PDA

View Full Version : Fins making a move for Brady Quinn

esafille
03-30-2007, 04:35 AM
As I was finishing up some minor details on an assignment for a legal writing class, I was listening to Fox radio. At 4:18AM, I heard Jorge Sedano say that through 'hushes and whispers' he has heard that Dolphins are trying hard to put together a package to move up and grab Brady Quinn.

He also mentioned that they are shopping Olindo Mare for a 6th round pick

Thoughts?

IluvSundays
03-30-2007, 04:45 AM
hmmm i must say i do not like jorge sedano even tho he is a fins and yanks fan like me :) He just annoys me, interesting if the rumors are true

badbutt316
03-30-2007, 05:52 AM
If Quinn somehow managed to drop to the 6th pick, then I think the fins definately need to make a deal for him. They need a franchise QB and should stop beating around the bush and trying to sign a bunch of FA QBs who are either old, injury prone or underachievers (Harrington). I felt that they had a serious chance last year of trading up and landing either Leihnart or Cutler but decided to stand pat and chose Jason Allen.

jlfin
03-30-2007, 06:02 AM
If Quinn somehow managed to drop to the 6th pick, then I think the fins definately need to make a deal for him. They need a franchise QB and should stop beating around the bush and trying to sign a bunch of FA QBs who are either old, injury prone or underachievers (Harrington). I felt that they had a serious chance last year of trading up and landing either Leihnart or Cutler but decided to stand pat and chose Jason Allen.

That's because they had a fraud of a coach who had a myopic view of the draft i.e he could only evaluate SEC players.

Elliott 1
03-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Saban was a complete idiot with the personell stuff. Joe Berger should still be a Dolphin.

I don't see us trading up. The price is going to be to high. Detroit has been deluged with offers already. This is actually good news. It means we may still have a shot at trading down and getting a couple more picks.

SR 7
03-30-2007, 07:22 AM
That's because they had a fraud of a coach who had a myopic view of the draft i.e he could only evaluate SEC players.

gusy wahts the knock on Quinn? he can't win the big game right? what was it on manning? can't win the big game. who has a ring? manning. who doesnt? miami.

Bring in quinn, great pocket passer and through the years can bring a ring or 2 hoefully.

Kdawg954
03-30-2007, 07:32 AM
Would like Quinn, but not at the price of trading up . . . would rather groom Stanton and still keep my first rounder and not give up anything.

PhinsRDbest
03-30-2007, 08:35 AM
I hope they make a move for Quinn. If they go from 8 picks to 6 so be it. I want a Dolphins Quinn jersey so bad.

FINSFAN2781
03-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Ive said for the longest time, whether we like it or not, we are going to end up with Brady Quinn. Im just glad we will finally draft a QB after all these years.

Danny
03-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I just don't see it happening......if we get him he'd have to give up the farm and I don't see Muler doing that.

Ozzy rules!!

showstopper
03-30-2007, 10:27 AM
If we don't get QUINN, Stanton will not be the answer and he will not be drafted by the FINS. Next Wednesday when he comes in, Cameron will interview him and walk away shaking his head at how unintelligent this young man is.

miamitd13
03-30-2007, 10:37 AM
If Quinn could some how fall to Washington at 6 I'd think we'd have a shot - that is if the brass really want him. Washington has very few picks this year and I'd think they'd want to add picks if possible. If they are thinking defense they'd still find a good player at 9.

What would it take to move up three spots to 6 though - our 1st and a 3rd?

Perfect23
03-30-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't want Quinn he will struggle mightely in the NFL.:boohoo:

PhinsRDbest
03-30-2007, 10:54 AM
I think Tampa could be a trade partner too. If Oakland or Detroit takes CJ I think the Bucs would really want Okoye and where at the pefect postion to take him. The Draft trade chart says that it would 4(1800) for 9(1350) and 40(500) should do.

LouPhinFan
03-30-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm just worried about the price it would cost to move up. I really don't like the idea of giving up draft picks. We need as many of those as we can get. We need depth and youth very badly. I say its a year too soon to draft a QB. Next years draft will be a more "QB rich draft" with Brohm, Henne, Brennan, etc.

VT Dolphan
03-30-2007, 11:02 AM
I think Tampa could be a trade partner too. If Oakland or Detroit takes CJ I think the Bucs would really want Okoye and where at the pefect postion to take him. The Draft trade chart says that it would 4(1800) for 9(1350) and 40(500) should do.

I would do that in a heartbeat, and I'd say there is a pretty realistic chance of the draft unfolding that way. I really think that Johnson will be the Raiders pick all along, he is just too talented for them to pass up. I just don't see Detroit drafting Quinn either with Joe Thomas and Russell still on the board. I think there is a decent chance that Cleveland takes him, I think that their interest in Trent Green could just be a smokescreen.

But you scenario makes perfect sense. The Bucs seem to be really high on Okoye, he would fit their defense perfectly and reminds a lot of people of Warren Sapp. The draft values align almost perfectly as well. I would do that in a heartbeat.

FINSFAN2781
03-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Everyone is either for or against trading up for Quinn. It sounds like this is the guy Miami really wants and for once its for a QB. Now im not big on Quinn, id rather have Stanton, but if we get Quinn, i am willing to give him a shot to prove himself.

So we may have trade up to get him. If so, then good. Now im not big on trading up, but if this is the guy Miami really wants, then do it. Why does it seem every other team trades up and gets the players they want except for us. For once, lets do it. Dont sit back and hope he falls to you, if you want him, then get him. We all know we need a franchise QB, and OL help and other positions, but if Quinn is on top of the Fins list, then trade up and get him. Yeah we need our draft picks, but its not like we only 2 picks this year. If this Wilkonson deal falls through, we only have 8 picks instead of 9. If we trade up we will most likely lose our #9, #40 and possibly a later pick. So even thats the case, thats 3 less and still leaves us with 5. Now of course i would like more than 5, but everyone makes it seem that we will have 1 or 2 draft picks this year. We can still get 5 quality players with those picks.

I am all for drafting a QB, thats my 1 main thing for this draft. If that means trading up to get him, then so be it. Im tired of seeing other teams make moves to get the guy they want, now its time for us to do it. CC has cleaned house with players, we have a few new coaches, and this draft is another part of the future of the Dolphins. For once lets make a move and get the player we want.

PhinsRDbest
03-30-2007, 11:53 AM
I think they definitely wait to see who the Raiders pick before they start to talk to anyone. If the Raiders select Russell then they probably have to trade to 2 to get Quinn. If they select CJ then they might be able to deal to the 4-6 range to get Quinn.

Skeet84
03-30-2007, 11:54 AM
gusy wahts the knock on Quinn? he can't win the big game right? what was it on manning? can't win the big game. who has a ring? manning. who doesnt? miami.

Bring in quinn, great pocket passer and through the years can bring a ring or 2 hoefully.

Don't campare Manning to Quinn. Quinn also does not play in the SEC like Manning did. I am not a huge fan of Quinn, But I can't be mad if we get him. I however would rather get Calvin Johnson

Agent51
03-30-2007, 12:14 PM
I just don't see it happening......if we get him he'd have to give up the farm and I don't see Muler doing that.

Ozzy rules!!

There are certain scenerios in which we DON'T have to "give up the farm" for him. As long as he makes it past Detroit and Celeveland we are in prime position. TB and Arizona don't need him, so no need to movie into 4th or 5th, and Washington (or even the bears if that trade happens) don't need him, so we could trade our 1st pick and either the pats 2nd (for 1,650 total points, which is 50 MORE than #6 is worth) or our 3rd (for 1,585 total, which is 15 less than #6 is worth) to move up to 6.

I'd be MORE than willing to trade away the 2nd rounder from the Pats that we didn't even have a month ago, or our 3rd rounder, if it meant getting Quinn.

SR 7
03-30-2007, 12:19 PM
ppl are againast tradin up cuz of picks i get it but if he brings us a ring in 5 yrs that would be the greatest trade ever right? so guys think for a second, if hte FO is good wiht it we shold be to.

arsenal
03-30-2007, 12:28 PM
according to the oh so reliable draft value chart, our first and 3rd is 1585 pts, the number 6 pick (redskins) is 1600... with how the redskins FO seems to be lately, i think they would do that...

fin-atic
03-30-2007, 12:47 PM
I say do what you have to get him. Look at what we have been doing for ten years? Trying to find that diamond in the rough or retread to be the answer at QB. It isn't working. Go get a guy that as the ESPN crew would say "All he does is win". He is a long time starter and thrived under a pro Weiss system. He is ready for the Pros and will be great. We can pick up value with other picks, etc. and FAs. But we need a guy to run the show and throw the rock. I like the backfield of Quinn, Ronnie/Ricky and having Schlessinger blowing some holes in the line. Sweet.

Get r' done!

Fingers
03-30-2007, 01:22 PM
I agree 100%.

BlueFin
03-30-2007, 01:50 PM
There are certain scenerios in which we DON'T have to "give up the farm" for him. As long as he makes it past Detroit and Celeveland we are in prime position. TB and Arizona don't need him, so no need to movie into 4th or 5th, and Washington (or even the bears if that trade happens) don't need him, so we could trade our 1st pick and either the pats 2nd (for 1,650 total points, which is 50 MORE than #6 is worth) or our 3rd (for 1,585 total, which is 15 less than #6 is worth) to move up to 6.

I'd be MORE than willing to trade away the 2nd rounder from the Pats that we didn't even have a month ago, or our 3rd rounder, if it meant getting Quinn.

I concur.

BlueFin
03-30-2007, 01:55 PM
according to the oh so reliable draft value chart, our first and 3rd is 1585 pts, the number 6 pick (redskins) is 1600... with how the redskins FO seems to be lately, i think they would do that...

It seems like the players Washington might want would still be there at 9, seems like a deal to me.

Of course, this is the kind of deal that you probably will never hear about until draft day, and once Brady actually does make it to the 6th pick.

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-30-2007, 02:33 PM
So the move would be made to draft ahead of Minnesota?? Which teams are Miami concerned with from picks 5-8 that would threaten Brady not falling to #9 if he does fallthrough the #5 pick? The main concerns are the Lions, Browns and Buccaneers and there's nothing Miami can do about it if Tampa wants to draft Quinn, unless they want to make a Mike Ditka blow up and sell the farm. Carolina and Green Bay are the 2 possibilities to trade upto #8 or maybe #7 to select Quinn if he falls that far, and they would be having to trade ALOT to do that.
If Quinn goes through Tampa unselected, I don;t see why Miami would be looking to trade up.

alen1
03-30-2007, 03:40 PM
brady is goin to cleveland IMO

Captain Lou
03-30-2007, 04:16 PM
ppl are againast tradin up cuz of picks i get it but if he brings us a ring in 5 yrs that would be the greatest trade ever right? so guys think for a second, if hte FO is good wiht it we shold be to.

We had arguably the best qb ever, and no rings to show for it. Complete football teams win championships. You build teams through the draft. The only player you should even consider trading up for is Calvin Johnson. It makes a hell of a lot more sense to pick a player at 9 who can help us NOW, and pick a qb in the second who will have the advantage of sitting on the sidelines a year or 2. News flash neither Taylor,Thomas, or Porter will be on the roster in 5 years. Who is going to replace them. Hmmmm.......maybe draft picks.

JFoxx
03-30-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty torn on this one. I'm really not a big fan of giving away picks to get a top ranked player, but waiting until next or the following isn't going to be any easier. Sure there may be a few decent QB's next year, but assuiming we don't get any worse, we're still going to have to trade up to get them, so what's the difference other than it being 1 year later ? If the opportunity presents itself with someone in the 4-6 range, I don't think it would be a bad idea. But I think the top 3 teams are going to want a fortune for anyone to get into one of their spots. Let's not forget the affect Carr or Green could have on a few of these teams and who they might pick.

SabanHater
03-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Make the move.

Let's remember to keep the mood friendly. Thanks

Let's resolve this once and for all.

Fresh
03-30-2007, 04:38 PM
I'd rather move up for Calvin Johnson, as stated 500 times.

FINSFAN2781
03-30-2007, 04:43 PM
I'd rather move up for Calvin Johnson, as stated 500 times.

So would I, but it wont happen. CJ is the guy i want, but aint happening. Can only hope.

Dolfan32323
03-30-2007, 04:48 PM
CJ is amazing but if C-Pep is not ready to go what is the point of having an outstanding WR? Need someone to get him the ball and Quinn could be the answer for the future.

GRYPHONK
03-30-2007, 05:20 PM
I find it very funny that the biggest defense for Chris Chambers is lack of a QB to get him the ball.

Yet many wanna take Johnson. Which I wouldn't complain about.

We are finally in position to get that franchise QB who CAN get the ball to his WR'S and rather then fixing tht problem many would rather trade up nd get Johnson? Why? So we can say Johnsons #'s 3 years from are because of a lack of QB play?

Then we have a chance to get a guy for 1 year 2 years tops who, before his injury last season, had 4 straight seasons with a rating over 90. 3 straight seasons over 4,000 yrds passing to but the time. Green had nothing at WR yet he still found them and got nice numbers.

I don't understand how the biggest defense for Chris Chambers can be fixed yet some of you wanna bring in another WR when we can make a move to get the guy that will fix the problem

jlfin
03-30-2007, 05:22 PM
I don't want Quinn he will struggle mightely in the NFL.:boohoo:

Whatever. I didn't know you were psychic

jlfin
03-30-2007, 05:25 PM
[quote=Captain Lou;1061934401]You must be a business major or a corperate lawyer with that well designed argument. Let me try to counter you. I know it will be difficult. Here goes nothing.

Do you understand what shortsighted means? Do you understand what the most important position on a football team is? Do you realize how few opportunities an NFL team has to get in position to draft a franchise QB?

miami234ever
03-30-2007, 05:32 PM
I find it very funny that the biggest defense for Chris Chambers is lack of a QB to get him the ball.

Yet many wanna take Johnson. Which I wouldn't complain about.

We are finally in position to get that franchise QB who CAN get the ball to his WR'S and rather then fixing tht problem many would rather trade up nd get Johnson? Why? So we can say Johnsons #'s 3 years from are because of a lack of QB play?

Then we have a chance to get a guy for 1 year 2 years tops who, before his injury last season, had 4 straight seasons with a rating over 90. 3 straight seasons over 4,000 yrds passing to but the time. Green had nothing at WR yet he still found them and got nice numbers.

I don't understand how the biggest defense for Chris Chambers can be fixed yet some of you wanna bring in another WR when we can make a move to get the guy that will fix the problem

Nice. I agree 100%. Green did make a lot out of nothing. I'm hoping our 07 QB depth chart looks like:

Green/Quinn/Lemon.

I HATE to see Culpepper leave without a chance but if our coach (who is really good with QB's) doesn't like what he sees with Culpepper, then we should let him go instead of holding back the team for another year. I would trade our 1st, 2nd, and maybe a 2008 3rd or 4th for Quinn. This guy is that good. He's got heart and has winner written all over him.

jdang307
03-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Hell throw in our second 7th (from the pats) and the Redskins might think they made away like bandits. I'd do it!

Even our 1st and second 2nd as mentioned earlier would be okay with me to grab Quinn. That would mean in essence we traded Welker away for Brady Quinn.

Although I wouldn't be 100% certain Quinn makes it past Tampa Bay. Teams that don't need a QB have taken them when they're available. Don Shula's comments re:Dan Marino anyone??:lol:

DonShula84
03-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Hell throw in our second 7th (from the pats) and the Redskins might think they made away like bandits. I'd do it!

Even our 1st and second 2nd as mentioned earlier would be okay with me to grab Quinn. That would mean in essence we traded Welker away for Brady Quinn.

Although I wouldn't be 100% certain Quinn makes it past Tampa Bay. Teams that don't need a QB have taken them when they're available. Don Shula's comments re:Dan Marino anyone??:lol:

I'd do that as well. Our first and Welker for Quinn? In a heart beat.

Aqua4Ever04
03-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Do anything necessary to make sure Quinn is in aquamarine and coral orange. (Specifying those colors due to that teal debate in the main forum.) If we have a chance to get him, we have to do it. It's time to take our big time QB and this is the year we can do it. We could wait till next year and hope to find Brian Brohm, but I think we'll win too many games for that to happen.

SR 7
03-30-2007, 07:02 PM
We had arguably the best qb ever, and no rings to show for it. Complete football teams win championships. You build teams through the draft. The only player you should even consider trading up for is Calvin Johnson. It makes a hell of a lot more sense to pick a player at 9 who can help us NOW, and pick a qb in the second who will have the advantage of sitting on the sidelines a year or 2. News flash neither Taylor,Thomas, or Porter will be on the roster in 5 years. Who is going to replace them. Hmmmm.......maybe draft picks.

NEWSFLASH you think just like the miami FO of before. lets get someone to come help us NOW b/c we aren't worried about later. typtical american motto. what can you do for me today. I rather have a QB sit a year do JACK **** and us suck like we have the past 4 years and then become a damn good QB after 2-3 yrs then have a HAS BEEN or journeyman come in here take us to taht same LOSING season (like the prevoius 4) and still have no QB at the helm. do ppl ever think outside the box?

Aqua4Ever04
03-30-2007, 07:24 PM
NEWSFLASH you think just like the miami FO of before. lets get someone to come help us NOW b/c we aren't worried about later. typtical american motto. what can you do for me today. I rather have a QB sit a year do JACK **** and us suck like we have the past 4 years and then become a damn good QB after 2-3 yrs then have a HAS BEEN or journeyman come in here take us to taht same LOSING season (like the prevoius 4) and still have no QB at the helm. do ppl ever think outside the box?

In his slight defense, I think he's worried about how much longer our defense will be good for and thinks we can win this year. I too think we can win this year and do so even by drafting Quinn. Keep Culpepper or go get Green but still draft Quinn. Let the vet QB try to get it done this year and do just like the Broncos did. If Culpepper/Green struggles, go to Quinn. But I agree with you man, we have to draft Quinn.

Captain Lou
03-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Do you understand what shortsighted means? Do you understand what the most important position on a football team is? Do you realize how few opportunities an NFL team has to get in position to draft a franchise QB?

Ummm............how many rings did Marino get us, zero. Why is that ? We shouldn't waste picks to get Quinn. When we get someone like Stanton in second, and give him a year or 2 to learn the system. FYI just because we draft Quinn it doesn't garuantee his sucess.

Captain Lou
03-30-2007, 07:30 PM
I not saying we dont need a qb. I just think we should trade away picks to get one.

Aqua4Ever04
03-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Ummm............how many rings did Marino get us, zero. Why is that ? We shouldn't waste picks to get Quinn. When we get someone like Stanton in second, and give him a year or 2 to learn the system. FYI just because we draft Quinn it doesn't garuantee his sucess.

Quinn is lightyears ahead Stanton. Don't just assume because we can get him later that it is a better pick. Quinn is a special talent and we should do anything necessary to sure up the one position that has single handedly killed us the past 6 years.

The Rev
03-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Please remember that this is a friendly discussion. Any further use of caps to denote yelling will earn you some warning points. Thanks for your cooperation.

PhinsRDbest
03-30-2007, 07:34 PM
But it garuantees that Cameron has faith that he will suceed. Faith he doesn't show in Culpepper. Theres no garuantee that Stanton will be there in the 2nd.

zonk4ever
03-30-2007, 07:39 PM
I think we should do whatever it takes to move up and draft Quinn. Even if it means trading our entire draft and next year's #1. When you really analyze it, we're only one rookie Quarterback away from going to the Super Bowl.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaj
03-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Personally I'd rather see Miami have to search and scour for a LG because they gave up that second second rounder then have to search and scour for a QB because they got a guard.

1- Quinn sounds better than 1- Ted Ginn Jr.
2- McCauley 2- McCauley
2- Satele
Then a trade down to 3- Edwards
4- Higgins
4- Higgins
4- Datish
5- Julius Wilson

OneHondo
03-30-2007, 08:45 PM
There are a lot of different opinions regarding Quinn and the QB position. There have been a lot of good points made, both for and again'st trading up for him. I know how important picks are for adding players that are both needed now and needed in the future.
The one constant through all of the coaches, GMs and changes we have gone through is the lack of a good consistant QB. I can't say an effort hasn't been made to bring in a QB to fill the need but it always seems like we just can't get it done. We have tried to bring in other teams backups or a quarterback who once had success with no results. We have even drafted QBs in later rounds but just can't find that one quarterback who we can hitch our hopes on. We are so desperate for a quarterback that we even pin our hopes on a once successfull, former Pro-Bowl quarterback, recovering from a very serious knee injury who may never be the same.
The one thing we haven't tried is drafting a premier quarterback in the first round. It worked once with a 27th pick in the first round. Maybe its time we tried it again.

CpuFan
03-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Man I hope Quinn is picked!

PhinsRDbest
03-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Man I hope Quinn is picked!
Why we could get him as an undrafted free agent.:D

finfan54
03-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Everyone is either for or against trading up for Quinn. It sounds like this is the guy Miami really wants and for once its for a QB. Now im not big on Quinn, id rather have Stanton, but if we get Quinn, i am willing to give him a shot to prove himself.

So we may have trade up to get him. If so, then good. Now im not big on trading up, but if this is the guy Miami really wants, then do it. Why does it seem every other team trades up and gets the players they want except for us. For once, lets do it. Dont sit back and hope he falls to you, if you want him, then get him. We all know we need a franchise QB, and OL help and other positions, but if Quinn is on top of the Fins list, then trade up and get him. Yeah we need our draft picks, but its not like we only 2 picks this year. If this Wilkonson deal falls through, we only have 8 picks instead of 9. If we trade up we will most likely lose our #9, #40 and possibly a later pick. So even thats the case, thats 3 less and still leaves us with 5. Now of course i would like more than 5, but everyone makes it seem that we will have 1 or 2 draft picks this year. We can still get 5 quality players with those picks.

I am all for drafting a QB, thats my 1 main thing for this draft. If that means trading up to get him, then so be it. Im tired of seeing other teams make moves to get the guy they want, now its time for us to do it. CC has cleaned house with players, we have a few new coaches, and this draft is another part of the future of the Dolphins. For once lets make a move and get the player we want.

I sort of feel the same way. I am tired of hearing about talk of drafting at positions we are either stacked at or depth in the draft at the position. QB's are everything and I think Quinn is a stud enough to become great with a good work ethic and smarts. He has all the tools. If it means trading up to get him for our franchise QB, then that ? is solved for quite some time.

Captain Lou
03-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Quinn is lightyears ahead Stanton. Don't just assume because we can get him later that it is a better pick. Quinn is a special talent and we should do anything necessary to sure up the one position that has single handedly killed us the past 6 years.

A special talent who has never done anything spactacular. What are his special talents if you dont mind elaborating ?

OneHondo
03-30-2007, 10:18 PM
A special talent who has never done anything spactacular. What are his special talents if you dont mind elaborating ?

Weis raves about him and Weis is a pretty good judge of QB talent. Weis runs a pro-style offense so Quinn is NFL ready and wont have to learn as much to adapt to the pro game.

Watch this and you be the judge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJgmeEH1lrE

SR 7
03-30-2007, 10:33 PM
In his slight defense, I think he's worried about how much longer our defense will be good for and thinks we can win this year. I too think we can win this year and do so even by drafting Quinn. Keep Culpepper or go get Green but still draft Quinn. Let the vet QB try to get it done this year and do just like the Broncos did. If Culpepper/Green struggles, go to Quinn. But I agree with you man, we have to draft Quinn.

well either way to be honest, our D is onlyh old at the D line and somehwat LB if u include JT in that LB core. other then that, we are screwed b/c our heart and soul (no not ZT or JT but the entire VET group on D) are in the mid 30's at least. We need a lot of help and drafting all needs this year for age reasons then a QB 3 yrs from now will put us behind 3 yrs. a LB can come and shine right a way a QB is hard to do. So u get a QB now, give it 3 yrs to groom into a Vet and within those 3 yrs u have all those picks to go and replace players to play RIGHT off the bat. See how that works? I woudl do it that way.

jlfin
03-30-2007, 10:47 PM

Without Marino many of those teams would have been lucky to go 8-8. They had no running game and an average to below average defense.
A good QB can compensate for other deficiencies on your team. It is also uncommon to be in a position to grab a franchise QB. The Phins are within striking distance to get Quinn.
I am placing my trust in Mueller and Cameron. I'm sure they have scrutinized the top QB's in this draft in much greater detail than a poster on this site.

jlfin
03-30-2007, 10:50 PM

He bright and a quick study. According to Weiss he learned his playbook with no problems.
He's an accurate passer and a better athlete than he gets credit for. What did Peyton Manning, Tom Brady do that was spectacular in college.

jlfin
03-30-2007, 10:54 PM
I think we should do whatever it takes to move up and draft Quinn. Even if it means trading our entire draft and next year's #1. When you really analyze it, we're only one rookie Quarterback away from going to the Super Bowl.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One has nothing to do with the other. You must be laughing at your own post.
Quinn would represent a long term investment. It is much harder to find a franchise QB than it is to find any other position on a team.
Name me one position the Phins could draft that would make them a SB contender. :rolleyes2

GRYPHONK
03-31-2007, 02:55 AM
Nice. I agree 100%. Green did make a lot out of nothing. I'm hoping our 07 QB depth chart looks like:

Green/Quinn/Lemon.

I HATE to see Culpepper leave without a chance but if our coach (who is really good with QB's) doesn't like what he sees with Culpepper, then we should let him go instead of holding back the team for another year. I would trade our 1st, 2nd, and maybe a 2008 3rd or 4th for Quinn. This guy is that good. He's got heart and has winner written all over him.

Exactly.

Though I would be willing to bump that 3rd next year to 2nd.

#9, our 1st 2nd then a 2nd next year and a 2nd day pick either year.

I understand that is alot to give up, but we would still have a pick in every round other then the 5th. Plus we do still have tradable guys i.e. Culpepper, Booker, Mare, Yeremiah bell. Alone I don't really see any of them bringing us any value. But they could work in a package

Let's say A guy like Gonzalez or Griffin fall to Atlanta's pick in the 2nd. We could always offer our 3rd and Booker, or let's say we can offer our 3rd and Bell for the Jags 2nd and 4th or 5th. Those teams are both needing a Safety and a WR. The point would be to get younger with a WR like Gonzalez or Rice.

You just never know who will fall nd keep falling. Someone with off the field issues tht might be worth the chance i.e. Will Poole. If that guy could hve only stayed healthy. And he fell to the 4th. Didn't work out for us, but it ws worth the risk.

I am also never opposed to trading plyers or picks for next year picks as you can normally get 1 round higher then this year. Especially since we pick high in each round.

miamiron
03-31-2007, 06:14 AM
To much to give up!
As for Daunte...He's been hurt for 17 or so months so what can you get for him...didley squat
As for Mare teams just have to wait knowing were not going to pay both kickers millions of dollars and eventualy get Mare for nothing!
Bell...cant trade what you dont own
Booker...Is the only player in your group with any value but I'm sorry to say
you won't get very much for him

MrEd
03-31-2007, 11:00 AM
As I was finishing up some minor details on an assignment for a legal writing class, I was listening to Fox radio. At 4:18AM, I heard Jorge Sedano say that through 'hushes and whispers' he has heard that Dolphins are trying hard to put together a package to move up and grab Brady Quinn.

Thoughts?

I don't like the Quinn part. But I like the Mare part. :shakeno:

Phanatical
03-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Would like Quinn, but not at the price of trading up . . . would rather groom Stanton and still keep my first rounder and not give up anything.

I agree 100%. Now that the Dolphins FINALLY have a full compliment of picks, I would just HATE to see us trade them away for a QB that may or may not make it on the NFL level. I would rather stay put, take Quinn if he falls to 9, or take someone else later if he doesn't fall to 9 (I personally think that Smith would fit Cam's system and would likely be available in the third or fourth round).

GO PHINS~!

finfan54
03-31-2007, 04:31 PM

Ozzy rules!!

I dont know about the farm, but next years #1 might do the trick with one of our seconds. If they feel the guy is the Franchise, they will do it. And its about time we drafted a QB.

Blitz
04-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Anybody who thinks we have any chance of winning the Super Bowl next year needs to step back and look at the poor shape we're in on offense. Yes, we may be relatively solid, yet old, on defense, but Calvin Johnson alone isn't going to make us Super Bowl contenders on offense next year.

We're nuts to pass on Quinn if the Redskins agree to take our top two picks in exchange for the sixth overall pick. I wouldn't give up the farm for Quinn, or anybody for that matter, but he's certainly worth our top two picks, and possibly a pick in next year's draft too. I'm still upset that we didn't move up to get Leinart last year. I don't want to see us pass on Brady Quinn this year if the opportunity presents itself...

I would love to see a QB don the aqua and orange and perform at a high level for 12-15 years. Wouldn't you?

ASUFinFan
04-01-2007, 03:13 AM
[Blitz] Anybody who thinks we have any chance of winning the Super Bowl next year needs to step back and look at the poor shape we're in on offense. Yes, we may be relatively solid, yet old, on defense, but Calvin Johnson alone isn't going to make us Super Bowl contenders on offense next year.

We're nuts to pass on Quinn if the Redskins agree to take our top two picks in exchange for the sixth overall pick. I wouldn't give up the farm for Quinn, or anybody for that matter, but he's certainly worth our top two picks, and possibly a pick in next year's draft too. I'm still upset that we didn't move up to get Leinart last year. I don't want to see us pass on Brady Quinn this year if the opportunity presents itself...

I would love to see a QB don the aqua and orange and perform at a high level for 12-15 years. Wouldn't you?

I agree. Our offense is going to need a year or two to gel most likely. But hell, look at the saints of last year. You just never know. A new coach can bring a whole new attitude to the team.

Also, I think that Quinn is going to be alot better of a pro then Leinart is. Leinart isnt getting the best rep out here in Zona from the cards. Lot of the team doesnt like his attitude supposedly.

Finfanforever
04-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Listen...I have read info and opinions on the draft for 3 months now. "D-Line is too old...draft Branch or a DE". "The secondary needs help...draft Hall or Landry". "We need a Left tackle...draft Brown". These are all legitimate opinions...however, we Dolphin fans must keep in mind:

1. We ARE NOT going to fix this team with ONE draft.
2. If nothing else is obvious about this off-season one thing is...Cam and
Mueller DO NOT have much confidence in C-Pep.
3. This may be the Dolphins last chance (and best chance) to add what I
think is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the draft and THE BEST QB in this
draft...Brady Quinn.
4. Although "giving up the farm" to get him would be ridiculous giving up a
1st and one of our seconds is not.

I would not be suprised if Oakland takes Johnson and we trade up with Tampa Bay to grab Quinn. I also would not be shocked to see Culpepper delt on draft day to move up or just to obtain another pick...This is going to be a very exciting draft. I just hope I DON'T waist my whole day only to hear..."with the 9th selection in the first round the Miami Dolphins select....Jamar Fletcher! :fire:

Fingers
04-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Listen...I have read info and opinions on the draft for 3 months now. "D-Line is too old...draft Branch or a DE". "The secondary needs help...draft Hall or Landry". "We need a Left tackle...draft Brown". These are all legitimate opinions...however, we Dolphin fans must keep in mind:

draft...Brady Quinn.

I would not be suprised if Oakland takes Johnson and we trade up with Tampa Bay to grab Quinn. I also would not be shocked to see Culpepper delt on draft day to move up or just to obtain another pick...This is going to be a very exciting draft. I just hope I DON'T waist my whole day only to hear..."with the 9th selection in the first round the Miami Dolphins select....Jamar Fletcher! :fire:

I agree. Miami needs to make a move for a franchise QB. Quinn seems the logical fit for Cam's offense.

Regan21286
04-01-2007, 02:59 PM

Thoughts?

If the Brady Quinn move up is a fair move and we do get something in return for Mare, I would anoint Randy Mueller as Exalted Genius God of the NFL.

Agent51
04-01-2007, 03:14 PM

draft...Brady Quinn.

Bringing back BAD memories man. Drew Brees is the guy I wanted MONTHS before the draft. I didn't think he'd be there but then he was and I was sure he was a lock, I was already standing up getting ready for a huge fist pump and maybe a little "jump of joy" that we finally get a franchise QB since Marino's departure. However, when JAMAR FLETCHER was called, that would be fist pump turned into a "break the drywall" wall punch.

Then Drew Brees went on to a few pro bowls (so far, I'm sure more are coming) with two DIFFERENT teams, showing it wasn't just LT and Gates making him look good, and Jamaer Fletcher never made it past our nickle corner. Is he even still in the league?

DUB
04-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I agree. Miami needs to make a move for a franchise QB. Quinn seems the logical fit for Cam's offense.

I'm with you. You have to have the, we won't be picking this high again approach and move up to grab a franchise QB.

PhinsRDbest
04-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Bringing back BAD memories man. Drew Brees is the guy I wanted MONTHS before the draft. I didn't think he'd be there but then he was and I was sure he was a lock, I was already standing up getting ready for a huge fist pump and maybe a little "jump of joy" that we finally get a franchise QB since Marino's departure. However, when JAMAR FLETCHER was called, that would be fist pump turned into a "break the drywall" wall punch.

Then Drew Brees went on to a few pro bowls (so far, I'm sure more are coming) with two DIFFERENT teams, showing it wasn't just LT and Gates making him look good, and Jamaer Fletcher never made it past our nickle corner. Is he even still in the league?
Ouch!! sounds familiar. Mines was throw the remote at the wall smashing it into a thousand pieces.

Agent51
04-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Ouch!! sounds familiar. Mines was throw the remote at the wall smashing it into a thousand pieces.

In retrospect that would have been the smarter thing to do, as I ended up with what the doctor called a "boxer's fracture", which still hurts to this day whenever I tap the side of my hand with a little force on something. The doctor prescribed me a pillow, lol. He was like "next time, punch a pillow" :lol:

ASUFinFan
04-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm with you. You have to have the, we won't be picking this high again approach and move up to grab a franchise QB.

Exactly what Miami needs to do. If we are within 5 or so spots from what Cam thinks is the perfect franchise qb for this team, then lets step up to the plate and swing. Theres no better time to do it then now.

lynchmobb34
04-01-2007, 04:12 PM
If Quinn could some how fall to Washington at 6 I'd think we'd have a shot - that is if the brass really want him. Washington has very few picks this year and I'd think they'd want to add picks if possible. If they are thinking defense they'd still find a good player at 9.

Only problem with that is if Washington pulls the trade off with the Bears for Lance Briggs and #31 your looking at the Bears at #6,and i could see them taking Quinn if he falls that far.

Agent51
04-01-2007, 04:25 PM

Realistically we have a shot right now, wed just have to give up a lot to move into Detroit's spot.

Also, we have an excellent shot if he's there at 4, we don't HAVE to wait for him to go to 6. TB, Arizona, and Washington are all set at QB, so after Cleveland just Minny stands in the way.

As far as what it would take to move up 3 spots, yes, #9 and #71 would be 15 points less than the value of #6 (according to the value chart), so if Washington wanted to be stingy we could sub the #60 in for the #71 and then the value would be 50 MORE points than the #6. We could also move into #4 with our #9 and #40, which is also 50 MORE points than #4 is worth. This all all purely hypothetical though, since "it takes two to tango", and TB or Washington would obviously have to agree with the trades. Just because they make sense on the value chart doesn't mean the other team is willing to actually do it.