PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the bowling thread?

Scrap
06-28-2003, 09:50 AM
I was just wondering.I noticed it's been deleted. If we did something we shouldn't do, I would like to know so that I don't do it again.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Bobby Humphrey
06-28-2003, 10:27 AM
i guess they didn't take too kindly to what i said about new zealand and the way i challenged you.

FinHeavenAJ
06-28-2003, 10:45 AM
Um... I'm not sure what happened actually... let me look into it. As far as I know, nothing was against the TOS...

Capt. Dick
06-28-2003, 10:48 AM
Hey guys....I asked AJ about it and he doesn`t know either. There was no reason for it to be deleted. Some type of accident with the system could have happened last night when the board was down. Anyway...carry on with the bowling championship! :D

FinHeavenAJ
06-28-2003, 10:56 AM
I can't find any record of it... which is really strange. I searched all forums, and I searched the moved/deleted threads log, and found nothing. I'm really sorry about that.

Scrap
06-28-2003, 11:03 AM
No problem. You still want to do it Humphrey? I promise to be honest.I'll bet as many points as you would like so long as I have them to bet. I'll go first if you want me to.

Bobby Humphrey
06-28-2003, 11:15 AM
ok scrappy, lets do it, 300 points and the title "bowlings finest are on the line.

i will go first because i am such a kind champion.

are u still here?

p.s. i need the link

Scrap
06-28-2003, 12:32 PM
http://www.smiliegames.com/bowling/index.php3

Luckily,I put it as a favorite.Good luck....awww, what am I talking about.....I hope you choke.:lol: I probably won't be able to come back online for a few more hours.I need to figure out what's wrong with the lawnmower right now.

Muck
06-28-2003, 12:34 PM
Hey guys, you're not alone. My "Week 1 Matchups" thread in the Main forum is gone too. And it's nowhere to be found when I search my posts. :confused:

Scrap
06-28-2003, 12:42 PM
You want to take on the winner, Muck?

FinHeavenAJ
06-28-2003, 01:07 PM
I guess there was some dataloss from the vBulletin crash last night... sorry :(

Bobby Humphrey
06-28-2003, 01:09 PM
no prob aj, thanks for the help though. it is nice of u to explain what happened to us little guys, thanks again

Bobby Humphrey
06-28-2003, 01:17 PM
The most anticipated match in bowling history has finally come upon us. vegus has humphery as a 3/1 favorite.

the crowd has just fell silent has the legend him self, bobby humhrey, has stepped up to the line. celebrity guess referee Alec Baldwin has just started the match. now be prepared for some magic!!!

p.s. remember it is the score of 4 games added together that decides the winner.

Bobby Humphrey
06-28-2003, 01:25 PM
game 1 didn't go as humphery had planned. a game that saw humphrey throw 3 splits, raises the question, has his injury healed? or, will he ever be the same again?

after the match humphrey was seen living the building with tears in his eyes and a baldwin.

humphery's game 1 - 134

scrappydew's game 1 - TBA

Scrap
06-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Now it's Scrappy's turn. Scrappy, although not the favorite, is really an up and coming bowler.As a matter of fact, I interviewed him this week and this is what he had to say:

"I've been training for this moment my whole life. Just this week, I watched "Kingpin" 150 times just to touch up on my game.I'm in the best shape of my life coming into this match.Humphrey's not gonna know what hit him. I even bowled blindfolded a few times incase he tries the old "throw sand in the eyes" trick like he did that time he paired up against that girl scout with the broken leg."

Sounds like he's ready.Now down to lane 2, where Scrappy is doing his pre game warm up.

Capt. Dick
06-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Just wanted to say.....I thought "Kingpin" was a real hoot.....one of my all time fave comedies. :lol:

Scrap
06-28-2003, 03:33 PM
And Scrappy delivers a crushing blow to Humphrey in the first round with a score of 187.

So the first round scores are as follows:

Bobby Humphrey: 134

Scrappy "The Bowlminator" Dew: 187

The crowd is going wild.I even heard a few people yelling "Scrappy" back in the 8th frame.

Now back to Bobby Humphry in lane 1.........

ohall
06-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ScrappyDew
And Scrappy delivers a crushing blow to Humphrey in the first round with a score of 187.

So the first round scores are as follows:

Bobby Humphrey: 134

Scrappy "The Bowlminator" Dew: 187

The crowd is going wild.I even heard a few people yelling "Scrappy" back in the 8th frame.

Now back to Bobby Humphry in lane 1.........

I bowled 201, what do I win?

201 (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rhino70/Bowling-201.gif)

Oliver...

Scrap
06-28-2003, 04:37 PM
My best is 226.How did you save that screen.I was trying to figure out how to save it so I could post my 187.Would you like the next title shot against the whoever wins?

By the way, it's much easier to break 200 when you don't have all of these screaming fans right behind you.The pressure is pretty immense actually.:D You've got to know how to read a pin formation, and call and audible right at the lane. Due to current whether conditions, I'm currently wearing a special bowling shoe that provides extra traction on the lane.CBL (Computer Bowling League) regulation shoes of course. Most wouldn't know to use this special shoe type.

I've also worked with some great athletes, such a Jamie Nails and Sam Adams,in hopes to get my bodyfat above 40% so that I will have that bowlers build to psyche out my opponent.

Getting ready for the 2nd round, I am beginning to notice a slight pain in my right index finger. Will this put a damper on my ability to pick up my beer mug in between the later rounds?I think it will be okay, but I will keep my fans informed. Sometimes a bowler's just got to play through the pain.Either way, it's gonna be an uphill battle from here.I'm not used to going a full 4 rounds of bowling, where as my opponent is.

Bobby Humphrey
06-28-2003, 10:25 PM
with his back against the wall, and a baldwin, humphrey has arrived at the stadium for round 2. with over 7 screaming fans, humphrey steps up to the mike,

"i just want to say to the 5 or 6 people out there cheering me on, i have been in tougher situations that this, and still managed to win them all!!"

with a deep breath humphrey steps away from the mike and up to the line, all 8 people in attendance fall quiet.

round 2 saw humphrey throw 4 strikes in the first 6 frames and than finishing win no sticks and 2 splits. however humphrey was pleased with his game, quoted saying, "i would like to see that **** scrappy match this effort, he's going to choke, c-h-o-k-e!!!"

humphrey round 1 - 134, round 2 - 174. = 308
scrappypoop round 1 - 187 round 2 - TBA = 187

Scrap
06-29-2003, 12:09 AM
Here we are, live anxiously waiting for "The Bowlminator" ScrappyDew
to begin bowling.We've talked to the doctors at Team Scrappy, and they said that the index finger should be okay.He got a corisone shot a few hours ago, and it feels as good as new.Actually, I must say he looks to be feeling just fine.He came out extra early, did some warmups, and stretched. I think he'll be just fine tonight. Now down to lane 2.

Scrap
06-29-2003, 12:35 AM
And and it's halftime. Scrappy scored 163 in this quarter making the halftime score:

Humphrey: 134 + 174= 308

to

Scrappy: 187 + 163=350

Here we have Scrappy coming towards the locker room right now. Scrappy how do you feel about your first half performance?

"Not too bad. I had a little trouble with the index finger late in the second round.The 7th and 8th frames I think, but I'll get with my trainers in the locker room, and hopefully get some tape on it. It should hold up just fine."

Any thoughts on your strategy for the second half?

" I just want to keep it close, and win in the fourth round.I may go over some game tape in the locker room, to see what exactly I can improve on, and go from there."

Thanks. Well that's the half, and as I look around, I can't believe the fact that Scrappy only has one fan here,and that's his mom.On the other hand, I was also amazed to find out that the Village People all made it here, as well as Christopher Lowell, to support their favorite bowler Bobby Humphrey.

Well be back after the halftime show for more of the SuperBowl.

Bobby Humphrey
06-29-2003, 12:43 AM
i'm reporting here live at the bowlarama where i have just talked to bobby humphrey who is about to begin the second half down by 42. humphrey, who was looking confident, reminded me that he has never lost a superbowling match in his life. and he told me that he would not disgrace the game of bowling by letting a 'hack' like scrappydew win this match. this reporter was shocked to find out that humphrey has never ever lost a super bowling match, this reporter was also shocked that the smell of alcohol on humphrey's breath was so strong, yet humphery only passes out twice in the 1 minute interview.

dean_siu
06-29-2003, 12:47 AM
I just got a 160 first game I bowled....I'll have this game down in no time!

Bobby Humphrey
06-29-2003, 12:52 AM
!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!

in a shocking turn of events, scrappydew's mom has gone on record saying, "i never liked that like punk scrappydew, he peed the bed till he was, well, he still lives at home and pees the bed." than miss scrappydew went on to say, "i am a life time humphrey fan. i hope humphrey makes a comeback and shuts that little dew up for good, infact i use to follow humphrey around when he was on tour about 32 years ago. the only reason i stopped following humphrey around was, well, ummm....." at that moment she ran out of the room in tears.

what could this mean? what happened between humphrey and scrappydew's mom? why did scrappydew's mom publicly desert her son in favour of humphrey? so many questions, so little answers.

Bobby Humphrey
06-29-2003, 12:59 AM
the third round for humphrey was less than a great moment for humphrey. his first ball was a split, and his solo strike didn't come till the 8th frame. could this poor score mean its all over for the champ?

humphrey round 1 - 134, round 2 - 174, round 3 - 146 = 454
scrappy dew round 1 - 187 round 2 - 163, round 3 TBA

dean_siu
06-29-2003, 01:02 AM
Wahoooo....176!!! I'm beginning to master the spin now! I'll be over 200 in no time!!!

ohall
06-29-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by ScrappyDew
My best is 226.How did you save that screen.I was trying to figure out how to save it so I could post my 187.Would you like the next title shot against the whoever wins?

By the way, it's much easier to break 200 when you don't have all of these screaming fans right behind you.The pressure is pretty immense actually.:D You've got to know how to read a pin formation, and call and audible right at the lane. Due to current whether conditions, I'm currently wearing a special bowling shoe that provides extra traction on the lane.CBL (Computer Bowling League) regulation shoes of course. Most wouldn't know to use this special shoe type.

I've also worked with some great athletes, such a Jamie Nails and Sam Adams,in hopes to get my bodyfat above 40% so that I will have that bowlers build to psyche out my opponent.

Getting ready for the 2nd round, I am beginning to notice a slight pain in my right index finger. Will this put a damper on my ability to pick up my beer mug in between the later rounds?I think it will be okay, but I will keep my fans informed. Sometimes a bowler's just got to play through the pain.Either way, it's gonna be an uphill battle from here.I'm not used to going a full 4 rounds of bowling, where as my opponent is.

Press Print Screen on your keyboard, then open up Windows programe called "Paint" then press ctrl + V to paste the image you just copied by pressing Print Screen.

After it's in "Paint" you can save it where you like.

Oliver...

Scrap
06-29-2003, 01:17 AM
Well, now it's Scrappy's turn to bowl, and I can't help but notice the fact that Scrappy looks upset that his mom has left his side.Let'sgo talk to him.

Scrappy how do you feel about what you've just heard about the relationship between your mom and Bobby Humphries?

" I've known about it for sometime."

Your mother said, and I quote "the only reason i stopped following humphrey around was, well, ummm....."at that moment she ran out of the room in tears. Would you like to elaborate on that?

"Yeah, she got upset because he ran off with Christopher Lowell a few years ago after admitting....well......I think you know the rest.
Listen, I've got to go put this thing out of reach now.I'll talk to you later."

Well, you that's the word from the "Bowlminator". Now down to the action on lane 2.

Scrap
06-29-2003, 01:31 AM
Well, that's the end of the third round with the score:

humphrey round 1 - 134, round 2 - 174, round 3 - 146 = 454
scrappy dew round 1 - 187 round 2 - 163, round 3 138 = 488

Not one of Scrappy's better scores in that round. He must be thinking about the whereabouts of his mom.

Scrap
06-29-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Oliver

Press Print Screen on your keyboard, then open up Windows programe called "Paint" then press ctrl + V to paste the image you just copied by pressing Print Screen.

After it's in "Paint" you can save it where you like.

Oliver...

Thanks Oliver, I'll try it in the 4th game.

Bobby Humphrey
06-29-2003, 01:53 AM
scrappydew's mom has just called a press conference. lets listen it....

scrappydew's mom:

it breaks my heart to see this two fine men go at it like this. you see 32 years ago, i, ummm, well, i had an affair with bobby humphrey. yes, its true, i couldn't resist those boyish good looks, just look at him, could you resist him? anyways, thats not all. the thing that truly breaks my heart to see these men go at it is, dramatic pause, bobby humphrey is really scrappydew's biological father!!!!! scrappydew if your out there listening, i am sorry i didn't tell u this sooner, i just couldn't. but isn't it kinda obvious being that you too look almost alike and where did u think u got all that bowling talent from? please scrappydew, if your listening, call off the match, thats your father, not just some bowling opponent. for our family, call off the match!!!!!

reporter:

you heard it here first, log on to our poll at finheaven.com to vote in the poll what scrappydew should do. and please, humphrey and scrappydew, please do not vote on this poll.

poll link:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18844

Scrap
06-29-2003, 02:03 AM
This has come as such a suprise to me. Dad.....Are you out there?

Bobby Humphrey
06-29-2003, 02:06 AM
i'm here, ummm, i mean, humphrey is here, not sure about this whole dad thing. i need some time to think about all of this, i will sleep on it. tomorrw i will log back in and check out the poll, till than, sleep tight my ___.

Scrap
06-29-2003, 02:08 AM
We should put this on pay per view next time. This has been a bowling match that everyone has been waiting to see. Oh, well we'll finish tommorrow.

Bobby Humphrey
06-30-2003, 06:18 AM
well, it looks like 66% of the people say play on, the balls in your cour, what will it be?????

Scrap
06-30-2003, 08:10 AM
Let's do it.

Bobby Humphrey
06-30-2003, 09:37 AM
well, i can't say my heart isn't broken.......

consider it brought!!!!

Bobby Humphrey
06-30-2003, 09:39 AM
humprey with a cold look in his eyes, like he knows its almost over for him, steps up to the line. the cold sweat on his forehead is running down into his eyes............

and for the first time in his bowling career, humphrey refuses to talk to the media.

Bobby Humphrey
06-30-2003, 09:47 AM
thanks to 2 strikes in the last 2 frames, humphrey avoided a totally humiliating score, however this didn't prevent his humiliation as he ran out of the bowling hall in tears immediately after the game. this reporter has never seen a 499 pound man cry like a school girl before, until today.

humphrey round 1 - 134, round 2 - 174, round 3 - 146, round 4 - 138 = 592
scrappy dew round 1 - 187 round 2 - 163, round 3 138 = 488

Scrap
06-30-2003, 10:41 AM
ScrapyDew steps up to lane 2 to begin bowling. As we get set to see him bowl, let's go back to a highlight just a few. If you watch here, you'll see as Humphrey is preparing for his 10th frame, behind him is Scrappy,looking ever so confident about his chances.Licking his own chops.(Amongst other things he's licking on himself,show off.)

Let's go back to an interview done with Scrappy just after Humphrey's final round:

"I decide that since Pop was never there for me, that I should press on in my quest to become undisputed world bowling champ. Dad, you were never there for me, now suffer the consequences."

Harsh words from our challenger. Now down to lane 2.......

Bobby Humphrey
06-30-2003, 11:10 AM
i hope your power goes out!!

Capt. Dick
06-30-2003, 11:52 AM
lol

Scrap
06-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Man it's tough trying to play while at work.The nerve of some people trying to interruprt my bowling time.:D

Scrap
06-30-2003, 12:12 PM
Ladies and gentlemen we have a new champion. ScrappyDew has just posted a 4th round score of 193 to defeat Bobby Humphrey 681 to 592.

humphrey round 1 - 134, round 2 - 174, round 3 - 146, round 4 - 138 = 592
scrappy dew round 1 - 187 round 2 - 163, round 3 138 ,round 4-193 = 681

He has rocked the world of computer bowling. He he comes now.

Scrappy, how do you feel now that you are the champ?

" No one can beat me. I am the best there's ever been, or ever will be."

Any message for Bobby Humphrey?

"Not really.He wasn't there for me when I was a young struggling bowler, and that's why I felt the need to finish him off.He's nothing but a paper champion."

You mention you used to be a young struggling bowler.Any advice for others out there that may be watching?

"Yeah. Whatever you do, don't ever let anyone get you down by telling you that you'll never make it. Just stick to it, and one day you too can be a champion.Not while I'm still competing, but one day soon after I retire you will get your chance."

"Adriannnnnnnnnnnnn .......Adriannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!"

Bobby Humphrey
06-30-2003, 03:04 PM
reporter:

well its been 2 weeks since scrappydew did the impossible, and still there has been no humphrey sightings. its like when humphrey left that bowling hall after his defeat, he left the planet as well. where could he be.......

Scrap
06-30-2003, 03:21 PM
Reporter:
Well, it's been three weeks now since "THE BIG SHOWDOWN", and still no sighting of Humphrey. We caught up with the undisputed world champion computer bowler Scrappy Dew, to see what he had to say about this strange dissapearance:

"Am I on T.V.?Oh...... Hey Mom.It's me Scrappy. Dolphins rule."

But what about the dissapearance of Bobby Humphrey?

"Who's that?I am the best bowler there ever has been, or ever will be.Who was that again?"

Bobby Humphrey
07-01-2003, 01:26 AM
could it be?????? could it be?????? is bobby humphrey back???????

i guess not...

dean_siu
07-30-2003, 01:48 AM
Wahooo...I just was messing around with this game tonite and bowled a 257!!! Check it out....I'm on the high scores and all!!! Bring it on....I'll take on any finheaven member in online bowling!!! lol

Clumpy
07-30-2003, 03:24 AM
Make it real bowling and I'll take anyone on :D

Scrap
07-30-2003, 09:24 AM
It's been a while since I've trained. I must get back in shape, and then I, or Bobby "the legend" Humphrey will gladly take you on.

Bobby, are you up for it?

dean_siu
07-30-2003, 12:50 PM
Bring it on....I've mastered this game! Its now child's play to me! :D

dean_siu
07-31-2003, 10:11 PM
Scrappy...you better practice hard if you want a shot at me....check out the 268 on the leader board now!