PDA

View Full Version : Heat picked a good player

iceblizzard69
06-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Dwayne Wade is a very good player, I think the Heat made a good pick but I have no idea what they will do with him with Butler and Jones. They could move him to PG which would be interesting.

I liked the Knicks pick of Sweetney, he will help us downlow.

Maciej Lampe will be the STEAL of the draft!

Den54
06-26-2003, 09:05 PM
The Magic got a very solid pick with Reece Gains of Louville. Pitino loved this guy and he is the perfect fit for the Magic.

Muck
06-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Miami is going to keep trying to trade Eddie Jones.

Prime Time
06-26-2003, 10:28 PM
I wish we could get LeBron for him :D

Gonk
06-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Riley said that Wade will play PG and Eddie Jones will stay at SG. He said we're going to be seeing Jones, Butler and Wade out on the court a lot this season.

If 'Zo comes back, we have a pretty strong starting line-up. Mourning, Grant, Butler, Wade, Jones.

Anyone know the condition of Mourning? Is he coming back any time soon?

Prime Time
06-26-2003, 11:21 PM
So we aren't trading Eddie Jones? When did he say this....during the draft? Just now?

Muck
06-27-2003, 12:38 AM
They've been trying to trade Eddie for like two years now. He just makes too much damn money. Same with Brian Grant.

I think the Zo-to-Dallas rumors could very well come to fruition. It makes sense. I don't see him coming back to Miami next year.

Clumpy
06-27-2003, 12:41 AM
The reason Lampe fell so far: Contract buyout problems with his European team. If Knicks can work something out, he will be the steal of the draft

iceblizzard69
06-27-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
The reason Lampe fell so far: Contract buyout problems with his European team. If Knicks can work something out, he will be the steal of the draft

We all know they will work it out! :up: Unlike Frederic Weis, Lampe wants to play in the NBA!

t2thejz
06-27-2003, 11:16 AM
Wade is a very good player, and he will make an impact

t2thejz
06-27-2003, 11:55 AM
The Heat are only going to get better, now that they have caron and wade too good young players to build around.

Prime Time
06-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Are we keeping Rasual Butler? What about our 2nd draft pick, is he any good?

Fresh
06-27-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
So we aren't trading Eddie Jones? When did he say this....during the draft? Just now?

Nah, you know Riley. He isn't just gonna come out and say that they're trying to trade Jones. Riles said, IF Jones, Butler, and Wade are here, they will play together alot. The Herald knows it, Goldie knows it, the Sentinel knows it, ESPN knows it, Hoopsworld knows it, I know it.. they will try like hell to trade Jones. Stromile Swift may be their main target..

Fresh
06-27-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
Are we keeping Rasual Butler? What about our 2nd draft pick, is he any good?

We hold a team option on Rasual, we have until Monday to notify him of what we're going to do with him. 2nd round pick, PF Jerome Beasley has potential to be a steal. He is mature at 23-years old, he's from North Dakota(like Phil Jackson) so he is a small schooler. He is big at around 6'10 3/4 and I think 237 pounds. He has ONE HELL of a J for his size.

The thing that I like about Wade is his MATURITY. He married straight out of high school and had a chlid 16 months ago when he was only 20(he's 21 now). You know Riley likes his player mature and ready to play! I am sooo excited, I wanted Bosh or Wade but didn't think we'd take Wade because we have E.J.

Fresh
06-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Maciej Lampe will be the STEAL of the draft!

The situation with Lampe was very wierd. The kid may not be able to come over to play from Poland until 2years from now. There is something about a 7-year option where he can stay there(I don't know anything about it really). I don't think that will happen, but I definately see him playing in Poland this year, and maybe next. Lean Barbosa is another guy who should go back to Brazil. Basically, Lampe was picked into the best situation. The Knicks got Sweetney(who I think will start and put up 13/8) so they really don't need Lampe yet. But still, it was a great pick. In a few years, Spree won't be there and who knows how much longer Houston will. So getting a shooter like Lampe, betters the future of New York. I really want to see how 25th overall pick from last year, PG Frank Williams(in part with the Dyse/Nene trade) plays. He was hurt last year, but looked great in the summer leagues. His shot is decent, but he is a good passer. With Williams, Houston, Spree, Sweetney, and Dyse.. watch out guys, the stinkin' Knicks are back! :o

iceblizzard69
06-27-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Peanut

The situation with Lampe was very wierd. The kid may not be able to come over to play from Poland until 2years from now. There is something about a 7-year option where he can stay there(I don't know anything about it really). I don't think that will happen, but I definately see him playing in Poland this year, and maybe next. Lean Barbosa is another guy who should go back to Brazil. Basically, Lampe was picked into the best situation. The Knicks got Sweetney(who I think will start and put up 13/8) so they really don't need Lampe yet. But still, it was a great pick. In a few years, Spree won't be there and who knows how much longer Houston will. So getting a shooter like Lampe, betters the future of New York. I really want to see how 25th overall pick from last year, PG Frank Williams(in part with the Dyse/Nene trade) plays. He was hurt last year, but looked great in the summer leagues. His shot is decent, but he is a good passer. With Williams, Houston, Spree, Sweetney, and Dyse.. watch out guys, the stinkin' Knicks are back! :o

The deal with Lampe is that he has a 1 million dolloar buyout and FIBA said he wasn't clear to come to the NBA. However, all these European guys have buyouts they have to pay. What the Knicks will do with Lampe is pay 350K of the buyout, and then work something out with a signing bonus so Lampe can pay the other 650K and play this season. Lampe would have been a lottery pick if FIBA cleared him to play.