PDA

View Full Version : Merged : Chicago 6th overall pick with trade with Washington

Delfin 22
03-26-2007, 10:18 PM
what domino effect can this trade make ??

( lance briggs and 31th pick to washington for they 6th overall pick )

Delfin 22
03-26-2007, 10:20 PM
sorry link
www.nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com)

Vertical Limit
03-26-2007, 10:22 PM
I just wonder if the Bears would actually look at Quarterback if this trade happens.

Perfect23
03-26-2007, 10:24 PM
That's when they take Quinn

FinAtic8480
03-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Why would they take Quinn, if anything they can be the perfect trade partners if Quinn slides. They defitnetly wont trade with Minny. I know Grossman struggled last season but he cant get any worst if anything he can improve....

Frayser
03-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Wow. I'm not sure what they would do there at #6. They could go for Leon Hall or Laron Landry to help in the secondary. Gaines Adams will probably still be there, but I'm not sure he fits their system. They could also target Patrick Willis who I think has the versatility to play outside. Alan Branch doesn't necessarily fit the Lovie Smith DT mold, but I'm sure he would be thrilled to grab Okoye to play opposite Harris in the future (not sure who is there now to be perfectly honest).

PJack
03-26-2007, 10:31 PM

Most likely. Question is, does he even make it that far. Lions and Cleveland have to pass first.

Brown42000
03-26-2007, 10:35 PM
They would either take Quinn, Willis, possibly Landry or trade up again to get Calvin Johnson.

Frayser
03-26-2007, 10:40 PM
They would either take Quinn, Willis, possibly Landry or trade up again to get Calvin Johnson.

The Johnson trade up scenario is fun but probably not realistic. If they were going to do that, why not offer Briggs to Oakland or Detroit and save the hassle of having to work out two trades?

I still believe Quinn will not last past the first three picks so that is not an option.

I think it would have to be Willis, Hall, Landry, or Okoye.

Jaj
03-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Bet on Willis...

Sean
03-26-2007, 10:42 PM
let us get briggs =p

Frayser
03-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Bet on Willis...

Whatchu talkin' about?

Sorry, just had to.

Jaj
03-26-2007, 10:48 PM
I did the same a day ago...

AZStryker
03-26-2007, 10:58 PM

With Rex Grossman, Brian Griese, and Kyle Orton?? No way they draft a QB with that pick. No way. Quinn's coming to us folks. Detroit and Cleveland would be stupid to draft him with their current rosters and their coaching staff on the bubble. No sir, they need immediate help. It's Joe Thomas for the Lions and Peterson for the Browns guaranteed!

Danny
03-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Quinn won't be there for us at 9.

Ozzy rules!!

Jaj
03-26-2007, 11:03 PM
The three names you listed first are the reason they draft him.

Our biggest need isn't even quarterback arguably so why throw out the Browns and the Lions.

Silly...

AZStryker
03-26-2007, 11:16 PM
The three names you listed first are the reason they draft him.

Our biggest need isn't even quarterback arguably so why throw out the Browns and the Lions.

Silly...

Like I said they need help now. Quinn isn't popular at all in Cleveland nor Detroit so there's not a money ploy. Peterson helps Cleveland now, Quinn sets them back another year or two. The lions need to fix that line. Thomas is a lesser gamble than Quinn (according the the gurus). Again the set back issue of him not being able to help another struggling franchise right away.

Both of their coaching staffs need to show progress for their fan base, for their team, for next year's free agents, and ultimately for their jobs. It's all a smoke screen and they'll draft smart. Unless their owners WANT to change another coaching regime and pay out more $$$, which seems highly doubtful.

So tell me again why Quinn won't be there at number 9???

1stDown
03-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Washington Redskins have offered the No. 6 overall pick to the Chicago Bears for LB Lance Briggs and the No. 31 overall pick, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus.

wazzy
03-26-2007, 11:19 PM
If this is true then I guess they want to get it done this year and I think if Quinn walked into that position and played solid they might be contenders again!

Jaj
03-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Wrong wrong wrong wrong. It's the owners and the GM that matter. Detroit has a good chance of taking him and they still have a competent LT in Backus.

Cleveland's owner is enthralled with getting a QB. The Bears now are at 6 and Rex Grossman is pitiful. The Vikings could take him as well.

This doesn't even mention the possibility that Oakland takes him #1 and we won't take Russell at 9.

How do you know Quinn is not popular in both states? I've been on their forums and I've seen them split 50/50 on Quinn.

VT Dolphan
03-26-2007, 11:25 PM
With Rex Grossman, Brian Griese, and Kyle Orton?? No way they draft a QB with that pick. No way. Quinn's coming to us folks. Detroit and Cleveland would be stupid to draft him with their current rosters and their coaching staff on the bubble. No sir, they need immediate help. It's Joe Thomas for the Lions and Peterson for the Browns guaranteed!

Not exactly like Marino, Montana and Elway on the depth chart. Grossman is the most inconsistent QB in the NFL, Griese is a journeyman and Orton is nothing more than a career backup. If Quinn is still on the board, I don't see them passing on him.

AZStryker
03-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Wrong wrong wrong wrong. It's the owners and the GM that matter. Detroit has a good chance of taking him and they still have a competent LT in Backus.

Cleveland's owner is enthralled with getting a QB. The Bears now are at 6 and Rex Grossman is pitiful. The Vikings could take him as well.

This doesn't even mention the possibility that Oakland takes him #1 and we won't take Russell at 9.

How do you know Quinn is not popular in both states? I've been on their forums and I've seen them split 50/50 on Quinn.

The owners want to pay the balance of the contract plus a new one??? Doubt it. The Chicago trade is hypothetical and most liekly won't happen. It would leave a huge gap in their defense. HUGE! You just can't throw anyone in there to replace someone like briggs.

Clevelands GM is enthralled with Jamarcus Russel according to reports, not just any QB. Apparently they have a histroy much like Denny Green and Larry Fitzgerald.

Finally, how do I know Quinn isn't popular in both states, well that's conjecture I'm afraid. But well based conjecture. Let's see, Michigan's main fan base is what Football team??? The Michigan Wolvarenes (sp). Ohio's main fan base??? Ohio State? Who, besides each other, is their biggest rival? Poke fun if you want, but Brady Quinn in both those cultures isn't a match made in heaven. And it's all about putting butts in the seats.

Quinn will be there at 9.

Jaj
03-26-2007, 11:34 PM
The owners want to pay the balance plus a new one? What are you talking about?

Cleveland loves both quarterbacks. That trade is likely to happen and Briggs refuses to play for Chicago anymore even if it doesn't happen.

Most likely won't happen? Why because it's a rumor? It's a legit one, Daniel Synder himself and Drew Rosenhaus both said so.

AZStryker
03-26-2007, 11:46 PM
The owners want to pay the balance plus a new one? What are you talking about?

Cleveland loves both quarterbacks. That trade is likely to happen and Briggs refuses to play for Chicago anymore even if it doesn't happen.

Most likely won't happen? Why because it's a rumor? It's a legit one, Daniel Synder himself and Drew Rosenhaus both said so.

The owner will have to (definitely not want to) pay out the remainder of the contract of the fired coach plus the high dollar for a new one. It's not smart economics to fire a coach every 3 years.

Who people love or hate is all a smoke screen. It's to promote trades or get teams to draft the people you don't want. Who would come out and say "If you don't pick him we will???" That's just plain stupid. Case and point: We all thought it was going to be Braylon Edwars a couple of years ago. Saban went on and on about him. Remember what happened?

DcRy82
03-26-2007, 11:58 PM
What about them takin Branch with Tank Johnson being questionable... Willis would be a good choice too if Willis can play outside backer.. he obviously has the speed to be one. i dont think they would take landry, they just drafted a safety who starts and plays well. they have Mike brown and archuleta playin SS. so im not sure who they would take with that.. they have good ends in alex brown and ogunleye.. it almost has to be an offensive player that they are eyeing.

MCHan
03-27-2007, 12:21 AM
What about them takin Branch with Tank Johnson being questionable... Willis would be a good choice too if Willis can play outside backer.. he obviously has the speed to be one. i dont think they would take landry, they just drafted a safety who starts and plays well. they have Mike brown and archuleta playin SS. so im not sure who they would take with that.. they have good ends in alex brown and ogunleye.. it almost has to be an offensive player that they are eyeing.

I think Landry is a definite possibility because Archuleta is not starter material and Mike Brown's future is in doubt due to injuries.

But then again the Redskins are the ones that are offering not the Bears so that maybe the Bears really aren't targeting anybody. If nobody catches their eye at #6 they may pass on the trade.

DcRy82
03-27-2007, 12:37 AM
that is true too.. i didnt think about it like that.. so yea i think the only thing holding the bears back is if there is someone up that far that they want enough to do that trade, but either way you look at it, its a win win situation. Briggs is going to sit the season (or so he claims), so why not get some type of compensation for him.. if i were chicago, i would almost just ask for their second round pick instead. then they have 2 picks within ten picks of each other, then if they see someone in the middle of the first, they have the amunition to trade up to whereever they want.. either way i would rid myself of Briggs now rather then getting nothing for him and him being a distraction to my team until he is inevitably a free agent.

Ozfin77
03-27-2007, 01:39 AM
I would imagine Chigago would either try to work some way to move up and take Calvin Johnson, or wait until their pick comes up and use it to trade down and pick up a few extra selections.

Once they move down, they could take a guy like Poz to take the place vacated by Briggs.

TexanPhinatic
03-27-2007, 02:10 AM
I would imagine Chigago would either try to work some way to move up and take Calvin Johnson, or wait until their pick comes up and use it to trade down and pick up a few extra selections.

Once they move down, they could take a guy like Poz to take the place vacated by Briggs.

Im sorry but if they move to the 6th pick they stay there. If they want CJ that bad they will trade directly with the raiders/lions. If they would rather be in a lower spot they will trade directly there.

Frankly anything coming out of Drew Rs mouth is crap until it happens. Snyder isnt much better. Still, the Bears are primed for another SB run and could try a trade up to get an impact guy and deal Briggs out at the same time.

Jaj
03-27-2007, 02:15 AM
I'm certain that it's Patrick Willis so this might just be a good thing for us. They'll re-sign Ian Scott by the way to avoid having to pick a DT.

1- Russell
2- Quinn either to the Browns in a trade up
3- Thomas as nobody trades up for Johnson
4- Johnson
5- Adams
6- Willis
7- Landry
8- Brown
9- An interesting choice with a plethora of talented players, none fitting the Dolphin's needs perfectly.

Agent51
03-27-2007, 02:43 AM
The owners want to pay the balance of the contract plus a new one??? Doubt it. The Chicago trade is hypothetical and most liekly won't happen. It would leave a huge gap in their defense. HUGE! You just can't throw anyone in there to replace someone like briggs.

Clevelands GM is enthralled with Jamarcus Russel according to reports, not just any QB. Apparently they have a histroy much like Denny Green and Larry Fitzgerald.

Finally, how do I know Quinn isn't popular in both states, well that's conjecture I'm afraid. But well based conjecture. Let's see, Michigan's main fan base is what Football team??? The Michigan Wolvarenes (sp). Ohio's main fan base??? Ohio State? Who, besides each other, is their biggest rival? Poke fun if you want, but Brady Quinn in both those cultures isn't a match made in heaven. And it's all about putting butts in the seats.

Quinn will be there at 9.

They are going to have the hole either way because he is refusing to play this year because he doesn't want the franchise tag. This also means he will be gone after this year because why would they sign him to a long term deal (which is what he wants or he isn't playing) AFTER he just sat out a year? If they were going to give him the deal he wants they'd do it right now so they don't lose him for a year. Them refusing to offer the contract pretty much assures he won't be a Bear next year.

That being said I don't see Chicago taking Quinn. Anything is possible, and we've seen crazier, but I just don't think QB is a top need for them, enough to invest #6 money in anyway. First, they could use a go-to WR. If Briggs sits out/leaves, they have a LB need. They have d-line needs with Tank being in jail. They have TE needs, all of which are more important than QB right now. Remember 2 things with regards to Grossman; he just completed what was basically a rookie season since he was injured in all the previous ones, and they made it to the Super Bowl with his inconsistant play. He can learn to be more consistant, and as we all saw, when he IS consistant he is a pretty good QB. Maybe no Hall of Fame QB, but if he plays like he did when he was "on" all season instead of here and there he is a definate Pro Bowl QB.

Chicago going up to 6 isn't really any different, from our standpoint anyway, as Washington being there, neither are targeting a QB and both have needs at positions that they would be smarter to trade down a few picks for (because the positions they want/need may not merit a #6 pick), which puts them in position to trade down, hopefully with us if Quinn makes it past Detroit and Cleveland (and if we don't trade up with Detroit).

Alex44
03-27-2007, 03:34 AM
The Johnson trade up scenario is fun but probably not realistic. If they were going to do that, why not offer Briggs to Oakland or Detroit and save the hassle of having to work out two trades?

I still believe Quinn will not last past the first three picks so that is not an option.

I think it would have to be Willis, Hall, Landry, or Okoye.

The trade wouldn't happen, but to answer the bolded question:

Oakland may not want to trade down that far. I mean no offense but IMO Washington got robbed blind.

finfan54
03-27-2007, 04:52 AM
Getting Carr would put all this Quinn talk away aside from the long shot that Quinn is there at 9.

ChuckKLINGBEIL
03-27-2007, 06:01 AM
I thought Jamaal Anderson was supposed to be a sure-fire top 10 pick, has he slipped? also, Adrian Peterson, what happened with the Vikings need for a running back?

1Hawdolfin4L
03-27-2007, 06:45 AM
IMO Chicago wants to trade down.

They won't pay Briggs.
They didn't want to pay Lovie.
Why would they want to pay now?
This is a tight money club.
They want to trade down once maybe twice.
Sporting News believes Kolb is better than Quinn. Others believe that too.
Kolb will still be there in the 2nd, and Stanton, and Beck.
There is pressure from fans to draft Quinn top of the 1st. His true value might not be there. Kolb is a value pick in 2nd or 3rd. If you lose you don't lose much. Beck would fit into the Bears $budget system in the 4th or 5th rnd.
Can't wait for the draft.

Motion
03-27-2007, 08:44 AM

They won't pay Briggs.
There is pressure from fans to draft Quinn top of the 1st. His true value might not be there. Kolb is a value pick in 2nd or 3rd. If you lose you don't lose much. Beck would fit into the Bears $budget system in the 4th or 5th rnd.

Like who?

Sporting News is known to be pretty far off on their views.

I'm thinking the Bears could be targeting Landry with this move.

dolphin23
03-27-2007, 08:47 AM
If this trade ever come down, my money is on Willis being taken by the Bears. But I also see this scenario if the browns take Quinn then I see the bears going for Peterson. With this they get the rights for arguably the top RB. Willis is an awesome prospect but a bit too high for the 6th spot. And I think Benson would not be able to replace Thomas and thats why im leaning on this a bit, but only if the Browns get Quinn.

Captain Lou
03-27-2007, 09:55 AM

Are you serious ? Do you honestly think they believe any of those Qbs are the future of the franchise.

Grossman = probably the worst starting Qb in the league

Orton = not as good as grossman

Griese = do I really have to say anything

bert
03-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Are you serious ? Do you honestly think they believe any of those Qbs are the future of the franchise.

very true.plus it's the the last year in grossman's contract.

Delfin 22
03-27-2007, 11:23 AM
i think that if the trade is official.....
chicago takes alan branch :rolleyes:

PhinsRDbest
03-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Getting Carr would put all this Quinn talk away aside from the long shot that Quinn is there at 9.
But it will just start up the Brian Brohm talk.

Agent51
03-27-2007, 03:08 PM

They won't pay Briggs.

1, Chicago is #31 overall, so you are telling me they want to trade out of the first round altogether? You even say they want to move down TWICE, that would put them at LEASt mid-to-late 2nd round as their first pick. That is ridiculous, they need a lot of help, why would they even trade out of round 1? The #31 overall pick isn't going to be big money compared to say the #3 overall pick, and besides, no club gives up their first round picks because they don't want to pay.

The Bears need help at WR, TE, DB, LB (Briggs holding out or to be traded/released), and DT (Tank Johnson in jail) just for starters. They will HAVE to move up to get one of the stud guys at those positions.

2, Sporting News' draft guide is an abysmall joke this year. They have Russell rated almost perfectly, yet in their weekly publication (which I subscribe to) they have slammed him and questiopned him almost every week. They also have Russell rated higher than some HoF QBs. They did a thing awhile back where they graded out guys liek Marino, Montana, Young, Aikman etc, and Russell was right up there with them. Tell me, do you think Russell is the next Marino, Montana, Young, Aikman, or any of those guys? No friggin' way.

Also, do you HONESTLY think Quinn falls to #23 like the guide says? Do you HONESTLY think Quinn is a 5.4 rated QB? This guide has Russel as near perfect, Kolb rated too high, and Quinn rated way too low, and they have Russel and Kold as first rounders but nobody as second rounders, and Quinn as a 3rd rounder. Everyone raves about Stanton too, and I believe this guide has him as a 4th rounder. It's a joke, go buy the ESPN of Pro Football Weekly guide, they are MUCH more accurate.

VT Dolphan
03-27-2007, 04:11 PM

They won't pay Briggs.

The Sporting News also said that Demetrius Williams was the best WR in the draft last year, so I wouldn't call them the most credible source. Kolb played in a very QB friendly passing system in college. He has a LOT to learn before he does anything in this league. I don't see him becoming anything more than a backup, if that. Brady Quinn will be the best qb from this draft and be able to step in immediately. Don't think for a second Chicago would pass on him if he is there.

alen1
03-27-2007, 04:19 PM
you know after all this crap about briggs n his holdout, i think they will give him a long term contract lol

1Hawdolfin4L
03-27-2007, 05:31 PM
1, Chicago is #31 overall, so you are telling me they want
to trade out of the first round altogether? You even say they want to move down TWICE, that would put them at LEASt mid-to-late 2nd round as their first pick. That is ridiculous, they need a lot of help, why would they even trade out of round 1? The #31 overall pick isn't going to be big money compared to say the #3 overall pick, and besides, no club gives up their first round picks because they don't want to pay.

To clarify my statement Chicago gets the #6 pick for Briggs.
They won't be willing to pay the high #6 salary and bonus, thus they will trade the #6 pick and trade down.

Lovie was the lowest paid coach in the league. What does that say?

1Hawdolfin4L
03-27-2007, 05:41 PM
The Sporting News also said that Demetrius Williams was the best WR in the draft last year, so I wouldn't call them the most credible source.

Where did you get that idea? I am staring at my 2006 Sporting News and D. Williams is rated at #11.

musphinzfan
03-27-2007, 05:58 PM
I wouldnt doubt that Chicago would trade down but they have the money to pay #6 pick.I wouldnt doubt a trade up for Johnson or any other player they got the loot.

Its not IMO a RB Cedric Benson is a stud and with Jones out the way he is the man in Chi town...They love Cedric abilities.

I dont see a DE since Carter and wally have done well for them.

I could see a DT but Tank will be out well before the season starts but they do need help.

Qb might also be a possibility but if any1 remembers that its "Rex Grossmans our QB"-Lovie Smith.

Now Safety is the position I look at.. Mike Brown hasnt played a full season in 2 years...They lost Todd Johnson a ST's ace and a sold S although ive never heard of him...Plus Atlanta moved up to try to grab him possibly.

My Money is on Laron Landry.

Frayser
03-27-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm certain that it's Patrick Willis so this might just be a good thing for us. They'll re-sign Ian Scott by the way to avoid having to pick a DT.

1- Russell
4- Johnson
5- Adams
6- Willis
7- Landry
8- Brown
9- An interesting choice with a plethora of talented players, none fitting the Dolphin's needs perfectly.

In that scenario, I think we should have no trouble trading down with someone like Green Bay so that they can take Peterson. I still say this is probably the best situation we could possibly be in . . . as we ensure Peterson does not slip to the Bills, pick up an additional first day pick, and still have plenty of guys to choose from at Green Bay's spot.

In all honesty though, I am starting to have a hard time believing that Cleveland would take Thomas over Peterson. Peterson is arguably the second best talent in this draft behind Johnson. His workouts have been impressive, and to think that he might fall out of the Top 5 just does not compute with me. In that case, you could see something more like this:

1. Russell
2. Quinn
3. Peterson
4. Johnson
5. Thomas
6. Willis
7. Adams
8. Landry
9. ???

In that situation, if we cannot trade down, I would probably take Carriker or Hall (although I am really starting to like Revis' upside over Hall).

AZStryker
03-27-2007, 07:21 PM

Don't over exaggerate because you don't like/want Quinn. All three of those QB's have winning records. Also, the fact is the Bears are ready for another Super Bowl Run. Does Quinn help that?? Nope! Are they in rebuilding mode??? Ya right! Do they have absolutely zero holes to fill?? Newly lost Briggs and possible suspended Tnak Johnson ring a bell?

Come on, at least try to be some what objective.

NorFlaFin
03-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Landry and Okoye make more sense for Chicagos "D".

colmax
03-27-2007, 08:11 PM
I wouldnt doubt that Chicago would trade down but they have the money to pay #6 pick.I wouldnt doubt a trade up for Johnson or any other player they got the loot.

Its not IMO a RB Cedric Benson is a stud and with Jones out the way he is the man in Chi town...They love Cedric abilities.

I dont see a DE since Carter and wally have done well for them.

I could see a DT but Tank will be out well before the season starts but they do need help.

Qb might also be a possibility but if any1 remembers that its "Rex Grossmans our QB"-Lovie Smith.

Now Safety is the position I look at.. Mike Brown hasnt played a full season in 2 years...They lost Todd Johnson a ST's ace and a sold S although ive never heard of him...Plus Atlanta moved up to try to grab him possibly.

My Money is on Laron Landry.

Actually, I do not think the coaching staff likes Cedric at all. They LOVED Jones, but the FO used a high pick on Benson. They want to exploit his supposed abilities. He is not a team player. Benson has a bad attitude, but they did use a 1st rounder on him. This was a FO move, not a coaching staff change. I am glad to see a hardworker like Jones go elsewhere. Unfortunately, it's for the Jets.....

I totally agree with you on Landry. But I want to say they would go offense, too, but not on a RB.

Jaj
03-27-2007, 08:20 PM
In that scenario, I think we should have no trouble trading down with someone like Green Bay so that they can take Peterson. I still say this is probably the best situation we could possibly be in . . . as we ensure Peterson does not slip to the Bills, pick up an additional first day pick, and still have plenty of guys to choose from at Green Bay's spot.

In all honesty though, I am starting to have a hard time believing that Cleveland would take Thomas over Peterson. Peterson is arguably the second best talent in this draft behind Johnson. His workouts have been impressive, and to think that he might fall out of the Top 5 just does not compute with me. In that case, you could see something more like this:

1. Russell
2. Quinn
3. Peterson
4. Johnson
5. Thomas
6. Willis
7. Adams
8. Landry
9. ???

In that situation, if we cannot trade down, I would probably take Carriker or Hall (although I am really starting to like Revis' upside over Hall).

You force a trade in my opinion. Somebody likes Carriker like the Rams then trade down to them. Somebody likes Olsen, maybe even Carolina, they'll trade up. Take whatever value you can get and go down to the late teens where Levi Brown, Darelle Revis, Ted Ginn Jr., and Robert Meachem may be waiting.

Then trade back up on the other end of the first round and grab the other guy you were considering.

VT Dolphan
03-27-2007, 08:25 PM
The Sporting News also said that Demetrius Williams was the best WR in the draft last year, so I wouldn't call them the most credible source.

Where did you get that idea? I am staring at my 2006 Sporting News and D. Williams is rated at #11.

My bad. I could have sworn they had him number one in the magazine...but that was a long time ago.

Still, I like the Sporting News, but when I saw how low they had Quinn ranked, I just lost respect for their "War Room."

Agent51
03-28-2007, 03:15 AM
1, Chicago is #31 overall, so you are telling me they want

To clarify my statement Chicago gets the #6 pick for Briggs.
They won't be willing to pay the high #6 salary and bonus, thus they will trade the #6 pick and trade down.

Lovie was the lowest paid coach in the league. What does that say?

That makes WAY more sense, but it's not how your original was written, :lol:. You mad it seem like they wanted to trade out of the #31 spot.

In THAT case, I agree a trade would be best for them. At least back a FEW spots (preferably 3 spots so we can move up for Quinn), because all the guys that would be good for them don't really fit in at #6 overall.

Agent51
03-28-2007, 03:20 AM
My bad. I could have sworn they had him number one in the magazine...but that was a long time ago.

Still, I like the Sporting News, but when I saw how low they had Quinn ranked, I just lost respect for their "War Room."

Same here, I bought that guide and read the mock and the prospect files and was like "yea, OK, screw you SN"

Paul Posluszny to us at #9 is WAY to high when most everywhere else has him mid to late 1st.

Russell being a near perfect and Quinn being below average?

The list goes on but Quin slipping to #23 was the most ridiculous thing I have seen period, even worse than some of the insane trade scenerios and picks people come up with in some of the mocks that are out there (not neccessarily here, just the internet in general).

PhinfanUK
03-28-2007, 06:54 AM

1- Russell
4- Johnson
5- Adams
6- Willis
7- Landry
8- Brown

Why would they trade Briggs straight up for Willis? They won't pay Briggs (a proven high quality starter) so why would they pay Willis? I think they will make a real push to trade up for Calvin Johnson if they get pick number 6.