PDA

View Full Version : Center Prospects

dibo5914
03-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Does anyone know if the Dolphins have shown interest/ interviewed with any prospects at Center? Kalil, Satele, Datish or later round guys?

Motion
03-26-2007, 12:07 PM
I would hope so. I'd love to have Kahlil.

Boomer
03-26-2007, 02:00 PM
They probably haven't spoken to Kalil simply because they know all they need to know about him from Tim Davis who was Ryan's position coach at USC. I think they would like Alleman at C and they've been all over him. There's some late round/FA guys that are G's that they are probably looking at as potential candidates inside. Nothing concrete on big Samson or Datish.

Borat
03-26-2007, 02:30 PM
They probably haven't spoken to Kalil simply because they know all they need to know about him from Tim Davis who was Ryan's position coach at USC. I think they would like Alleman at C and they've been all over him. There's some late round/FA guys that are G's that they are probably looking at as potential candidates inside. Nothing concrete on big Samson or Datish.

I agree with Boomer.. Looks like they are targetting Alleman from what I've read..

Some of the guys they've been looking at for the later rounds are Corey Hilliard out of Oklahoma State and Kurt Quarterman out of Louisville

Mike13
03-26-2007, 02:32 PM
I'd kill to get Kalil.

PHINSfan
03-26-2007, 03:38 PM
From what I've heard they've spoken to Andy Alleman (and like Simon says, they're looking at his as a Center) and also they've spoken to Samson Satele.

miamiron
03-26-2007, 03:59 PM
ALSO ADD
Dan Mozes
Josh Beekman
Enoka Lucas
Dustin Fry
Drew Mormino
and last but not least whom everyone seems to forget
Kyle Young 6'5" 354lbs sure fits the mold of HH with huge offensive lineman
Extremly strong and physical,has a nasty demeanor and will not be pushed around,has a killer instinct,versitale and durable has been a starter for 4 years,tons of experience,his coaches speak highly of his work and intangables,Excellent awareness and very high football IQ,A CLASSIC MAULER
could also play guard,right tackle...He was suspended his senior year because he stopped going to class so since then his draft status has been dropping but this is someone with a chip on his shoulder who could prove everyone wrong and will be available in the latter part of day 2...possible 6th round pick with someone who at one time was regarded as one of the best centers in colllege football...Would I take a chance with a 6th round pick...
you bet ya I would!!!

Jaj
03-26-2007, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't, he showed up ridiculously out of shape for the combine and was pathetic.

Houck likes people who are big and can move not just big guys.

Geforce
03-26-2007, 04:49 PM
ALSO ADD
Dan Mozes
Josh Beekman
Enoka Lucas
Dustin Fry
Drew Mormino
and last but not least whom everyone seems to forget
Kyle Young 6'5" 354lbs sure fits the mold of HH with huge offensive lineman
Extremly strong and physical,has a nasty demeanor and will not be pushed around,has a killer instinct,versitale and durable has been a starter for 4 years,tons of experience,his coaches speak highly of his work and intangables,Excellent awareness and very high football IQ,A CLASSIC MAULER
could also play guard,right tackle...He was suspended his senior year because he stopped going to class so since then his draft status has been dropping but this is someone with a chip on his shoulder who could prove everyone wrong and will be available in the latter part of day 2...possible 6th round pick with someone who at one time was regarded as one of the best centers in colllege football...Would I take a chance with a 6th round pick...
you bet ya I would!!!

I highly doubt Young could play right tackle. He's neither quick enough nor agile to play in space. Not to mention his pro day left a lot to be desired.

Geforce
03-26-2007, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't, he showed up ridiculously out of shape for the combine and was pathetic.

Houck likes people who are big and can move not just big guys.

He wasn't invited to the combine.

Boomer
03-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Young won't be drafted. He was an embarrassment to football at his pro day.

Jaj
03-26-2007, 05:11 PM
He wasn't invited to the combine.

Hmmm who I was thinking of....???

Ah it was his Pro Day, I remembered him being pathetic at something.

He can't move, that's it...

Geforce
03-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Hmmm who I was thinking of....???

Ah it was his Pro Day, I remembered him being pathetic at something.

He can't move, that's it...

His Pro Day was definitely pathetic
6'5" 353 about 23 pounds heavier than his playing weight.

40-yard dash: 5.58
10-yard split: 1.96 one of the slowest splits tested this year.
20-yard split: 3.32

short shuttle: 5.07
3-cone drill: 8.40
bench press: 23 which is about the middle of the pack

vertical jump: 25"
broad jump: 7'5"

Jaj
03-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Abominal.

finfan54
03-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Dont get caught up in who we talked to. Every year we hear about all these guys we talked to and never end up with them.

Skeet84
03-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I see us taking Lineman in the later rounds.

Skeet84
03-26-2007, 10:02 PM

Yikes that is pretty bad!

Paul 13
03-26-2007, 10:55 PM

8.4 for the 3-cone!? What, did he stop to eat them on the way thinking they were ice cream cones!?!? Sadly, I think he is more ups (25") than me...

PHINSfan
03-27-2007, 03:41 AM
I wonder if C Young has some type of psychiatric problems (depression?) similar to Manny, Clarret? In his senior season he stopped going to school??
Then on his pro day (the only time he has to impress team reps) he shows up completely out of shape.

Lederhosen
03-27-2007, 10:53 AM
I wonder if C Young has some type of psychiatric problems (depression?) similar to Manny, Clarret? In his senior season he stopped going to school??
Then on his pro day (the only time he has to impress team reps) he shows up completely out of shape.
maybe he is just lazy and had lots of false friends telling him how great he is and that is what he heart all the time during high school. Some people are just too stupid to recognize the opportunity, you do not need psychiatric problems for that :goof:

Finole
03-27-2007, 12:51 PM

What makes you think Alleman can play Center?

By all acounts, he is very raw. Only two years experience. He played on the d-line for two years before switching to the o-line. He's still learning the Guard position let alone Center. He is a workout warrior, but does that translate to the football field? I don't know. Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't. Every player is different in that regard. I will say that Alleman seems to have plenty of upside, but I don't see him playing Center in the NFL next year.

Doug Datish, on the other hand, could probably start right away. And the Fins might be able to get him in the 4th round.

Finole
03-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Dont get caught up in who we talked to. Every year we hear about all these guys we talked to and never end up with them.

Good point.

Does anybody know if we talked to Jason Allen prior to the draft last year?

DreamWeaver
03-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Young won't be drafted. He was an embarrassment to football at his pro day.

Wow! That is hardcore! an you give some details?

columbuslarry
03-27-2007, 12:59 PM
I think Dan mozes could be a great pick late he blew holes open for West Virginia and that running game three year starter I was kind of suprised no one was talking about him whats the knock on him.

Roman529
03-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Doug Datish, Ohio State, would be a nice pick.....he is bigger and has longer arms than Satele, but Satele would be good as well. I think Khalil will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd round.

Boomer
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
What makes you think Alleman can play Center?

By all acounts, he is very raw. Only two years experience. He played on the d-line for two years before switching to the o-line. He's still learning the Guard position let alone Center. He is a workout warrior, but does that translate to the football field? I don't know. Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't. Every player is different in that regard. I will say that Alleman seems to have plenty of upside, but I don't see him playing Center in the NFL next year.

Doug Datish, on the other hand, could probably start right away. And the Fins might be able to get him in the 4th round.

I just made it up.

Actually, Houck, who went to the Zips Pro Day himself, discussed the drafting of Alleman and the subsequent moving of him to the middle.

This is how I know.

Scheaff62
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Boomer are you still there. I have a question about a kid I know. Jake Kuresa played at BYU and the scouts project him at guard. He was a four year starter and I believe a very good prospect for the dolphins. He has gotten in very good shape and weighed in at the pro day at 322 lbs. He has flown under the rader and may be a late round pick or go undrafted. Do you have any information on him?

Jaj
03-27-2007, 07:45 PM
I just made it up.

Actually, Houck, who went to the Zips Pro Day himself, discussed the drafting of Alleman and the subsequent moving of him to the middle.

This is how I know.

Very rare by the finding a starting center especially one who was a guard previously. I'd like to stick with Hadnot for another year and maybe get him to lose a little weight to around 310. Could do wonders for him...

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
03-27-2007, 07:50 PM
I think Dan mozes could be a great pick late he blew holes open for West Virginia and that running game three year starter I was kind of suprised no one was talking about him whats the knock on him.

Very much agreed. I've been pulling for this guy to get drafted since college football ended a couple months ago. He's like 6'2-6'3 and around 300 lbs. He won the Rimmington trophy for the best center in college football. Can definitely pick him up in round 4 or 5.

Jaj
03-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Really lacks the base and he doesn't exactly bode well for our system.

MustangFinFan
03-27-2007, 09:07 PM
many people think that Josh Beekman is the best Center in this years' draft...Ryan Kalil is a zone blocker, and Miami doesnt use zone. therefore i dont think Kalil would suit perfectly...i would prefer Beekman and Alleman. Well id actually like Beekman/Alleman/Ugoh (or ryan harris). we cant rely on Toledo and Alabi...we need guys who can come in right now and contribute. Harris/Beekman/Alleman are all Top 5 in their positions...i think adding them with both our 2nds and our 3rd...would turn our line into a powerful o-line immediately.

Boomer
03-28-2007, 05:48 AM
Very rare by the finding a starting center especially one who was a guard previously. I'd like to stick with Hadnot for another year and maybe get him to lose a little weight to around 310. Could do wonders for him...

Except we keep talking about replacing him, be it at G or OC. Hadnot is OK as a player, but he's the sort of guy you're always looking to upgrade. Personally I think Beekman could come in, a la Nick Hardwick and take the job off him.

bert
03-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Except we keep talking about replacing him, be it at G or OC. Hadnot is OK as a player, but he's the sort of guy you're always looking to upgrade. Personally I think Beekman could come in, a la Nick Hardwick and take the job off him.
boomer i am leaning more toward beekman to.i was reading up on my kid from hawaii.they said he has a hard time holding his blocks on the move,and thats not good.with are zone blocking,plus getting to the lb's at the second level.i'm backing up on the kid.blocking with a narrow base on the move could be trouble in the nfl.positives-strong at base-strong punch-mean.