PDA

View Full Version : freaking bucs

alen1
03-27-2007, 04:03 PM
the bucs apparently are interested in drafting a quarterback possilby quinn or jamarcus russell with their fourth overrall pick .. this is not what phins want to hear.

Coach Jon Gruden said the Bucs have enough ammunition to move up in next month's NFL draft and suggested Tampa Bay may select a quarterback in the first round.
-- Tampa Tribune

Motion
03-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Nothing more than a smokescreen and trade bait.

phinsfan1221
03-27-2007, 04:11 PM
gotta agree lot of game playing, looking for feelers, gruden still complains about all the picks they gave the raiders for himself

zach8111
03-27-2007, 04:14 PM
the bucs apparently are interested in drafting a quarterback possilby quinn or jamarcus russell with their fourth overrall pick .. this is not what phins want to hear.

Coach Jon Gruden said the Bucs have enough ammunition to move up in next month's NFL draft and suggested Tampa Bay may select a quarterback in the first round.
-- Tampa Tribune
they have three decent QBs and they will take calvin if they move up

Dol-Fan99
03-27-2007, 04:17 PM

I agree...

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-27-2007, 04:24 PM
they were huge into alex smith and aaron rodgers in '05 and apparently would've traded up to draft either one. gruden does this every year...

FINSFAN2781
03-27-2007, 04:27 PM

I agree, i think they are just doing that to try to find a trade partner.

Captain Lou
03-27-2007, 04:51 PM

3 decent qbs ? Garcia is decent in the west coast offense, but he' 37. If you mean Simms you better be talking about Phil, and not Chris. Chris Simms hasn't shown anything to date to suggest he's a starting caliber qb. Just because you start doesn't mean you should be. Tim Rattay please. The truth is Tampa's qb situation is no different than ours, pathetic ! :rolleyes:

CANDolphan
03-27-2007, 04:57 PM
3 decent qbs ? Garcia is decent in the west coast offense, but he' 37. If you mean Simms you better be talking about Phil, and not Chris. Chris Simms hasn't shown anything to date to suggest he's a starting caliber qb. Just because you start doesn't mean you should be. Tim Rattay please. The truth is Tampa's qb situation is no different than ours, pathetic ! :rolleyes:

Chris Simms had a good year the year before this, and Bruce Gradkowski had a year similar to Matt Leinart as a rookie..

Id hardly say that they are as bad as Miami..

PhinfanUK
03-27-2007, 04:59 PM

Chris Simms hasn't shown anything? He showed Gruden enough for them to extend his contract, especially when he quarterbacked them to the playoffs a year ago. Simms had a bad start last year but he definitely has the talent to take them far eventually. Get him Calvin Johnson to pair with Galloway and Alex Smith and I believe he could make the pro bowl.

VT Dolphan
03-27-2007, 05:16 PM
If Calvin Johnson is still on the board, they won't be fooling anybody by trying to pretend like they're gonna draft a QB. In my opinion they have three good backup QB's on their roster but not a single good starter, so I'm not saying they couldn't use a good QB prospect, but they definitely have more pressing needs. Their top WR's are Joey Galloway who has got to be one of the oldest WR's in the league by now and Michael "my rookie season was a complete anomaly" Clayton. If Johnson is there, I'd bet the house that he's the pick.

Danny
03-27-2007, 05:20 PM
You guys need to stop worrying about Quinn cos he won't be there for us anyway.....we need to hope that we can get Stanton later on....why worry so much about something you can't control anyway?

Ozzy rules!!

Kdawg954
03-27-2007, 08:36 PM
I agree that Tampa is interested in a QB.

My guess would be not in the first round . . . especially if Calvin Johnson or Gaines Adams is there.

SR 7
03-27-2007, 08:47 PM

i believe so.

AllianceCollect
03-27-2007, 09:06 PM

OK, this is right off their website:
2 Simms, Chris (http://www.tampabaybuccaneers.com/team/playerdetail.aspx?player=Simms,Chris,2) QB 6-4 220 08/29/80 5 Texas Ramapo, NJ
5 Garcia, Jeff (http://www.tampabaybuccaneers.com/team/playerdetail.aspx?player=Garcia,Jeff,5) QB 6-1 205 02/24/70 9 San Jose State Gilroy, CA
7 Gradkowski, Bruce (http://www.tampabaybuccaneers.com/team/playerdetail.aspx?player=Gradkowski,Bruce,7) QB 6-1 220 01/27/83 2 Toledo Pittsburgh, PA
10 Eugene, Bruce (http://www.tampabaybuccaneers.com/team/playerdetail.aspx?player=Eugene,Bruce,10) QB 6-0 283 06/20/82 1 Grambling New Orleans, LA
12 McCown, Luke (http://www.tampabaybuccaneers.com/team/playerdetail.aspx?player=McCown,Luke,12) QB 6-3 212 07/12/81 4 Louisiana Tech Jacksonville, TX
16 Plummer, Jake (http://www.tampabaybuccaneers.com/team/playerdetail.aspx?player=Plummer,Jake,16) QB 6-2 212 12/19/74 11 Arizona State Boise, ID

Now I know Plummer is already retired, but you look at all those guys & they're gonna draft a QB? The Glazer's should fire Gruden & Allen if they pick a QB, they have more important needs.

In my opinion, the Lions will take Quinn regardless & try to pull a Manningesque trade like the Chargers did with the Giants a couple of years ago....

zach8111
03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
wait a minute! Chris simms took the bucs to a 11-5 record while winning there division 2 years agree and last year he got hurt. so i think he is a starting caliber QB and so is Garcia. but if calvin johnson is available at #4 they WILL take him. they might take a QB in the later rounds, not the first.

Agent51
03-28-2007, 03:10 AM

Yeah, and for so many reasons too.

1: Gruden doesn't like to give up picks.

2: Simms was signed to an extension and was doing pretty good before his injury, there's no need to think he won't come back from it. Plus they signed Jeff Garcia who showed he is still very capable.

3: They want Calvin Johnson SO bad so it's obvious he is faking interest in Quinn (or Russell) so a team either moves up before them and takes the QB and takes a potential team that may draft CJ out of the top 3, or so they can trade DOWN if CJ doesn't fall to them because teams will think they want their QB and trade with them to get him.

max68
03-28-2007, 03:39 AM
I don't see where is the problem, I think we can live without Quinn,so the new mock draft could be:

OAK Russell
DET Thomas
CLE Peterson
TB Quinn
MIA ... CALVIN JOHNSON

Not so bad I think

Captain Lou
03-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Chris Simms had a good year the year before this, and Bruce Gradkowski had a year similar to Matt Leinart as a rookie..

Id hardly say that they are as bad as Miami..

Would you want any of those guys on our roster ? I know I certainly don't. I don't think the Bucs will go qb, but it's not impossible. This whole argument is designed to keep some of you dillusioned enough to think Quinn will be there at 9. Which he won't be so it's all just really moot.:rolleyes:

zach8111
03-28-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't see where is the problem, I think we can live without Quinn,so the new mock draft could be:

OAK Russell
DET Thomas
CLE Peterson
TB Quinn
MIA ... CALVIN JOHNSON

Not so bad I think
there is no way he will drop to miami. TB wont pass on him, vik, falc wont pass on him. but there is a good chance that they all pass on quinn.

SabanHater
03-28-2007, 01:18 PM
I want to take Joe Thomas.

Regan21286
03-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Total smokescreen. They've paid starters money to Simms, signed Garcia, and still have McCown and Gradowski in the wings. Could be a trade down feeler.