PDA

View Full Version : How about this!!

Dolphins7213
03-26-2007, 10:17 AM
We trade down 2 times in the first round from 9 to 14 then 14 to 21 pick and draft Joe Staley and then with picking up extra picks use the next pick on Kalil or satele to sure up the line...Hopefully with moving down twice we can acquire two more second round picks to give us a total of (4) 2nd round picks ..
so we would have
1st round the 21st pick
2nd round 4 picks
3rd round 1 pick
4th round 3 picks 2 from trading down twice
5 rd 1 pick
6-- 2 picks if big daddy shows up
7-- 2 picks i from NE for welker

cnc66
03-26-2007, 10:21 AM
wow...and how do you get these other teams to play? what are you offering THEM to let US make the switch....

Dolphins7213
03-26-2007, 10:36 AM
wow...and how do you get these other teams to play? what are you offering THEM to let US make the switch....

ok maybe one less 2nd and pick up an extra 3rd

miamiron
03-26-2007, 11:42 AM
and how many times in the past has that exact scenerio taken place???
about as many times as it will take place in the future

zach8111
03-26-2007, 11:45 AM
We trade down 2 times in the first round from 9 to 14 then 14 to 21 pick and draft Joe Staley and then with picking up extra picks use the next pick on Kalil or satele to sure up the line...Hopefully with moving down twice we can acquire two more second round picks to give us a total of (4) 2nd round picks ..
so we would have
1st round the 21st pick
2nd round 4 picks
3rd round 1 pick
5 rd 1 pick
only one problem with that. You can only have 10 PICKS IN THE DRAFT.

primetime23
03-27-2007, 04:33 AM
i dont like the 10 limit draft picks

Stitches
03-27-2007, 07:54 AM
It's a 12 pick limit, not 10.

Boomer
03-27-2007, 08:04 AM
I think there's more chance of us drafting Levi Brown and Josh Beekman to play LT and OC respectively.

PHINSfan
03-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Boomer you think Beekman can come in and start over Hadnot?

Boomer
03-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Yep.

PHINSfan
03-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Yep.
Wow....i must get a hold of some Boston College games and pay close attention to this guy.
Thanks Simon!

retarmyfinfan
03-27-2007, 09:02 AM
so we would have
1st round the 21st pick
2nd round 4 picks
3rd round 1 pick
5 rd 1 pick

It's extremely hard to find someone to trade down to start with. I can't even remember a draft where somebody traded down twice in the 1st round or for that matter if it was ever done. Who are your potential trading partners? Do you have any reason to believe someone would do that? Something had to give you that idea. Feel free to share.

Boomer
03-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Wow....i must get a hold of some Boston College games and pay close attention to this guy.
Thanks Simon!

No worries.

Listen, if Hadnot were that good, why are we talking every year about bringing in a player to replace him? Beekman is a 3 year starter - albeit mainly at RG - on one of the consistently best OL's in the country at BC. He's huge, has great technique, knee bender, great hands, huge drive blocker, etc. His feet are not the best in terms of getting to the 2nd level like Kalil, but he's a big talent.

Dolfan11
03-27-2007, 09:20 AM
I think there's more chance of us drafting Levi Brown and Josh Beekman to play LT and OC respectively.

YES! He's has a 3rd round grade right?

1 - Levi Brown
2 - Marcus McCauley
2 - Jason Hill
3 - Josh Beekman
4 - Troy Smith/Trent Edwards (don't think either or will last this long, but just incase)

Danny
03-27-2007, 02:04 PM
so we would have
1st round the 21st pick
2nd round 4 picks
3rd round 1 pick
5 rd 1 pick

Here's what I think...you have way too much time on your hands.....:sidelol:

Ozzy rules!!

cowtowndick
03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
It's extremely hard to find someone to trade down to start with. I can't even remember a draft where somebody traded down twice in the 1st round or for that matter if it was ever done. Who are your potential trading partners? Do you have any reason to believe someone would do that? Something had to give you that idea. Feel free to share.

well here's the first trade down that is entire plausible (though it does depend upon a very specific set of circumstances). let's assume that quinn and brown (two draft possibilities everyone has been talking about for MIA at #9) are gone, as is adrian peterson. buffalo and green bay are both in dire need of help at running back, and there's only one surefire first round running back left - marshawn lynch (come to think of it, houston could use the help at rb as well). lynch might make it past HOU, but he won't make it past BUF. so, maybe GB picks up the phone and offers their # 2 pick to switch with MIA, #9 for #16. the draft pick value chart has #16 + #47 (GB's pick in the second) = 1430 pts, and the #9 is worth 1350 pts. so GB pays a bit of a premium to move up to draft lynch. it's actually pretty plausible and simple, but it does depend on how picks #1 - #8 fall, which is why nothing will happen until the Fins are on the clock.

Skeet84
03-27-2007, 02:25 PM
There is no way we trade that much in the first round and also we would still be reaching for Staley. I would love to trade down and select Reggie Nelson tho. I have never season a saftey effect a team more than him. No one!

cowtowndick
03-27-2007, 03:30 PM
well here's the first trade down that is entire plausible (though it does depend upon a very specific set of circumstances). let's assume that quinn and brown (two draft possibilities everyone has been talking about for MIA at #9) are gone, as is adrian peterson. buffalo and green bay are both in dire need of help at running back, and there's only one surefire first round running back left - marshawn lynch (come to think of it, houston could use the help at rb as well). lynch might make it past HOU, but he won't make it past BUF. so, maybe GB picks up the phone and offers their # 2 pick to switch with MIA, #9 for #16. the draft pick value chart has #16 + #47 (GB's pick in the second) = 1430 pts, and the #9 is worth 1350 pts. so GB pays a bit of a premium to move up to draft lynch. it's actually pretty plausible and simple, but it does depend on how picks #1 - #8 fall, which is why nothing will happen until the Fins are on the clock.

so, now for the second trade....we now sit at #16, after the deal with GB. on a lot of prospect rankings, i've seen greg olsen, te. also, paul posluszny, lb. who's in the market for a pass catching te of olsen's calibre, or a lb? for olsen, cincy (#18), nyj (#25), phil (#26), no (#27). so nyj, phil and no are candidates to jump ahead of cincy. for posluszny, cin again (#18), nyg (#20), ne (#24), nyj (#25), no (26). so again, nyg, ne, nyj and no are candidates to move up to # 16 in exchange for a second round pick.

so, i guess it's possible to trade down twice in round one. it's unlikely but it's not ridiculous. it depends entirely on how the draft falls, and also depends if particular teams are targetting particular players. fun to discuss.

VT Dolphan
03-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Please no more mock drafts with 10+ picks people, getting a little old.

Stitches
03-27-2007, 04:45 PM
YES! He's has a 3rd round grade right?

1 - Levi Brown
2 - Marcus McCauley
2 - Jason Hill
3 - Josh Beekman
4 - Troy Smith/Trent Edwards (don't think either or will last this long, but just incase)

Beekman is a 2nd rounder at this point IMO. I think we'd have to use #60 on him.