PDA

View Full Version : Real Life vs Crysis

Bruzer
03-13-2007, 11:21 AM
I thought these where pretty cool.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/03/thumb800x800_419822981_2a6225e2c0_o-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/03/thumb800x800_419822950_c2ecf651ac_o-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/03/thumb800x800_419822892_83db3add55_o-1.jpg

Of course left is real right is crysis. I look forward to this game for sure.

Motion
03-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Wow, very impressive.

mor911
03-13-2007, 11:34 AM
wow! :drool:

Kinda makes Gears look ugly in a way.... No way my PC can run that :( Is this coming to 360 or PS3? I forget

Tone_E
03-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Its about time the PC finally showcases the fact that it can graphically be better than consoles.

Its a common misconception that the PC cant match 360/PS3 graphics, but with DirectX10, new light shading, processing, etc can fully take advantage of the features that the new graphic cards incorporate!

Watch out consoles, here comes the PC again.

Motion
03-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Its about time the PC finally showcases the fact that it can graphically be better than consoles.

Its a common misconception that the PC cant match 360/PS3 graphics, but with DirectX10, new light shading, processing, etc can fully take advantage of the features that the new graphic cards incorporate!

Somehow I don't think the console market will ever seriously be threatened by PC gaming.

Bruzer
03-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Crysis developers said it won't work on the next gen systems of ps3 and xbox 360 so its staying pc only last I knew.

Tone_E
03-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Somehow I don't think the console market will ever seriously be threatened by PC gaming.

I agree, consoles will always be more popular, but people who value gameplay, especially for FPSs realize that there is nothing like a PC.

This used to be true in regards for graphics as well, but as of late, the 360 is better, until now.

And if you want to compare gameplay, all I have to say is Half Life 2. :wink:

Bruzer
03-13-2007, 12:02 PM
I agree, consoles will always be more popular, but people who value gameplay, especially for FPSs realize that there is nothing like a PC.

This used to be true in regards for graphics as well, but as of late, the 360 is better, until now.

And if you want to compare gameplay, all I have to say is Half Life 2. :wink:

I agree PC will never be popular but if I had only one choice between console or pc gaming I would take pc as much as I love console as my 2 favorite games of all time are console I much rather pc game.

UltraDol-Fan
03-13-2007, 12:03 PM
but people who value gameplay, especially for FPSs realize that there is nothing like a PC.

oh no you didn't /snap snap

FPS on computers is awful IMO.

Motion
03-13-2007, 12:05 PM

:yeahthat:

Bruzer
03-13-2007, 12:08 PM

Really??? I can't stand fps on console I think pc fps's are far better than console atleast IMO.

I love consoles for adventure, platformers and such but if there is a choice between console and pc i go pc everytime for fps's

Phin-o-rama
03-13-2007, 12:09 PM
mouse + keyboard dominate analog sticks

Bruzer
03-13-2007, 12:11 PM

Much agreed I am sure some people are very good at consoles but like counter-strike i couldn't even fathom how bad i would get my *** kicked if i had to used analog sticks.

Motion
03-13-2007, 12:17 PM

:ninja: No way

Bruzer
03-13-2007, 12:23 PM

Capcom disabled mouse using ability for resident evil 4 on the pc becuase they thought it would be to easy to play the game with a mouse.

Tone_E
03-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Much agreed I am sure some people are very good at consoles but like counter-strike i couldn't even fathom how bad i would get my *** kicked if i had to used analog sticks.

FPS on consoles.....:sidelol:

Aiming with a stick.... :sidelol: Why not just turn on auto aim? :rolleyes2

Regardless of input devices, FPSs on consoles are arcady. FPS like BF2 on PC are much more like a sim, because of the gameplay, movement, etc. as opposed to the console versions that are limited in that sense.

Motion
03-13-2007, 12:26 PM

Regardless of input devices, FPSs on consoles are arcady. FPS like BF2 on PC are much more like a sim, because of the gameplay, movement, etc. as opposed to the console versions that are limited in that sense.

That doesn't make sense. It would be much easier to aim with a mouse than an analog stick on a controller.

Tone_E
03-13-2007, 12:34 PM
That doesn't make sense. It would be much easier to aim with a mouse than an analog stick on a controller.

Thats my point exactly. Which way of aiming do you find to be more realistic? Moving an analog stick in 13 directions before acquiring your target? Imagine yourself shouldering a real gun.

It is way too limited aiming with a stick, and is therefore unrealistic imo.

Phinz420
03-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Hes not lying. If people had to go up against me or some of my buddies in CSS using any controller, they may get 1 inaccurate shot off before the ensuing head shot arrives :wink:.

I get along fine with controllers myself, but in direct comparison to a fast mouse & keyboard, there just isnt any benefits using the controller.

The best feature about controllers IMO is that they are easy for people to get the hang of and they are best when playing with friends in the same room.

But for online gaming, there just isnt any comparison IMO. :tongue:

FinsNCanes
03-13-2007, 12:41 PM
wow! :drool:

Kinda makes Gears look ugly in a way.... No way my PC can run that :( Is this coming to 360 or PS3? I forget

I think PC?

Phin-o-rama
03-13-2007, 12:43 PM
thats PC with directx10 and Vista

FinsNCanes
03-13-2007, 12:45 PM

Doubtful..

I've been waiting for PC gaming to get back to it's glory days and I've yet to see it happen. I'm sure Crysis will be awesome but PC gaming seems to almost be a dying breed unless it's an MMO anymore.

I remember I used to beable to walk into an EB and see it stocked with computer games..now they have a 10x10 area for them.

Motion
03-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Thats my point exactly. Which way of aiming do you find to be more realistic? Moving an analog stick in 13 directions before acquiring your target? Imagine yourself shouldering a real gun.

It is way too limited aiming with a stick, and is therefore unrealistic imo.

They're both unrealistic IMO.

I'm just basing it on a PC vs. Console perspective. :lol:

Phinz420
03-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I remember I used to beable to walk into an EB and see it stocked with computer games..now they have a 10x10 area for them.

Honestly I can't even tell you the last time I have went into a retail store to buy a PC game. I spend a lot of money on PC games too.

Tone_E
03-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Honestly I can't even tell you the last time I have went into a retail store to buy a PC game. I spend a lot of money on PC games too.

Thats a little contradicting, unless of course you buy online. :wink:

Phinz420
03-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Thats a little contradicting, unless of course you buy online. :wink:

That is the point of the post. I always use digital download. Mostly from Direct2Drive & Steam.

Believe me, I spend FAR too much $$$ on PC games.

FinsNCanes
03-13-2007, 01:17 PM

I used to..

Nothing comes out but a few months anymore though. I was really considering buying a new PC till I realized there is really nothing out for them that won't be on the console. I might as well save 1500 bucks. It's unfortunate because I prefer the mouse over controller :(

PS - There are new AOC videos if you haven't seen from GDC.

Dol-Fan Dupree
03-13-2007, 01:23 PM

FPS on PC are not more sim, they are just as arcady. There is no way that a mouse and a keyboard simulate how it is like to shoot a gun in real life.

Consoles will always be superior to PCs due to price. Even the hella expensive PS3 is cheap compared to the PC that is needed to get everything out of the newest games. Then it is obsolete in two years and I need to spend the equivilent of buying a new PS3 to be able to see the latest and greatest graphics if not actually play the game due to some amazing upgrade.

The only thing I find superior on PC are Strategy games. There is no way a Galactic Civ or a Civ IV could be played well on a Console as a PC. That and RTS. Anything with action I would rather play on consoles and that includes a FPS. Plus keyboard and mouse just seem so cheap.

Phinz420
03-13-2007, 01:33 PM
The only thing I find superior on PC are Strategy games. There is no way a Galactic Civ or a Civ IV could be played well on a Console as a PC. That and RTS. Anything with action I would rather play on consoles and that includes a FPS. Plus keyboard and mouse just seem so cheap.

PC is still the best for Real Time Strategy, First Person Shooters, & MMOs. I really cant see how you could only mention RTS.

Agent51
03-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't know how this is even possible, but the last 2 pics in the set of 4 look better in the game than they do in real life :lol:.

The only thing that bugs me (and this goes for ALL games, not just this one) is the water. It looks worlds better than previous attempts, but it always has this effect like whatever way you look the "lines" in the water goe the same way. It's reall hard to explain, but look at the 2nd picture comparison. In the real water, you can see that all the ripples go the same way, from left to right, meaning they are rippling/flowing towards the horizon (or towards the photographers) but when you look at the game water next to it, you see that further off but the water up close looks like the ripple lines are coming out from your vantage point, and it does that in all games I've seen, no matter what way you turn. This is REALLY hard to explain in words, so I'm probably not making any sense, so I'll just use the :drool: smiley and say these graphics are crazy.

Bruzer
03-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Reason I like pc more than console is mods. With games like hl2, oblivion, unreal its real easy to find a new gaming experience created by the community.

Dol-Fan Dupree
03-13-2007, 01:58 PM
PC is still the best for Real Time Strategy, First Person Shooters, & MMOs. I really cant see how you could only mention RTS.

I mentioned turn based strategies and RTS.

I believe that FPS do just fine on console.

MMOs is debatable since headsets can offset the lack of keyboard, plus it depends on how the MMO is played since it could be an action 3rd person MMO. For WOW MMO, PCs do better.

FinsNCanes
03-13-2007, 02:02 PM

RTS I believe could be played well on a console.

Isn't C&C coming to the console? It might feel a little odd but I think it's doable.

Dol-Fan Dupree
03-13-2007, 02:05 PM
RTS I believe could be played well on a console.

Isn't C&C coming to the console? It might feel a little odd but I think it's doable.

They can be done. It is just something that is rarely done successfully.

Phinz420
03-13-2007, 07:07 PM
I mentioned turn based strategies and RTS.

I believe that FPS do just fine on console.

MMOs is debatable since headsets can offset the lack of keyboard, plus it depends on how the MMO is played since it could be an action 3rd person MMO. For WOW MMO, PCs do better.

I didn't suggest that those genres didn't work on consoles, just that they weren't even comparable to when played on PCs. The amount of control and customization when on PCs is unparalleled. Just remember, consoles are simply dumbed down, dedicated gaming PCs that lock out most of the versatile features that make PCs what they are.

Thank god for XBL and now PSHome & Mii. Consoles were in deep need of online community support until Msoft stepped up to the plate.

Phin-o-rama
03-13-2007, 07:12 PM
if anyone was curious a buddy of mine bought a wired 360 controller for his pc, and its badass works extremely well ...just an fyi but its basically a usb gamepad thats plug and play....(he got marvel ultimate alliance for pc and the 360 controller was auto configged for the game and everything)

Dol-Fan Dupree
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
I didn't suggest that those genres didn't work on consoles, just that they weren't even comparable to when played on PCs. The amount of control and customization when on PCs is unparalleled. Just remember, consoles are simply dumbed down, dedicated gaming PCs that lock out most of the versatile features that make PCs what they are.

Thank god for XBL and now PSHome & Mii. Consoles were in deep need of online community support until Msoft stepped up to the plate.

Last thing I would call a console is dumbed down.

However still the cost of keeping up with the jones on PC is staggering compared to console.

Phinz420
03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Last thing I would call a console is dumbed down.

However still the cost of keeping up with the jones on PC is staggering compared to console.

Of coarse it is dumbed down, but more efficient at it's job. For instance, it doesnt take near as much RAM to run console games as it does for PC.

Look at the size of consoles compared to a gaming rig. Also, even when the PS3 & 360 were released themselves, they werent even more powerful than the top video cards out at the time. You don't make the consoles with the most extreme parts available, because the costs would be so high that it would be worse than what Sony pulled with the PS3. In the long run it doesnt need those extreme parts to complete their generation goals. Just look at the Wii.

FinsNCanes
03-13-2007, 09:53 PM

Then again if it never happened you might see more PC (good games) being made like how it was 5+ years ago.

Mike13
03-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Damn I had a hard time telling which one was which lol.