PDA

View Full Version : Gray screen of doom??

Dubfire
03-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I recently bought an used copy of Gears of War for my 360. A friend of mined had let me borrow his while his 360 got fixed.

Sometimes when I insert the game to play it I get a gray screen with white writing and it says in 9 different languages -"To play this disc, please insert in an XBOX 360" or something to that matter. My friend seems to think it's specific to the hardware and not so much the game. It only happens once in a while and I can usually bypass it by ejecting and reinserting the game a couple times. When this error happens and I am on the dashboard, the 360 seems to think the disc is a DVD Movie because the option will be Play DVD rather than Play Game. :confused:

It's too late to take back to Gamestop. Didnt think there was a need for it as the game plays perfectly 90% of the time.

Anyone familiar with this mysterious gray screen?

Majpain
03-20-2007, 04:22 PM
I got that once. I just unplugged everything, inserted a new disc then place Gears back in.

brandon27
03-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Something similar to this happened to me when i bought a used copy of mlb 2k6 (biggest mistake ever 2k7 is good though) but i took the disc out and it was scratched bigtime.. and dirty... i took it back to EB... they told me to buy a cleaner for the drive on my box... which i refused to do... instead they just took back the game... gave me a different copy and it worked fine... im sure you may have already done so... but check the disc? clean it up? try it again..