PDA

View Full Version : Had My Power Shut Off For 9 Hours Today

Muck
06-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I let it roll up......and they shut me down around noon today. Doh!! So I immediately call them up and make a payment over the phone. "I've put in for them to reconnect you. Just can't give you an exact time". Fine. That's ok by me. I'll *gasp* read a book.

FYI - I live in an Old Florida building. Built in 1926. So insulation is minimal. That means the temperatures are always hotter/colder than it is outside. And it gets hot quick.

Anyway, by 6:00 I'm officially pissed. Everything in my fridge is room temperature. Everything in the freezer has completely thawed out (and water is on the floor). It's hot as hell. And it's dark inside. I can't even read now. So I call them up. By now, I'm wondering if I'll have electricity tonight.

After waiting 40 minutes on hold.......on my cellphone no less (no landline) with a dying batter, I finally get thru. "You'll be taken care of today". Fine. An hour goes by.....nothing. I leave and walk to the bay with my book ("A Shark Among Dolphins").

Finally, just after 9 PM, everything comes back on. All is well. :) But it just renewed my belief that customer service in this country has indeed plummeted. 9 hours to fix me up?? Give me a break. I'll kick your azz!!

BTW - I read about 110 pages. I can't believe it. I haven't read a book book since they made us in high school.

Den54
06-25-2003, 10:11 PM
Remember when I recommended that book to you.:D

XoPhinsoX
06-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Shoulda blazed :redeye:

Having your power go out is ****ty as hell though.

Let's hope it doesn't happen during football ;\.

Muck
06-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Den54
Remember when I recommended that book to you.:D

Yup. You did and went right out and I bought it for $2 used (looks brand new though) last fall. Read like 35 pages. Now I just picked it up again and I'm halfway done. It's pretty cool so far. Very negative tones toward Shoes though. :( But there's lots of good info in there.