PDA

View Full Version : Dose of Reality

finyank13
03-29-2007, 01:07 PM
I know everyone is in love with Quinn as I do, but Miami aint getting him, and we need to start thinking that way. I've seen 3 new mocks today(one's on ESPN), and the lowest he is going is the Browns at 3, so something has to happen that doesnt involve us moving up. What I mean is the Browns getting a QB through FA, or Minny get one as well, plus Miami would have to move up too.......I've said it all along that this team better not move up to 2 and blow their picks on this kid, its way too much!!! Plus that puts Mueller in the hot seat in his "first" real year as GM, which I dont think he wants, I believe he will play the safe road. If Quinn falls to 6, he'll make a move, but if not he'll keep his 3 picks in the first 60 slots, or possibly trade down and get more.......thoughts??

SCall13
03-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I know everyone is in love with quinn as I do, but we aint getting him, and we need to start thinking that way. I've seen 3 new mocks today(one's on ESPN), and the lowest he is going is the Browns at 3, so something has to happen that doesnt involve us moving up. What I mean is the Browns getting a QB through FA, or Minny get one as well, plus Miami would have to move up too.......I've said it all along that this team better not move up to 2 and blow their picks on this kid, its way too much!!! Plus that puts Mueller in the hot seat in his "first" real year as GM, which I dont think he wants, I believe he will play the safe road. If quinn falls to 6, he'll make a move, but if not he'll keep his 3 picks in the first 60 slots, or possibly trade down and get more.......thoughts??

I had my hopes up at one time that we might get Quinn. There is still a very very slight chance. But at this point, considering as many needs as we have, and considering there are several other QBs we could take that have very good potential, I wouldn't mind trading down for more picks.

PhinGeneral
03-29-2007, 01:16 PM
The ball's in Mueller's court to do what he thinks is best for this team. It doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else wants to think. If he feels Quinn is a franchise QB and worth getting, fine. If he wants to trade down and feels comfortable, that's fine also. Until he proves himself inept I'll support whatever route he feels we should take.

finyank13
03-29-2007, 01:17 PM
I had my hopes up at one time that we might get Quinn. There is still a very very slight chance. But at this point, considering as many needs as we have, and considering there are several other QBs we could take that have very good potential, I wouldn't mind trading down for more picks.

I agree there is a slight chance, and I'm torn is the reality that this team probrably wont go anywhere until we have that franchise QB, and Quinn could be that. BUT like you said we have other needs too...............3 picks in the top 60 is how you build something, they need more of it..........

PhinGeneral
03-29-2007, 01:24 PM
I agree there is a slight chance, and I'm torn is the reality that this team probrably wont go anywhere until we have that franchise QB, and Quinn could be that. BUT like you said we have other needs too...............3 picks in the top 60 is how you build something, they need more of it..........

I think too many people get caught up in wanting to fill as many holes as fast as possible. Yes, having a lot of draft picks is great, but if you can get your hands on a special player that can make a difference for 10 years it's probably in your best interest to sacrifice a pick or two.

dol_fan
03-29-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah i don't want us to move up either. i would be happy with getting drew stanton in the 2nd rd.

finyank13
03-29-2007, 01:31 PM
yeah i don't want us to move up either. i would be happy with getting drew stanton in the 2nd rd.

Stanton's nice, he threw the 18 yard out at the combine flawless........I wouldnt be angry one bit if Miami got him...........

PhinsRDbest
03-29-2007, 01:38 PM
I really think they will trade up if he gets past Clevlend.

finyank13
03-29-2007, 01:38 PM
I think too many people get caught up in wanting to fill as many holes as fast as possible. Yes, having a lot of draft picks is great, but if you can get your hands on a special player that can make a difference for 10 years it's probably in your best interest to sacrifice a pick or two.

Miami been sacrificing picks now for several years, with nothing to show for it, we wouldnt just be "plugging" holes, if Miami kept the picks, they would be plugging holes with early first day picks, good players, look at all the great teams, now and in the past(dallas, new england, giants) they all built those dominate teams throught the draft, looked what happened when N.O. give their draft picks away to get Ricky, who they thought was a "special" player, they suxed..........u gotta build championship teams through the draft with multiple picks every year, FA is for depth.................

VT Dolphan
03-29-2007, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't do anything drastic and trade up into the top 3 of the draft to draft Quinn. If we were to move up that high, it better be for Calvin Johnson. However, I would have no problem swapping picks with Washington should Quinn begin to slide. Finally landing a franchise QB is more important that whoever we would use that third round pick on anyway.

Ideally, I would like to see us trade down and address either the o-line or receiver in the mid-late 1st round area, but it isn't easy finding someone to trade down with. Now if a premeire player such as Adrian Peterson falls into our laps...thats shouldn't prove too difficult a task.

finyank13
03-29-2007, 01:40 PM
I really think they will trade up if he gets past Clevlend.

Right cuz if that happened he would make it to 6, then Miami would swoop in, but Cleveland has a love affair with this guy...........

finyank13
03-29-2007, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't do anything drastic and trade up into the top 3 of the draft to draft Quinn. If we were to move up that high, it better be for Calvin Johnson. However, I would have no problem swapping picks with Washington should Quinn begin to slide. Finally landing a franchise QB is more important that whoever we would use that third round pick on anyway.

Ideally, I would like to see us trade down and address either the o-line or receiver in the mid-late 1st round area, but it isn't easy finding someone to trade down with. Now if a premeire player such as Adrian Peterson falls into our laps...thats shouldn't prove too difficult a task.

Peterson would be scary on Miami, but you would get into the whole paying starter money to 2 guys who both would want to start, but split time, and if you traded ricky this u MIGHT get a 6th rounder for, however imagine Ronnie, Ricky and Peterson in the backfield, that would be beastly........

TXFinFan
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I know everyone is in love with Quinn as I do, but Miami aint getting him, and we need to start thinking that way. I've seen 3 new mocks today(one's on ESPN), and the lowest he is going is the Browns at 3, so something has to happen that doesnt involve us moving up. What I mean is the Browns getting a QB through FA, or Minny get one as well, plus Miami would have to move up too.......I've said it all along that this team better not move up to 2 and blow their picks on this kid, its way too much!!! Plus that puts Mueller in the hot seat in his "first" real year as GM, which I dont think he wants, I believe he will play the safe road. If Quinn falls to 6, he'll make a move, but if not he'll keep his 3 picks in the first 60 slots, or possibly trade down and get more.......thoughts??

Nobody thought Matt Lineart would fall to the Cardinals at #10 either.

VT Dolphan
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Peterson would be scary on Miami, but you would get into the whole paying starter money to 2 guys who both would want to start, but split time, and if you traded ricky this u MIGHT get a 6th rounder for, however imagine Ronnie, Ricky and Peterson in the backfield, that would be beastly........

I meant that if Peterson falls to us, there would probably be people very eager to trade up with us. Although, I would consider him a top three player in this draft and wouldn't mind having him on the team either.

finyank13
03-29-2007, 01:52 PM
I meant that if Peterson falls to us, there would probably be people very eager to trade up with us. Although, I would consider him a top three player in this draft and wouldn't mind having him on the team either.

Yeah you would have multiple suitors for that spot, if Peterson fell, I can only hope it happens...................

finyank13
03-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Nobody thought Matt Lineart would fall to the Cardinals at #10 either.

Thats why I say slight chance, but anything can happen brother.............

PhinsRDbest
03-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Right cuz if that happened he would make it to 6, then Miami would swoop in, but Cleveland has a love affair with this guy...........
Im hoping that since both Crennel and Savage are on the hot seat that they pass on Quinn.

finyank13
03-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Im hoping that since both Crennel and Savage are on the hot seat that they pass on Quinn.

It didnt help Miami that Quinn came out and said he wanted to play for Cleveland, coupled with they need a QB, might prove too much, but I hoping your right.................

LarryFinFan
03-29-2007, 03:17 PM

I felt after the combine he would be gone and then his college workout was even better than expected, that we'd never have a shot at him unless we traded up.

Wash would probably not be a good trade up partner, because they also need picks and would only get our #71 (our 3rd rnd pick) and perhaps our #181 (6th round). They'll want to move down to 15-16 and get a 2nd rounder plus a day two pick from someone in return.

Quinn is as close to 'immediate' help for us as any QB in the last several years. He is probably on par with Cutler (who I think will be a fixture very soon), Eli, Young, Rivers, Big Ben over the last few years. I'd love to have him, but not at the cost of a couple of day one picks. We just have too many holes to fill.

The absolute, best case scenario for us other than Quinn falling to us, and this is very, very doubtful would be a trade with GB...They'd have to be very enamored in particular with Peterson falling to #9 and them not very high on Lynch, who probably will be there at #16 for them....we'd likely get their #47 (2nd) and #118 (4th). That would give us #16, 40, 47, 60, 71 on day one and 108, 118, 181, 219, and 238 on day two...using one of the higher 4th round picks and a lower pick we could then jump up into the 3rd round if someone really caught our eye...but this is all hypothetical and would require the right things to fall in place.

Carolina is another potential partner, but it would require that they be really enamored with Willis and want to jump ahead of Buffalo. I didn't even consider any of our division guys as trade partners...that's not usually done either....

OneHondo
03-29-2007, 11:13 PM
I wonder how many teams would be interested if Peterson did fall to our pick at #9?

IMAWriter
03-29-2007, 11:52 PM

If Peterson fell to us, I'd keep HIM and trade Ronnie for a 2nd and 4th...no way we'd ever get a 1st for him...he has not produced...Ricky got huge yards with a line no better than last years.
Peterson would be a threat to score every time he touches the ball ala Barry Sanders. Injuries have been the question...last years was a fluke. Ronnie has had his share as well.
Too bad, I don't see Peterson falling to 9...as good as he is, or could be,I wouldn't trade up...for him...Johnson, YES.

craig
03-30-2007, 01:45 AM
All im saying ,We need a QB and if it means trading up and losing picks! So be it.. Do you guys understand if we dont get a qb ,where gonna be in the same boat every year!!!! Our D is aging and will need to replace some of them,so we will still blah on Off and our D wil slip to..Whos out there ,we can get Green (only a couple years ,if that! (Carr?) and if our D holds us in games ,we will be picking at 9 or 10 next year and miss another top QB,same crap year after year... Im sick of it!!! Get a damn QB already....