PDA

View Full Version : Insight on the MOST Accurate Draft Site

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-30-2007, 02:20 AM
I needed some of your personal insights on your favorite draft site. I ask this because I recently had a subscription to the SportingNews and enjoyed the fact that the workout numbers to all prospects were available, but did not like they're rankings even though they're prospect profiles are very nice to read. My subscrip. ran out on SportingNews and am no longer willing to pay for "Insider" info. on football.

I loved the fact that SportingNews had the workout numbers well laid out and wanted to know if any other "free" sites had information comparable.

bakedmatt
03-30-2007, 08:07 AM
I needed some of your personal insights on your favorite draft site. I ask this because I recently had a subscription to the SportingNews and enjoyed the fact that the workout numbers to all prospects were available, but did not like they're rankings even though they're prospect profiles are very nice to read. My subscrip. ran out on SportingNews and am no longer willing to pay for "Insider" info. on football.

I loved the fact that SportingNews had the workout numbers well laid out and wanted to know if any other "free" sites had information comparable.

SportingNews is a baseball magazine.

nfldraftcountdown.com is a good place to start.

Agent51
03-30-2007, 02:27 PM

Draft Tek seems to be pretty good and informative, and their mock even goes all 7 rounds. They also update pretty much daily so no clicking on a mock and finding out that, while it looks like a good mock, it's from 3 weeks ago and tons of stuff has changed since then. Not only does Draft Tek do the full 7 rounds with all actual trades and some projected trades, they also have a player database in which you can see how they are rising and falling (although they don't do actual player scouting). There are also positional needs for each team, and all ranked from top priority to no need at all, and everything in between.

http://www.drafttek.com/

www.nfldraftcountdown.com (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com) is a good one too, like bakedmatt said. That one has all the scouting reports and things like that on the players too.

I don't think there is one be-all-end-all site for mocks though. The best way to do it is pick 2 or 3 reputable sources not something like "mymockdraft.com" or "mockdraftforums.com" that are full of "average joe" submissions. While there may be good mocks in there, they also have a LOT of BS and garbage ones. I have a few sites that I check daily and compare all their info then ***** the draft that way.

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks, input appreciated

burghPhinFan
03-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Draft Tek seems to be pretty good and informative, and their mock even goes all 7 rounds. They also update pretty much daily so no clicking on a mock and finding out that, while it looks like a good mock, it's from 3 weeks ago and tons of stuff has changed since then. Not only does Draft Tek do the full 7 rounds with all actual trades and some projected trades, they also have a player database in which you can see how they are rising and falling (although they don't do actual player scouting). There are also positional needs for each team, and all ranked from top priority to no need at all, and everything in between.

http://www.drafttek.com/

yes! they have Beck in the 4th!!!:yes: