PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill - Final Fantasy XIII going to 360?

mor911
03-21-2007, 11:47 PM
hhhmmmmmmmmm... It is a RUMOR. But I thought it was interesting.

Speaking in an interview in French newspaper Dernières Nouvelles d'Alsace, SCEE Vice President Georges Fornay said the following: "Enfin, pour Final Fantasy XIII, je peux vous dire que l'exclusivité est en discussion."

Google Translate and Kotaku both translate that as: "Lastly, for Final Fantasy XIII, I can say to you that exclusiveness is under discussion." Now that's not a nice thing to say, especially since talk about Devil May Cry 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4's chances of showing up for Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is still rampant.http://xbox360.qj.net/Rumour-FFXIII-exclusivity-also-in-contention-/pg/49/aid/86955

Scatman
03-22-2007, 12:20 AM
damn, my poor little ps3.... cmon sony.... time to put your hands up and fight back.

Stitches
03-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Wow, I would absolutely love to see XIII and XIII-versus on my 360. It'd save me from having to buy a PS3.

Deus Ex Dolphin
03-22-2007, 01:19 AM
If the DMC news was bad for Sony fans, it won't get better anytime soon, IMHO. :D

Why is Sony just sitting back and letting all this happen? Are they really that cash-strapped they can't pay for a few exclusives? Actually, given the losses on the PS3, the loans they've taken out, they might be.

Phin-o-rama
03-22-2007, 08:40 AM
id **** myself if final fantasy came to 360....

Enforcerfin33
03-22-2007, 08:41 AM
I've heard quite a few titles arent going to be released on the PS3. Alot of software companies have been shying away from Sony's new system.

Motion
03-22-2007, 08:51 AM
I couldn't careless about DMC or even FF, but if MGS goes cross platform, especially at launch, that would be a huge blow.

By the time its all said and done there will probably only be a handful of exclusives for each.

360 - Forza, Halo

PS3 - Gran Turismo, Socom, God of War

mor911
03-22-2007, 08:55 AM
If Miscrosoft does end up buying Bioware, then Mass Effect will be 1st party too.

theghost
03-22-2007, 08:57 AM
I hope so, but i haven't ruled out getting a PS3 in the future

mor911
03-22-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm getting a PS3 regardless... Every week I'm supposed to get one, and something comes up. Silly girlfriend.

Enforcerfin33
03-22-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm getting a PS3 regardless... Every week I'm supposed to get one, and something comes up. Silly girlfriend.
yeh they always get in the way...if it wasn't for that sex thing......

Phin-o-rama
03-22-2007, 09:00 AM
I couldn't careless about DMC or even FF, but if MGS goes cross platform, especially at launch, that would be a huge blow.

whoa lets not get crazy....DMC4 was a blow to ps3....along with vf5 and gh2.....final fantasy??? thats would be the biggest blow there is....maybe to you personally mgs means more, but FF???? no no...that would be a huge blow no doubt about it.

http://www.360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=352

Hironobu Sakaguchi believes Xbox 360 release could lead to continued success for the franchise

We've all been waiting patiently for an announcement of a European release of Blue Dragon. Whilst we're none the wiser on that subject bar a speculative estimate of Christmas, Hironobu Sakaguchi has thrown his oar into the Final Fantasy debate.

Last years Square Enix conference at E3 was a complete tease when it came to Final Fantasy, with each trailer showing the game and inserting a pause just before announcing its home format. Each time the words PlayStation 3 appeared, the Japanese press went wild. The English speaking world, however, were a little disappointed. It seems the creator of the only game to seriously shift Xbox 360's in Japan so far has leant his voice to the debate recently in an interview with gamespot.

"I feel that the Final Fantasy series should come to Xbox 360 as well. This is wise. It makes so much sense to me...it has so much potential in North America and in Europe. So there's a great chance for the series to succeed on 360 as well."

Having created the series originally, we don't take Sakaguchi-san's words lightly, and hopefully, neither do Sqaure Enix. With more good news, he let slip that the 'White Engine' upon which Final Fantasy XIII is built is an open platform engine. While it sounds technical, all this means is the engine runs independent of the hardware, making a port to the Xbox 360 and easy job, and something we'll be praying for at every given opportunity.

Motion
03-22-2007, 09:17 AM
whoa lets not get crazy....DMC4 was a blow to ps3....along with vf5 and gh2.....final fantasy??? thats would be the biggest blow there is....maybe to you personally mgs means more, but FF???? no no...that would be a huge blow no doubt about it.

Nothing crazy about it, thats my opinion. I'm not saying thats the standard opinion, just mine.

Phin-o-rama
03-22-2007, 09:22 AM
ah i see...phew

mor911
03-22-2007, 09:23 AM
On a global scale, I'd have to agree with Phin that FF is a much bigger series than MGS.

Motion
03-22-2007, 09:38 AM
On a global scale, I'd have to agree with Phin that FF is a much bigger series than MGS.

I would agree with that too. Maybe, I should have worded my original post different. :goof:

Scatman
03-22-2007, 10:26 AM
dont forget all the namco stuff i.e, tekken and capcom stuff that was supposed to be coming exclusive for ps3, will now be cross platform.

definetly ff will be the biggest blow of them all, mostly cause of the boost ms will get from it...... no doubt its huge.

now they look like there gonna loose gta if ms takes them..... wooooo. this is kinda sucking.

Dolfan5000
03-22-2007, 11:22 AM
d00d when you do get it hit me up on Resistance (if you get that)

Dolfan5000
03-22-2007, 11:23 AM
dont forget all the namco stuff i.e, tekken and capcom stuff that was supposed to be coming exclusive for ps3, will now be cross platform.

definetly ff will be the biggest blow of them all, mostly cause of the boost ms will get from it...... no doubt its huge.

now they look like there gonna loose gta if ms takes them..... wooooo. this is kinda sucking.
Why would Tekken be cross platform because of DMC?... And this is all rumors and speculation at the moment anyway.

Mike13
03-22-2007, 11:28 AM
If they make the FF series and MGS series Xbox exclusives, that would royally **** Sony.

theghost
03-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Why would Tekken be cross platform because of DMC?... And this is all rumors and speculation at the moment anyway.

DMC has been confirmed as being on 360.

Dolfan5000
03-22-2007, 11:37 AM
DMC has been confirmed as being on 360.
I meant the Final Fantasy thing. But seriously, why would Tekken go to 360 because of DMC?

Dolfan5000
03-22-2007, 11:38 AM
If they make the FF series and MGS series Xbox exclusives, that would royally **** Sony.
They haven't even made either multi-platform yet.

mor911
03-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Well... I've never EVER seen Final Fantasy make a console switch... or even be a cross platform title. This would be a first for Square.

Metal Gear Solid 2 was on PS2 and Xbox, so Konami has done it with the series. Granted, it came out much later on Xbox than the initial launch... AND they did plan (originally) to port MGS3 to Xbox also. But Kojima decided to direct his attention to MGS4 instead of porting 3.

I'd think that there's a better chance that MGS is cross platform than FF.

Medieval954
03-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Well... I've never EVER seen Final Fantasy make a console switch... or even be a cross platform title. This would be a first for Square.

Metal Gear Solid 2 was on PS2 and Xbox, so Konami has done it with the series. Granted, it came out much later on Xbox than the initial launch... AND they did plan (originally) to port MGS3 to Xbox also. But Kojima decided to direct his attention to MGS4 instead of porting 3.

I'd think that there's a better chance that MGS is cross platform than FF.

The first 6 Final Fantasy games were on Nintendo systems.

Also, it's inevitable that Metal Gear Solid 4 will be an Xbox 360 title.

Dolfan984
03-22-2007, 07:08 PM
The only reason I'd get a PS3 is because it would have final fantasy. If it comes out for the 360....I'm going to get a 360 and not a PS3.

FF > All

mor911
03-22-2007, 09:46 PM
The first 6 Final Fantasy games were on Nintendo systems.

Also, it's inevitable that Metal Gear Solid 4 will be an Xbox 360 title.
I know, and they never ended up on the Genesis. I guess if you count re-releases on PS1, then yes... They're multiplatform. But during a game's life cycle, Square dosn't really release on muliple platforms.

Medieval954
03-22-2007, 10:19 PM
I know, and they never ended up on the Genesis. I guess if you count re-releases on PS1, then yes... They're multiplatform. But during a game's life cycle, Square dosn't really release on muliple platforms.

Oh, ok, gotcha. I misinterpreted what you were saying.

I do think Sony will be able to hang on to Final Fantasy XIII exclusivity.

Scatman
03-22-2007, 11:02 PM

i forgot where but namco's pretty much said it...... look at ridge racer...which is normally a ps exclusive

Dol-Fan Dupree
03-22-2007, 11:13 PM
This would change my paradigm since one of the main reasons for PS3 minus the other ones like blu ray and thinking it is more future proof was Final Fantasy XIII. The only reason I bought a ps1 was Final Fantasy VII. Main reason I bought PS2 was Final Fantasy X (thank god for all of the really really awesome games and I probably would of bought one in the future since I do have an Xbox).

Sony should of bought up Square when it had the chance.

FinSinceBirth
03-22-2007, 11:17 PM

Nintendo selling the rights to Sony is probably one of the biggest mistakes they ever made. But however, pretty good for the franchise, because Sony had the technology and capability to make the series better. If Nintendo was still doing FF it wouldn't be as good.

bullseyeguy
03-22-2007, 11:47 PM
This would change my paradigm since one of the main reasons for PS3 minus the other ones like blu ray and thinking it is more future proof was Final Fantasy XIII. The only reason I bought a ps1 was Final Fantasy VII. Main reason I bought PS2 was Final Fantasy X (thank god for all of the really really awesome games and I probably would of bought one in the future since I do have an Xbox).

Sony should of bought up Square when it had the chance.My thought exactly...When FF13 comes out, I will buy the game and the console it is compatible with....Final Fantasy is the best game series EVER....

Dolfan984
03-23-2007, 05:30 AM
My thought exactly...When FF13 comes out, I will buy the game and the console it is compatible with....Final Fantasy is the best game series EVER....

It's pretty much not even close.

Motion
03-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Wow, lots of FF fans in here huh. I could never get into it, although to be honest I probably didn't give it a fair shot. Might have to look into that.