PDA

View Full Version : Close to Drafting Quinn

Chamber84
03-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Now that the Texans have traded for a quarterback the only other team that stands in our way of drafting Quinn is the Vikings. Should we trade for a draft pick two spots up to get in front of the Vikings?

TXFinFan
03-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Now that the Texans have traded for a quarterback the only other team that stands in our way of drafting Quinn is the Vikings. Should we trade for a draft pick two spots up to get in front of the Vikings?

Maybe the Falcons will take Quinn.

BillsFanInPeace
03-21-2007, 03:13 PM

Are you forgetting about Raiders and Cleveland?

finyank13
03-21-2007, 03:14 PM

Guy the Lions are gonna take him at number 2.................Quinn isnt making it to number 7..................

BillsFanInPeace
03-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Maybe the Falcons will take Quinn.
No I think they jumped in front of you for either a better position to move up for Johnson.

OR

They were scared you would take Landry before them so moved up to ensure that they get him

Transcendental
03-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Guy the Lions are gonna take him at number 2.................Quinn isnt making it to number 7..................

If I were Quinn, I would pull an Eli Manning on the Lions. If he goes there, it will destroy his career before it begins.

FINSFAN2781
03-21-2007, 03:22 PM
So lets pull a fast one on them and trade up to 6 or 7 spot ahead of Atlanta. Then we will draft Quinn, while they think we will take Landry. If they really want Landry, a move up like this for MIA will have to get them thinking that we really want Landry too, then maybe forcing ATL to make a move with us to switch spots and maybe land us another draft pick. So now we get Quinn and an extra draft pick.

TXFinFan
03-21-2007, 03:23 PM
No I think they jumped in front of you for either a better position to move up for Johnson.

OR

They were scared you would take Landry before them so moved up to ensure that they get him

You're probably right.

Motion
03-21-2007, 03:25 PM

OR

Or they want Levi Brown

Perfect23
03-21-2007, 03:34 PM
If I were Quinn, I would pull an Eli Manning on the Lions. If he goes there, it will destroy his career before it begins.

dosen't matter Quinn isn't going to be good in the NFL I guarntee it

IdahoPhin
03-21-2007, 03:39 PM

:yeahthat:

BigScuingili
03-21-2007, 04:03 PM
No way both Detroit and Cleveland, let alone Minny pass on Quinn. They are all in need of QB change, especially a young franchise QB.

YetanotherFan
03-21-2007, 04:24 PM
I like the guy as our #9 pick and that is it.

jlfin
03-21-2007, 04:26 PM

What kind of collateral are you offering to back up that guarantee? I think it's funny how some people can have such emphatic opinions about something as unpredictable as the future of a college football player entering the NFL draft.

Ozfin77
03-21-2007, 04:58 PM
What kind of collateral are you offering to back up that guarantee? I think it's funny how some people can have such emphatic opinions about something as unpredictable as the future of a college football player entering the NFL draft.

I agree....How can you be SO sure?

Regan21286
03-21-2007, 05:47 PM

We should provided Quinn falls past Detroit and Cleveland. I'm pretty sure the Dolphin FO has been looking into it as Jason Cole mentions below.

The Dolphins have had discussions with Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Trent Green about a trade and have worked on trying to move up in the first round with an eye on Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.

ASUFinFan
03-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I believe that we should trade up a few spots, but only if Quinn does indeed fall past Detroit and Cleveland. Then I believe we should jump at the chance of selecting him. But other then that I believe we stay where we are and draft ginn jr at 9. We need an explosive playmaker on offense and he would provide just that. Then after Ginn, we can select Stanton in the second and we can still have our qb of the future that Cam can groom. Then with the latter second and our third we select the top Olineman available.

Perfect23
03-21-2007, 06:05 PM

I guarnteed the same fate for Mario Williams and was I right so far ........

YUP

Danny
03-21-2007, 08:46 PM
We're not moving up...I'm hoping for Stanton at some point, either by moving down in the 1st or by moving up in the 2nd.

Ozzy rules!!

zach8111
03-21-2007, 08:50 PM
what is gonna keep him from being a good QB?? how do you Guarentee his isnt gonna be good? you cant guarentee that?

Phanatical
03-21-2007, 08:51 PM

OK, that's one team. What about the Lions, Redskins, Vikings and Texans? Any one of those teams could pull the trigger on Quinn. The only teams that most likely won't are the Raiders (Russell), the Browns, the Bucs, and the Cards.

IluvJuMiami
03-21-2007, 08:54 PM

Not so fast. If Johnson goes 1, Detroit will take Russell over Quinn because neither would be a starter next year anyways. Kitna is coming off a good year so Detroit doesn't need to draft the ready-to-start QB. They can take the QB that has the better physical talent.

I do agree that Detroit's greatest need is a QB and they would be stupid to bypass either of them. Then again, what's Matt Millen's middle name?

zach8111
03-21-2007, 08:57 PM
OK, that's one team. What about the Lions, Redskins, Vikings and Texans? Any one of those teams could pull the trigger on Quinn. The only teams that most likely won't are the Raiders (Russell), the Browns, the Bucs, and the Cards.
you can take the texans off that list cuz they pick #10 cuz of their trade with falcons. the only two teams i am worried about is det, and minn, because wash said campbell is there guy for the future and even minn said that too about jackson. detroit also has too much money in kitna, and gave up too much just to bench him, to draft another QB.

MrEd
03-21-2007, 11:29 PM

No. We should just draft Tedd Ginn Jr

MrEd
03-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Russell will go to OAK. Quinn will go to either DET or CLE.

Myles Fynch
03-22-2007, 01:58 AM

OR

I agree with the first part more than the 2nd. Sure, move up now if you want to be closer to getting Johnson. No harm in that. But if they wanted Landry and thought that if they traded one spot in front of Miami a month before the draft that that was going to be enough... well, it depends on how much Miami might like Landry, I guess, but it really doesn't assure them of anything except paying a two slot increase come contract time.

zach8111
03-22-2007, 02:07 AM
I agree with the first part more than the 2nd. Sure, move up now if you want to be closer to getting Johnson. No harm in that. But if they wanted Landry and thought that if they traded one spot in front of Miami a month before the draft that that was going to be enough... well, it depends on how much Miami might like Landry, I guess, but it really doesn't assure them of anything except paying a two slot increase come contract time.
yes but they know if miami is gonna trade up it will be for a QB or maybe Johnson not landry