PDA

View Full Version : Falcons will draft ahead of us this year!

TXFinFan
03-21-2007, 02:33 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6594578

The Falcons are on the verge of agreeing to trade quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans in exchange for a swapping of first-rounders this year, a second-round pick in this year's draft and a second-round pick in the 2008 draft.

How will this affect us?

(On a side note, the Texans got ROBBED!)

finforlife
03-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I think it assures us no chance of landing Laron Landry. vikings could select him but if they don't, no way Falcons let him go.

downfield
03-21-2007, 02:34 PM
presumably, the falcons want Laron Landry. That is my guess. That is a total screw job though, the Texans are fools for paying that much.

Vertical Limit
03-21-2007, 02:36 PM
I thought Kubiak would be a good head coach, now it seems like he's clueless.

Motion
03-21-2007, 02:43 PM
I thought Kubiak would be a good head coach, now it seems like he's clueless.

Was it his call though? Who is the GM they got to replace Casserly?

Nappy Roots
03-21-2007, 02:48 PM
what the hell is Houston thinking? giving up a 2nd for an unknown QB is questionable already. but 2, and then swapping firsts? wow

Motion
03-21-2007, 02:48 PM
what the hell is Houston thinking? giving up a 2nd for an unknown QB is questionable already. but 2, and then swapping firsts? wow

Yeah no kidding

Minnphin
03-21-2007, 02:52 PM

I think I read that Mike Sherman is Assistant Head Coach and GM. That's gotta be a pretty strange dynamic.

Motion
03-21-2007, 02:53 PM
I think I read that Mike Sherman is Assistant Head Coach and GM. That's gotta be a pretty strange dynamic.

Really? Wow, thats wierd.

Danny
03-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Well, it actually could help us....now Houston won't be able to take Quinn ahead of us shall he fall that far tho I don't think he will.About Laundry, I don't think we'd take him anyway unless there's just nobody that we like at all there...not saying we wouldn't wanna have a player like him but safety at 9 is not the best move for us right now.

Ozzy rules!!

dominizzo
03-21-2007, 02:54 PM
If Schaub Lights it up !! Kubiak Will look like a ZEEEnius

Motion
03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Well, it actually could help us....now Houston won't be able to take Quinn ahead of us shall he fall that far tho I don't think he will.About Laundry, I don't think we'd take him anyway unless there's just nobody that we like at all there...not saying we wouldn't wanna have a player like him but safety at 9 is not the best move for us right now.

Ozzy rules!!

:lol: I can't believe so many people call him that.

Minnphin
03-21-2007, 02:56 PM

Well, if you're a believer in the draft pick value chart, its roughly the equivalent of the 21st pick in the draft. I believe the theory is that a 2nd next year is equal to a third this year, so if you add the value of the Texans first, second and third round picks this year (1400+500+230) and subract the value of the Falcons pick (1300), you get 830 which comes out to the 20th or 21st pick. In that sense, its not that bad of a deal. Especially since there's a good chance that the Texans will get whoever they wanted at 8 at 10.

TXFinFan
03-21-2007, 03:09 PM

They got Rick Smith. He worked with Kubiak as a personnel guy for the Broncos.

PhinsRDbest
03-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Could the Falcons also be hoping that Adrian Peterson falls?

Motion
03-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Could the Falcons also be hoping that Adrian Peterson falls?

Highly doubtful, they have Dunn and just drafted Norwood a year or so ago.

Definitely think its either Landry or Brown for them.

Borat
03-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Highly doubtful, they have Dunn and just drafted Norwood a year or so ago.

Definitely think its either Landry or Brown for them.

Actually... I think Peterson is a HUGE possibility for them if he drops. I also wouldn't be surprised if they went after Willis the way his stock has been soaring.

RHoffman
03-21-2007, 07:11 PM
there are a number of players that would fit with the Falcons...don't assume over a month away from the draft that they are targeting Landry...if that's the case it would be stupid to make the trade this early when some other team could easily move ahead of them.

Phanatical
03-21-2007, 11:41 PM
This is great news. I don't think the Falcons will select Levi Brown or Brady Quinn if those guys are available at 8 like the Texans might have.