PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft

iceblizzard69
06-25-2003, 05:49 PM
The NBA Draft is tomorrow night, who do you want your team to get? I want my Knicks to get either Maciej Lampe (very unlikely) or Mike Sweetney. I really don't want TJ Ford, I don't have a problem with small players but he is a little too small.

People have been dissing on how the draft is all foreigners, but look at the drafts of recent years. It is clear that foreigners are a lot more of a sure thing than American players this year. Some of them come a little early, but a lot of them come at the age of 20 and have already played professional basketball and are clearly NBA ready. Look at the Spurs for example, a few years ago they drafted a very young Tony Parker with the last pick of the first round and now he is one of the best players in the league. Here are some other foreigners who have had big impacts in their first two seasons in the league, most of them having impacts in their first year:

Pau Gasol
Dirk Nowitzki
Tony Parker
Nene Hilario

Foreigners are better fundamentally these days than Americans. Soon, foreigners will rule the NBA because the American players this year only learn how to dunk. Not even LeBron James is that good a shooter, while these 7 footers from Europe come in and can shoot like a guard. It really sucks because this sport created here and many of us plamericy here, but Americans just aren't trained as well as foreigners, and if this doesn't change, the NBA will be 10% American.

Migs182005
06-25-2003, 06:03 PM
I'm really hoping the Heat will draft Bosh. Just have to hope he falls one spot.

MOULDSROCKS
06-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Looks like my Pistons are gonna be gettin a stud! :D

My 2nd team is probably Indiana.... which is a ? for me. It'll be great to see!

Prime Time
06-25-2003, 08:04 PM
Hopefully Miami will get the best guy available.....amybe another Caron Butler.

iceblizzard69
06-25-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS

Even though I am very pro-foreign NBA players I think Detroit should draft Carmelo Anthony. Darko is only 18 and they had to make a new rule so he could even enter this draft, he is a year away from contributing. I think Anthony, although very young, is very experienced and could start right away. However, both players will be excellent in a few years.

If I was a Heat fan, I would be praying for Maciej Lampe. He is a very good young player who is supposedly a very good shooter. He plays for Real Madrid, I didn't even know there was a Real Madrid basketball team before I heard about Lampe. The Real Madrid basketball team is associated with their wack soccer team, they both have the same logo and everything.

Clumpy
06-25-2003, 11:36 PM
LA Clippers used to be the Buffalo Braves. I hope they take Dwayne Wade. He's a versatile backcourt player and with Andre Miller likely leaving as a FA, they could use a guy that can play some minutes at both 1 & 2

:)

Hellion
06-26-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS

:rolleyes: Great! I find another Pistons fan and he turns out to be a Bills fan.:goof:

Fresh
06-26-2003, 08:45 AM
Well, I've been dead on the board lately. I am also a NBA-OFFSEASON freak, so I know my stuff. I am REALLLLLY hoping that either we swap picks for Toronto, New York trades up for Ford, or Toronto stays put and picks Ford/Lampe. I really want Chris Bosh, kid could turn about to be a Kevin Garnett/Jermaine O'Neal type player, or then again a Joe Smith. I hate Majeic Lampe with a passion, if not Bosh I want Dwyane Wade. We can either use a scorer like Wade. We can put him at the point(6'5/210) and try to turn him into a Gilbert Arenas-type, or leave him at the 2 and trade away Jones(which I'd love). We shall see..

iceblizzard69
06-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Peanut
I hate Majeic Lampe with a passion

Why do you hate Lampe? Because he isn't American? Because he is white? Have you ever seen him play? How can you hate someone that you probably know nothing about? That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Muck
06-26-2003, 11:06 AM
We gotta get a shooter or a big man who can score. Gotta get a scorer. Honestly, I think Pat Riley will make a trade if Bosch isn't there.

minus
06-26-2003, 12:00 PM
I'm hoping for Lampe because I just have feeling he will turn out to be another Dirk Nowitzki.I'm not too sure on Chris Bosh.

minus
06-26-2003, 12:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/d03/story?id=1573084

Good article on Lampe...

dolphan39
06-26-2003, 01:13 PM
I am just hoping my NJ Nets get someone who plays for them in 03-04. I know the guy from Eur they got last year may not even play for them yet. They should think about a PG IMO since Kidd is not looking like he's not likely coming back :(

iceblizzard69
06-26-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I want my Knicks to get either Maciej Lampe (very unlikely) or Mike Sweetney.

I like that line. Instead of getting one, we got both! This is the first good Knicks draft that I can remember.

Prime Time
06-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Yeah I cannot believe it Ice...I was about to say you get both.

mf52dolphin
06-27-2003, 03:12 AM
Well as a Laker fan I was really happy with the draft. Especially with getting Luke Walton in the 2nd round. Also getting Cook from Illinois at 6'10 1/2" will help also.
Surprisingly last year when Shaq was not on the on the floor, the Lakers did not have a player taller than Magic Johnson. The two tallest non-Shaq guys were Samaki Walker and Mark Madsen at 6'8 1/2", and both guys are going to be dumped.

dolphan39
06-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Sounds like the Nets tooks the Yatil Green of European BBall, but we shall see. I like their 2nd round pick from Creighton 49% 3PT shooter and 90+% FT shooter :up:

iceblizzard69
06-27-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by dolphan39
I like their 2nd round pick from Creighton 49% 3PT shooter and 90+% FT shooter :up:

Too bad you guys traded him.....for CASH!

Korver is a really good shooter.

dolphan39
06-27-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Too bad you guys traded him.....for CASH!

Korver is a really good shooter. crap I missed that and those idiots did noy say anything on their site - http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nbadraft-nets-76erstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

site I like Brian Scalabrine since he runs my son's 1-week basketball camp up here in CT - at least he will have 1 less guy to compete against :rolleyes:

and at least
Planinic ...should be in New Jersey this season, rather than playing overseas. unlike our pick in 2002 http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=nowwhatanalyzingthenbadr&prov=tsn&type=lgns