I think these guys would be nice to have,

1 Ginn if he is healthy.
2 Okoye
3 Landry
4 Revis
5 Willis

zach8111
03-22-2007, 11:58 AM
if you want ginn first, then we should trade down with GB cuz he WILL be there at GB pick aand we could get an extra 2 or 3 especially if browns pass on AP. then the bills wont be able tp get AP cuz GB will, they need a RB.

NYinBostonFin
03-22-2007, 12:02 PM
If we stay at #9 there is no way that we draft Ginn. It seems to be clear he is dropping bc he still hasnt healed from his injury.

Landry will be gone too, now that Atlanta is in front of us.

fullerboy1
03-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah but like i said when he is healthy he would be more than worth the 9th pick i think.
And with Landry its not a done deal that Atlanta will pick him.

SamIam
03-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Atlanta needs a DE more than a DB... kerney is gone and abraham is injury prone.

fullerboy1
03-22-2007, 12:18 PM
I picked Ginn first because he would have a bigger impact on our team overall

zach8111
03-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Atlanta needs a DE more than a DB... kerney is gone and abraham is injury prone.
there is gonna be good DE in the 2nd too. so why not take landry and the get a DE nearly as good as one in the first. it just makes sense.

fullerboy1
03-22-2007, 12:21 PM

Exactly, anything can change the plans of a team from now until draft day.

fullerboy1
03-22-2007, 12:42 PM
I think Ginns explosiveness would take our offense to another level.
Okoye quickness would make others on our Defense even more effective.
Landry aggressiveness would do wonders for our secondary.
Revis would take a few years to show his true worth.
Willis would make a great replacement for Zack in two years.

MrEd
03-22-2007, 12:49 PM
there is gonna be good DE in the 2nd too. so why not take landry and the get a DE nearly as good as one in the first. it just makes sense.

Exactly. People dont take this into consideration when making assertions on who a team will pick.

This is why I dont see too many DE's being picked in the top ten other than say Gaines Adams.

Also why I dont see DET picking Joe Thomas as some mocks have. DET already has their franchise LT in Jeff Backus. They just traded for a RT and RB. If anything, they draft the best G/C at #34 overall. So I definitely see DET picking Quinn at #2 overall. And they still can draft a backup OT in the 3rd or 4th round.

If they do trade down, then they probably select Gaines Adams. But I just dont see them passing on Quinn.

MrEd
03-22-2007, 12:55 PM
I think Ginns explosiveness would take our offense to another level.
Okoye quickness would make others on our Defense even more effective.
Landry aggressiveness would do wonders for our secondary.
Revis would take a few years to show his true worth.
Willis would make a great replacement for Zack in two years.

I agree with the Ginn Jr pick. Also, Adam Shefter mentioned that MIA is actually reportedly interested in Levi Brown and Laron Landry.

Contrary to reports that MIA liked Staley more. This must have been a smokescreen into taking teams radars off of Levi Brown.

Maybe MIA thought that HOU was going to take Brown at #8. So they were eyeing Landry and calling attention to Staley when all along they really wanted Levi Brown? Hmm.

Now with the HOU/ATL trade. I think Tedd Ginn Jr, Laron Landry, and Levi Brown are the only likely picks. In that particular order.

Tedd Ginn Jr
Laron Landry
Levi Brown(if Ginn and Landry are gone)

fullerboy1
03-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Exactly. People dont take this into consideration when making assertions on who a team will pick.

This is why I dont see too many DE's being picked in the top ten other than say Gaines Adams.

Also why I dont see DET picking Joe Thomas as some mocks have. DET already has their franchise LT in Jeff Backus. They just traded for a RT and RB. If anything, they draft the best G/C at #34 overall. So I definitely see DET picking Quinn at #2 overall. And they still can draft a backup OT in the 3rd or 4th round.

If they do trade down, then they probably select Gaines Adams. But I just dont see them passing on Quinn.

Great point, we should all take it like it is, no one knows exactly
what a team is going to do but it is still fun to pretend to be experts, right
fellas.

VT Dolphan
03-22-2007, 01:00 PM
The player with the most upside that will probably be available when we pick has to be Amobi Okoye. I don't want us to pick him since he isn't an ideal fit in the 3-4, but he undoubtedly has more potential than any prospect in this draft.

Brown42000
03-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Miami should pick Levi brown and Miami will finally have their franchise left tackle but if Alan Branch falls to Miami I don't see how they will pass on him.

fullerboy1
03-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Regardless of who picks before us we should still get an impact player I think.

fullerboy1
03-22-2007, 01:07 PM
I think any of those guys would be great for our team.

zach8111
03-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Regardless of who picks before us we should still get an impact player I think.
i agree but all first rounders should really be impact players. i think the only way we will get an impact play would be a QB WR not o-line

fullerboy1
03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
i agree but all first rounders should really be impact players. i think the only way we will get an impact play would be a QB WR not o-line

If we have the possibility to get Ginn jr. while trading down,
I´m all for it. Ginn is the next best thing offensively after CJ.

Boone
03-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Why cant an offensive lineman be an "impact player"? Better blocking improves the running game...also gives the QB more time to find open receivers.

MrEd
03-22-2007, 01:31 PM

I agree with this. Ginn's impact would be huge on our Offense. His impact would be from the start of the game with his kick returns. He would be a homerun threat from the start and would open and continuously put us in great field position all game long.

He would not need to start. We can still start Chambers and either Booker or Hagan. Ginn would still get as many snaps as Booker or Hagan, but as our #3 WR.

Then he would stretch our vertical offense, stretch the defense, and open up the middle for Chambers in the slot. Our running game would have less crowdiness and Chambers would make the Pro Bowl again.

Ginn is a no brainer as far as improving our offense is concerned "if" Cameron feels that Shelton, Carey, Alabi, or Toledo can be our LT.

Even still, MIA can still put either Shelton or Carey at LT and draft another LT prospect in the 2nd round at either #60 or even #40 if Staley was still around.

If the choice was Levi Brown, then whichever WR we targeted in the 2nd round would not have the impact that Ginn would have as far as starting caliber, stretching the field, or on field position.

There will still be some speedsters like Jason Hill...but they are not starting caliber WR's. Hill is no more a prospect than Marcus Vick or Kelly Campbell.

Ginn Jr would instantly upgrade our offense. Would Brown? No. Because he wouldn't improve us much more than Shelton or Carey would at LT IMO.

So Ginn would have the biggest impact on offense of any other player we can draft at #9.

fullerboy1
03-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Why cant an offensive lineman be an "impact player"? Better blocking improves the running game...also gives the QB more time to find open receivers.

Yeah but think about it, if you had someone on your team that scare the heck out of the other team defense like a wr,rb or qb that in my opinion
would have a greater impact as a ol.

fullerboy1
03-22-2007, 01:39 PM
I agree with this. Ginn's impact would be huge on our Offense. His impact would be from the start of the game with his kick returns. He would be a homerun threat from the start and would open and continuously put us in great field position all game long.

He would not need to start. We can still start Chambers and either Booker or Hagan. Ginn would still get as many snaps as Booker or Hagan, but as our #3 WR.

Then he would stretch our vertical offense, stretch the defense, and open up the middle for Chambers in the slot. Our running game would have less crowdiness and Chambers would make the Pro Bowl again.

Ginn is a no brainer as far as improving our offense is concerned "if" Cameron feels that Shelton, Carey, Alabi, or Toledo can be our LT.

Even still, MIA can still put either Shelton or Carey at LT and draft another LT prospect in the 2nd round at either #60 or even #40 if Staley was still around.

If the choice was Levi Brown, then whichever WR we targeted in the 2nd round would not have the impact that Ginn would have as far as starting caliber, stretching the field, or on field position.

There will still be some speedsters like Jason Hill...but they are not starting caliber WR's. Hill is no more a prospect than Marcus Vick or Kelly Campbell.

Ginn Jr would instantly upgrade our offense. Would Brown? No. Because he wouldn't improve us much more than Shelton or Carey would at LT IMO.

So Ginn would have the biggest impact on offense of any other player we can draft at #9.

You took the words right out of my mouth.:D

MrEd
03-22-2007, 01:43 PM

Because Levi Brown would not have any more of an improvement over Carey or Shelton at LT. In fact, he may be a downgrade because of his inexperience.

Remember, the LT wasn't the problem of the OL this year. It was mostly RG. When Culpepper and Brown were getting sacked and tackled behind the line of scrimmage, rushers were coming in from either the right side of the OL or from Randy Mcmichael's missed blocks. Trust me, I have the games recorded and have seen them time and again.

As a matter of fact, after Shelton moved to RG, the right side improved and DMac didn't struggle so much at LT.

When (interception)Harrington came in, LT was not the problem either. As a matter of fact, what was mainly the problem (especially early on) was the "run blocking", Randy's missed blocks, believe it or not, Welker's missed blocks, and Ronnie's missing open holes.

So truthfully, with the new FB, dropping Mcmichael, and a speedy WR...we should be fine on offense with either Shelton back at LT or Carey at LT with either Alabi or Toledo at RT.

So however you look at it, Lehr is a key in this scenario. Why?

Because if we were to sign him to say, play LG. We can either move Carey to LT, and allow Toledo and Alabi to battle it out for RT. Or we can move Shelton back to LT, keep Carey at RT, and have Toledo battle it out with a rookie like Blalock, Grubbs, or Sears for the RG spot.

So we dont really have to go Levi Brown.

In fact, I now think we should'nt.

MrEd
03-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Miami should pick Levi brown and Miami will finally have their franchise left tackle but if Alan Branch falls to Miami I don't see how they will pass on him.

No way on Branch. We have his twin in Manny Wright. As well as Fred Evans, who Capers loves, as our 3rd NT.

Of course, Traylor is still the starter at NT until one of them unseats him. Plus, we may just be getting Big Daddy back after all.

I'd wait until 2008 to draft another NT. We have to wait and see what Wright and Evans has to offer....with Traylor as our security blanket for 2007.

Wait until 2008 draft to draft another NT.

Boone
03-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Because Levi Brown would not have any more of an improvement over Carey or Shelton at LT. In fact, he may be a downgrade because of his inexperience.
I never said Levi Brown...I just asked why an offensive lineman couldnt be an impact player...btw...How do you know that Brown would be a downgrade? Are you packing a magic crystal ball somewhere? If so...I'd love to have this weeks powerball numbers! :tongue:

23EmilioVasquez
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
levi brown is no furgasun i dont think he is worth the 9 th pick but know that landry is perrty much gone to atlanta maybe we can get alan branch

fullerboy1
03-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Think about it, with Ginn Miami gets what great teams seem to have and thats an X factor. He would be deadly every time he touch the ball. No team
would be able not to devise a good game plan just to stop him, that alone should be more than enough to justify him with the 9th pick.

zach8111
03-22-2007, 02:33 PM
n the second.
im not saying a lineman cant be an impact player but i think a WR or QB would have a bigger impact when you could get a lineman, almost as good as the first round ones, in the second round

retarmyfinfan
03-22-2007, 04:53 PM
if you want ginn first, then we should trade down with GB cuz he WILL be there at GB pick aand we could get an extra 2 or 3 especially if browns pass on AP. then the bills wont be able tp get AP cuz GB will, they need a RB.

With Schaub going to Houston and Atlanta likely going for Landry, it would take AP falling to #9 for us to have a chance to trade down, if that's what we're looking at.

Dolfan11
03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
My board would look something like this, considering these players have the best chance of being there at #9.

1. Brady Quinn
2. Levi Brown
3. LaRon Landry
4. trade down
5. Leon Hall

fullerboy1
03-23-2007, 12:54 AM
My board would look something like this, considering these players have the best chance of being there at #9.

1. Brady Quinn
2. Levi Brown
3. LaRon Landry
4. trade down
5. Leon Hall

Brady wouldnt make much of an impact his first season I dont think,
Levi would only be solid at the most.
Landry would be what I think also the third impact player.
Trading down would be a good option but will it bring us the talent that we need, I dont know.
Leon could solidify one of the cb position but the jury is still out on whether he is the best cb in the draft.

fullerboy1
03-23-2007, 01:29 AM
I would like for us to grab 2 impact players in the first two rounds, and solid
players in the 3rd to 4th, 6 to 7th rounds players with upside.

zach8111
03-23-2007, 01:42 AM
I would like for us to grab 2 impact players in the first two rounds, and solid
players in the 3rd to 4th, 6 to 7th rounds players with upside.
wouldnt every team? but i am 90% sure miami will get either russel or quinn with miami getting green and then them dropping pepper and oak is interested in pepper. then in second we could get a good WR in Ginn if he fall cuz his still isnt over his injury and might fall to early second, or smith or meachem. they would be impact players. the with other second we could get o-line then CB in third or TE and then go for depth and youth at line and D

Ludacris
03-23-2007, 04:14 AM
Because if we were to sign him to say, play LG. We can either move Carey to LT, and allow Toledo and Alabi to battle it out for RT. Or we can move Shelton back to LT, keep Carey at RT, and have Toledo battle it out with a rookie like Blalock, Grubbs, or Sears for the RG spot.

So we dont really have to go Levi Brown.

In fact, I now think we should'nt.

Personally, I would prefer to go Brown because I'm not a fan of throwing OL around every year like tonight's toss salad. A solid LT offers stability to the OL. The fins had not had that since Richmond Webb left and since then the fins have tried applying temporary band aids to protect the QBs blind side. It has never worked and our offense has been anemic. I think the fins need to get a good LT and LG combination like the old Webb/Sims era through the draft. I believe Brown to be bpa at #9 and he so happens to meet the fins most glaring need in their entire roster.

fullerboy1
03-23-2007, 11:58 AM
wouldnt every team? but i am 90% sure miami will get either russel or quinn with miami getting green and then them dropping pepper and oak is interested in pepper. then in second we could get a good WR in Ginn if he fall cuz his still isnt over his injury and might fall to early second, or smith or meachem. they would be impact players. the with other second we could get o-line then CB in third or TE and then go for depth and youth at line and D

That would be great if it played out that way but I dont think it will happen.
I think we will with a 75% chance trade up and get C. Johnson or trade down
for Ginn jr., we are in need of a wr. playmaker. Johnson is the only player worth such a gamble to move up for. But please dont quote me on this, its just a feeling.

Pompy
03-23-2007, 12:13 PM
What Ginn did at the National Championship game should warn all teams of the "ME" attitude he is...... That's why he's not pick in most Mock Draft till late 20's... The Dolphins would be ok if they traded with NE and got their two first round picks and a fourth and then picked Ginn.... But don't we have two number one receivers in Chambers and Booker? I rather see them get Olsen... we need a good TE or Brown for LT... They say his upside better than Joe Thomas...

fullerboy1
03-23-2007, 12:51 PM
What Ginn did at the National Championship game should warn all teams of the "ME" attitude he is...... That's why he's not pick in most Mock Draft till late 20's... The Dolphins would be ok if they traded with NE and got their two first round picks and a fourth and then picked Ginn.... But don't we have two number one receivers in Chambers and Booker? I rather see them get Olsen... we need a good TE or Brown for LT... They say his upside better than Joe Thomas...

Thanks Pompy but I really dont think if we traded down that far, we would have the chance to draft him. We should not let all of the smoke screens
rob us of a difference maker like Ginn. I´m quite sure the GM´s are doing there part to confuse us, everyone saw what he can do in one play in the bowl game against the Gators. He will be a deadly X factor.

Dolfan11
03-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks Pompy but I really dont think if we traded down that far, we would have the chance to draft him. We should not let all of the smoke screens
rob us of a difference maker like Ginn. I´m quite sure the GM´s are doing there part to confuse us, everyone saw what he can do in one play in the bowl game against the Gators. He will be a deadly X factor.

I just don't buy into Ginn's hype. Drafting a WR in the 1st with the hopes of him returning kicks for TD's is stupid. I rather take Jason Hill in the 2-3 round.

miamiron
03-23-2007, 01:31 PM
I never said Levi Brown...I just asked why an offensive lineman couldnt be an impact player...btw...How do you know that Brown would be a downgrade? Are you packing a magic crystal ball somewhere? If so...I'd love to have this weeks powerball numbers! :tongue:

I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD KNOW WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS!:lol:

The so called"experts" on this thread or the VIP god's that come down from there golden palace know nothing more than you or me!!

When I read a post that someone "knows" exactly what is going to happen
or who will be successfull and who will be a bust...I just have to laugh because IT'S JUST AN OPINION...and who on this earth other than "MS.CLEO":sidelol:
can tell what will happen in the future.

We dont know if Ginn will be that playmaker or if Levi will be our savior.We just dont know...SO WE THROW THE DICE AND HOPE!!!!!

fullerboy1
03-23-2007, 02:07 PM
I just don't buy into Ginn's hype. Drafting a WR in the 1st with the hopes of him returning kicks for TD's is stupid. I rather take Jason Hill in the 2-3 round.

My question would be, do Hill have the upside and the skills to really be as good as Ginn I´m not to sure, Ginn is still pretty raw but what he can do for this team if used right is mind blowing.

fullerboy1
03-23-2007, 02:17 PM

The so called"experts" on this thread or the VIP god's that come down from there golden palace know nothing more than you or me!!

or who will be successfull and who will be a bust...I just have to laugh because IT'S JUST AN OPINION...and who on this earth other than "MS.CLEO":sidelol:

We dont know if Ginn will be that playmaker or if Levi will be our savior.We just dont know...SO WE THROW THE DICE AND HOPE!!!!!

I´m sorry if you dont get in that much of the draft spirit like the rest of us
but it is all in good fun.
Most of us find more enjoyment in the draft than the game it self. My take is to just let everyone have some fun with this no matter if they are wrong or right.:dolphins:

Danny
03-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I still like Ginn at 9 tho we could move down and still get him or Brwon for that matter....I don't wanna lose out on a playmaker like Ginn tho.

Ozzy rules!!

Boone
03-23-2007, 03:56 PM

Amen brother. :)

Pompy
03-23-2007, 08:48 PM
The Yamon Figurs kid from K-State runs faster than Ginn and is a Kick Returner also and he won't go till the 5-7 round so why pick him..... there's 5-6 guys that can run as fast as Ginn and don't get injured jumping up (Grammaticism) on the most important game of his life...

zach8111
03-23-2007, 08:53 PM
That would be great if it played out that way but I dont think it will happen.
I think we will with a 75% chance trade up and get C. Johnson or trade down
for Ginn jr., we are in need of a wr. playmaker. Johnson is the only player worth such a gamble to move up for. But please dont quote me on this, its just a feeling.
I would love to see miami trade up for Calvin johnson because he is amazing but we would have to give up most of our picks. if we do trade up i might like to see us pick up BYU QB in late rounds, they say he would be a good pick up in the late rounds. then we would have to get o line and CB.

retarmyfinfan
03-23-2007, 09:18 PM

That's what we need. A QB with a bad knee throwing to a receiver with a bad foot.

Myles Fynch
03-23-2007, 09:43 PM
That's what we need. A QB with a bad knee throwing to a receiver with a bad foot.

Agreed... this guy hasn't run a lick since his injury. He's no lock to go in the top 20 when he can't do the number one thing you'd draft him for... stretch the field.

Someone could try to diminish his injury and say "he'll be running 4.2s by June" but there is a lot of pressure on teams to draft players that can help right away. It's been almost 3 months since the bowl game, his career draft selection is on the line, and I believe if he could run, he would. So that's one heck of a minor injury he's got.

unifiedtheory
03-23-2007, 10:02 PM
The player with the most upside available at #9?

Adam Carriker.

fullerboy1
03-23-2007, 10:38 PM

Come on fellas, he is trying to put himself in the best possible position to make money just like any of us. Why should he run now and take the risk of losing out on a higher draft position.

fullerboy1
03-23-2007, 10:43 PM
The player with the most upside available at #9?

Adam Carriker.

Carriker would fit our system good but we already have a Carriker type, Matt Roth. I would rather have Adams if available. Adams would make a good linebacker.

RenoFinFan
03-24-2007, 12:27 AM

1 Ginn if he is healthy.
2 Okoye
3 Landry
4 Revis
5 Willis
I have seen a lot of people claim that Ginn has the most upside. I find that to be pretty humorous. Can anyone name WRs that did not establish themselves in college as an elite WR but came into the NFL and were able to? Gonzalez was just as good, if not better, than Ginn at the WR position. Of course, for special teams that is a whole different story. But if we are going after WR then Jarrett would be the guy.

Okoye...yes. Willis...absolutely.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 12:53 AM
I have seen a lot of people claim that Ginn has the most upside. I find that to be pretty humorous. Can anyone name WRs that did not establish themselves in college as an elite WR but came into the NFL and were able to? Gonzalez was just as good, if not better, than Ginn at the WR position. Of course, for special teams that is a whole different story. But if we are going after WR then Jarrett would be the guy.

Okoye...yes. Willis...absolutely.

Yea man, Gonzalez really blew away Florida when Ginn got hurt . . . oh wait, u mean he couldn't shake the extra coverage being thrown his way now that Ginn (The guy who usually had the extra coverage) was out for the first time in his Ohio State career. Get the hell outta here. People who claim Gonzalez is better than Ginn really humor me, its just a ridiculous statement.

Ginn is already considered a top 3 WR in this draft and he is just now learning the position . . . he could be spectacular. He has the upside . . . his knocks are that he isn't fine tuned at WR.

AZStryker
03-24-2007, 12:57 AM

1. Brady Quinn
2. Levi Brown
3. LaRon Landry
4. trade down
5. Leon Hall

Now that is exactly the list we should use. Please notice the absence of Branch and Ginn! Well done sir.

fullerboy1
03-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Now that is exactly the list we should use. Please notice the absence of Branch and Ginn! Well done sir.

I´m sorry but I just dont think Brady or Brown would make much of an impact for the next 2 years.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 09:27 AM
I´m sorry but I just dont think Brady or Brown would make much of an impact for the next 2 years.

Man we think alike . . .people are sitting here wanna be set for the future . . . with this defense I wanna be set NOW. IN 2 or 3 years . . . Zack and JT will both be retired or at the downside of their careers and we will start having to rebuild seriously. While we have this high powered defense, bring in some offensive guys who can compete now and give us the best options to win now. Ginn is ideal because he kills 3 birds with one stone. With him, Booker, Chambers and Hagan . . . our WR situation would be straight. If we just get some luck at QB finally and the Line improves . . . we have a playoff team no doubt in my mind.

AZStryker
03-24-2007, 10:39 AM

Ya but they will for the next 10 to 12.

fullerboy1
03-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Ya but they will for the next 10 to 12.

Then we will be in need of Middle linebacker, Defensiveend/OutsideLinebacker.

RenoFinFan
03-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Man we think alike . . .people are sitting here wanna be set for the future . . . with this defense I wanna be set NOW. IN 2 or 3 years . . . Zack and JT will both be retired or at the downside of their careers and we will start having to rebuild seriously. While we have this high powered defense, bring in some offensive guys who can compete now and give us the best options to win now. Ginn is ideal because he kills 3 birds with one stone. With him, Booker, Chambers and Hagan . . . our WR situation would be straight. If we just get some luck at QB finally and the Line improves . . . we have a playoff team no doubt in my mind.
By adding a WR that in 5 of the 12 games played last year had 40 yards or less receiving makes our WR situation straight. A WR whose stats (781 yards, 9 TDs) were padded by playing against Northern Illinois and Bowling Green (255 yards, 3) but had a mere 526 yards and 6 TD against legit competition in the other 10 games is the answer. Get the hell out of here. People who claim adding Ginn to our WR core (one of the worst in the NFL) makes our WR situation straight humor me. It is just a ridiculous statement.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 11:43 AM
By adding a WR that in 5 of the 12 games played last year had 40 yards or less receiving makes our WR situation straight. A WR whose stats (781 yards, 9 TDs) were padded by playing against Northern Illinois and Bowling Green (255 yards, 3) but had a mere 526 yards and 6 TD against legit competition in the other 10 games is the answer. Get the hell out of here. People who claim adding Ginn to our WR core (one of the worst in the NFL) makes our WR situation straight humor me. It is just a ridiculous statement.

College is different from the NFL, Ohio State was usually blowing teams out and they had a 3 headed monster at RB. Ginn was ALWAYS being double covered allowing Gonzalez single coverage. Look at the tape and not the stats, when teams even toyed with the idea of leaving Ginn one on one, he burned them always, not to mention he consistently made things happen on his own.

So u don't think we have talented WR's? With the line issues we had last year and the Questionable QB play . . u cant' be serious. I will say one thing . . . whether its Ginn or not, this offense needs a guy who can spread the defense around and Ginn seems like a perfect fit, who with his ability to be Hester like in the return game just makes it an obvious choice. Combine that with the fact that he still is learning the position, that makes his "upside" incredible. That is what this thread is about isn't it?

fullerboy1
03-24-2007, 11:52 AM
College is different from the NFL, Ohio State was usually blowing teams out and they had a 3 headed monster at RB. Ginn was ALWAYS being double covered allowing Gonzalez single coverage. Look at the tape and not the stats, when teams even toyed with the idea of leaving Ginn one on one, he burned them always, not to mention he consistently made things happen on his own.

So u don't think we have talented WR's? With the line issues we had last year and the Questionable QB play . . u cant' be serious. I will say one thing . . . whether its Ginn or not, this offense needs a guy who can spread the defense around and Ginn seems like a perfect fit, who with his ability to be Hester like in the return game just makes it an obvious choice. Combine that with the fact that he still is learning the position, that makes his "upside" incredible. That is what this thread is about isn't it?

Thank you Bro.

fullerboy1
03-25-2007, 02:05 AM
I dont think no one should be surprised if we take Ginn, or we move up and take C. Johnson. I for one would be extremly happy.

finfan54
03-25-2007, 09:37 AM

yeah right, when the new QB who is learning a new system and players gets sacked because he has no Oline.

GET A FRIGGIN CLUE PEOPLE!!!!

WE NEED A FRIGGIN OLINE YESTERDAY!

This is a crock of Crap!

finfan54
03-25-2007, 09:39 AM
I dont think no one should be surprised if we take Ginn, or we move up and take C. Johnson. I for one would be extremly happy.

Ginn is dropping, get over it now, because come draft day you will see the direction this franchise is taking and it will be drafting from the inside out!

In fact, I predict we will draft a TE before we draft a WR.

Hazir Akim and the guy from the vikings is on our roster for a reason.

fullerboy1
03-25-2007, 12:26 PM
yeah right, when the new QB who is learning a new system and players gets sacked because he has no Oline.

GET A FRIGGIN CLUE PEOPLE!!!!

WE NEED A FRIGGIN OLINE YESTERDAY!

This is a crock of Crap!

Hey sorry if I upset you. We all have our favorite players that we would like our team to Draft but its no cause to get hyper about it.We are only doing what millions of others around the country are doing, trying to predict what we will do come draft day. So chill please and try to have some fun.:wink:

OneHondo
03-25-2007, 12:39 PM
I wonder where Joe Staley OT will get drafted, no I'm not suggesting we take him at #9. I have a hunch he is going to be one of the surprises in this years draft.

fullerboy1
03-26-2007, 12:46 AM
I wonder where Joe Staley OT will get drafted, no I'm not suggesting we take him at #9. I have a hunch he is going to be one of the surprises in this years draft.

If we do a trade down its possible, but I think if anything they will be looking to trade up for a play maker.

fullerboy1
03-26-2007, 12:56 AM
Hopefully we can get lucky and get a couple Impact players, Calvin J.
or Ginn and maybe Staley.

TexanPhinatic
03-26-2007, 01:22 AM
Ginn is dropping, get over it now, because come draft day you will see the direction this franchise is taking and it will be drafting from the inside out!

In fact, I predict we will draft a TE before we draft a WR.

Hazir Akim and the guy from the vikings is on our roster for a reason.

Lol thats funny. You cant even spell the one name right, and you dont even know the name of the other guy, yet they are supposed to be good enough to warrent us not taking a WR? Heh, sorry, that was gold right there.

Ginn would be dynamite for this team. An immediate impact just on ST, and that doesnt count any plays he makes as a WR. We could use him in so many ways its not funny-hes that good and versatile. He wont drop far, and if he does there will be quite a few teams pissed off they didnt take him over Levi Brown, who, btw, there is every indication the team isnt going in his direction.

Slappy8800
03-26-2007, 01:25 AM
levi brown

TexanPhinatic
03-26-2007, 01:33 AM
levi brown

ugh thinking we might draft him makes me constipated. :lol:

Slappy8800
03-26-2007, 01:36 AM
you should see a doctor

HybridPHIN 23
03-26-2007, 08:41 AM
No way on Branch. We have his twin in Manny Wright. As well as Fred Evans, who Capers loves, as our 3rd NT.

Of course, Traylor is still the starter at NT until one of them unseats him. Plus, we may just be getting Big Daddy back after all.

I'd wait until 2008 to draft another NT. We have to wait and see what Wright and Evans has to offer....with Traylor as our security blanket for 2007.

Wait until 2008 draft to draft another NT.:yes:

Stitches
03-26-2007, 08:46 AM
The player with the MOST upside is Ginn. However, I would prefer we draft Brown, Willias, Hall, or Carriker at 9. Then I would want Ginn.

TampaFinsFan01
03-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah but like i said when he is healthy he would be more than worth the 9th pick i think.
And with Landry its not a done deal that Atlanta will pick him.

Its as close to done as it can be a month before the draft. They love him and for good reason. Hes been a dynamic ball-hawking player for four years. Hes like a coach on the field, hes physical, and he plays the ball. Hes the closest thing to Ed Reed as there is.

To those that are saying, "yeah, but they lost Kearney and they need an end"....Thats true. They did lose PK and they do need a DE. And they will use the second and/or third rounder upgrading that position.

You don't reach for need when possible greatness is right in your lap.

fullerboy1
03-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Its as close to done as it can be a month before the draft. They love him and for good reason. Hes been a dynamic ball-hawking player for four years. Hes like a coach on the field, hes physical, and he plays the ball. Hes the closest thing to Ed Reed as there is.

To those that are saying, "yeah, but they lost Kearney and they need an end"....Thats true. They did lose PK and they do need a DE. And they will use the second and/or third rounder upgrading that position.

You don't reach for need when possible greatness is right in your lap.

They are looking in multiple directions at the moment, I would´nt be suprised if they went J Anderson or Okoye better yet Ginn jr.. It´s hard to get a read on Atlanta.

Stitches
03-26-2007, 01:20 PM
They are looking in multiple directions at the moment, I would´nt be suprised if they went J Anderson or Okoye better yet Ginn jr.. It´s hard to get a read on Atlanta.

Only problem is Anderson didn't wow at his workout I hear. So, he might slip outside the top 10.

Der Philth
03-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Levi Brown. The only thing I've heard about him is they're not high on him, which tells me they're keeping their mouths shut for a reason.

I'd love to see Brown taken at 9, then grab a young QB in the 2nd.

fullerboy1
03-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Only problem is Anderson didn't wow at his workout I hear. So, he might slip outside the top 10.

I think these workouts are usefull but can not tell the whole story about a player. Its going to be very Interesting to see the poker faces showing there hands come draft day.

TampaFinsFan01
03-26-2007, 02:36 PM

They won't pick Ginn with the #8 pick or wherever they pick. And I doubt they trade down. Possible, as anything is, but unlikely. They have extra picks in the Schaub trade so they can pick some needs in the second and third round.

They WILL NOT take J. Anderson over Landry. They might take Okoye, but I doubt that as well. IMO, if they stay where they are in the first round, they will take LL.

Pompy
03-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Same Ginn crap over and over.......We'd be a laughing stock of the league...

Kdawg954
03-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Same Ginn crap over and over.......We'd be a laughing stock of the league...

If it means getting Hester like production in the return game and a speedy flanker to spread a defense out . . . by all means . . . let them laugh away.

fullerboy1
03-27-2007, 12:36 PM
If it means getting Hester like production in the return game and a speedy flanker to spread a defense out . . . by all means . . . let them laugh away.

You my friend know the main problems with our team, you are not just a weekend fan like some others who post on this site.

MrEd
03-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Tedd Ginn Jr should be the #9 pick, bar none!

fullerboy1
03-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Tedd Ginn Jr should be the #9 pick, bar none!

Right on Bro!!!!

Jaj
03-28-2007, 01:39 AM
Actually the best overall player as far as fit in our system is Adam Carriker. It's not even close. We're relatively set at the position but it would be great to take him and have Roth eventually rotate in with Holliday and Carriker, until we cut Holliday after a couple years.

To be honest actually it's not a bad idea to just bite the bullet and draft him because he is that good. There hasn't been a more perfect 3-4 DE than him since Seymour.

fullerboy1
03-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Actually the best overall player as far as fit in our system is Adam Carriker. It's not even close. We're relatively set at the position but it would be great to take him and have Roth eventually rotate in with Holliday and Carriker, until we cut Holliday after a couple years.

To be honest actually it's not a bad idea to just bite the bullet and draft him because he is that good. There hasn't been a more perfect 3-4 DE than him since Seymour.

He would fit pretty good but how much of an impact would he make.
At the 9th we need a starter with impact skills.

JT#1
03-29-2007, 12:58 AM
He would fit pretty good but how much of an impact would he make.
At the 9th we need a starter with impact skills.
Exactly we someone who can provide a spark on day 1 , i think we'll ether get ginn or a corner depending on whos there.

fullerboy1
03-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Exactly we someone who can provide a spark on day 1 , i think we'll ether get ginn or a corner depending on whos there.

Right along the same lines.:dolphins:

Austin Tatious
03-29-2007, 02:32 PM
If Landry falls, which I doubt, that is who I would take. The kid will be a perennial pro bowler. Or I'd leverage him to trade down above market value.

I'd like to trade down to get Staley. If we trade down to 21 and get an extra 2 and 3, imagine the possibilities.

Neglecting our offensive line for the past decade has been brutal on our results.

Carey was the only really good OL pick on the first day of the draft.

Wade was steady for a few years but has bounced around since. McKinney, Whitley, Ruegamer, and Wade Smith did not end up justifying third round selections. Bottom line. Going 0-4 on those 4 was awful. The dolphins should have hit on a couple there.

Meanwhile, the Pats were hitting with guys like Light and Koppen. You do the math on the fortunes of the respective franchises.

Slappy8800
03-29-2007, 04:31 PM
is poszlusy(spelling?) a stretch at 9?

Stitches
03-29-2007, 04:33 PM
is poszlusy(spelling?) a stretch at 9?

Without a doubt, yes.

fish fan 4 life
03-29-2007, 04:53 PM
I would be happy with Ginn

fullerboy1
03-30-2007, 12:46 AM
I would be happy with Ginn

C. Johnson or Ginn jr. would make us scary.:evil::evil:

Tureo
03-30-2007, 01:10 AM
I disagree. I am not so sure Ginn would have a bigger impact on our team than Landry or even Quinn.

Tureo
03-30-2007, 01:21 AM

I would agree with choosing a 3rd WR and a punt/kickoff return man in the 3rd of 4th rd. I am not doubting Ginn's talent but he is not a polished WR. We don't need another WR dropping balls and running poor routes.

FinHopeful
03-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville. He has a very long and productive career ahead of him (19 .. Amazing). As much as I hate to draft for the Defensive, it is clear that he has the most long term value.

Tureo
03-30-2007, 01:50 AM
I agree. I hope our team is Comedy Central.

fullerboy1
03-31-2007, 02:04 AM
I agree. I hope our team is Comedy Central.

What do you mean with that comment?

fullerboy1
03-31-2007, 08:00 AM
Our team needs playmakers not comedians!!!

fullerboy1
03-31-2007, 02:08 PM
If we got Calvin Johnson, It would feel like we won the lottery, at least for me.

JT#1
03-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville. He has a very long and productive career ahead of him (19 .. Amazing). As much as I hate to draft for the Defensive, it is clear that he has the most long term value.

This guy is the only person in the front 7(dline/LB) i would take, hes a hell of a player now and he is no where near how good he is gonna be at 19, plus to graduate college at 19 with a degree in Psychology you have to be a pretty bright guy.

JT#1
03-31-2007, 11:39 PM
If we got Calvin Johnson, It would feel like we won the lottery, at least for me.
If he drops to 9 there really must be a god cause that would be a miracle.

fullerboy1
04-01-2007, 04:13 AM
If he drops to 9 there really must be a god cause that would be a miracle.

You can say that again Bro.:wink:

fullerboy1
04-01-2007, 02:43 PM
There are only two players in this years draft that would make me extremly happy if we would select them, the first being C. Johnson, someone we need badly and Ginn Jr..The reason being they would improve our team the most with there addition. Our weak spots on last years team was offense, any one of those two guys would improve our offense the most in my opinion.

finfan54
04-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Ginn blows.

JT#1
04-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Ginn blows.

That is such a well though out argument, that there is no way to counter it, i am in awe at your ability to debate a topic.:rolleyes2

fullerboy1
04-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Ginn blows.

What does that mean?

jim1
04-03-2007, 08:11 AM

1 Ginn if he is healthy.
2 Okoye
3 Landry
4 Revis
5 Willis

On this list Okoye would be #5 for me. It's not that he isn't good- it's that we are loaded with young talent at DT/NT. Fire away at will at the NT part, I don't care. Evans, Wright, Wright, Vickerson, Holliday. I don't claim to be a talent scout in training, but Evans was very, very impressive in TC and pre-season last year. Then add Wright/Wright to the equation. Every other guy on the list FILLS A NEED. Straight BPA is somewhat of a myth in my opinion. The two standouts appear to be Ginn and Willis. And yes, I'm biased because Willis ripped off two sub 4.4 40's, as I should be. Add that to his size, quickness, and body of work (and character) and what comes to mind is "wow". Who better to replace Zach Thomas when that day comes? He looks like the real deal.

Geforce
04-03-2007, 08:22 AM
What does that mean?

It's an abbreviation of what secondary coaches say about Ginn. "Ginn blows by another one of our corners." :wink:

fullerboy1
04-03-2007, 10:47 AM
It's an abbreviation of what secondary coaches say about Ginn. "Ginn blows by another one of our corners." :wink:

Ok amigo I gotcha. :wink:

fullerboy1
04-03-2007, 06:55 PM
The closer we come to the draft the more I get the feeling we might make a trade up for C. Johnson or just stay put and take Ginn jr.. I think for an offensive mind like Cam he needs the the right chess figures, he didnt seem to have gotten them through free agency yet, so he may try to through the draft.

fullerboy1
04-04-2007, 02:25 AM
A wideout with game breaking skills would be the right move come draft time.

SgtPhin
04-04-2007, 05:50 AM
Just remember, historically speaking, it takes receivers an average of 2 years to adjust to the NFL. Some are quicker, some never adjust, but on average, 2 years before they make any real impact.

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Straight BPA is somewhat of a myth in my opinion. The two standouts appear to be Ginn and Willis. And yes, I'm biased because Willis ripped off two sub 4.4 40's, as I should be. Add that to his size, quickness, and body of work (and character) and what comes to mind is "wow". Who better to replace Zach Thomas when that day comes? He looks like the real deal.

I agree with your view on Willis 100% .. If Miami doesn't trade down and go O-line with their first pick, we HAVE to get Willis..

Let's face it, Zach will be an old 35 when the season starts.. You can't fight age, we all get older.. He has been beaten up through his career with his small frame .. We may have 1 more real productive season from him..

Willis would be IDEAL to replace Zach .. BTW, I am one of those who'd trade Zach for a 2nd and draft Willis with our 1st.. With that 2nd we can get another good player and replace Zach who's time is running out quickly..

Vendigo
04-04-2007, 06:11 AM
I agree with your view on Willis 100% .. If Miami doesn't trade down and go O-line with their first pick, we HAVE to get Willis.

So whom do you bench then? Zach, Willis oder Crowder?

fullerboy1
04-04-2007, 01:35 PM
So whom do you bench then? Zach, Willis oder Crowder?

I think he said he would trade Zack for a second rounder, then draft Willis with our 9th pick in the first round.

fullerboy1
04-05-2007, 04:47 AM
I agree with your view on Willis 100% .. If Miami doesn't trade down and go O-line with their first pick, we HAVE to get Willis..

Let's face it, Zach will be an old 35 when the season starts.. You can't fight age, we all get older.. He has been beaten up through his career with his small frame .. We may have 1 more real productive season from him..

Willis would be IDEAL to replace Zach .. BTW, I am one of those who'd trade Zach for a 2nd and draft Willis with our 1st.. With that 2nd we can get another good player and replace Zach who's time is running out quickly..

I can live with that.

Finsfan79
04-05-2007, 02:31 PM
I would not want Ginn at number 9 for anything. :ninja::ninja::ninja:

back you evil Ginn fans. No Randall Hill part 2!!

Most potential is Okoye easily on that list.

Willis is the safest pick in the draft

fullerboy1
04-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I would not want Ginn at number 9 for anything. :ninja::ninja::ninja:

back you evil Ginn fans. No Randall Hill part 2!!

Most potential is Okoye easily on that list.

Willis is the safest pick in the draft

OK but will that make our team better to the point we will then make the playoffs. We need offense and a impact skill player would be a good start,
dont you think?

Finsfan79
04-05-2007, 02:51 PM
OK but will that make our team better to the point we will then make the playoffs. We need offense and a impact skill player would be a good start,
dont you think?

Plucking a 2nd round WR would give us that skilled type of player when there is a good chance a Sidney Rice could be there. He is just as good as Ginn JR better route runner and better hands then Ginn Jr.

Ginn Jr = most over-rated player in this draft and hasnt even had a practice since the end of the season. And yes I hold injuries against the players.

As for Okoye yes he would make an imediate impact on the team and make us a better team right now on defense. He would free up Porter and JT to rush the passter better and easily plug the middle for Zach on the 4-3 times (about 30% of the time). He could be a major impact then with either traylor or Holliday and as he puts on weight he could grow into a NT.

Was Tim Bowens a big impact on Miami when he was drafted? He was NFL DROY after all. This kid is just like Tim Bowens but younger then he was.

My own choice is trade back to around 16-20 and draft Joe Staley. Use the extra 2nd for a Guard like Sears, blalock, Grubbs or Center like Kalil if he is in the 2nd still at pick 40

Swipe Stanton and then pluck some secondary help.

Football is a game won and lost in the trenches if you get the QB time any WR can get open a 1st or a 7th round talent. We have plenty of 2-3 type WRs on this team from Chambers, Booker, Hagan, Hakeem and even Vick has that potential (and good potential returning kicks).

If we go for a WR we need one with a number 1 type potential and I dont see that in Ginn JR at all. Actually I would draft any of the top WRs in this draft before Ginn JR. Be it Bowe, Meachem, CJ, or even Jarrett. I would even consider Rice about the same value, a top of the 2nd to late late 1st (25-35 value for a pick).

Sorry dude, I am completely and utterly against Ginn Jr for his play style, durability and even his past preformances. He is not an endzone threat with the ball, he is a very straight runner and track sprinter type. He is a great KR/PR but you dont draft that in the 1st round. You dont take that even in the 2nd round except rare occasions. I see him at most as a slot WR and a number 2 at best case. Worst case you get a lesser Daunte Hall that is easily injured.

fullerboy1
04-05-2007, 02:55 PM
You calling Ginn jr. a Randall Hill part 2 is not in my opinion a good argument.
he is a whole lot more than just speed. look at the game tape of Ginn jr., his cutting ability is just outstanding, also his football smarts are what set him aside from Thrill Hill. He is a threat whenever he has the ball in his hands, the last time we had anything near that was when Duper and Clayton where here.

fullerboy1
04-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Plucking a 2nd round WR would give us that skilled type of player when there is a good chance a Sidney Rice could be there. He is just as good as Ginn JR better route runner and better hands then Ginn Jr.

Ginn Jr = most over-rated player in this draft and hasnt even had a practice since the end of the season. And yes I hold injuries against the players.

As for Okoye yes he would make an imediate impact on the team and make us a better team right now on defense. He would free up Porter and JT to rush the passter better and easily plug the middle for Zach on the 4-3 times (about 30% of the time). He could be a major impact then with either traylor or Holliday and as he puts on weight he could grow into a NT.

Was Tim Bowens a big impact on Miami when he was drafted? He was NFL DROY after all. This kid is just like Tim Bowens but younger then he was.

My own choice is trade back to around 16-20 and draft Joe Staley. Use the extra 2nd for a Guard like Sears, blalock, Grubbs or Center like Kalil if he is in the 2nd still at pick 40

Swipe Stanton and then pluck some secondary help.

Football is a game won and lost in the trenches if you get the QB time any WR can get open a 1st or a 7th round talent. We have plenty of 2-3 type WRs on this team from Chambers, Booker, Hagan, Hakeem and even Vick has that potential (and good potential returning kicks).

If we go for a WR we need one with a number 1 type potential and I dont see that in Ginn JR at all. Actually I would draft any of the top WRs in this draft before Ginn JR. Be it Bowe, Meachem, CJ, or even Jarrett. I would even consider Rice about the same value, a top of the 2nd to late late 1st (25-35 value for a pick).

Sorry dude, I am completely and utterly against Ginn Jr for his play style, durability and even his past preformances. He is not an endzone threat with the ball, he is a very straight runner and track sprinter type. He is a great KR/PR but you dont draft that in the 1st round. You dont take that even in the 2nd round except rare occasions. I see him at most as a slot WR and a number 2 at best case. Worst case you get a lesser Daunte Hall that is easily injured.

If you hold injurys against players you should not mention Okoye!
He makes your whole point usless.

fullerboy1
04-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Check this out Finfan79 http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreport/dt/amobiokoye.html (http://nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreport/dt/amobiokoye.html)
html (http://nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreport/dt/amobiokoye.html)http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/436548