PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR 08 Announced, Tony Stewart on Cover (screenshots included)

brandon27
03-24-2007, 01:00 PM
NASCAR and Electronic Arts Inc. announced Thursday that Tony Stewart, driver of the No. 20 Chevrolet, will appear on the cover of NASCAR 08, scheduled for release this summer under the EA SPORTS brand.

Developed by EA Tiburon, NASCAR 08 will be the first of the NASCAR franchise to be made available on the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game system from Microsoft.

About NASCAR 08

Take the wheel and drive your way to the championship in the most realistic NASCAR racing game yet.

As the new rookie driver on the circuit:

• Develop your racing skills to gain licenses and contracts from hungry owners and unlock legendary top performing cars from NASCAR's biggest stars.

• Gain new experiences during every race then modify your car's handling with over 40 tuning options to truly master every track.

• Share your setups with NASCAR's online community, then challenge the field in live races with up to 16 other drivers.

NASCAR 08 will be on store shelves this summer and is rated "E" for (Everyone) by the ESRB. The game will be available on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game system from Microsoft

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/03/22/tstewart.ea.sports.cover/index.html

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/03/nascar0820070323015127692-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/03/nascar0820070323015128692-1.jpg

It's about time!!! I dont know about you guys, but i've been waiting a long, long time for this. I just wish they would start releasing it in January or something BEFORE the season starts like every other sports game rather than halfway through.

Dolfan5000
03-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Not into the sport itself but the games are usually really fun. This one looks like it could be too. Might have to grab this one.

Jt0323
03-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Not a huge fan but used to be....started watching this year again since Dayton...its not as boring as ppl think it is...i mostly watch halfway into it though

Agent51
03-24-2007, 11:01 PM
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/03/22/tstewart.ea.sports.cover/index.html

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s190/123ninja_2007/nascar-08-20070323015127692.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s190/123ninja_2007/nascar-08-20070323015128692.jpg

It's about time!!! I dont know about you guys, but i've been waiting a long, long time for this. I just wish they would start releasing it in January or something BEFORE the season starts like every other sports game rather than halfway through.

FINALLY, I have been waiting for a next-gen NASCAR game, they are fun. I like NASCAR, I'm not a huge fan, but I usually watch the races when they are on (Favorite tracks are Talledega and Bristol). My favorite drivers are Dale Jr. and Kevin Harvick (used to be Dale Sr., RIP).

I see they included the HIDEOUS COT :lol:.

I hope they fixed the crash mechanic though. I HATED in the other ones how you could T-Bone a guy into the wall or even turn and go the wrong way and slam head on into people at 200mph and just crumple the body work but you scrape the wall and your wheel falls off or your engine bursts into flames and your race is done. The worst was the crap usually happened on the last laps, and sometimes I like to do full length races, so it's HIGHLY annoying to be 3 hours into a race at Talledega and scrape the wall with 4 laps left and have my tire fall off or my engine blow up :fire:.

It would also be cool if you could be offered ACTUAL Busch/Cup rides while progressing through your career too. For example, say you are running for an independant team, like you have every other edition (where you sign individual sponsor deals for your car) and you are doing a good job and then a guy from a big team like DEI or Hendrick etc either gets fired for poor performance, changes teams for more money, or retires. That would leave his ride open, and offers should be made to you. Your performance would depend on the quality of the offers, so if you are maybe avergae or slightly below you might only get offers from Waltrip Racing, but if you are tearing it up you might get offers from Hendrick Motorsports for example. It would be cool to take over famous rides like Dale Jarrett's UPS ride or Jimmy Johnson's Lowes car etc.

BTW, why the hell is Tony Stewart on the cover, he didn't even MAKE the Chase last year :confused: I like Tony, but don't you think the defending champ should be there?

theghost
03-24-2007, 11:11 PM
I can't wait.

banzaitrey
03-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Been waiting for this to come out for 360...Should be an awesome game

brandon27
03-25-2007, 02:19 AM
FINALLY, I have been waiting for a next-gen NASCAR game, they are fun. I like NASCAR, I'm not a huge fan, but I usually watch the races when they are on (Favorite tracks are Talledega and Bristol). My favorite drivers are Dale Jr. and Kevin Harvick (used to be Dale Sr., RIP).

I see they included the HIDEOUS COT :lol:.

I hope they fixed the crash mechanic though. I HATED in the other ones how you could T-Bone a guy into the wall or even turn and go the wrong way and slam head on into people at 200mph and just crumple the body work but you scrape the wall and your wheel falls off or your engine bursts into flames and your race is done. The worst was the crap usually happened on the last laps, and sometimes I like to do full length races, so it's HIGHLY annoying to be 3 hours into a race at Talledega and scrape the wall with 4 laps left and have my tire fall off or my engine blow up :fire:.

It would also be cool if you could be offered ACTUAL Busch/Cup rides while progressing through your career too. For example, say you are running for an independant team, like you have every other edition (where you sign individual sponsor deals for your car) and you are doing a good job and then a guy from a big team like DEI or Hendrick etc either gets fired for poor performance, changes teams for more money, or retires. That would leave his ride open, and offers should be made to you. Your performance would depend on the quality of the offers, so if you are maybe avergae or slightly below you might only get offers from Waltrip Racing, but if you are tearing it up you might get offers from Hendrick Motorsports for example. It would be cool to take over famous rides like Dale Jarrett's UPS ride or Jimmy Johnson's Lowes car etc.

BTW, why the hell is Tony Stewart on the cover, he didn't even MAKE the Chase last year :confused: I like Tony, but don't you think the defending champ should be there?

I also disagree with him being the cover choice... but i think its based on popularity.. he's always crying out.. for good or bad... he never seems to shut up. im surprised that he is the choice too though..

and other than the rear wing... i dont find the COT to be to bad. it looks more like a real car than a "race car" aside from the front splitter (which u dont noticemuch witht he individual paint jobs) and the rear wing... the wing will take alot to get used to i think... i watch the happy hour practice this morning and had a real ahrd time with that splitter

Agent51
03-25-2007, 02:43 PM
I also disagree with him being the cover choice... but i think its based on popularity.. he's always crying out.. for good or bad... he never seems to shut up. im surprised that he is the choice too though..

and other than the rear wing... i dont find the COT to be to bad. it looks more like a real car than a "race car" aside from the front splitter (which u dont noticemuch witht he individual paint jobs) and the rear wing... the wing will take alot to get used to i think... i watch the happy hour practice this morning and had a real ahrd time with that splitter

I agree, it definately looks like more of a "real" car, but that is my problem with it. I am a fan of the "sleek and sexy" look of the current cars. I think they look fast, and they look like race cars. These new ones look like what you see at the local track on Saturday night, just with fancy sponsor paintjobs. When I watch NASCAR I want to have the feeling that I am watching professionals in very expensive high-end race cars, not like I'm watching a local track race where dudes just drive street cars with rollcages. That, combined with the "boxy" look makes me hate it, although I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Also, why the hell are they having Bristol be the first COT race? The track will prove NOTHING for these cars, and they are just going to get torn to shreds. I guess it's the best track to test the new safety measures though.

brandon27
03-25-2007, 10:17 PM
I agree, it definately looks like more of a "real" car, but that is my problem with it. I am a fan of the "sleek and sexy" look of the current cars. I think they look fast, and they look like race cars. These new ones look like what you see at the local track on Saturday night, just with fancy sponsor paintjobs. When I watch NASCAR I want to have the feeling that I am watching professionals in very expensive high-end race cars, not like I'm watching a local track race where dudes just drive street cars with rollcages. That, combined with the "boxy" look makes me hate it, although I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Also, why the hell are they having Bristol be the first COT race? The track will prove NOTHING for these cars, and they are just going to get torn to shreds. I guess it's the best track to test the new safety measures though.

I think I like the new car, for the same reasons you dislike it. haha the bigger boxier car makes me seem more to me like an actual stock car again. While I know theres nothing stock about them, it just gives that feeling to it. Oh well.

As for the choice for Bristol... I wondered why as well. Then Martinsville next week too... theres going to be an awful lot of torn up race cars. The pheonix race should be the first test for it... but the REAL test for it is going to be at Talladega.

I didnt even notice the new car really once the race got going on. No big deal anymore to me. As long as the racing is still going to be good.. thats all I care about.

As for the game... I still cant wait. haha

rob19
03-25-2007, 11:01 PM
are... you... serious?... they have a nascar.... game?...

Agent51
03-26-2007, 03:50 AM
I think I like the new car, for the same reasons you dislike it. haha the bigger boxier car makes me seem more to me like an actual stock car again. While I know theres nothing stock about them, it just gives that feeling to it. Oh well.

As for the choice for Bristol... I wondered why as well. Then Martinsville next week too... theres going to be an awful lot of torn up race cars. The pheonix race should be the first test for it... but the REAL test for it is going to be at Talladega.

I didnt even notice the new car really once the race got going on. No big deal anymore to me. As long as the racing is still going to be good.. thats all I care about.

As for the game... I still cant wait. haha

OK, that wasn't as painful as I thought. I was used to it by the end, I still think they look like the ******* child of a stock car and the NASCAR trucks, but by the end of the race I found myself focusing on the racing and not the car looks.

One thing I did notice it when these COTs crash there is a LOT more debris than when the others crash. TONS of tiny pieces go everywhere when the front part smashes something, and the trunks go popping off left and right. I'm a firm believer in the "rubbin is racin" slogan, and I just hope these cars can hold up to that because I don't want to see drivers focusing all their energy on avoiding even the little taps just so the car doesn't break. I LIKE when there is bumping and nudging people out of the way. A big problem with these seems to be the splitter (or whatever that thing on the front is called) sticks out past the body so when it scrapes a tire on another drivers car it cuts the tire. That's no good, that doesn't really allow for contact period. Todays race just didn't seem the same contact-wise. Bristol is tied with Talledega for my favorite track because there is a lot of contact. Not huge crashes, but a lot of physical racing, and that seemed absent today compared to years past.

brandon27
03-26-2007, 07:40 AM
OK, that wasn't as painful as I thought. I was used to it by the end, I still think they look like the ******* child of a stock car and the NASCAR trucks, but by the end of the race I found myself focusing on the racing and not the car looks.

One thing I did notice it when these COTs crash there is a LOT more debris than when the others crash. TONS of tiny pieces go everywhere when the front part smashes something, and the trunks go popping off left and right. I'm a firm believer in the "rubbin is racin" slogan, and I just hope these cars can hold up to that because I don't want to see drivers focusing all their energy on avoiding even the little taps just so the car doesn't break. I LIKE when there is bumping and nudging people out of the way. A big problem with these seems to be the splitter (or whatever that thing on the front is called) sticks out past the body so when it scrapes a tire on another drivers car it cuts the tire. That's no good, that doesn't really allow for contact period. Todays race just didn't seem the same contact-wise. Bristol is tied with Talledega for my favorite track because there is a lot of contact. Not huge crashes, but a lot of physical racing, and that seemed absent today compared to years past.

yeah, there definately was less contact than previous bristol races. I think alot of it had to do with the big unknown still. Not knowing how strong the front of that car would be and whether or not you could bump into someone and not break it. My guess is by next week at martinsville we'll see a little more contact, and when we return to both of these places in the fall, ALOT more contact. I've got a feeling theyre going to do something about that splitter too though. at least round it off so its even with the bumper itself instead of it sticking out several inches on the corners. That is going to cause alot of problems down the road. As for the debris, yeah i noticed alot more small pieces as well. I didnt know if it was the new car, or the fact that I watched my first race in HD on my new tv so i just noticed it more. hah