PDA

View Full Version : Notes from Kiper's Draft Chat

TXFinFan
03-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Michael (Miami): Should the Dolphins go after a WR at #9 and someone like Stanton in Rd 2?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/12/sn2-1.gif Mel Kiper: (1:41 PM ET ) Miami definitely could and that guy could be Ted Ginn, if he shows he's 100% at that workout. If he runs in that 4.3 range, he'll be in the top 10-15, no question about it. Ginn would also be in the mix for San Francisco and Carolina. Stanton is a 2nd or 3rd rounder right now. Nobody is thinking 1st round for him, although that was a possibility entering last season. The problems they had at MSU, and his up-and-down season contributed to that. I think he'll probably end up in the 2nd round. He's a tough, aggressive kid with tremendous character. He has a decent arm, can move around enough. He's more than just serviceable and I think he'll go in round 2.

Geforce
03-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks TX, a lot of people will be happy with that scenario.

jdang307
03-28-2007, 01:53 PM
How would you like Ginn at 9, OL with the first 2nd rounder, and Stanton with the 2nd 2nd rounder?

HenneGivenSunday
03-28-2007, 01:55 PM
so Ted Ginn at 9 and we still have no one to throw him the ball

Rubbin420
03-28-2007, 01:59 PM
How would you like Ginn at 9, OL with the first 2nd rounder, and Stanton with the 2nd 2nd rounder?

I think Stanton may be gone before we pick our 2a.

If Detroit, Oakland or Minn pass on Quinn in the first, then Stanton is a likely pick in the second.

23EmilioVasquez
03-28-2007, 02:02 PM
we could go ginn first round OL second (1) OL (2)

if landry is past buy the falcons we should get him they need DL more than they need DB

SR 7
03-28-2007, 02:13 PM
we could go ginn first round OL second (1) OL (2)

if landry is past buy the falcons we should get him they need DL more than they need DB

landry, willis, and adams are no brainers but dont be surprised with staley guys. we might trade back a few slots if possible to pick him up. he is fast adn if our team is actually looking for quficker lineman he fits the bill like non other.

Motion
03-28-2007, 02:15 PM

If Detroit, Oakland or Minn pass on Quinn in the first, then Stanton is a likely pick in the second.

I don't know, Trent Edwards has been getting ALOT of hype lately. He may leapfrog Stanton.

Danny
03-28-2007, 02:20 PM
I'd be very happy if we get Ginn and Stanton.....if we could add a guy like Blaylock too then our offence is gonna be looking good.....after that we could take a corner, DE and a TE.....maybe a NT on day 2.

Ozzy rules!!

DreamWeaver
03-28-2007, 02:43 PM

Then we go Kevin Kolb. I believe that pick #2b is the spot Miami targets a QB.

I'd be happy with Ted Ginn, Best OL available, then Stanton or Kolb. I'd be all :D after Day 1.

TXFinFan
03-28-2007, 02:54 PM

We don't need anyone to throw him the ball. The other team's kicker/punter can do that. :D

Lab3003
03-28-2007, 03:06 PM

Direct snap to Ginn

jim1
03-28-2007, 03:07 PM

From what little I've seen of Edwards (clips from his workout) and Kolb, they're arms are clearly better than Stanton. I hope that the Lions draft the homeboy Stanton with that early second round pick, allowing for more players to slide down to us.

Motion
03-28-2007, 03:17 PM
From what little I've seen of Edwards (clips from his workout) and Kolb, they're arms are clearly better than Stanton. I hope that the Lions draft the homeboy Stanton with that early second round pick, allowing for more players to slide down to us.

Really? Edwards probably but I'd say Stanton has edge on Kolb in regards to his arm, now consistency and mental aspects I'd probably lean towards Kolb.

Todd347347
03-28-2007, 03:20 PM

I'd be happy with Ted Ginn, Best OL available, then Stanton or Kolb. I'd be all :D after Day 1.

This is exactly what I am thinking.

VT Dolphan
03-28-2007, 03:35 PM

I just don't see Kolb making an impact in the pros. He played in a very QB-friendly offense at Houston and it will take a while for him to adjust, if he ever does. I would be OK with Stanton or Edwards at 60, any higher would be quite a reach IMO.

At first I was strongly opposed to taking Ginn at nine, but there really doesn't seem to be a whole lot of solid options there for us. If Landry is off the board, we might as well go for the homerun threat I guess.

jim1
03-28-2007, 03:47 PM

Like I said, I've seen very little of them, Stanton the most on national TV games. I've never seen Edwards play at Stanford. But from the workouts and also Stanton in games I would say that Stanton's arm comes in third out of that group. Whether Kolb is a product of the Houston system I don't know, and I'd like to hear more opinions on Edwards' arm and his overall game. He certainly has the size and speed, and Stanford blew last year, maybe that made him look bad, I don't know.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/trentedwards.html

Enhalo
03-28-2007, 04:01 PM
If were gonna draft anyone not named Brady Quinn in the first round, we should trade down a few spots. There should be a good amount of teams willing to fork over a second to jump to our spot especially now in front of Houston, who could theoretically take anyone. As far Stanton goes, he's by far the best QB after Quinn. It wasn't his fault that MSU sucked. Just look at Cutler and Vandy.

VT Dolphan
03-28-2007, 04:51 PM
If were gonna draft anyone not named Brady Quinn in the first round, we should trade down a few spots. There should be a good amount of teams willing to fork over a second to jump to our spot especially now in front of Houston, who could theoretically take anyone. As far Stanton goes, he's by far the best QB after Quinn. It wasn't his fault that MSU sucked. Just look at Cutler and Vandy.

I think Cutler did more with less than Stanton did. Vanderbilt was a perennial doormat in the SEC, but Cutler at least made them a respectable and competitive team. While Michigan State may have fallen on hard times, Stanton really hasn't done much to help them get out of it. He had more talent and a better team around him than Cutler did. I still think he is the next best QB after Quinn, but I'd say Trent Edwards is close behind him.

I would like to see us trade down in the first, take Staley/Kalil/Meachem. Go O-line at 40 and take either Stanton or Edwards at 60.

zach8111
03-28-2007, 04:53 PM
I'd be very happy if we get Ginn and Stanton.....if we could add a guy like Blaylock too then our offence is gonna be looking good.....after that we could take a corner, DE and a TE.....maybe a NT on day 2.

Ozzy rules!!
we need more o-line instead of TE in the early rounds. TE would be a second day unless the is a steal availible in the first day, maybe third round.

PhinfanUK
03-28-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't know about Ginn, seems there's too much chance that he won't pan out. I think the Lions take Stanton at the top of round two if they pass on Quinn. A local boy as the saviour at QB would boost ticket sales.

uga3406
03-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Like I said, I've seen very little of them, Stanton the most on national TV games. I've never seen Edwards play at Stanford. But from the workouts and also Stanton in games I would say that Stanton's arm comes in third out of that group. Whether Kolb is a product of the Houston system I don't know, and I'd like to hear more opinions on Edwards' arm and his overall game. He certainly has the size and speed, and Stanford blew last year, maybe that made him look bad, I don't know.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/trentedwards.html

edwards would be a great pick for this team in the 3rd rd..he would be a project qb who would need a full year to learn the offense proble but i love what he brings to the table..he throws a pretty decent deep ball and lets not forget yeah standford stunk bad but so did his offensive line and it also doesnt help when your team is losing 35-0 by halftime and ever d-lineman can tee off on u cuase they sure know u r not throwing the ball..i had the chance to see standford over the last 2 years and the more i saw him the more i was impreesed...he is not gonna blwo u away by any stretch of the matter ..he is not quinn or russell or even stanton for that matter but i will say this i think he could definteyl help this team win..he has great potential and i would hate to lose him to another team see him do well there..

JT#1
03-28-2007, 07:11 PM
I don't know about Ginn, seems there's too much chance that he won't pan out. I think the Lions take Stanton at the top of round two if they pass on Quinn. A local boy as the saviour at QB would boost ticket sales.

Who else is out there that can make a big impact on the offensive side of the ball who will be there at 9 besides Ginn, Ginn is one of those players that everytime he gets the ball theres a good chance its 6 before the D even know what happened

Dmarino110
03-28-2007, 08:29 PM
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

NorFlaFin
03-28-2007, 09:45 PM
The Panther Safety (Minter) is calling it a career. If Landry gets past Atlanta, I could see the Kittys trading up to Landry.

Trading down and getting an extra 2nd can't hurt. Branch, Levi Brown, and some other targets should still be on the board.

Mike13
03-28-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't know, Trent Edwards has been getting ALOT of hype lately. He may leapfrog Stanton.

I don't see where this hype is comming from.