PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 and PS3 advice needed.

Sethdaddy8
03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
I have the PS3, 360...and a Wii, for that matter. I got Madden for the PS3 and found it to be EXACTLY the same as the 360. My question is, what game should I get, for which system. My current dilemna is NBA Street homecourt, and what system to buy it for. I'm not THAT into the XBL player points and stuff. Im not a big on-line player. Just Madden really...and GOW a tiny bit. All this considered, I read reviews at Gamespot.com, and reviews for NBA Street were identical for the PS3 and 360...literally the same article for both games. So is there anyone with insight with which console to choose when games such as this appear to be the same? Thanks in advance.

Phin-o-rama
03-15-2007, 03:16 PM
do you like rumble?

Sethdaddy8
03-15-2007, 03:18 PM
do you like rumble?

whats that, when the joy stick vibrates? if so, then i suppose. wont make or break anything for me. does one of the systems not support rumble?

Phin-o-rama
03-15-2007, 03:20 PM
oh man here you go a nice graphical comparison

let the vid load its worth it....the 360 still has superior 'lighting' imo, and the wood floors in some of the shots look better....up to you, which one looks better to 'your' eye.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17170&type=mov&pl=game

Phin-o-rama
03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
if that doesn't work try this link

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=17170

Phin-o-rama
03-15-2007, 03:26 PM
whats that, when the joy stick vibrates? if so, then i suppose. wont make or break anything for me. does one of the systems not support rumble?

the current ps3 controllers do not have rumble functionality

Sethdaddy8
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
if that doesn't work try this link

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=17170

taking a bit of time to load...

the PS3 joysticks dont rumble? i couldve swore they were rumbling in Resistance...maybe i'm oblivious at this point.

UltraDol-Fan
03-15-2007, 03:35 PM
figure out which controller you like better and buy it for that one

Dolfan5000
03-15-2007, 03:39 PM

the PS3 joysticks dont rumble? i couldve swore they were rumbling in Resistance...maybe i'm oblivious at this point.
Lol no net yet. You must've been playing an intense ranked game.

Immersion and Sony are teaming together to make a rumble SIXAXIS in the near future (I think as early as mid-summer).

P.S. Immersion is the company that made the dualshock controllers for PS1 and PS2.

Phin-o-rama
03-15-2007, 03:46 PM

let it buffer, and play...its a good look side by side...both are good

if i had both systems right now (like you), i would buy it for 360 for the following reasons:

-graphics imo look a little better on 360 to me
-rumble controller for when you make monster dunks (yes plz)
-xbox live multiplayer capability
-achievements

hopefully, in a year, i could make a better argument for ps3 (when home is out and not buggy, online working properly, trophies, and graphics start looking better)

Sethdaddy8
03-15-2007, 03:49 PM
oh man here you go a nice graphical comparison

let the vid load its worth it....the 360 still has superior 'lighting' imo, and the wood floors in some of the shots look better....up to you, which one looks better to 'your' eye.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17170&type=mov&pl=game

awesome trailer, with the J5 mix, thanks!!!
i dont have the best eyes, so it was hard to differentiate. I took a piece of paper, and everytime it was split screen, I checked which screen looked better to me, PS3 or 360...of course it ended in a tie. :rolleyes:

man, im really shocked PS3 doesn't have vibrating controllers..I could've swore it did.

Sethdaddy8
03-15-2007, 03:50 PM
let it buffer, and play...its a good look side by side...both are good

if i had both systems right now (like you), i would buy it for 360 for the following reasons:

-graphics imo look better on 360 (i'm not the only one)
-rumble controller for when you make monster dunks (yes plz)
-xbox live multiplayer capability
-achievements

hopefully, in a year, i could make a better argument for ps3 (when home is out and not buggy, online working properly, trophies, and graphics start looking better)

Thanks dude, exactly the help I was looking for.

Sethdaddy8
03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
figure out which controller you like better and buy it for that one

im ambidextrous at this point.:lol:

rob19
03-15-2007, 06:36 PM
IMO, madden absolutely sucks the D, on the PS3... on defense whenever im in pursuit with a player and i press the 'run fast' button i trip all over myself...its quite annoying... and ive never had it happen to me on the 360.

Dubfire
03-15-2007, 10:57 PM
I have seen NBA Street on the PS3 in full 1080p and was absolutlely blown away. Have not seen it on the 360 that way.

Phin-o-rama
03-16-2007, 08:57 AM
its full 1080p on the 360 as well.

Sethdaddy8
03-16-2007, 11:11 AM
So I got it for the 360. Its a lot of fun...definitely! Graphics are great and the game play is smooth. Just wish creating your character options were better, and creating your own team and teammates were an option as well, like NFL street. All in all, a fun game with no regrets. Thanks for the advice guys, especially you Phin-o-rama. That video sold me.