PDA

View Full Version : What do you do during the draft?

PublixSubsRule
03-27-2007, 07:43 AM
I was wondering what everyone here does during the NFL draft. Do you have any traditions or what not?

I have had a draft party with my friends for the past 5 years. The party normally has about 5-6 people made up of mostly Dolphin, Buc, and Jaguar fans. We normally will watch the first 10 picks then get bored so go out side and play Basketball, while listening to the draft on the radio. Later on we normally play water polo or something of that nature in the pool. Then late at night we play poker. The whole time everything is going on we have the TV on the draft and have a radio with us listening to the selections. Also we have the house overflowing with junk food like pizza, chips, dip, buffalo wings, donuts, soda, etc. After the first day of the draft, we watch one or two movies.

Then on the second day I am all tired from the previous day so i just watch the whole second day and vegg. out.

Dredd1050
03-27-2007, 08:08 AM
I have buddies over, beer, pizza and sloppy joe sandwiches. It's an event.

PublixSubsRule
03-27-2007, 08:11 AM

That's tight do you just watch the draft though or do you do anything else like shoot pool, etc.

Dredd1050
03-27-2007, 08:13 AM
That's tight do you just watch the draft though or do you do anything else like shoot pool, etc.

Everybody is talking or just hanging out, I'm usually the only one in the room after a while actually watching.

PublixSubsRule
03-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Thats cool

BlueFin
03-27-2007, 08:33 AM
I set up my main room with lots of pillows and blankets, I have the draft blaring on plasma and surround sound for two days, I invite 4 or 5 babes over, who.... when we are not doing the nasty, feed me grapes and wine like a Roman emperor.

Motion
03-27-2007, 08:40 AM
I set up my main room with lots of pillows and blankets, I have the draft blaring on plasma and surround sound for two days, I invite 4 or 5 babes over, who.... when we are not doing the nasty, feed me grapes and wine like a Roman emperor.

:lol:

I usually just camp out in front of the TV with my laptop.

Stitches
03-27-2007, 08:48 AM
:lol:

I usually just camp out in front of the TV with my laptop.

Change laptop to computer, and that's me this year likely.

PHINSfan
03-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Last year I had to work that week end.
If im off thit year I will camp out with my Big screen, my laptop, and I will be on the chat room with Boomer, CK, and KB. Those guys have forgoten more about football than I ever know.

Danny
03-27-2007, 01:50 PM
This year I'll be getting back from my bruise on the 28th....I'll arrive at 8am to Tampa and will then drive back home to Kissimmee,fl and I'll just be watching it the whole day....is gonna be nice to at last have some picks.

Ozzy rules!!

chillyphins
03-27-2007, 01:53 PM
We always have about 10 - 12 guys (All Vikings fans except me, being that I live in Minnesota) go up to Buffalo Wild wings, Get absolutely drunk, stuff ourselves with wings, then after both the vikes and phins picks we usually head back to one of our houses to play poker with the draft on. Later at night it usually progresses to a bonfire/drinking with a whole slew of people over.

Boone
03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Last year my wife and I spent a week in the Great Smokie Moutains lodged up in a cabin with jacuzzi in the bedroom, swimming pool downstairs, hot tub & grill out on the back deck, pool table, and 2 satellite tvs with the NFL draft....ahhhhh...that was a GREAT vacation! :wink:

This year....I'll be watching the draft on my new 42" LCD TV... :up:

djavelin
03-27-2007, 02:35 PM
I always had to work and was not really impressed with are picks when wanny was here.Not to many.But i have been really into it for the last 3 years.I did not have to work last year and watched us pick Allen over Lawson.I just sat there like WTF.I sat there bymyself,drinking a beer.
This year i hope to have a draft party.Get the Boys in Cali
to represent.I love this game,this team.

GO DOLPHINS.....................#! :ninja:

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJAVELIN (http://www.MYSPACE.COM/DJAVELIN)

Todd347347
03-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Watch the draft, play poker, host BBQ.

Agent51
03-27-2007, 02:47 PM
The draft is almost like the Super Bowl for me and my friends, we have a big party with tons of "football food" like pizza, wings, nachos etc. I tend to shy away from drinking though because I don't wanna be drunk when Miami picks (haven't really had to worry about that the past few years though, as we've picked early :lol: :fire:) and have them pick some idiot and then I get pissed with alcohol in my system. Like the infamous "Fletcher over Brees" draft, when I was already drunk and Brees was the guy I wanted for like 3 months prior to the draft and he was there and we passed on him for Fletcher, when we already had Madison and Surtain etc. I got PISSED :lol:.

After the first day I usually just chill in my house and watch day 2 by myself and eat the left over wings and pizza :up:

Roman529
03-27-2007, 02:54 PM
I go to a sportsbar near my house, they have free Wi-Fi, so I bring my laptop, and some draft magazines, notebook paper, pencils and pens. I try not to laugh too much when Kiper and Joe Theismann see who can out-talk each other...the good news is Joe got the boot, so Berman should be able to hog the screen even more this year. I also use a lot of four letter words when they start showing the stupid Jet's fans. I usually watch the first four rounds, and then I kind of tune out after this. They have great food at this place, and I can usually get free drinks from a couple waitresses I know. Can't wait for draft day.

:dolphins:

miamiron
03-27-2007, 04:13 PM

and chicken wings...nice and spicy

BUT NO PUBLIX SUBS:sidelol:

Rhody Phins Fan
03-27-2007, 04:27 PM
I work at a pizza place with a TV so I just work there both days and watch it while getting paid. Everyone else hates it but I don't let them turn it off.

PublixSubsRule
03-28-2007, 07:18 AM
I work at a pizza place with a TV so I just work there both days and watch it while getting paid. Everyone else hates it but I don't let them turn it off.

Sweet getting paid to watch the draft, i need a job like that!!

cnc66
03-28-2007, 07:48 AM

sounds to me like you need some backup... be glad help out... :goof:

IluvJuMiami
03-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Okay, I know we've had our disagreements but this is really good. :sidelol:

Stitches
03-28-2007, 08:11 AM
sounds to me like you need some backup... be glad help out... :goof:

lol, I second that.

IluvJuMiami
03-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Anyone in Miami going to the bubble this year?

LJK825
03-28-2007, 08:26 AM
For the last 7 years, a few friends and I camp out in front of the TV for the entire televised draft. People call us "losers". Anyways, I have had a vested interest in the draft over the last couple years just to see where some of my college friends/players ended up. Luckily, I still keep in touch with one of them who just happens to play for the Panthers. I was fortunate enough to get free tickets last year to 6 games.

BLITZKRIEG
03-28-2007, 11:00 AM
:bong2: :cpatch: :bong2: :cpatch: :bong2: :cpatch:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

UCFinfan86
03-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Order pizza and drink beer while watching the whole first day

arsenal
03-28-2007, 11:53 AM
me and buddies have a usual draft party, but we all basically follow it, we're pretty drunk by the end of round 2 though so the 3rd roudns usually a blur, haha... day 2 is the same thing, but usually less people because only the hardcore fans stick around for it...

Vertical Limit
03-28-2007, 01:04 PM
:sidelol: :sidelol:

I usually just sit next to my TV and pray to god that we don't reach for someone.

Rubbin420
03-28-2007, 01:27 PM
I was wondering what everyone here does during the NFL draft. Do you have any traditions or what not?

I have had a draft party with my friends for the past 5 years. The party normally has about 5-6 people made up of mostly Dolphin, Buc, and Jaguar fans. We normally will watch the first 10 picks then get bored so go out side and play Basketball, while listening to the draft on the radio. Later on we normally play water polo or something of that nature in the pool. Then late at night we play poker. The whole time everything is going on we have the TV on the draft and have a radio with us listening to the selections. Also we have the house overflowing with junk food like pizza, chips, dip, buffalo wings, donuts, soda, etc. After the first day of the draft, we watch one or two movies.

Then on the second day I am all tired from the previous day so i just watch the whole second day and vegg. out.

after the last 4 drafts its been 2 bottles of whiskey and a lot of sobbing

alen1
03-28-2007, 02:27 PM
i just chill there with my friends and pray that the phins dont screw up again lol ..... i watch the first round and then i go and play ball out side. btw awesome sig UCFINFAN86

Tureo
03-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Burn trees!

PublixSubsRule
03-29-2007, 07:50 AM
For the last 7 years, a few friends and I camp out in front of the TV for the entire televised draft. People call us "losers". Anyways, I have had a vested interest in the draft over the last couple years just to see where some of my college friends/players ended up. Luckily, I still keep in touch with one of them who just happens to play for the Panthers. I was fortunate enough to get free tickets last year to 6 games.

You just sit there for hours and hours doing nothing but watching the draft???? Your a true Fan!!!

One question though, after Saturday and Sunday of watching the draft do you have Bed Sores from sitting so much?