PDA

View Full Version : Baseball All Star Game

jetssuckSr
06-26-2003, 02:19 AM
As I'm sure most of you know, in an effort to make the All Star game a more serious competitive game, the league has decided that the winner (AL or NL) will have home field advantage in the World Series.

Great, I've got no problem with that but now that the stakes are higher should they continue to let the fans have so much say in the voting?

As of right now Mike Lowell, 3rd baseman for the Marlins and leading the Majors in HR's is in 3rd place in the voting for his position. Leading is Scott Rolen of the Cards which I really don't have a problem with as he's a solid player. But in front of Lowell in 2nd is Vinny Castilla of the Braves, an aging veteran who isn't near the hitter he once was. But fortunately for him he plays on a good team that plays everyday to a national audience on cable tv.

I'm not a big Marlins fan but I am a NL fan and with home field on the line I'd hate to see Lowell sitting at home like me for the game. Besides, he belongs there.

JS

Prime Time
06-26-2003, 03:10 PM
He deserves to go. He still has plent of time to break away from the pack in HRs and prove to otheres he should go. I love my Marlins and I think these guys should guy

Lowell
Rodriguez
Gonzalez

MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE

Willis.

t2thejz
06-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Willis shoudl defintly go, that guy is awsome.

t2thejz
06-27-2003, 11:57 AM
How come we cant vote for pitchers though?