PDA

View Full Version : Marc-Vivien Foe dies at Confederation Cup game (merged)

Prime Time
06-26-2003, 05:04 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=270589&cc=5901

Very unfortunate. I saw it when he collapsed and fell on the pitch. I ccannot believe this happened. My blessings go out to him and his family. Let him rest in peace!

FOE YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED BY ALL

Muck
06-26-2003, 05:10 PM
Although we don't know much yet, it sounds like maybe he had heat stroke. And overall body exhaustion might have played a role as well....judging from that little blurb from Bruce Arena at the bottom.

Very sad.

Prime Time
06-26-2003, 05:23 PM
I know this is not Dolphin news, not even football news but I had to mention it because it is very sayd and not many people will see it in the lounge.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=270589&cc=5901

Very unfortunate. I saw it when he collapsed and fell on the pitch. I ccannot believe this happened. My blessings go out to him and his family. Let him rest in peace!

FOE YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED BY ALL

iceblizzard69
06-26-2003, 05:26 PM
That really sucks. I can't believe an athlete in good shape could just collapse and die during a game.

Prime Time
06-26-2003, 05:29 PM
I know it is unbelievable. This is a sad day for soccer fans eveywhere.

Al13
06-26-2003, 05:33 PM
it is, i saw it live on tv too, man you wouldn´t expect stuff like that from athletes , but it has happened before, strange world we live in, blessings to his family and friends

aquaman
06-26-2003, 06:11 PM
unreal.. my brother passed yesterday .. he was hit by an 18 wheeler fishing in the keys . I know what the family of this poor man must be feeling may he have the peace he did not have on earth.

Prime Time
06-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Very sorry to hear that. Let them both rest in peace.

CRAZYDOLFAN305
06-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Damn aqua im so sorry dog. If you need anything let me know..

mf52dolphin
06-27-2003, 03:01 AM
First of all my sympathies aquaman.

Second, this day brings up bad memories of March 4th, 1990, when Hank Gathers dropped dead on the court during a WCC conference tournament game at Loyola University. You wonder if the shocking passing of Mr. Foe would bring on the demise of tthe Confederation Cup tournament?

iceblizzard69
06-27-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by mf52dolphin
First of all my sympathies aquaman.

Second, this day brings up bad memories of March 4th, 1990, when Hank Gathers dropped dead on the court during a WCC conference tournament game at Loyola University. You wonder if the shocking passing of Mr. Foe would bring on the demise of tthe Confederation Cup tournament?

After 2005, they are going to make it a 4 year tournament, but they decided that before this tournament. Most teams in it think it is pointless and Germany declined an invitation to be in the tournament (they were invited for finishing second at the World Cup). Bruce Arena, the coach of the USA, isn't a big fan of the tournament, and many other coaches feel the same way. Arena cares a lot more about the Gold Cup next month.

Anyway, this death could really end the Confederations Cup for good, espicially since no one wants it right now anyway.

Prime Time
06-27-2003, 04:13 PM
The Confederation Cup is pointless, it has no meaning besides a couple of game of soccers.