PDA

View Full Version : Ginn to run on April 11th and 16th

fishypete
03-28-2007, 04:27 PM
NFL scouts to watch Ginn on field April 11

Two teams to also view wide receiver April 16

By Marla Ridenour

Beacon Journal sportswriter

COLUMBUS - Junior flanker/kick returner Ted Ginn Jr. will work out for NFL scouts April 11 at Ohio State, coach Jim Tressel said Tuesday.
Tressel said he thought two teams also would put Ginn through the paces April 16.
A projected top-15 pick, Ginn sprained his left foot celebrating his 93-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in the BCS National Championship Game. He was not able to participate in drills at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis or at OSU's pro day March 10. He did not run at pro day in 2006 because of a hamstring injury.
Tressel said safety Jamario O'Neal, who like Ginn played for Glenville High School, trained with Ginn at Speed Strength Systems in Euclid last week during spring break.
``He said Teddy ran 4.37,'' Tressel said of Ginn's 40 time. ``That means Teddy was in a good jog or at least going three-quarters.''
Some might wonder what more Ginn needs to show. In three years, he caught 135 passes for 1,943 yards and 15 touchdowns, averaged 14.1 yards on 64 punt returns and 26.6 yards on 38 kickoff returns. He set the Big Ten record with six career punt returns for touchdowns and also had two on kickoffs.
``I think they want to be thorough and treat him like they treat everyone else, just make sure there's nothing they're missing,'' Tressel said. ``But they're certainly not going to worry about his 40 time. They'd like to get to know him more. People want to know how a young man responds after an injury. He'll be fine. He wants to make sure people see him, too.''

zach8111
03-28-2007, 04:44 PM
i hope he runs back so he falls to the second round. then we could pick him up with our early 2 rd pick. he could be the guy to stretch the field for us. right know we dont have anyone fast enough but maybe hakim but i dont know how good is handsare.

Danny
03-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Wow, if he's already running a 4.3 then there's nothing to worry about....IMO he's our pick at 9 and I'd be way to scare to move down and still hope to get him...I know some people here don't like him but I keep thinking abnout what Bush did for NO last year and can't help but to think that he can help us like that too...he can line up anywhere and can score any time he touches the football....just what he can do in the return game would help our offence.....what do we need the most to win games? We need to score points.....who can we take at 9 that would help us score points more than Ginn would? Nobody....Ginn is my pick but of course that's just my opinion.

Ozzy rules!!

showstopper
03-28-2007, 04:54 PM
GINN is/will be our #9 pick

SR 7
03-28-2007, 04:59 PM
do you know what Cam can do wiht a man of htis nature and CC in the slot? its going to be DISGUSTING. we pursued Stall so bad so imagine how we r on ginns Jock.

zach8111
03-28-2007, 05:00 PM
i think we could still trade down a few spots to pick him up. but if quinn is availible at #9 and everyday it looks more possible, then we will take him. but if we take ginn then we could also pick up staton. another WR we could pick up probably in the early 2, might go end 1, is jarret or meachem. the would be good if we dont get ginn

Danny
03-28-2007, 05:02 PM
It'll be the best playmaker we've had since Clayton and Duper were here....now imagine the defence paying attetion to Ginn and then we have CC out in the slot....just in case we have Booker too who had a solid season last year.......now the defence keeps paying attention to those WR's and we'll run Ronnie....of course for all of this to work we need better play from the QB spot.

Ozzy rules!!

Phishstix
03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
i hope ginn runs well (like 4.35 or so) but not so well that his stock soars and someone takes him before us (like sub 4.3).

Fin-omenal
03-28-2007, 05:40 PM
NFL scouts to watch Ginn on field April 11

Two teams to also view wide receiver April 16

By Marla Ridenour

Beacon Journal sportswriter

COLUMBUS - Junior flanker/kick returner Ted Ginn Jr. will work out for NFL scouts April 11 at Ohio State, coach Jim Tressel said Tuesday.
Tressel said he thought two teams also would put Ginn through the paces April 16.
A projected top-15 pick, Ginn sprained his left foot celebrating his 93-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in the BCS National Championship Game. He was not able to participate in drills at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis or at OSU's pro day March 10. He did not run at pro day in 2006 because of a hamstring injury.
Tressel said safety Jamario O'Neal, who like Ginn played for Glenville High School, trained with Ginn at Speed Strength Systems in Euclid last week during spring break.
``He said Teddy ran 4.37,'' Tressel said of Ginn's 40 time. ``That means Teddy was in a good jog or at least going three-quarters.''
Some might wonder what more Ginn needs to show. In three years, he caught 135 passes for 1,943 yards and 15 touchdowns, averaged 14.1 yards on 64 punt returns and 26.6 yards on 38 kickoff returns. He set the Big Ten record with six career punt returns for touchdowns and also had two on kickoffs.
``I think they want to be thorough and treat him like they treat everyone else, just make sure there's nothing they're missing,'' Tressel said. ``But they're certainly not going to worry about his 40 time. They'd like to get to know him more. People want to know how a young man responds after an injury. He'll be fine. He wants to make sure people see him, too.''

Had a feeling he was gonna wait until closer to the draft to get the "buzz" going..

Teddy meet Miami,Miami meet Teddy:dolphins:

alen1
03-28-2007, 05:51 PM
he ran a 4.26 40 as a freshman ..... i wonder how fast is he now

Boomer
03-28-2007, 06:11 PM
10 days ago he was jogging with pain. Now he's running a 4.37 10 days on from only being able to jog? You're kidding me.

PJack
03-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Being 30-60 pounds lighter than CJ, Meachem, and Bowe he had better be significantly faster than them. With CJ at 4.3, Meachem at 4.37 and Bowe at 4.4, Ginn may have to light it up to pass the latter two with the scouts. CJ goes first regardless. By the way the 4.37 noted is speculation from an friend/teammate he is training with, so don't jump the gun yet. If he does run a low 4.2, it's really going to screw up my thought process as I have mentally ruled him out. I can't stand waiting for the draft already!!!!!!

miamiron
03-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow, if he's already running a 4.3 then there's nothing to worry about....IMO he's our pick at 9 and I'd be way to scare to move down and still hope to get him...I know some people here don't like him but I keep thinking abnout what Bush did for NO last year and can't help but to think that he can help us like that too...he can line up anywhere and can score any time he touches the football....just what he can do in the return game would help our offence.....what do we need the most to win games? We need to score points.....who can we take at 9 that would help us score points more than Ginn would? Nobody....Ginn is my pick but of course that's just my opinion.

Ozzy rules!!

Ginn scored 15 tds as a wide receiver in 3 years...is that the player you want?
JARRETT HAD 41 TDs IN 3 YEARS ...NOW WHO TAKES IT TO THE HOUSE MORE???

Add the 6 punt return tds and 2 kickoff return tds in 3 years and you still only get( 23 tds in 3 years ) NOT QUITE THE PLAYMAKER EVERYONE IS MAKING HIM OUT TO BE!!!!

Danny
03-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Add the 6 punt return tds and 2 kickoff return tds in 3 years and you still only get( 23 tds in 3 years ) NOT QUITE THE PLAYMAKER EVERYONE IS MAKING HIM OUT TO BE!!!!

He was on a great team and didn't need to score al the TD's.....not trying to put your guy down but I'm pretty sure that if they're both there we'll take Ginn.

Ozzy rules!!

Boomer
03-28-2007, 07:05 PM

Jarrett played in the Pac 10, the CB desert.

Stitches
03-28-2007, 07:07 PM

A Wr's dessert. :wink:

HenneGivenSunday
03-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Jarrett = Mike Williams

JT#1
03-28-2007, 07:20 PM
i hope ginn runs well (like 4.35 or so) but not so well that his stock soars and someone takes him before us (like sub 4.3).

As a freshman ginn ran a 4.29 , and hes running a 3.37 now with a bum ankle, hes gonna run ATLEAST a 4.32-4.33 if his ankle his 100%, this kid is special,the kind of guy who makes a Defense have to look where he is every single play, i hope we don't trade down, because if we do, Ginn might be snapped up

JT#1
03-28-2007, 07:23 PM

Just watch the Chris Houston game, your boy can't get out of press coverage worth of dam and with a 4.6 time he isn't gonna be able to get any seperation in the pros.

fishypete
03-28-2007, 07:52 PM
It'll be the best playmaker we've had since Clayton and Duper were here....now imagine the defence paying attetion to Ginn and then we have CC out in the slot....just in case we have Booker too who had a solid season last year.......now the defence keeps paying attention to those WR's and we'll run Ronnie....of course for all of this to work we need better play from the QB spot.

Ozzy rules!!

With no Marino to throw to him...

Vegas dolfan
03-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Well when he runs a 4.28 - 4.30 his stock will rise. I think we need to draft Ginn. We need a guy that can score anywhere on the field. Not to mention he will help everyone get open. He is perfect for Cam's system.

fishypete
03-28-2007, 07:55 PM

As V. Young would say....I put a whopping on those Pac-10 boys.:wink:

JT#1
03-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Well when he runs a 4.28 - 4.30 his stock will rise. I think we need to draft Ginn. We need a guy that can score anywhere on the field. Not to mention he will help everyone get open. He is perfect for Cam's system.

He had 15 receiving TDs, 3 rushing TDs, 7 or 8 returns on ST for TDs, and even threw for a TD in his college carrer, Cam probly has his mouth watering thinking about what he can do with this guy.

PHINFAN 4 LIFE
03-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Ginn will make Welker look like a statue out there on kickoffs and punt returns !! People don't realize how important field position is sometimes.

miami234ever
03-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Jarrett is gonna suck. He's too slow and is like Ernest Wilford or Mike Williams. If Ginn runs a sub 4.3 we could probably still trade down with maybe Green Bay at #16. The only team I see taking a WR between 10-15 is MAYBE San Fransisco. They have a lot of other needs too though. Ginn is awesome. His 9 min video on youtube is amazing.

Danny
03-28-2007, 10:26 PM
With no Marino to throw to him...

Are you saying that we shouldn't draft hm cos we don't have Marino to trow him the football?

Ozzy rules!!

daniel3
03-28-2007, 10:43 PM

Had no problem with Leon Hall and company.

fishypete
03-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Are you saying that we shouldn't draft hm cos we don't have Marino to trow him the football?

Ozzy rules!!

Duper and Clayton had Marino....thats what I said. Do you believe that they would have been as productive without him? Then again...Warfield and Rice had decent QB's...that threw them the football....but never long....because they ran routes....no one ever said that J. Rice was a speedy receiver....but it was rare that he was caught from behind...and Warfield was one of the best to ever play the game....the only reason he never had big numbers was the Dolphins ran the football in the 70's....if he played in todays game or IF the Dolphins threw more than they did back then...his numbers would have been so much greater than they were.

The NFL is littered with fast receivers that had speed....but never learned to run routes...or had a proper QB that could throw them the football on time. In every draft there's a few small reveivers that have as much speed as Ginn....but never make it in the nfl....speed alone is not a magical key to the Hall of Fame.

miamiron
03-29-2007, 05:51 AM
Just watch the Chris Houston game, your boy can't get out of press coverage worth of dam and with a 4.6 time he isn't gonna be able to get any seperation in the pros.

Obviously you have a reading problem because he is not my boy and I take offense regarding that remark

miamiron
03-29-2007, 05:57 AM
He had 15 receiving TDs, 3 rushing TDs, 7 or 8 returns on ST for TDs, and even threw for a TD in his college carrer, Cam probly has his mouth watering thinking about what he can do with this guy.

Great maybe he can be our QB with your insight!!
Maybe he can line up as a running back???

You realize that the level of players in the NFL is" just a tad bit" better than what he saw in college...and I still think 5 tds a year in college as a wide out is
not impressive. Maybe since your use to Wes Welker and his production
that 5 tds a year seems incredible but it's not.You can speculate on what might be in the future but I can tell you straight out facts to prove my point!

I would rather hear facts than fairy tales!!

miamiron
03-29-2007, 06:01 AM

41 TDs in 3 years

Oh yeah Jerry Rice didn't get any seperation with his 4.6+ 40 time...PLEEEEESE

Boomer
03-29-2007, 06:12 AM
Had no problem with Leon Hall and company.

Matched up about 5 times against Hall all game and the touchdown came because the safety didn't roll over in time.

So I'm not sure what your point is.

Boomer
03-29-2007, 06:19 AM
41 TDs in 3 years

Oh yeah Jerry Rice didn't get any seperation with his 4.6+ 40 time...PLEEEEESE

Mentioning Rice and Jarrett in the same breath should be a jailable offence. First of all, lets get something straight; Jerry Rice is the best WR, nee the best PLAYER to ever play the game. He did indeed run a slow time, but Rice had incredible hips, ran brilliant routes, was disciplined in those routes, had tremendous upper body strength and the strongest hands going, based on years of catching bricks with his father and uncle. He also had a very quick 3 cone drill, highlighting his ability in and out of routes. Jarrett's 3 cone was slower than Doug Free's, who is almost 100lbs bigger. Rice had a work ethic unmatched before or since. His off field work outs with Roger Craig were some of the most physically demanding I've seen. Rice had the strength and the hip movement to beat press.

Jarrett has an unenviable work ethic. Notoriously slack with his work habits, he isn't strong at the line and is a medicore route runner. He's a very good target who uses his body well to shield defensive backs and he has good hands. But watch Chris Houston play him and indeed watch Oregon play him late in the season in the game that was 33-32 or a score very similar, when USC were down 20 or so points; Oregon played him press and he really stuggled down the stretch when they needed him most. That's why Booty threw so many balls to Steve Smith the lesser. Smith is a superior WR to Dwayne Jarrett.

There is a lot more to gaining speration than just speed. Ask Rice or Anquan Boldin or Hines Ward.

zonk4ever
03-29-2007, 06:36 AM
If he runs in the 4.2's, he's got to be considered because he has football skills and instincts. But durability is a major issue; he's only 170-175 pounds and he's on the skinny side. It's taken him almosy 4 months to recover from the foot/ankle sprain? Seems like he could be another, more expensive Joe Toledo... we don't need that.

Boomer
03-29-2007, 06:41 AM
If he runs in the 4.2's, he's got to be considered because he has football skills and instincts. But durability is a major issue; he's only 170-175 pounds and he's on the skinny side. It's taken him almosy 4 months to recover from the foot/ankle sprain? Seems like he could be another, more expensive Joe Toledo... we don't need that.

FIRST

EVER

INJURY

This durability thing is hilarious.

Kdawg954
03-29-2007, 07:25 AM
FIRST

EVER

INJURY

not only that, didn't the injury occur during the TD celebration?

I'm not saying that I'm confident that he wont have any injury problems in the NFL because he is a smaller guy who will take an even bigger pounding on the next level. But these durability claims are unfounded . . . the man has never been hurt . . . which is amazing considering a guy with his speed I would expect to probably have some hammy issues or something. I think Ginn has proven to have a great work ethic and will be a great asset to someone (hopefully us) for many years to come.

Boomer
03-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Ginn has returned kicks and punts since coming to OSU. In fact he's returned 94 kicks and punts in 3 years. That's the most dangerous thing you can do on a football field.

And he's never been hurt.

2413fanphins
03-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Ginn has returned kicks and punts since coming to OSU. In fact he's returned 94 kicks and punts in 3 years. That's the most dangerous thing you can do on a football field.

And he's never been hurt.

ahhh.. how nice it is when somebody posts factual information rather than pissing into the wind.

of course I would expect no less from you boomer

FinFanINLondon
03-29-2007, 09:59 AM
I just watched Ginn's highlight video and I have never seen someone turn it ON so effortlessly.

I don't follow college ball much but this kid is something to watch.

WOW

Captain Lou
03-29-2007, 10:30 AM
ahhh.. how nice it is when somebody posts factual information rather than pissing into the wind.

of course I would expect no less from you boomer

Why don't you ask boomer out already ? I personally would rather have a wr with a little more size. He's going to take some hits in the NFL. He's not a polished receiver. He may make an instant impact on kick returns, but you can't expect too much from him as receiver in his first year.

Boomer
03-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Why don't you ask boomer out already ?

FLMAO. :rolleyes:

I think he knows you're still interested.

HEDAZHELAS24
03-29-2007, 12:27 PM
i just think it looks too good for cam and mueller to pass up if brady quinn is gone... i know we all have different opinions on which wr to take but we all want one bc the lack of playmaking last year but its not up to us....so think about what cam and mueller would do in this situation??? both cam and mueller are obsessed with speed and know they want to stretch the field. we tried to sign guys like stallworth and washington and didnt get them so of course they want to addresss this in the draft. also jarrett is a guy that is somewhat the same type of WR as CC which also would not make sense... its just obvious that we want and need ginn adn we dont need jarrett. But if we get Ginn in the first which looks more and more likely we better do everything we can to get DREW STANTON in the second ppppllllllleeeeaasssseeee

alen1
03-29-2007, 03:29 PM
not only that, didn't the injury occur during the TD celebration?

I'm not saying that I'm confident that he wont have any injury problems in the NFL because he is a smaller guy who will take an even bigger pounding on the next level. But these durability claims are unfounded . . . the man has never been hurt . . . which is amazing considering a guy with his speed I would expect to probably have some hammy issues or something. I think Ginn has proven to have a great work ethic and will be a great asset to someone (hopefully us) for many years to come.

yea lol which is pretty sad b/c i would have liked to see what he could do vs UF defense,not saying that him not being there changed the outcome of the game .. i just wanted to c wat he could do.yea tho he got injured celebrating.. one of his guys stepped on his foot lol

JT#1
03-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Why don't you ask boomer out already ? I personally would rather have a wr with a little more size. He's going to take some hits in the NFL. He's not a polished receiver. He may make an instant impact on kick returns, but you can't expect too much from him as receiver in his first year.

Ted ginn is alot like reggie bush, hes got that x factor, hes got the ability to go for 6 everytime he touches the ball, makes defense have to see where he is on the field at all times. I wanna see what cam can do with this guy out on the field

Stitches
03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Ted ginn is alot like reggie bush, hes got that x factor, hes got the ability to go for 6 everytime he touches the ball, makes defense have to see where he is on the field at all times. I wanna see what cam can do with this guy out on the field

:yes:

Captain Lou
03-29-2007, 03:49 PM
FLMAO. :rolleyes:

I think he knows you're still interested.

I know I didn't mean cockadoddledo-block you. That was selfish of me. :lol:

Boomer
03-29-2007, 04:53 PM
I don't even know what that means.

Apparently Ginn won't be 100% on the 11th and is intending to have a 2nd workout the week of the draft.

JT#1
03-29-2007, 04:55 PM
I don't even know what that means.

Apparently Ginn won't be 100% on the 11th and is intending to have a 2nd workout the week of the draft.

Hes having 2 workouts with teams the week of the draft, least that is last i heard

showstopper
03-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Redskins are going to come have a private workout with him, but I don't see them taking him at #6 ,think he will be ours at #9. TE Olsen is coming in next week for a private work out with the FINS( as per GBN report ).

Boomer
03-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Redskins are flying Jason Campbell to Columbus to work out with him.

Olsen's coming to Miami to catch passes from Stanton.

Fineas
03-29-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't love Ginn as a WR or at No. 9. I just see him as a complimentary WR and not a go-to guy.

I have never actually seen him play CB, but he is more intriguing to me there. He was considered the nation's best CB prospect coming out of high school and has said he'd be interested in playing there. Physically, he would seem to have exceptional skills for the position. When healthy, I'd expect his speed and agility drill numbers to be in the Deion Sanders/Champ Bailey range. He also clearly has the hands for the interception, as well as the ability to do some serious damage on interception returns.

In a workout, I'd really like to see him in CB drills. I'd expect him to be a little raw, but I'd think he'd pick up up again pretty quickly. CB is not the most cerebral position on the field anyhow. If he has Sanders/Bailey type upside at CB, I see him being much more valuable there than as a No. 2 receiver. I'd still put him into some offensive packages, but his upside seems higher at CB, which is also a more valuable and more difficult position to fill.

Other than the obvious fact that I haven't seen him at CB, my only other hang up on the CB thing is why he was moved to WR int he first place at Ohio State. As I've heard it, it was because they simply felt they needed him more at WR. With a WR corps that at the time included Santonio Holmes, Anthony Gonzalez, Roy Hall, Robiskie, Michael Jenkins and Drew Carter, it's hard to imagine they felt such a pressing need at WR. At CB they had Chris Gamble and Ashton Youboty, but nowhere near the depth it appears they already had at WR. I can see the desire to get him on the field and the ball in his hands, but especially after Gamble left, it doesn't completely make sense to me that he wasn't moved back to CB unless he didn't look as good there as I'd expect.

Boomer
03-29-2007, 05:56 PM
I would imagine he'll run corner drills at his 2nd workout.

Fineas
03-29-2007, 06:03 PM
I would imagine he'll run corner drills at his 2nd workout.

Why at the 2nd workout (before just 2 teams) and not the first?

Boomer
03-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Why at the 2nd workout (before just 2 teams) and not the first?

His 2nd workout, if he's not 100%, will be attended by more than 2 teams. Hence......

AllianceCollect
03-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Olsen's coming to Miami to catch passes from Stanton.

Is this just because Stanton is working out in the area? Or is this something set up by the Dolphins?

PS love your contributions to the site.....

showstopper
03-29-2007, 06:22 PM
thanks for the added detail BOOM, your always on top of things. By the way GERARD was awesome for England yesterday.

Boomer
03-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Is this just because Stanton is working out in the area? Or is this something set up by the Dolphins?

PS love your contributions to the site.....

Olsen and Stanton are big mates. I think is Miami killing 2 birds with one stone. They've been like a touring troupe for a couple of weeks. This April 4th workout in Davie has been planned for about 3 weeks.

Thanks for the comments.

Boomer
03-29-2007, 06:25 PM
thanks for the added detail BOOM, your always on top of things. By the way GERARD was awesome for England yesterday.

No worries mate.

Re: Stevie G, yes he was. But that's what he does week in and week out for us.

finfan54
03-29-2007, 07:34 PM

Ginn is the greatest risk of all the picks at 9.

Captain Lou
03-29-2007, 07:36 PM
[quote=Boomer;1061931739]I don't even know what that means.

I know I didn't mean ****adoddledo-block you. That was selfish of me.

Pompy
03-29-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't understand what's all this Ginn love.... We have two number 1 receivers and have alot more pressing needs than a WR....

JT#1
03-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I don't understand what's all this Ginn love.... We have two number 1 receivers and have alot more pressing needs than a WR....
2 #1 receivers? you mean the one who seemed to vanish form games all together? or the one who seemed to fall over himself every game?

JT#1
03-29-2007, 10:28 PM

He also has the greatest chance of making the most impact.

Boomer
03-30-2007, 06:48 AM
[quote=Boomer;1061931739]I don't even know what that means.

I know I didn't mean ****adoddledo-block you. That was selfish of me.

I'm still struggling.

Boomer
03-30-2007, 06:50 AM

Which two number one's are you talking about?

Warfield and Clayton?

Duper and Fryar?

They've retired, dude.

Kdawg954
03-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Which two number one's are you talking about?

Warfield and Clayton?

Duper and Fryar?

They've retired, dude.

:lol:

He is talking about the magician (who disappears in many games), The stumbler and the dropper . . . . technically all of them can have this name lol.

Chambers can show signs, but we haven't had a guy I have been comfortable w/ since McDuffie, and he wasn't even a #1.

finfan54
03-30-2007, 07:55 AM
He also has the greatest chance of making the most impact.

Not a chance when our QB is on his ***. Last year all over again.

football is won in the trenches.

Look at Chicago, they start off the SB with that TD return and then lose anyways. The game is controlled up front.

From the inside out buddy. Just like coach said. That means Center (bi9g impact that gets no notoriety whatsoever), QB (we all Know we need a permanent fixture at QB and big ?) and FB (got that sqaured away), and RB (if Ricky truly will be back, covered, then you go to G and TAckle and TE. We all know the situation at LT (anyone counting on Alabi is fooling themselves long term), We need a TE aside Martin and we need one athletic enough to make plays downfield and block.

We do not need a WR. Cams offense in SD did not have great WR. Would it be nice to add? sure it would, but there are many in this draft (anthony Gonzalez will be better than Ginn IMO cus he can do it all and has speed and intelligence).

Ginn is not an impact player on offense because he is one dimensional. He cannot go over the middle like a Gonzalez can or run good routes. HE IS A SPECIAL TEAMER! That is what we would be drafting at # 9. That thought makes me sick to my stomach and I will berate Mueller all over this board should he do so!

Stitches
03-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Not a chance when our QB is on his ***. Last year all over again.

football is won in the trenches.

Look at Chicago, they start off the SB with that TD return and then lose anyways. The game is controlled up front.

From the inside out buddy. Just like coach said. That means Center (bi9g impact that gets no notoriety whatsoever), QB (we all Know we need a permanent fixture at QB and big ?) and FB (got that sqaured away), and RB (if Ricky truly will be back, covered, then you go to G and TAckle and TE. We all know the situation at LT (anyone counting on Alabi is fooling themselves long term), We need a TE aside Martin and we need one athletic enough to make plays downfield and block.

We do not need a WR. Cams offense in SD did not have great WR. Would it be nice to add? sure it would, but there are many in this draft (anthony Gonzalez will be better than Ginn IMO cus he can do it all and has speed and intelligence).

Ginn is not an impact player on offense because he is one dimensional. He cannot go over the middle like a Gonzalez can or run good routes. HE IS A SPECIAL TEAMER! That is what we would be drafting at # 9. That thought makes me sick to my stomach and I will berate Mueller all over this board should he do so!

I ripped Ginn a ton at the begining of the offseason, but he consistently went over the middle while at Ohio State. Tons of his catches came on crossing routes and slants.

Kdawg954
03-30-2007, 08:27 AM

Actually he is one of the safer picks . . . simply because he would be an elite returner his rookie season. However thats just a bonus, we would draft him for his speed and ability to spread a defense out and open up opportunities for other people as well, plus his homerun ability. Another bonus would be his previous experience at CB, but I see him as a WR in this league.

If worse comes to worse, we get a Hester like returner. Wasn't Hester a second rounder last year? Ginn is FASTER than Hester and had a better college career at returner. And that is the floor w/ Ginn. The ceiling is he becomes a faster Steve Smith. I think Ginn is worth the so called "risk" at 9.

fishyanks
03-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Ginn will make Welker look like a statue out there on kickoffs and punt returns !! People don't realize how important field position is sometimes.

From Wayne's interview on Miami Dolphins.com he clearly stated that we need to upgrade the offense. IMO, that means getting a playmaker and we all now Mueller loves speed. So that can only mean Ted Ginn if he puts up a blazing time.

Boomer
03-30-2007, 10:20 AM

You see that is just plain wrong and what's wprse is that as much as you dislike drtaing Ginn at 9, you ALSO know that to be wrong, or at least you would if you'd watched Ginn at all. You'd know where a lot of his catches are actually thrown, hence dispelling the 'across the middle' thing. And you won't have studied his route running much either.

Gonzalez, for all his speed, really doesn't play up to it and rarely makes a big play. You only had to see what little impact he had when Ginn got hurt against Florida to relaise the depth of his ambition as a top flight pro WR.

Fingers
03-30-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree with Boomer. Miami has lacked big play ability at WR for a long time. As a Gator fan, I saw first hand Ginn's ability to score quickly. For all the discussion about good route running, being physical, etc.. nothing demoralizes the opposing team more than a quick touchdown. I am not saying he should be the 9th pick, only that he should be seriously considered.

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Ginn at #9. There's alot of talent to be had at #9, I just don't know where Randy Mueller will go with it. This draft will be very, very interesting.

Anyone think it's possible that Minnesota could draft Ginn at #7?? Atlanta? Those are the 2 teams that could possibly select Ginn ahead of Miami.

jdang307
03-30-2007, 04:46 PM
2 #1 receivers? you mean the one who seemed to vanish form games all together? or the one who seemed to fall over himself every game?
Not every game, because he hasn't finished a season since 2002.

Vegas dolfan
03-30-2007, 07:47 PM
hey RUDEbyallMEANS (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=1485), I live in vegas too, You going to tommyrockers to watch the draft?? Then we can watch the fins draft Ginn.

finfan54
03-30-2007, 09:02 PM
FIRST

EVER

INJURY

hes one dimensional. Hows that? He is afraid to go over the middle. I guess NFL CB's cant cover a guy who runs straight down the field.

Anthony Gonazalez is more of a complete WR and people will see this next year from the get go. Ginn is a special teamer.

finfan54
03-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Actually he is one of the safer picks . . . simply because he would be an elite returner his rookie season. However thats just a bonus, we would draft him for his speed and ability to spread a defense out and open up opportunities for other people as well, plus his homerun ability. Another bonus would be his previous experience at CB, but I see him as a WR in this league.

If worse comes to worse, we get a Hester like returner. Wasn't Hester a second rounder last year? Ginn is FASTER than Hester and had a better college career at returner. And that is the floor w/ Ginn. The ceiling is he becomes a faster Steve Smith. I think Ginn is worth the so called "risk" at 9.

yeah spread a defense while the defense is making your QB into a spread.

Regan21286
03-30-2007, 09:06 PM
If Ginn doesn't wow with his speed on either of those workouts and especially the last one, he could see his stock drop faster than Enron. If that's the case, I'd love to snag him with a 2nd rounder.

finfan54
03-30-2007, 09:08 PM
From Wayne's interview on Miami Dolphins.com he clearly stated that we need to upgrade the offense. IMO, that means getting a playmaker and we all now Mueller loves speed. So that can only mean Ted Ginn if he puts up a blazing time.

If we get a flashy WR instead of a QB or Oline or TE then its last year all over again. Mark my words.

JT#1
03-31-2007, 12:33 AM
hes one dimensional. Hows that? He is afraid to go over the middle. I guess NFL CB's cant cover a guy who runs straight down the field.

Anthony Gonazalez is more of a complete WR and people will see this next year from the get go. Ginn is a special teamer.

You must not watch Ohio State games at all, a good amount of Ginns big plays is from him doing doing slants to the MIDDLE of the field and then using his speed to blaze past everyone. Anthony is a good WR don't get me wrong but if it wasn't for ginn getting all those double teams, he wouldn't have had anywhere near the year he had, just watch the national champion ship Ginn was out that game he was shut down.

JT#1
03-31-2007, 12:34 AM
If Ginn doesn't wow with his speed on either of those workouts and especially the last one, he could see his stock drop faster than Enron. If that's the case, I'd love to snag him with a 2nd rounder.

He reportedly ran a 4.37 with his ankle still not being 100% during a practice run,hes not gonna go anywhere.

Jaj
03-31-2007, 01:32 AM

What do you think a slant route is?

JT#1
03-31-2007, 01:35 AM
What do you think a slant route is?

Aparently he thinks its a deep route

Jaj
03-31-2007, 01:36 AM
Is he thinking of a post or a go route?

fishypete
03-31-2007, 04:25 AM
Nickname is "Yo"...Raced Devin Hester in track as a prep and beat him...Transfer from Garden City Community College...Really made a name for himself by running the fastest forty at the Scouting Combine. ( 4.30 )

They are talking about Yamon Figurs. Hester ran a 4.43 at the combine.

I'd love to see a race between him and Ginn...WOW.

Boomer
03-31-2007, 05:12 AM

And this is where you highlight your ignorance. If you'd seen even cursory glances of Ginn, you'd know that he does much more of his work in the middle of the field than he does on the flanks.

JT#1
03-31-2007, 12:57 PM
And this is where you highlight your ignorance. If you'd seen even cursory glances of Ginn, you'd know that he does much more of his work in the middle of the field than he does on the flanks.

Most people always seem to think just because the player is fast and a deep threat, they never go down the middle.

Regan21286
03-31-2007, 02:27 PM
He reportedly ran a 4.37 with his ankle still not being 100% during a practice run,hes not gonna go anywhere.

Keyword: Reportedly. I want to see the official time before I'm satisfied. Any agent or scout can claim a fast time. Heck, anyone could claim Jarrett ran a 4.40.