PDA

View Full Version : Please Remember to not post an entire article

Migs182005
07-01-2003, 01:02 AM
Due to copyright problems, no one can post full articles from other news media outlets.

The solution is very simple.

Post a small part of the article in the thread and a link to the article.

If it's one of the fins insider's article's where you can't post a link, just summarize what was said.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :cool:

P4E
07-01-2003, 07:06 AM
Please Remember to not post an entire article quote:

Due to copyright problems, no one can post full articles from other news media outlets.

If it's one of the fins insider's article's where you can't post a link, just summarize what was said.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Staff Writer
Fin Heaven & Co.

The one

Telling it like it is

Post #1
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dolphan39
07-01-2003, 08:59 AM
there is no such thing as :topic: posts in the Phins forum that is what the other ( now numerous) forums are for :shakeno:

inFINSible
07-01-2003, 09:04 AM
P4E.....I was going to make a joke.....you completely ruined it for me.....stop setting the bar so high!

MDFINFAN
07-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Migs182005

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :cool:

Mig, I posted the Phins Insider's whole article because it comes to me as a email that I pay for, thus I have a right to share it with you guys, because I paid for it..There's no way to link it, usually that's exactly what I do, but my emails I paste here for you guys to read.

dolphan39
07-01-2003, 01:13 PM
MD not sure if you are correct or not without reading any agreements you are sent when you sign up, but from this sample - http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.com/finsinsider/Minicamp%20update.htm - it does say
Here's today's 'Fins Insider Report, for subscribers ONLY!

P4E
07-01-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
P4E.....I was going to make a joke.....you completely ruined it for me.....stop setting the bar so high!

Sorry, inFINS, but Migs is such a great guy and such an asset to FinHeaven that I just can't resist giving him a hard time no matter HOW worthwhile and appropriate his posts may be.

I'm not sure where in my psyche that kind of impulse comes from, but the doc and I are exploring that in our sessions -- when we're not dealing with the firesetting and my stealing older ladies' lingerie from the laundromats.

MDFINFAN
07-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by dolphan39
MD not sure if you are correct or not without reading any agreements you are sent when you sign up, but from this sample - http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.com/finsinsider/Minicamp%20update.htm - it does say

Okay, but if I want to share this info with you guys, is there a way of doing it without it being a problem.

dolphan39
07-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Okay, but if I want to share this info with you guys, is there a way of doing it without it being a problem.

Added: May 30, 2002 - Please do not post an entire article. Instead, post the first three or so sentences, and then include a link to that article. The reason is simply because of copyright issues. And I for one do not want to have The Sun Sentinel coming after me in a lawsuit in your case, all you cna do is paraphrase some of the news in the e-mails in your words, like "Did you know that Wanne said Knight will have to play ST if he does not beat out Freeman" (I made that up ;) ) or the like.

ZOD
07-01-2003, 02:30 PM
Doing your best for the trade Migs ?

Good Job....If I was a journalist....

Too bad I drive for a living...lol....

Migs182005
07-01-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever

Sorry, inFINS, but Migs is such a great guy and such an asset to FinHeaven that I just can't resist giving him a hard time no matter HOW worthwhile and appropriate his posts may be.

I'm not sure where in my psyche that kind of impulse comes from, but the doc and I are exploring that in our sessions -- when we're not dealing with the firesetting and my stealing older ladies' lingerie from the laundromats.

It's alright man. Bring it on. :lol: :D I can take anything you throw. :tongue:

By the way, thanks for the compliments ;)

Migs182005
07-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by 1972dolphins
Doing your best for the trade Migs ?

Good Job....If I was a journalist....

Too bad I drive for a living...lol....

What company do you work for?

ZOD
07-01-2003, 09:25 PM
They want Dale Jarret to drive the truck...:rolleyes:

VanDolPhan
07-02-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Mig, I posted the Phins Insider's whole article because it comes to me as a email that I pay for, thus I have a right to share it with you guys, because I paid for it..There's no way to link it, usually that's exactly what I do, but my emails I paste here for you guys to read.

It's copyrighted info though which can get this site in mucho trouble. You can quote a few quips from something but beyond that it's a legal issue. Just like Sunday Ticket. You pay for it, but if you tape the game and distribute it you'd be in hot water. Same thing goes for this.