PDA

View Full Version : Well kiss laron landry goodbye

Oraclepz
03-21-2007, 06:18 PM
damn texans screwed us off a possible good choice at a great player... so what are you guys thinking about the draft now?:tantrum:

Perfect23
03-21-2007, 06:21 PM
That who I wanted now I guess I want levi jones

miami234ever
03-21-2007, 06:32 PM
We should trade down and take Ginn or Hall.

dominizzo
03-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Say No to brown levi

Tar Phin
03-21-2007, 06:39 PM

Why, so Porter could whip him daily in practice? :wink:

finfan54
03-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Say no to Ginn. Too many other good prospects and Ginn is accident waiting to happen. Levi Brown is a good LT. Scratch the crap that spreads through this website.

finfan54
03-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Why, so Porter could whip him daily in practice? :wink:

I got news for you, Porter or JT could whip most tackles in the league, so why the comparison.

Joe Thomas is not all world like everyone has locked into their sheeplike minds.

Tar Phin
03-21-2007, 06:45 PM
I got news for you, Porter or JT could whip most tackles in the league, so why the comparison.

Joe Thomas is not all world like everyone has locked into their sheeplike minds.

I think you missed the point.

He said "levi jones", not levi brown.

arsenal
03-21-2007, 06:47 PM

exactly watch game tapes... and make your own decisions, thats why ted ginn is a great choice... dont just hate on prospects because you read they have bad hands or something dumb... watch the tapes yourself...

retarmyfinfan
03-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Say No to brown levi

Say no to Ginn, too.

BLITZKRIEG
03-21-2007, 07:05 PM
:bye:

PHINZ RULE!!!

RHoffman
03-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Miami probably wasn't going to draft Landry anyhow...and there is no guarantee he is going to the Falcons either...There are plenty of other great fits for Atlanta other than Landry...they aren't exactly a good team either.

Just relax and let it unfold...and prepare for complaining by a segment of fans no matter who the draft pick is...

I don't want levi brown or carriker but I'll at least wait till they make the pick before going off.

maverick50
03-21-2007, 07:12 PM
get olsen or jarrett and stop messing around then get olinemen and a rb and then we ll have insurance.:fire:

DonShula84
03-21-2007, 07:23 PM
get olsen or jarrett and stop messing around then get olinemen and a rb and then we ll have insurance.:fire:

Horrible suggestion.

Danny
03-21-2007, 08:38 PM
I still think that if Ginn is healthy Miami will take him but if he's not we'll take Branch if he's still there and I never felt we'd take Laundry anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

Phanatical
03-21-2007, 08:41 PM

???? You mean Levi Brown? I would agree with that pick if he's still on the board at 9. Otherwise there are really a lot of ways we could go with Quinn, Okoye, Adams, Anderson, Hall, Kalil, Staley, etc. It really depends whose on the board when we pick. I would personally think we would go after LT or QB if the right pick was available.

IluvJuMiami
03-21-2007, 08:44 PM
damn texans screwed us off a possible good choice at a great player... so what are you guys thinking about the draft now?:tantrum:

I'm sure Mueller is beating down a wall somewhere in Davie because he won't be able to make our defense any better than it already is(was the sarcasm subtle or over the top?).

SR 7
03-21-2007, 09:34 PM
exactly watch game tapes... and make your own decisions, thats why ted ginn is a great choice... dont just hate on prospects because you read they have bad hands or something dumb... watch the tapes yourself...

exactly. He says dont listen about the crap on this board regarding levi brown but he puts that carp himself regarding Ginn lmaooo waht a hypo.

phinsfan1221
03-21-2007, 09:48 PM
dont be surprized to see atlanta try to trade up for johnson now that they have 2 early 2nd rd picks and have an extra 2008 2nd rd pick all from the the trade today

zach8111
03-21-2007, 09:48 PM
WE NEED OFFENSE FIRST ROUND. our defense is good for now. maybe some later picks but our offense isnt good enough to win and make it to the playoffs

Jaj
03-21-2007, 09:58 PM
WE NEED OFFENSE FIRST ROUND. our defense is good for now. maybe some later picks but our offense isnt good enough to win and make it to the playoffs

Are you a clone of every other poster on this board.

Do you realize that defense may be the best value on the board and that instead of picking a future Pro Bowler we may be picking an average player on offense?

Paul 13
03-21-2007, 10:17 PM
too early to suggest that Atlanta is going to take Landry, what this does for them is give them more ammo to move up even higher and take Johnson or Thomas. A little bit of good news for those who are praying Quinn falls to us at 9, because there is no way the Falcons take him (Houston might have). Although, I don't see Quinn lasting past the 3rd pick (whoever ends up selecting 3rd). Lets keep in mind that Atlanta moving up two picks was not the primary reason for trading Schaub, those 2 2nd round picks are worth much more.

utahphinsfan
03-21-2007, 11:16 PM

I read somewhere (on this site I believe) that Ginn still had not recovered from his sprain that happened during the BCS title game.

I have had suffered numerous sprained ankles and knees over the years. It took me 6 weeks to recover from the most severe. I'm no nowhere near (then or now) the athlete or in the same shape as Ginn.

Yet, here we are almost 3 months later & TG still hasn't recovered. Doesn't that strike anyone but me as odd? Then again, maybe he has been rehabbing w/ Daunte.

I suppose I should be thankful that this isn't another Brady Quinn mancrush thread. :D

MrEd
03-21-2007, 11:34 PM

Tedd Ginn Jr!!!

LouPhinFan
03-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Just relax everyone, we're going to get someone good with the 9th pick. Mueller knows how to draft. He's not going to take someone unless they're worth the pick. There will be plenty of options including trading down. We're going to take the best player regardless what side of the ball they play on. We don't "have to" go with an offensive player with our 1st round pick. Despite what many people think on this board, taking an offensive lineman in the first round isn't going to gurantee our line will be better next year. I trust the Dolphins brass to make the right call.

LouPhinFan
03-21-2007, 11:36 PM
???? You mean Levi Brown? I would agree with that pick if he's still on the board at 9. Otherwise there are really a lot of ways we could go with Quinn, Okoye, Adams, Anderson, Hall, Kalil, Staley, etc. It really depends whose on the board when we pick. I would personally think we would go after LT or QB if the right pick was available.

From all the info I have seen or heard, Kalil, Staley, and maybe even Hall are not worth the 9th pick.

arsenal
03-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I read somewhere (on this site I believe) that Ginn still had not recovered from his sprain that happened during the BCS title game.

I have had suffered numerous sprained ankles and knees over the years. It took me 6 weeks to recover from the most severe. I'm no nowhere near (then or now) the athlete or in the same shape as Ginn.

Yet, here we are almost 3 months later & TG still hasn't recovered. Doesn't that strike anyone but me as odd? Then again, maybe he has been rehabbing w/ Daunte.

I suppose I should be thankful that this isn't another Brady Quinn mancrush thread. :D

well we dont know the extent of it... all we are hearing is hearsay on his injury really... who knows how severe it is or how recovered he currently is... maybe he can run now fine but he doesn't want to until its 110% because how he runs a 40 can cost him lots of money... and if hes 90% he could play football, but maybe he doesn't want to do a 40 where .05 of a second can be a big difference in where hes drafted...

Minibull
03-22-2007, 10:49 AM
dont be surprized to see atlanta try to trade up for johnson now that they have 2 early 2nd rd picks and have an extra 2008 2nd rd pick all from the the trade today

:yeahthat:

I think this is what Atlanta is doing. It makes too much sense - they need a #1 WR and he played in Atlanta....

zach8111
03-22-2007, 10:59 AM
:yeahthat:

I think this is what Atlanta is doing. It makes too much sense - they need a #1 WR and he played in Atlanta....
atlanta already has a number 1 WR in horn and miami has 2 2rd picks this year so whats not to say that miami will trade up for him cuz we need a WR, chambers isnt cutting it. johnson would really help culpepper out and we could still get a desen QB in the 2-3 round.

RHoffman
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
everybody needs to relax...the draft still has a month before it plays out...
Adam Shefter's contention that Atlanta leapfrogged Miami so that it could take Brown or Landry is still just speculation and probably ridiculous at this point...

Miami has plenty of ammo to trade up if they want to and I agree that at 9 they are still going to get a good prospect...maybe not the one you or I desire but a good one none the less.

Boone
03-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Are you a clone of every other poster on this board.

Do you realize that defense may be the best value on the board and that instead of picking a future Pro Bowler we may be picking an average player on offense?
Finally! A voice of reason! :clap:

If Landry is gone...draft Amobi Okoye!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

PogiRo
03-22-2007, 02:34 PM
atlanta already has a number 1 WR in horn and miami has 2 2rd picks this year so whats not to say that miami will trade up for him cuz we need a WR, chambers isnt cutting it. johnson would really help culpepper out and we could still get a desen QB in the 2-3 round.

So if given the opportunity, Atlanta wouldn't trade up to get Calvin Johnson because they have Joe Horn?!?!? Booooooo, hehe, sorry. Atlanta should absolutely do everything reasonable to get Johnson. He really can save Vick's career and thus the entire organization. They have more ammo to offer than the Phins and more motive to do so. We're not getting Calvin Johnson, nor should we.

Agent51
03-22-2007, 02:45 PM

I'm thinking Quinn better fall to us or we trade down I guess. I'm still not a huge fan of OT in round one, so I'm not going to say take one of them there. So my vote is move up for Quinn (assuming the cost isn't too high), wait for Quinn to fall to us, or trade down for more picks and maybe get a guy like Chris Houston and a bunch of extra picks depending on how far back we go.

zach8111
03-22-2007, 02:49 PM
So if given the opportunity, Atlanta wouldn't trade up to get Calvin Johnson because they have Joe Horn?!?!? Booooooo, hehe, sorry. Atlanta should absolutely do everything reasonable to get Johnson. He really can save Vick's career and thus the entire organization. They have more ammo to offer than the Phins and more motive to do so. We're not getting Calvin Johnson, nor should we.
but they have alot bigger needs than a WR now. they neeed to use there picks they just got to build a better line so vick doesnt have to sramble around and actually has time to throw it and he might just be a little accurate and maybe pick up a wr later in rounds. i just dont see them going after him. they have high interest in landry. i believe if minn or wash doesnt take him then the falcons will take him.