PDA

View Full Version : someone convince me WHY we should draft Quinn

Slappy8800
03-26-2007, 01:00 PM
because I just dont see it. I dont see a good NFL QB. I think Weiss had a system in ND and thats why he succeeded. I think Stanton is more accurate, has a better arm and is more "nfl ready".

PhinsRDbest
03-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Sounds like your mind is made up so its a loss cause.

Slappy8800
03-26-2007, 01:18 PM
people can change their minds.

Myles Fynch
03-26-2007, 01:18 PM
because I just dont see it. I dont see a good NFL QB. I think Weiss had a system in ND and thats why he succeeded. I think Stanton is more accurate, has a better arm and is more "nfl ready".

System QBs can win SBs, too. The real question is which one of the two QBs you mention 1) can be realistically & sensibly acquired and 2) would be the best fit for the offense Cam wants to run?

We don't know how Cam & Mueller feel about it, but with three picks in the top 60, this is the year to draft the young gun.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-26-2007, 01:36 PM
i think the reason quinn succeeded in this "system" is because he's extremely smart and a winner, and was able to pick up this complicated NFL "system" quickly and played consistently well week in and week out, and combines this with very good physical attributes. that's why he'll be successful.

Motion
03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
i think the reason quinn succeeded in this "system" is because he's extremely smart and a winner, and was able to pick up this complicated NFL "system" quickly and played consistently well week in and week out, and combines this with very good physical attributes. that's why he'll be successful.

Wow, I thought for sure that there would be a comment on his looks in there somewhere. :tongue:

Boomer
03-26-2007, 02:02 PM

You don't think Tom Brady has a Weis system with the Patriots?

I think he's done OK in the league.

GRYPHONK
03-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Well, NFL scouts, Charlie Weiss, the Dolphins organization and almost every team around the league say that Quinn is the most NFL ready, and is a franchise type QB. I don't hear rumors of any teams trying to trade up to #1 to get Russel but you hear many rumors(granted they are rumors) of teams wanting to trade up to 2 or 3 to get Quinn.

I think the real question is. Why don't you prove to us why we shouldn't draft Quinn or better yet, why you don't think he will succeed.

Marino420TD
03-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Because if he is only a system QB, Cam will run the right system to get the most out of him. Look at Drew Brees, who does not have the best physical attributes. That said, I'd only draft him if he fell to #9 (I would not move up).

zach8111
03-26-2007, 02:19 PM
yes weiss did have a system and that system was an NFL system. you your saying Quinn who played in an NFL sytem in college, wont suceed in the NFL.

DonShula84
03-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Wow, I thought for sure that there would be a comment on his looks in there somewhere. :tongue:

Now that you mention it...

And ND uses an NFL system, since was that a knock on a player? Every bad play you've ever seen Quinn make, Stanton has done it twice.

Dmarino110
03-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Because for the past 2 years he has been runing an NFL style offense. Because ND has had AWFUL defenses the last 2 years and he has been the only reason they stayed afloat. Because taking a 37 year old veteran with health issues IS STUPID. Because taking a QB, whos mental capasity has been challenged, with 3 torn Ligaments IS STUPID. Because taking JEOY HARRINGTON 1.0 and now 2.0 when no one else was interested is ******ED.

We need someone who can start now. You dont get into ND unless your smart, thats part of the reason they dont do well, they cant go out and get the big dumb DLmen that only know how to clog the holes.

Quinn is 6'4 which is ideal for QBs, so they can see over the OLine, and take blind side hits. Quinn is ready to play in the NFL now. Quinn is the future. Car is harrington 2.0

miamiron
03-26-2007, 03:15 PM

No one knows how he will project in the NFL just like no one knew that Drew Brees would have the year he did last season...It's a crap shoot.

You pay your money and hope for the best!

Brady did have 24 bench presses at 225 lbs which is pretty impressive
as an athlete so my reason is just as good as anyone elses even though it makes no sense!

miamiron
03-26-2007, 03:20 PM
You dont get into ND unless your smart, thats part of the reason they dont do well, they cant go out and get the big dumb DLmen that only know how to clog the holes.

Its funny that you mention about the big DUMB defensive lineman...

If you go back through the years and check the wonderlic scores of all the players guess which positions are always at the top in scoring

OFFENSIVE LINE
DEFENSIVE LINE
QBs

so much for the BIG DUMB PLAYERS

Running backs are usually way towards the bottom of the wonderlic scoring

NJFINSFAN1
03-26-2007, 03:56 PM

Plus, wasn't good the year before weiss got there also??

Geforce
03-26-2007, 05:06 PM

If you think Drew Stanton is more "NFL ready" than Brady Quinn, then I think you haven't watched them play too often.

If you are going by Stanton leading MSU to the biggest comeback in NCAA history, then you are only looking at half the story. As good as he looked in the 2nd half of that game, Stanton looked just as bad in the 1st half. He was also the QB who threw 2 interceptions in the last 5-6 minutes against Notre Dame that contributed to Michigan State losing that game.

The worset thing I've heard about Stanton, I hope it's not true, makes me very weary of him.

from NFL Draft Countdown:

...Has a long memory and bad plays tends to stay with him.

It's not good for any player to have a long memory especially a QB.

Boomer
03-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Stanton also has a personality that borders on the arrogant, which is turning some people off.

Regan21286
03-26-2007, 06:23 PM

And we have a perfect system here in Miami that can best fit Quinn's style. After all, his draft mentor is our QB coach. Stanton's got a long way to go before he becomes NFL ready. Quinn is as ready as it gets for the pros. And Quinn's arm is above average which is just enough since he uses his mind.

Jaj
03-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Quinn has more than an above average arm, let's be serious here.

pigskinguy
03-26-2007, 07:28 PM

Don't worry about it, he won't be there at #9 anyway.

Danny
03-26-2007, 09:23 PM
It doesn't really matters cos Quinn will be gone before our pick and I don't see us moving up to get him.

Ozzy rules!!

Slappy8800
03-26-2007, 10:38 PM
hmm i see some of your points....

Agent51
03-27-2007, 02:24 AM

By that logic Tom Brady should not have succeeded when Weis left, because he isn't really a good QB, Weis just "had a system". :rolleyes2

But seriously, Quinn didn't just PLAY in a pro-style offense, he excelled in it, so that should tell you something. He's a smart kid with great work ethic and the physical tools to be a great QB. He may not throw 80 yard bombs, but unless Randy Moss is your only WR you don't have to. Plus, I've seen him connect on some pretty sweet deep balls, just YouTube his highlight reels.

primetime23
03-27-2007, 04:36 AM
brady is 50/50 you can't really tell if he's a bust

finfan54
03-27-2007, 04:57 AM

Quinn has all the tools and is a fiery leader. problem is, now the other teams seem to be noticing it. He wont be there at 9.

I think this team needs to get David Carr while the gettins good and draft a QB in later rounds. That is what should happen if this team wants to get better now.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Plus, wasn't good the year before weiss got there also??
people seem to think that, but it's not true. he wasn't AMAZING, but he still broke all kinds of Notre Dame freshmen and sophomore passing records, with even less talent around him.