PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins | Team could consider Ginn Jr. with ninth pick

FinAtic8480
03-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Dolphins | Team could consider Ginn Jr. with ninth pick
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:50:42 -0700
Jeff Darlington, reporting for the Sporting News, reports with the No. 9 overall pick, the Miami Dolphins are likely to give serious consideration to Ohio State WR Ted Ginn Jr. (http://www.kffl.com/player/14946/nfl), arguably the fastest player in the draft. General manager Randy Mueller (http://www.kffl.com/player/16237/nfl) has a strong affection for fast players.

Frayser
03-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Jeff Darlington, reporting for the Sporting News, reports with the No. 9 overall pick, the Miami Dolphins are likely to give serious consideration to Ohio State WR Ted Ginn Jr. (http://www.kffl.com/player/14946/nfl), arguably the fastest player in the draft. General manager Randy Mueller (http://www.kffl.com/player/16237/nfl) has a strong affection for fast players.

I wonder if this was influenced by Boomer's thread.

Sean
03-21-2007, 10:08 PM

Wouldn't mind it, but why draft a KR/PR with the 9th pick, it makes no sense. You just don't come into the draft and get drafted in the top 10 while just being a KR/PR. Maybe top 15.

SR 7
03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Wouldn't mind it, but why draft a KR/PR with the 9th pick, it makes no sense. You just don't come into the draft and get drafted in the top 10 while just being a KR/PR. Maybe top 15.

oo ur right he isnt' a WR.

Jaj
03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
I wonder if Jeff Darlington is talking to two year olds. Randy Meuller has picked two WRs with blazing speed, I'd hesitate to say that if two players are being considered he'd pick a guy with excellent speed over another with very good speed.

Joey Galloway over Stokes, that's obvious.

Donte Stallworth over Ashley Lelie, umm they ran 4.25s, the both of them.

Danny
03-21-2007, 10:10 PM
If he's healthy then he could be the pick at 9...if he's not then Branch imo could be the pick if he's there and if not then we could move down....we could even move down twice into the 20's and take Stanton plus get 2 or 3 extra picks on day one....I'd be fine with that.

Ozzy rules!!

SR 7
03-21-2007, 10:10 PM
I wonder if this was influenced by Boomer's thread.

dindt see that...its regarding ginn or whT?

miamiron
03-21-2007, 10:18 PM
I hope we dont go another 15 pages of posts to say what has been said

Dolphin39
03-21-2007, 10:18 PM
I hope not; I don't want Ginn at #9. :(

Geforce
03-21-2007, 10:20 PM

It's titled Ted Ginn, Jr
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=187697

Kdawg954
03-21-2007, 10:21 PM

U really believe that he isn't a WR? U can throw this kid at flanker or in the slot and his speed demands respect. I wouldn't mind Ginn at 9 at all. If he was healthy . . . he would have run the fastest 40 and would have been a lock top 10. I would love to trade down and pick him up, but hey . . . he solves 3 issues for us right away. Speed WR/flanker, KR and PR. Lets do it.

Frayser
03-21-2007, 10:21 PM

Haha. I'm hoping that's a joke 7. I had nightmares of sorting through page numbers of that thread last night.

Geforce
03-21-2007, 10:22 PM

What makes you think he's just a KR/PR?

I bet Leon Hall would argue with you on that, especially after Ginn, Jr ran past him for that TD pass in the 4th quarter.

Frayser
03-21-2007, 10:23 PM
U really believe that he isn't a WR? U can throw this kid at flanker or in the slot and his speed demands respect. I wouldn't mind Ginn at 9 at all. If he was healthy . . . he would have run the fastest 40 and would have been a lock top 10. I would love to trade down and pick him up, but hey . . . he solves 3 issues for us right away. Speed WR/flanker, KR and PR. Lets do it.

Gotta have more than speed. Lots of ex 4.2 WRs out there who never did anything. Not saying Ginn Jr. will be like that, but you have to give a better reason than that.

Like the Bayern logo there though. Arsenal fan here. Trying to understand how our season went down the toilet in the span of about 12 days.

Kdawg954
03-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Gotta have more than speed. Lots of ex 4.2 WRs out there who never did anything. Not saying Ginn Jr. will be like that, but you have to give a better reason than that.

Like the Bayern logo there though. Arsenal fan here. Trying to understand how our season went down the toilet in the span of about 12 days.

No Henry . . . u guys had nobody that could put the ball in the net. If he was healthy, u guys would have moved on. I actually put money on Arsenal to win the champions league (12-1) . . . needless to say I was pretty pissed when they lost.

Also, there isn't ALOT of 4.2 guys out there . . .and I GUARANTEE that none of them had the long term speed Ginn has . . . the only reason this kid doesn't run the 40 faster is because u can only improve so much over such a short distance. Put Ginn in the 100 and see what those "other" 4.2 guys do. He has been a special athlete since high school, his father is one of the top high school coaches in the country and he has proved his value at a top program. He is the real deal . . . and he still has room to improve. He is worth the pick.

Frayser
03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
No Henry . . . u guys had nobody that could put the ball in the net. If he was healthy, u guys would have moved on. I actually put money on Arsenal to win the champions league (12-1) . . . needless to say I was pretty pissed when they lost.

Also, there isn't ALOT of 4.2 guys out there . . .and I GUARANTEE that none of them had the long term speed Ginn has . . . the only reason this kid doesn't run the 40 faster is because u can only improve so much over such a short distance. Put Ginn in the 100 and see what those "other" 4.2 guys do. He has been a special athlete since high school, his father is one of the top high school coaches in the country and he has proved his value at a top program. He is the real deal . . . and he still has room to improve. He is worth the pick.

Yeah, and losing Van Persie (who was actually having a better season than Henry) killed us. Baptista and Alidiare were just not that scary up front. But I think the future is bright. Rough season all around. Also lost Ljundberg and Hleb for a while. If there was a highlight, it was perhaps the young guys taking it to Chelsea in the first half of the Carling Cup final . . . with Walcott finally picking up his first goal.

I don't mind Ginn Jr. I just hope we can trade down before taking him. In the Fox Sports mock I just posted, he is listed at #32. I just hate to think we could pick up an additional pick or two and still end up with the same guy . . . especially in this draft.

Kdawg954
03-21-2007, 11:05 PM
I don't mind Ginn Jr. I just hope we can trade down before taking him. In the Fox Sports mock I just posted, he is listed at #32. I just hate to think we could pick up an additional pick or two and still end up with the same guy . . . especially in this draft.

I tell u what, he will never make it to 32 . . . if he were to get in the 20's . . . u would have somebody move up long before he made it to 30, let alone 32. Hell I could see Miami trading both 2nd rounders for him. I agree tho, I personally don't wanna take him at 9 . . . but think about it? Value? lets take the guy who is gonna best help this team. Thats not Okoye, thats not Branch . . . the only person other than Ginn would be Levi Brown . . and people think he is a reach at 9 also . . . I mean as long as we are getting a guy that can perform right away, who cares about the politics of what a players value is. LT was the 6th overall pick when he was drafted . . . people passed on him because some felt his value didn't merit a high spot at the time . . . I know those 5 teams (especially ATL, tho they got Vick) feel silly now.

Frayser
03-21-2007, 11:22 PM
I tell u what, he will never make it to 32 . . . if he were to get in the 20's . . . u would have somebody move up long before he made it to 30, let alone 32. Hell I could see Miami trading both 2nd rounders for him. I agree tho, I personally don't wanna take him at 9 . . . but think about it? Value? lets take the guy who is gonna best help this team. Thats not Okoye, thats not Branch . . . the only person other than Ginn would be Levi Brown . . and people think he is a reach at 9 also . . . I mean as long as we are getting a guy that can perform right away, who cares about the politics of what a players value is. LT was the 6th overall pick when he was drafted . . . people passed on him because some felt his value didn't merit a high spot at the time . . . I know those 5 teams (especially ATL, tho they got Vick) feel silly now.

I am one of those people that thinks a top notch safety or cornerback could provide just as much value. Leon Hall or Darrelle Revis would really help us out.

SR 7
03-21-2007, 11:23 PM
It's titled Ted Ginn, Jr
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=187697

ya read it, great write up.

SR 7
03-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Haha. I'm hoping that's a joke 7. I had nightmares of sorting through page numbers of that thread last night.

ya i read it i get never noticed it it was a great write up but u lost me at sortinrg through the pages loll

SR 7
03-21-2007, 11:26 PM
a flanker is the Seam/deep route right?

Frayser
03-21-2007, 11:28 PM
ya i read it i get never noticed it it was a great write up but u lost me at sortinrg through the pages loll

I would read some in the morning, then go to work, and then try to find my place that evening. It was tough because the posting was going so nuts. Kept asking myself "was I at page 17 or 18?"

Regan21286
03-21-2007, 11:34 PM

Thing is, they need to stay fast. Main thing about Ginn is whether he can return to full form after that injury. A speedster's useless if he can't use his speed.

miamiron
03-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Please explain to me why in 37 games Ginn was thrown to ONLY 6 TIMES WHILE IN THE RED ZONE AS PER NFL.COM.

I think being such a playmaker and having such amazing abilities that he would have been THROWN to more than 6 TIMES in 37 games while in the red zone.

Is it because of his hands?
Is his lack of route running ability?
Is it his lack of being able to get high and just use strength to wrestle the ball away?
Is his speed more of a problem in the red zone?

Please,I respect all opinions whether you love Ginn or are luke warm to his becomming a Dolphin I just would like to know "WHY"
because in my mind this is a major problem just dont know what the reasoning for ignoring him in the red zone!!

Phanatical
03-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Merge!!!!!

Phanatical
03-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Please explain to me why in 37 games Ginn was thrown to ONLY 6 TIMES WHILE IN THE RED ZONE AS PER NFL.COM.

I think being such a playmaker and having such amazing abilities that he would have been THROWN to more than 6 TIMES in 37 games while in the red zone.

Is it because of his hands?
Is his lack of route running ability?
Is it his lack of being able to get high and just use strength to wrestle the ball away?
Is his speed more of a problem in the red zone?

Please,I respect all opinions whether you love Ginn or are luke warm to his becomming a Dolphin I just would like to know "WHY"
because in my mind this is a major problem just dont know what the reasoning for ignoring him in the red zone!!

That's why I believe Higgins, who can also return kicks and has scored 32 TD's over the last three seasons, is a better value pick that will likely be available at #60.

GO PHINS~!

miamiron
03-22-2007, 12:05 AM
That's why I believe Higgins, who can also return kicks and has scored 32 TD's over the last three seasons, is a better value pick that will likely be available at #60.

GO PHINS~!
I agree with you 100% and would love to get Higgins at #60.

I love your number 1 pick,#2a,#2b,both 6s could be steals of the draft

I would see Brian Robinson either at 3 or 4
Maybe a Manny Rameriz at the 4th
Maybe Ryan Kalil if available at #2
Maybe draft our QB next year and get all the pieces to the puzzle this year!

To many good players and not enough draft picks