PDA

View Full Version : New nfldraftcountdown.com mock 3/22

23RB23
03-22-2007, 08:59 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

The new 3 round mock has us taking Branch, Ugoh, Stanton and WR Allison for our first four picks. I'm not too sure if taking a DT with our 9 pick is a smart move. We have the Wright brothers that should be contributing this year and both of them are still really young. I like our second round picks although I'm not sure if either of them would last to 40 and 60. And to be honest I've never even heard of this WR so I can't comment. What does everybody think?

rogue13
03-22-2007, 09:47 AM

The new 3 round mock has us taking Branch, Ugoh, Stanton and WR Allison for our first four picks. I'm not too sure if taking a DT with our 9 pick is a smart move. We have the Wright brothers that should be contributing this year and both of them are still really young. I like our second round picks although I'm not sure if either of them would last to 40 and 60. And to be honest I've never even heard of this WR so I can't comment. What does everybody think?

allison is out of Eastern Carolina. he did pretty well at the senior bowl IIRC and was said to be a sleeper by some "experts." i think he could be a solid addition and would not be upset at picking him there at all.

i agree with you. i like all those picks except possibly branch. however, if he can come in an play right away, then he might be worth it considering the wright boys are both ? at this point.

Danny
03-22-2007, 10:21 AM
The Wright guys are DT and Rod is even a DE but neither is a real NT and therefor Branch could be the pick at 9....he can come in and play right away rotating with Traylor who should only get about 15 to 20 snaps a game.....I doubt Stanton last to 60....might not even last to 40.

Ozzy rules!!

SR 7
03-22-2007, 10:33 AM
The Wright guys are DT and Rod is even a DE but neither is a real NT and therefor Branch could be the pick at 9....he can come in and play right away rotating with Traylor who should only get about 15 to 20 snaps a game.....I doubt Stanton last to 60....might not even last to 40.

Ozzy rules!!

Wright isn't a NT? u kidding me? 340 lbs and speed of holliday? taht isn't a NT but a NT in line for greatness if hes head is on right.

Stitches
03-22-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure how much I like Stanton, but I would be happy with that draft, especially if we could get Andy Alleman in the 4th(which I think he'll be gone by then). I would prefer Jason Hill over Allison, but I wouldn't ***** about it or anything.

NPG
03-22-2007, 11:03 AM

I like NFL Draft Countdown, but remember they only have a general idea what teams need, and in the case of the Dolphins they apparently have no idea. We have three potentially very good, young DTs in the Wright Brothers and Fred Evans. I'm here to tell you that I've seen enough of Evans to know he is a star. Kind of like last year when I couldn't figure out why Yeremiah hadn't been playing for the past few years and then he came in and was absoultely dominant for a month. We also resigned Traylor and have Roth as another young DLineman. Branch actually reminds me of Manny Wright anyway, a lot of talent but doesn't take care of himself. You don't take a chance with the 9th pick at a position where you need help the least. No way we should take Stnaton either. QB's near his quality will be available in the 4th-6th rounds. I like Ugoh, but I still think Levi Brown is the pick in the first round. If the Falcons take Brown, then we take Laron Landry and move J. Allen permanently to corner. Renaldo call be a dime back and insurance in the event that Yeremiah gets hurt or Landry needs a little time to develop.

newlownorder
03-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Hmmmm....that mock looks very similar to another mock I saw on the finheaven boards before nfldraftcountdown put their new mock. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......who could it be???? See below for details.

PhinfanUK
03-22-2007, 02:01 PM
The link on the sight just takes me to the one from the weekend. Can anyone post the new version? How come Ugoh slips out of the first round in this version?

MrEd
03-22-2007, 02:02 PM

No way on that mock draft. No way we take Manny Wright's twin at #9. And Stanton will be gone by the top half of the 2nd round.

I'd rather Ginn at #9, Merryweather, Ross, or Griffin at #40, and Sears, Ugoh, or Satelle at #60. Then, it all depends on if we trade for Green on who we pick at #71. If we trade for Green, then we go with the best LB left. If we dont trade for Green, then we go with either Beck or Edwards.

Or,

We can go with Landry or Hall at #9, Grubbs, Blalock, or Kalil at #40, and a Jason Hill or Johnnie Higgins at #60, with either Beck or Edwards at #71, or best LB if we trade for Green.

PhinfanUK
03-22-2007, 02:12 PM
I preferred the previous draft, with Ryan Harris in the third and McCauley in the second.

VT Dolphan
03-22-2007, 03:35 PM
I would definitely be OK with that mock draft. I think there might be a better player available than Ugoh at 40, specifically Sidney Rice, but we do need to get someone to play LT and Ugoh could probably step in and play from year one. I would be happy with Stanton at 60, anything higher would be a reach IMO. Allison is a playmaker that I've had my eye on for a while now, so I definitely approve of that pick as well.

daniel3
03-22-2007, 08:27 PM
No way on that mock draft. No way we take Manny Wright's twin at #9. And Stanton will be gone by the top half of the 2nd round.

I'd rather Ginn at #9, Merryweather, Ross, or Griffin at #40, and Sears, Ugoh, or Satelle at #60. Then, it all depends on if we trade for Green on who we pick at #71. If we trade for Green, then we go with the best LB left. If we dont trade for Green, then we go with either Beck or Edwards.

Or,

We can go with Landry or Hall at #9, Grubbs, Blalock, or Kalil at #40, and a Jason Hill or Johnnie Higgins at #60, with either Beck or Edwards at #71, or best LB if we trade for Green.

lol I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think of the similarities.