PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards could be 3rd QB taken

tylerdolphin
03-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Multiple league insiders are talking about Stanford quarterback Trent Edwards, who could challenge Michigan State quarterback Drew Stanton to be the third signal-caller whose name is called out on draft day.
Though it's hard to sift through the smoke this time of year, some teams privately claim that Edwards won't make it to round two.
At least one offensive coordinator, we're told, prefers Edwards to Brady Quinn.
The problem is that Edwards, like Jay Cutler a year before, played for a college team that wasn't very good. Edwards' stock also has been limited by a foot injury that knocked him out of the back end of the 2006 season, and that kept him from participating in any postseason all-star games.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Sounds interesting. If he really is pretty good (I never heard of him before this article) and is there for our 2nd round pick, we could have our QB. Does anyone here know a lot about Edwards?

alen1
03-24-2007, 01:48 PM
i heard he was really good but not better than stanton and surely not better than quinn...... if hes that good then take him. i also heard he will b in round three, i doubt he goes in first round

dlockz
03-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Edwards has alot of talent just played on some crap teams. Would be very happy if he was a phin.

jlfin
03-24-2007, 10:21 PM
i heard he was really good but not better than stanton and surely not better than quinn...... if hes that good then take him. i also heard he will b in round three, i doubt he goes in first round

Hard to say because he played with little supporting cast. I presume that Mueller has studied the top QB's extensively and is going to draft one of them the 1st day.
The Phins FO has been mum on issues regarding the QB's so as not to tempt another team to trade up and grab a QB they have their eye on.

Boone
03-24-2007, 11:06 PM
I expect Kolb to be the 3rd QB selected...

Regan21286
03-24-2007, 11:28 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Sounds interesting. If he really is pretty good (I never heard of him before this article) and is there for our 2nd round pick, we could have our QB. Does anyone here know a lot about Edwards?

I'm no Edwards fan. He's been just as horrible as his team unlike Cutler who was better than the team he was on. I've had the chance to see him play twice and it's enough for me to want to see Ray Lucas. It's that bad.

At least one offensive coordinator, we're told, prefers Edwards to Brady Quinn.

Well, I'm glad that's no one on our team because we don't have an official offensive coordinator. Any coordinator who says that is on crack and is lucky the NFL doesn't test coaches for illegal substances.

uga3406
03-25-2007, 12:27 AM
i like what he brings to the table..he is injury prone but would be ideal qb to be groomed in 2 years to be a starter

SR 7
03-25-2007, 05:43 AM
swhose that future qb in ur sig? kolb?

uga3406
03-25-2007, 09:34 AM
thats edwards

Vertical Limit
03-25-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm no Edwards fan. He's been just as horrible as his team unlike Cutler who was better than the team he was on. I've had the chance to see him play twice and it's enough for me to want to see Ray Lucas. It's that bad.

Well, I'm glad that's no one on our team because we don't have an official offensive coordinator. Any coordinator who says that is on crack and is lucky the NFL doesn't test coaches for illegal substances.
:lol: :lol:

musphinzfan
03-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Edwards throwing motion is very wierd...I dont think i have ever seen a QB throw like him.

I wouldnt even consider drafting this guy.

phinsfan1221
03-25-2007, 10:28 AM
http://www.nflfans.com/x/2007/showplayer.php?key=Trent%20Edwards one boards veiw of him the problem i see is he got banged up playing on a lousy stanford team , dont realy no if he would be great with better talent around him, has great size, to me he is a gamble and could be great and if we miss out early on a QB and he's there in 3rd i say take him. i think stanton will be the 3rd QB taken followed by kolb

OneHondo
03-25-2007, 01:26 PM
One thing I really believe is that as long as Mueller is handling the draft and personnel decisions, the Dolphins will always be looking at quarterbacks. I hope we never revert back to trying to salvage quarterbacks from some other teams roster to be our franchise QB.
I hope we can land Quinn, Stanton or Kolb.

trey
03-28-2007, 11:41 PM
NFL's Gil Brandt has Edwards 25th in latest nifty fifty list on NFL.com. Stanton and Kolb didn't make the list. Quinn's ahead of Russell. Edwards hit 47 out of 50 on a rainy Pro Day so he's probably going in the 2nd round. NFL guys are high on him but his senior year was a bust with injuries.

Phanatical
03-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Troy Smith is the QB for Cam's system.

VT Dolphan
03-28-2007, 11:51 PM
I'd be surprised if he overtakes Stanton, but it seems that he has really cemented himself as the fourth best QB prospect in this draft. Probably worked his way up to a late second rounder now.

Danny
03-29-2007, 12:09 AM
I still think Stanton will be the 3rd QB taken and I'd be happy if we got him....Kolb and Beck are the 2 other guys I like a little later on...either way I'm pretty sure that Cam and Muller will draft one of them on day 1.

Ozzy rules!!

showstopper
03-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Would love to hear BOOMER's opinion on this.

Crowder52
03-29-2007, 10:55 AM

Nice, you must be an expert after seeing him twice.

No, he's not just as horrible as his team. This previous season, Stanford's #1 through #3 WRs were injured and the O-Line was porous. His junior year, the O-Line started 2 freshman and the #1 WR was injured again (his name is Evan Moore). He had less talent around him than Cutler (which is saying a lot) and he managed to put together some decent stats given the team he was on.

Regan21286
03-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Nice, you must be an expert after seeing him twice.

No, he's not just as horrible as his team. This previous season, Stanford's #1 through #3 WRs were injured and the O-Line was porous. His junior year, the O-Line started 2 freshman and the #1 WR was injured again (his name is Evan Moore). He had less talent around him than Cutler (which is saying a lot) and he managed to put together some decent stats given the team he was on.

Twice in person, the rest of the games I see here and there since he's a division rival, though not much of one anyways.

Cutler had worse. And still outperformed Edwards.

Crowder52
03-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Twice in person, the rest of the games I see here and there since he's a division rival, though not much of one anyways.

Cutler had worse. And still outperformed Edwards.

Stanford is much worse than Vanderbilt, I think we can all agree on that. And yeah, Cutler did outperform Edwards...that's why he went in the top half of the first round and Edwards is a projected 3rd rounder. I'm impressed with what Edwards did on that team, that's my point. Comparing him to Cutler is kind of foolish.

fastball83
03-29-2007, 02:02 PM
edwards seems interesting IMO

Roman529
03-29-2007, 02:15 PM
I expect Kolb to be the 3rd QB selected...

I agree with you Boone....I think the QB draft order will be:

1. Russell
2. Quinn
3. Kolb.........Dolphin's with the 60th pick take him??
4. Edwards
5. Stanton

Mike13
03-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Whats so special about him?