PDA

View Full Version : GRAW 2 vs Rainbow 6 Vegas

Dubfire
03-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Huge Rainbow six fan from back in the day, but I have heard and seen some amazing things about GRAW2.

An unlike 99% of you, I have not played either. Having blasted through GoW, I'm looking for another shooter to get into.

I know both of these are tactical and I kinda like that. So which should I get and why?

Cool Calm Mike
03-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I read you can't go wrong either way.

I don't know which to choose.

Ns2003
03-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah bro according to friends of mines who have played GRAW2, its awesome. But when I dl-ed the demo (i understand its a demo indeed but still) i didn't like it because it was "too slow" for my taste, the guys walk too slow and generally the game just played slow. Now on the other hand, i have RB6V and IMO its a great game, very balanced, fun, and realistic. So IMO go with RB6, but also understand i haven't played the full version of GRAW2. Just my 2 cents.

Stitches
03-24-2007, 05:38 PM
I haven't played GRAW2, but the first was/is sweet. I have Vegas, and that game is amazing too.

FinsNCanes
03-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Both good games.

I usually buy games for multiplayer. I kind of missed the "hay day" of RB6 online (I think) so I'm gonna get GRAW 2.

RB6 is more close quarter combat as where GRAW is similiar to SOCOM. Just get GRAW so I can kill you.

banzaitrey
03-24-2007, 06:46 PM
I play R6V all the time and I personally like it better the GRAW2

Dubfire
03-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Both good games.

I usually buy games for multiplayer. I kind of missed the "hay day" of RB6 online (I think) so I'm gonna get GRAW 2.

RB6 is more close quarter combat as where GRAW is similiar to SOCOM. Just get GRAW so I can kill you.

Blah blah blah blah....

All you do is talk but I have yet to see you willing to or showing that you can back it up.:sidelol:

Boston
03-24-2007, 08:05 PM
I have been a fan of Ghost Recon since the first game on Xbox. And a fan of Rainbow 6 since the first one on the computer. And i say get both, they are the same yet so differnt. Graws tactical... slower. and Rainbow is get the objective done shoot the bad guys. Rent both and you decide.

Cool Calm Mike
03-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Which game is more like SOCOM, as far as multi-player?

Boston
03-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Graw

Dubfire
03-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I knew I could count on you.

I think this is one of those situations where you have to get both. Both games are good for different reeasons. I hear the multiplayer on Graw is damn near as close to perfection as there is.

FinsNCanes
03-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Which game is more like SOCOM, as far as multi-player?

I personally think GRAW is..

SOCOM was badass :cooldude:

Cool Calm Mike
03-24-2007, 09:05 PM
I personally think GRAW is..

SOCOM was badass :cooldude:

SOCOM 2 was the best online game I've ever played. But, SOCOM 3 was just plain garbage.

I don't know why they changed it so much from 2 to 3. They ruined that game.

UltraDol-Fan
03-26-2007, 09:46 AM
I actually like Vegas for multiplayer and GRAW 2 for single player. The multiplayer games I played for GRAW 2 were filled with spawncamping

Dubfire
03-26-2007, 10:09 AM
I actually like Vegas for multiplayer and GRAW 2 for single player. The multiplayer games I played for GRAW 2 were filled with spawncamping

Really?

Damn that sucks. If thats the case then I'm leaning towards RB6 heavily now. I was leaning toward Graw2 strictly for it's multiplayer as I hear the campaign is very short and nothing to write home about.

Has anything been done to address those issues that you know of?

UltraDol-Fan
03-26-2007, 11:21 AM
no, I stopped playing it after that. I'm sure someone here who plays it online can chime in. I have alot of friends on my list that just play GRAW 2 online, so it can't be that bad, but any kind of spawnkilling turns me off, especially after GRAW 1 where that's what the whole game turned into

StormSurge
03-26-2007, 02:25 PM
I've only played R6:V, but many of my friends have played both. Opinion is split, but the opinions I trust more give R6:V the nod big time.

Dubfire
03-26-2007, 02:55 PM
no, I stopped playing it after that. I'm sure someone here who plays it online can chime in. I have alot of friends on my list that just play GRAW 2 online, so it can't be that bad, but any kind of spawnkilling turns me off, especially after GRAW 1 where that's what the whole game turned into

I guess it's a tough issue to fix. You can always randomize it the best you can but eventually people will figure it out. There has to be a way stop it though since it really makes the online experience very unenjoyable. And I really do not understand the satisfaction people get in doing that.

I love playing shooters but I tend to stay away from them online for these types of reasons. It sucks because other than Tiger and the occasional RPG/Adventure game, shooters are my favorite genre to play.

UltraDol-Fan
03-26-2007, 04:53 PM
I guess it's a tough issue to fix. You can always randomize it the best you can but eventually people will figure it out. There has to be a way stop it though since it really makes the online experience very unenjoyable. And I really do not understand the satisfaction people get in doing that.

I love playing shooters but I tend to stay away from them online for these types of reasons. It sucks because other than Tiger and the occasional RPG/Adventure game, shooters are my favorite genre to play.

Shooters are definitely my favorite to play online, and Vegas has done the best so far IMO, it is still possible to pushed back into your spawn on some maps but it just takes a little teamwork to get out again. Basically they give you like 5 seconds of invulnerablility.

Nappy Roots
03-26-2007, 05:22 PM
i dont like graw at all multiplayer. you cant see the gun, all you see is the circle. you cant hide or lean up against the wall.

Cool Calm Mike
03-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Wow, GRAW beats the hell out of Socom. Online is great.

StormSurge
03-27-2007, 09:18 AM
i dont like graw at all multiplayer. you cant see the gun, all you see is the circle. you cant hide or lean up against the wall.

The lack of being able to take cover was the main complaint I heard from my friends when comparing the two games.

!!Wolf!!
04-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Got both...I like GRAWs single player but RSVs online multiplayer is great. Everything you do in the single player mode, you do online. GRAW doesn't let you take cover...how tactical is that? Cover and Concealment is key.