PDA

View Full Version : Another Gears Thread - Hate to do this....

Dubfire
03-20-2007, 08:58 PM
but bear with me guys, I just got my 360 recently and a lot of the topics I bring up may be old news to many of you, but damnnit, who gives a ****!!

I'm a VIP and former Premie here!!

I just got done beating Gears of War on Casual. Yes I will try hardcore next and then the almost impossible Insane difficulty.

The action in the game was intense, visuals were jaw dropping and soundtrack amazing.

BUT..the game was very short. Especially Acts 3-5. Before I knew it, they were over and before I knew that, I was fighting the final boss who barely made me break a sweat.

I'm not disappointed because I knew this going in and I know most of the satisfaction will come on the higher difficulties but the last 2/3 of the game seem very rushed.

Anyone else agree?

VanDolPhan
03-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Generally games that are very very high on the graphics generally are. Especially when playing it in normal mode. Trust me you'll die enough in hardcore to keep extending that game time ;p Insane also isn't an exaggeration so much so that you better get a partner with you co-op.

Dubfire
03-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Did they really have to bring the exploding wretches back near the end? :lol:
More Boomers would have been better, IMO.

I'm not complaining though. I purposely tried to beat it as fast as I could so I could try the highest difficulty.

Judging by how well I did in Halo 2 on Legendary, it may not be much fun.

VanDolPhan
03-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Judging by how well I did in Halo 2 on Legendary, it may not be much fun.

I haven't gotten there yet cause I haven't had much time for gaming lately but I've heard opinion that it's even more nuts.

Majpain
03-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Boomers are a ***** on Insane. Also Meele attacks take out wretches. I would be playing Gears if I had Xbox live Gold.

Dubfire
03-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Boomers are fun as hell to fight though.

Majpain
03-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Boomers are fun as hell to fight though.

I hate something that takes more than 5 shotgun blast point blank to kill.

TheAnswer385
03-20-2007, 10:47 PM
but bear with me guys, I just got my 360 recently and a lot of the topics I bring up may be old news to many of you, but damnnit, who gives a ****!!

I'm a VIP and former Premie here!!

I just got done beating Gears of War on Casual. Yes I will try hardcore next and then the almost impossible Insane difficulty.

The action in the game was intense, visuals were jaw dropping and soundtrack amazing.

BUT..the game was very short. Especially Acts 3-5. Before I knew it, they were over and before I knew that, I was fighting the final boss who barely made me break a sweat.

I'm not disappointed because I knew this going in and I know most of the satisfaction will come on the higher difficulties but the last 2/3 of the game seem very rushed.

Anyone else agree?
Most def but the real game play is online :evil:

UltraDol-Fan
03-21-2007, 09:32 AM
I hate something that takes more than 5 shotgun blast point blank to kill.

agreed, or 4 headshots with the sniper.

Honestly though, Dub, if you had played the first time on a harder difficulty you would have had a 10-12 hour game. I looked for the COG tags too, I think I am missing 2 that I don't want to look for.

Dubfire
03-21-2007, 09:43 AM

Honestly though, Dub, if you had played the first time on a harder difficulty you would have had a 10-12 hour game. I looked for the COG tags too, I think I am missing 2 that I don't want to look for.

I'm going to start it on Hardcore today to try and find the 9 that I'm missing. There were quite a few times on Casual where it was not difficult at all. When I'm playing shooters, there's nothing more fun than the sweaty palms you get sometimes during intense battles and the satisfaction of defeating the enemy AI and getting past that particular part. While some of the fights in GoW were exciting and at times chaotic, I often found that if I took my time and calculated things, they were not difficult to beat.

I'm gonna have a hell of a time trying to find the other 9 on Hardcore. Had I been looking from the beginning, I'd probably have more than just 21.

I'm not going to venture online just yet until I find my specialty with a particular weapon. Played a few games on there as a Newbie to the game and got stomped pretty bad.:lol:

Majpain
03-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm going to start it on Hardcore today to try and find the 9 that I'm missing. There were quite a few times on Casual where it was not difficult at all. When I'm playing shooters, there's nothing more fun than the sweaty palms you get sometimes during intense battles and the satisfaction of defeating the enemy AI and getting past that particular part. While some of the fights in GoW were exciting and at times chaotic, I often found that if I took my time and calculated things, they were not difficult to beat.

I'm gonna have a hell of a time trying to find the other 9 on Hardcore. Had I been looking from the beginning, I'd probably have more than just 21.

I'm not going to venture online just yet until I find my specialty with a particular weapon. Played a few games on there as a Newbie to the game and got stomped pretty bad.:lol:

Goto the Gears forum on Xbox ive they show all 30 cog locations. Also just play player matches until you feel good enough to play. Almost everyone uses a shotty. I hope the Glitchers died down.

Majpain
03-21-2007, 03:14 PM

Yea it gets pretty bad at times. Lag is the worst the slightest lag throws your game off big time.

theghost
03-21-2007, 03:21 PM
I am still enjoying it

Dubfire
03-21-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm soon going to be the most hated man in this forum for continuing to talk about Gears, but I just started Hardcore mode tonight and have noticed that while the enemy AI is smarter and a lot more aggressive my squadmates have gotten increasingly dumber and die an awful lot. I find that if I dont flank the enemy effectively, my squad gets killed pretty quick and seem to be of no use at all. On casual they were pretty effective at flanking but not anymore. Can't imagine how much worse they can be on Insane.

Anyone currently going through the campaign on Insane either by yourself or in Co-op?

FinsNCanes
03-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Why don't I just pwn your face online in 2 weeks? :cooldude:

Dubfire
03-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Bring it chump!!

I'm ready for you.

Majpain
03-21-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm soon going to be the most hated man in this forum for continuing to talk about Gears, but I just started Hardcore mode tonight and have noticed that while the enemy AI is smarter and a lot more aggressive my squadmates have gotten increasingly dumber and die an awful lot. I find that if I dont flank the enemy effectively, my squad gets killed pretty quick and seem to be of no use at all. On casual they were pretty effective at flanking but not anymore. Can't imagine how much worse they can be on Insane.

Anyone currently going through the campaign on Insane either by yourself or in Co-op?

SP Hardcore/Insane would take waay to long. Especially since you take 3-4 shots you will be down.