PDA

View Full Version : The PERFECT 1st day Draft Mock for The Fins'.

Kdawg954
03-23-2007, 11:24 PM
With all the hype surrounding the draft, its hard to believe that this thing is still 5 weeks away. Here is my dream first day for Miami.

**Dolphins trade pick 9 and pick 104 to Green Bay for pick 16 and pick 47 (Green Bay gets Adrian Peterson at 9)**

1 (16) - WR Ted Ginn - Ohio State
2 (40) - C Ryan Kalil - USC
3 (47) - TE Zach Miller - Arizona State
4 (60) - QB Drew Stanton - Michigan State
5 (71) - OG Manuel Ramirez - Texas Tech

5 picks . . . all offense. All fills needs . . . I mean if I watch the draft that Saturday and this is how it shakes down I will be one very happy camper. I know Kalil has snuck up to the late first round or top of the second round . . . but its not out of the question to see him go to 40, just look at Winston Justice last year. Ginn should be there at 16. Zack was the best TE in college football. Stanton is a nice QB prospect to develop and has some intangibles that Quinn doesn't have IMO. And Ramirez is a beast at Guard. Man, I can't wait until the draft.

SpencerFS
03-23-2007, 11:29 PM
like it a lot but not to thrilled with Miller

daniel3
03-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Why a TE and not a DE or LB? Does no one care we have like zero depth at those positions or something?

SR 7
03-23-2007, 11:33 PM
good one but too bad that will NEVER happen. thats ilke putting evreyone a round after htey are due.

zach8111
03-23-2007, 11:38 PM
With all the hype surrounding the draft, its hard to believe that this thing is still 5 weeks away. Here is my dream first day for Miami.

**Dolphins trade pick 9 and pick 104 to Green Bay for pick 16 and pick 47 (Green Bay gets Adrian Peterson at 9)**

5 picks . . . all offense. All fills needs . . . I mean if I watch the draft that Saturday and this is how it shakes down I will be one very happy camper. I know Kalil has snuck up to the late first round or top of the second round . . . but its not out of the question to see him go to 40, just look at Winston Justice last year. Ginn should be there at 16. Zack was the best TE in college football. Stanton is a nice QB prospect to develop and has some intangibles that Quinn doesn't have IMO. And Ramirez is a beast at Guard. Man, I can't wait until the draft.
doubt staton would go that low. he probably will me early-mid 2nd. i am an ohio st fan but ginn cant run routes across the center like jarret. ginn is fast but has hurt ankle, still. jarret has amazing hands too and is fast.

Kdawg954
03-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Why a TE and not a DE or LB? Does no one care we have like zero depth at those positions or something?

Well TE is a need position as well with MArtin's consistent injuries and Zach Miller is the definition of a quality TE. Great hands and better blocking ability than Olsen, we will get some depth on defense on day 2. We still are in contention for Bowens and Spragan to come back to the team. With Spragan and Pope @ LB, I think our depth is fine. We have plenty of young guys on the DLine to give us depth as well. Tho I will agree that if we aren't able to trade w/ Green Bay, I would consider taking a guy like Anderson at 9.

zach8111
03-23-2007, 11:43 PM
i wouldnt be mad to see miller (TE) go to miami

Kdawg954
03-23-2007, 11:44 PM
good one but too bad that will NEVER happen. thats ilke putting evreyone a round after htey are due.

Really? I thought the only wishful thinking pick was possibly Kalil but still wasn't unbelievable. Miller is project to go in the 40's and Stanton is considered by many as a late second round pick and Ramirez is on the rise, but he was originally considered a 4th rounder and I put him in the high part of the third round. I don't think I placed them a round above at all. Its actually close to where they should be outside of Kalil, who might slip if a few other guys slip.

The Confessor
03-23-2007, 11:44 PM
NO
YES
NO
YES
NO
In that order

Phanatical
03-23-2007, 11:54 PM

I would rather take Higgins at 71 than Ginn at 16. His production as a WR was so much better and he returns kicks too. Personally, I think Kalil is overrated b/c of the poor centers out there in the draft this year. He is small and gets pushed around. A TE at 47 is just too high. Stanton is good at 60 if he falls that low. With the lack of QB's this year, he'll probably be gone by then. If the Phins want Stanton they are going to have to pull the trigger in the second round. I don't know much about Ramirez, but I love our current and past Texas Tech players!!! (Zach, Welker, Morris). Also, I would rather draft a LT than a guard. The Phins have plenty of guards right now but nobody that can play LT worth a hoot.

See my 7 round mock in my sig!

Kdawg954
03-23-2007, 11:56 PM
doubt staton would go that low. he probably will me early-mid 2nd. i am an ohio st fan but ginn cant run routes across the center like jarret. ginn is fast but has hurt ankle, still. jarret has amazing hands too and is fast.

Jarrett fast? I guess we will see at his Pro Day . . . but 4.7 to 4.8 speed is not fast, especially for a first round prospect . . . yea Anquan Boldin is a beast, but I don't see Jarrett nowhere near Boldin. The whole point of Ginn is to bring a burner at WR to this team who is a playmaker and can stretch the field . . . bringing speed to this offense. His return ability is just a MUCH welcomed bonus to a team that could really use a boost in the return game.

Stanton is project to go in the mid to late second round, and possible at the top of the third round . . . sure someone may jump up and take him in the first or he may be a third rounder . . . who knows, but its not unreasonable to think he wont be there at 60.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 12:04 AM
I would rather take Higgins at 71 than Ginn at 16. His production as a WR was so much better and he returns kicks too. Personally, I think Kalil is overrated b/c of the poor centers out there in the draft this year. He is small and gets pushed around. A TE at 47 is just too high. Stanton is good at 60 if he falls that low. With the lack of QB's this year, he'll probably be gone by then. If the Phins want Stanton they are going to have to pull the trigger in the second round. I don't know much about Ramirez, but I love our current and past Texas Tech players!!! (Zach, Welker, Morris). Also, I would rather draft a LT than a guard. The Phins have plenty of guards right now but nobody that can play LT worth a hoot.

Sorry, I think Levi is too slow to even be considered LT, let alone take over the position this year. Unless we are considering moving Vernon to LT, Levi is a no go IMO. I'm sorry, I'm stuck on Ginn and I have been for a while . . . the kid is a big time player and has done it on the big stage . . . that is who I want as WR/KR. Miller would be an EXCELLENT pickup . . . we have the injury prone Martin and the killer blocking Justin Peele . . . Zack Miller is an excellent TE prospect . . . maybe not this super athletic hybrid like Winslow . . . but he would solve the TE problems instantly. I would love to get a LT in this draft, but I don't see the value to take one. I wouldn't mind STaley at 40, but I don't think he will be there with the lack of LT prospects.

zach8111
03-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Jarrett fast? I guess we will see at his Pro Day . . . but 4.7 to 4.8 speed is not fast, especially for a first round prospect . . . yea Anquan Boldin is a beast, but I don't see Jarrett nowhere near Boldin. The whole point of Ginn is to bring a burner at WR to this team who is a playmaker and can stretch the field . . . bringing speed to this offense. His return ability is just a MUCH welcomed bonus to a team that could really use a boost in the return game.

Stanton is project to go in the mid to late second round, and possible at the top of the third round . . . sure someone may jump up and take him in the first or he may be a third rounder . . . who knows, but its not unreasonable to think he wont be there at 60.
ginn is a good wr with great speed but jarrett is a great wr with good speed. ginn STILL isnt over his ankle from that KR in the champ game. jarrett runs better routes and has amazing hands. ginn isnt a route runner he just runns past everyone "IN COLLEGE" but in the pros is a different story. and with his ankle not healed yet it might be more serious than a sprain. you need some one with great route running skills. i think ginn would be better back at CB like his early ohio st career.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 12:10 AM
ginn is a good wr with great speed but jarrett is a great wr with good speed. ginn STILL isnt over his ankle from that KR in the champ game. jarrett runs better routes and has amazing hands. ginn isnt a route runner he just runns past everyone "IN COLLEGE" but in the pros is a different story. and with his ankle not healed yet it might be more serious than a sprain. you need some one with great route running skills. i think ginn would be better back at CB like his early ohio st career.

Jarrett doesn't have good speed tho, he is a good route runner . . . but we have seen him before. Hell Mike Williams was considered a better prospect than Jarrett and he let QB josh McNown beat him out on the depth chart. I mean it always seems these big WR's who can "run good routes" are always ending up as busts in this league. Ted Ginn reminds me of Steve Smith comming out of college. To each his own . . . but Ginn would be the biggest IMPACT player at 16 for this team and the type of player that this team has needed for a long time.

Ginn really didn't hurt is ankle on the KR, he hurt it from the celebration when his teammates jumped on him.

The Confessor
03-24-2007, 12:12 AM

Perhaps, but at 4.7 to 4.8 Linebackers in the NFL are going to be able to keep up with him...

As much as I have petitioned against getting Ginn at the 9 (At 15 I would be okay with it), I am against getting Jarrett before the third round.

zach8111
03-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Jarrett doesn't have good speed tho, he is a good route runner . . . but we have seen him before. Hell Mike Williams was considered a better prospect than Jarrett and he let QB josh McNown beat him out on the depth chart. I mean it always seems these big WR's who can "run good routes" are always ending up as busts in this league. Ted Ginn reminds me of Steve Smith comming out of college. To each his own . . . but Ginn would be the biggest IMPACT player at 16 for this team and the type of player that this team has needed for a long time.

Ginn really didn't hurt is ankle on the KR, he hurt it from the celebration when his teammates jumped on him.
Yes the celebration after to KR. those two go together. and what all ginn is gonna do every play run straight out as fast as he can every play. or maybe a curl route. those are the two routes he runs. CBs can watch fill and catch on. dodnt get me wrong i like ginn but id rather take jarrett. ginn everyday is falling back and is almost falling to the second round in many mocks.

zach8111
03-24-2007, 12:18 AM
the corners in the pros are alot faster than the ones in college. he isnt gonna burn them as bad.

SaskFinFan
03-24-2007, 12:42 AM
hate to say it, we talk defence first round if we do not trade up, it will be linebacker or safety.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 12:45 AM
hate to say it, we talk defence first round if we do not trade up, it will be linebacker or safety.

I will be highly PO'd if we go LB or safety in the first round. Safety? are u kidding me? Even LB? we need depth, not a starter right now . . . where is Willis going to play if we draft him? Its not a need, we just need depth there. Dave and Nick were defensive minded coaches . . . CAM is a offensive mastermind, I could see us going offense every pick on the first day. Hell the defense was the number 4 defense last year, and we just got what IMO was the biggest hole filled when we signed Joey Porter. Yea we aren't the youngest defense, but we have some young talented guys all over it. LB will be addressed definitely next year early and possibly on day 2 this year, but I doubt we go there on day one, definitely not in the first day.

AZStryker
03-24-2007, 12:46 AM

No offense, but you have edited that mock at least 5 times and each and every single time it has gotten worse. Absolutely horrid after pick 1.

clbrazee
03-24-2007, 02:28 AM

5 (71) - OG Manuel Ramirez - Texas Tech.

Disagree:

1: OT - Levi Brown (Penn State)
2: Agree
2a: QB Kolb (Houston)
3: WR Higgins (UTEP)
4: CB Anthony Arline (Baylor) or S Dashon Goldson (Was)

RichmondWeb
03-24-2007, 02:42 AM
Dude I think your mock is perfect. I would be thrilled. Nice scenario, nice picks!

RW

DonShula84
03-24-2007, 03:09 AM
I doubt Stanton or Kalil will be available when you have us picking them. But I wouldnt have a problem with that draft at all

Elliott 1
03-24-2007, 07:10 AM

What are you thinking? Zach Miller? C'mon man, we need a tackle.

chewski
03-24-2007, 07:44 AM
if we are sliding all the way back to the 16th pick why isn't greg olsen being mentioned? I'll take him over inn in a heart beat. I also feel you need to mix in a DE/LB in that mix of first day picks.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 08:59 AM
What are you thinking? Zach Miller? C'mon man, we need a tackle.

Yes we need a tackle, but I didn't see the value at any of the picks. We also need a TE and Zach Miller is easily the most seasoned at the position. We can always go tackle on day 2 . . . but it makes no sense to reach on a pick when there are plenty of other needs.

Ginn solves us needing a speedy receiver and a return man and is the homerun hitter of this draft.
Kalil solves the Center position allowing Hadnot to move over to guard
Zach gives us an excellent TE for years to come
Stanton gives us our backup QB of the future
Ramirez gives us another OL prospect who is possibly the strongest person in this draft.

I know what it is tho. People are scared of change. People feel the right side of line was so effective they don't wanna mess with it, so we gotta reach on a tackle prospect who IMO wont even start this year. With this draft we would have:

Carey, Shelton, Hadnot, Alabi, Toledo, Ramirez and Kalil. We can mess around with a few things on this line . . . maybe Shelton can play RT, maybe Carey is the stud LT that we drafted him for, maybe Alabi is the stud some think he is . . . Toledo is a dark horse . . . plus we will draft OL (tackle prospect) on day 2 . . . there are some NICE sleepers to be had in round 6. With the draft I posted, yea it doesn't fix everything . . . but they are all solid value picks who all fill a need.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 09:01 AM
if we are sliding all the way back to the 16th pick why isn't greg olsen being mentioned? I'll take him over inn in a heart beat. I also feel you need to mix in a DE/LB in that mix of first day picks.

Why go with Olsen at 16 when Miller will be there at 47 (most likely). What because he had a 4.5 40 . . . he isn't as good a blocker as Miller and Miller had a MUCH better college career. Not saying if Olsen was there at 47 I wouldn't take him . . . I would, over Miller because of the athleticism he brings . . . but Miller is a quality pick at 47 while Olsen is a reach at 16.

I agree on needing a DE prospect . . . but that can serve as another day 2 pickup . . . we run a 3-4 alot. . so alot of these young DT's we have are going to be able to play a 3-4 DE. I also have said that if weren't able to trade down to 16 . . . at 9 I would have no problems taking a Jamal Anderson.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 09:06 AM
I doubt Stanton or Kalil will be available when you have us picking them. But I wouldnt have a problem with that draft at all

I actually am pretty confident about Stanton being there at 60, Kalil is my concern but I have noticed ALOT of mocks have him going early second round (some in the late 40's). He was a first round prospect for a minute but with some of these cats putting up these sick pro days . . . he keeps getting shuffled. It's not insane at all to think he will be there at 40.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Dude I think your mock is perfect. I would be thrilled. Nice scenario, nice picks!

RW

Thanks, I wanted a DE/LB prospect in there but I couldnt pass up on the picks, we have a stellar defense anyways . . we just need some depth. With all the experience on D, we can afford to take a 6th or 7th rounder and let him learn behind the likes of a Jason Taylor and Zack Thomas.

trate121hb
03-24-2007, 09:12 AM
stanton might need to get picked at 40.......i also would like a CB or S drafted in the 1st day.....i like what we have now but we need more depth and this draft has some gems in the 2nd-3rd round....go find them mueller.....also i dont like making a mock draft with trades to another team.....thats insane.....there aint know way to figure that out correctly...predict what we have now and thats it

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Disagree:

1: OT - Levi Brown (Penn State)
2: Agree
2a: QB Kolb (Houston)
3: WR Higgins (UTEP)
4: CB Anthony Arline (Baylor) or S Dashon Goldson (Was)

Thats cool, I mean I rather Stanton than Kolb . . . and honestly I really wouldn't be upset at taking Levi Brown because it gives us another option at tackle, which is always a good thing. Higgins is talented, I just don't think he will be that game changer that Ted Ginn is, but I would welcome the pick. I really stayed away from Secondary in this draft because we have QUALITY guys back there, people need to realize that. NObody in this draft, outside of Revis, Houston or Hall . . . is gonna come in and take a job away . . . and yea we can draft them for depth purposes . . . but the guys we already have are YOUNG already, and they are still learning.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 09:21 AM
stanton might need to get picked at 40.......i also would like a CB or S drafted in the 1st day.....i like what we have now but we need more depth and this draft has some gems in the 2nd-3rd round....go find them mueller.....also i dont like making a mock draft with trades to another team.....thats insane.....there aint know way to figure that out correctly...predict what we have now and thats it

Ah, thats what everybody does . . . I just wanted to insert a possible trade scenario that isn't insane and run with it. Everybody keeps saying we need more depth but what about the glaring holes we have @ Center, TE (Martin can't be depended on) and at KR/PR/deep threat receiver. CB and safety? We have 3 solid guys at CB and 3 solid guys at S . . . we can afford to take a guy on Day 2 for depth but its not a concern right now IMO. Plus I'm sure we will bring in someone from the June 1st cuts and post draft FA's.

Kdawg954
03-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I don't know about u guys but I wanna compete now, all this crap about drafting Defense early is just silly. We can do that next year. As for this year:

QB - Pep/Green/Carr, Lemon and Stanton (future)
RB - Ronnie, Ricky, Cobbs
FB - Sledge, Eckel
WR - Chambers, Booker, Hagan, Ginn (return specialist), Vick (backup return specialist/emergency QB)
TE - David Martin, Justin Peele and Zach Miller
OL - Alabi, Carey, Shelton, HAdnot, Toledo, Kalil, Ramirez, draft pick/FA, draft pick/FA
DL - JT, Bowens (if he resigns), Roth, Traylor, Holiday, Evans, Rod Wright, Manny Wright, Kevin Vickerson, draft pick/FA (DE prospect)
LB - Zack, JP, CC, Spragan (if he resigns), Pope, draft pick/FA
CB - Will Allen, Goodman, Daniels, Lehan and Mitchell
S - Jason Allen, Bell, Hill, draft pick/FA
K - Feeley
P - Donnie Jones
LS - John Denney

With this roster, next year we would focus more on defense in the draft with the age creeping up, but the D is not a problem with the current draft I mocked (yea I would like a number 1 CB, but we have 3 YOUNG #2's, that ain't bad at all) and the offense would be much more settled with us just having to go tackle sometime in the 2008 draft or bringing in a FA.