PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else enjoy watching..."American chopper"?

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 02:29 PM
Big Paul and Paulie get along like Marsha and OJ.

ohall
07-01-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Big Paul and Paulie get along like Phin and bills fans.

Always!

I watch Discovery channel on Monday nights when MNF is not on.

It's a GREAT show, it's fun to watch them build their motorbikes, and it's even more fun to see pops and son fight!

I think half the time they are just making drama for the cameras. They know what keeps them on TV, and they are smart business ppl. The longer the show runs, the better it is for them and their business.

Do you watch Monster garage and Monster house?

Oliver...

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 02:36 PM
Yup...watch both of them. :up:

Scrap
07-01-2003, 03:02 PM
I love watching American Chopper. I had a post on this a few weeks back.Pagan said he lives somewhere near their shop.

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by ScrappyDew
I love watching American Chopper. I had a post on this a few weeks back.Pagan said he lives somewhere near their shop.

I don`t get who the 16 yr. old kid is. Big Paul`s grandson?

ohall
07-01-2003, 03:30 PM

I don`t get who the 16 yr. old kid is. Big Paul`s grandson?

I don't know for sure, but I think they connected with the KID through school programs they partake in. They just bonded with the KID. I haven't watched the show from the start so I'm not 100% sure. Even though he says the KID is family, he's not, that much I know.

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 03:37 PM
It was pretty neat that Paul gave him the bike that they worked on together (last night`s show).

I`m looking forward to next week to see how the apache helecopter theme bike turns out.

Scrap
07-01-2003, 04:04 PM
I think it will be a pretty sweet looking bike. I didn't get to see the whole show last night, only the second half. Did they give Cody a bike?

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 04:08 PM
I think it will be a pretty sweet looking bike. I didn't get to see the whole show last night, only the second half. Did they give Cody a bike?

Yup, the one that he and Big Paul built together. (1st half of the show).

Scrap
07-01-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm sure I'll get a chance to see it. Don't they replay it some time during the week?

inFINSible
07-01-2003, 04:50 PM
I saw them talking to Cody's mom one time about him going to Daytona.....I think he just lucked out and got a job there because his Mom knew big Paul....i think she's like their insurance salesperson or something like that.

Big Paul is taking him under his wing because he's the only one that still listens to him.....he likes that. But cody is definately no relation.

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
I saw them talking to Cody's mom one time about him going to Daytona.....I think he just lucked out and got a job there because his Mom knew big Paul....i think she's like their insurance salesperson or something like that.

Big Paul is taking him under his wing because he's the only one that still listens to him.....he likes that. But cody is definately no relation.

Thanks inFINS.

ohall
07-01-2003, 04:53 PM

I like Big Paul, I think his son has his head up his own a$$. I think they have alot of frustrations based on Paul Jr's past drug issues.

I know it's mostly for the TV show how they act, but that's how I see their relationship.

Oliver...

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 04:54 PM
I'm sure I'll get a chance to see it. Don't they replay it some time during the week?

I think it was the first show of the new season, so I doubt it, but not absolutely sure.

Scrap
07-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Oliver

I like Big Paul, I think his son has his head up his own a$$. I think they have alot of frustrations based on Paul Jr's past drug issues.

I know it's mostly for the TV show how they act, but that's how I see their relationship.

Oliver...

I think Big Paul keeps things straight around there, but he's a bit hard on Paul Jr. if you ask me.

Paul Jr. is braver than I am. I don't think Big Paul is someone I would want to talk back too.

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 05:17 PM

Oliver...

I probably didn`t see the first one or two shows and wasn`t aware of Paulie`s past drug issues. I think the old man is a little over bearing tho.

He shows a lot more defference to Mikey and Cody. Personally, If I were Pauly, I`d tell the old man to kiss my ***. :lol:

inFINSible
07-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Paulie definately knows how to push the old man's buttons and he does it intentionally.....it's a classic father/son scenario, they are the same person with opposite views on things.......They will NEVER see eye to eye.....trust me when I tell ya I KNOW that relationship...

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Paulie definately knows how to push the old man's buttons and he does it intentionally.....it's a classic father/son scenario, they are the same person with opposite views on things.......They will NEVER see eye to eye.....trust me when I tell ya I KNOW that relationship...

Same thing with my Pop. We bonded later in life tho. He passed away a couple yrs. ago. I miss him.

inFINSible
07-01-2003, 05:38 PM
I'm sure I'm going to miss my Dad when he's gone but right now:chair:

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 05:44 PM
I'm sure I'm going to miss my Dad when he's gone but right now:chair:

:lol: ....oh yeah, what about Vinnie. The two Pauls get into it and he just keeps pluggin.. Wonder how much money these guys make. They`d have to pay me plenty to stay in the same room with those two all day. :D

inFINSible
07-01-2003, 05:54 PM
I could get so lost in that fabricating that I wouldn't even hear them...:lol:.......I'll take that job in a heart beat!

ohall
07-01-2003, 06:00 PM

I probably didn`t see the first one or two shows and wasn`t aware of Paulie`s past drug issues. I think the old man is a little over bearing tho.

He shows a lot more defference to Mikey and Cody. Personally, If I were Pauly, I`d tell the old man to kiss my ***. :lol:

What I don't get with Paul Sr is he says you have to plan on the unexpected all the time. Just how exactly do you do that? If you add 2 days to a build for unexpected things, and another 2 days of unexpected pops up, who's really at fault?

I just look at the BIKES they make and I am totally impressed with Jr's work. The guy is a true artist, and I think his biggest beef with his dad is his dad is basically jealous of how talented Jr is. I think all the things Jr does, Sr would have to work 3 times as hard to accomplish the same thing.

At the same time like the helper guy says I see both their sides, and I honestly believe Sr stirs things up for the camera, because it's good for the show. And as long as the show runs it's good for OCC their business.

All I know is that it's totally a great way to spend an hour. The BEST is when you watch the show with friends and/or family. Talk about a great way to get a convo going! :D

Oliver...

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 06:04 PM
Oliver....Did you see Monster House last night? The steel fabricator was a hoot. They could do a series just about him. lol

inFINSible
07-01-2003, 06:08 PM
isn't that really all TV is anymore??.....I remember when I was a kid, if we had company the TV went off.....nowadays it seems like it's always on even when company is over and it is being used to facilitate conversation....usually with great success......the temptation to talk about things you are watching together is so great that they make rules against it in most places....not at home though, you can say whatever you feel like saying at anytime you want, it's actually quite liberating!

Talk about a great way to get a convo going!

ohall
07-01-2003, 06:09 PM
Oliver....Did you see Monster House last night? The steel fabricator was a hoot. They could do a series just about him. lol

Smiley!

Yeah he was a total hoot.

"We all have our own internal JAILS" and, "People are the true HELL"!

Man that was some deep stuff he was talking about! :D

Would you ever sign up for one of those shows? I've been trying to talk my sister and mother to do it.

Oliver...

Capt. Dick
07-01-2003, 06:13 PM

Smiley!

Yeah he was a total hoot.

"We all have our own internal JAILS" and, "People are the true HELL"!

Man that was some deep stuff he was talking about! :D

Would you ever sign up for one of those shows? I've been trying to talk my sister and mother to do it.

Oliver...

Sure...why not...total fun.

relive1972
07-01-2003, 09:17 PM
I hadn't watched American Chopper 'til last week, they aired 3 hours of it instead of Monster House and Monster Garage. I thought it was pretty neat, the bike Paul Jr. built in honor of the NYC Firemen was awesome! I agree, I think Paul Sr. starts most of the crap just for ratings, and he seems to pick on Jr. all the time while leaving the others alone. Like last week, he told Mike to ship out a frame, Mike forgot to, so he climbed all over Jr's butt about it.

I really like Monster garage, I've always been more into cars than bikes. Last night, that desert rat guy with the long moustache really knew his stuff, like when they were trying to retract the extension of that ramp with a couple of gate springs and it didn't work, he looked at it, tacked on a couple of metal bars to the thing, and it worked fine.

Monday Night Football ratings will never rebound with the line-up Discovery Channel has.

Pagan
07-02-2003, 09:57 AM
That shop is right near my house....great show. I love it when they argue...