PDA

View Full Version : Will Miami steal the show?

PhinsRDbest
03-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Do you think if Miami makes the trade up to get Quinn. Will they be the story of the draft. Will they be the one story that ESPN rehashes every 20 minutes of draft high lights. Pictures of Quinn holding a Dolphins jersey on the stage. You hear the Jets fans booing. I think they will.

Mexican Dolphin
03-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Do you think if Miami makes the trade up to get Quinn. Will they be the story of the draft. Will they be the one story that ESPN rehashes every 20 minutes of draft high lights. Pictures of Quinn holding a Dolphins jersey on the stage. You here the Jets fans booing. I think they will.

I would love something like that

OnSlaught
03-31-2007, 04:17 PM
lol anything to hear the jets fans booing

phinsfan1221
03-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Do you think if Miami makes the trade up to get Quinn. Will they be the story of the draft. Will they be the one story that ESPN rehashes every 20 minutes of draft high lights. Pictures of Quinn holding a Dolphins jersey on the stage. You here the Jets fans booing. I think they will.
i hope so, the board would break down from the traffic, hate jet fans

Boone
03-31-2007, 05:10 PM
:jetssuck:

wazzy
03-31-2007, 05:31 PM
That would be awsome! So all the uninformed no intelligent brainwashed fans can say "oh well Miami might have a good team this year"!

Dolfan32323
03-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Regardless we will be hearing the Jets fans moaning at whatever pick they make this year. Drafting Quinn would be icing on the cake.

Dolfan32323
03-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Here is the best Jets vid :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

fishypete
03-31-2007, 07:58 PM
First trade up with whom? Next....lets all remember that before Weiss....Quinn was at best an average QB...the stats tell us that;

2003....47.3 comp %

2004...54.1 comp %

We have no idea how Quinn will react without Weiss being over his shoulder...so buyer beware.

FINSFAN2781
03-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Of course the Jets will boo, thats the only thing they do. Plus its the draft, so they will **** that up like they always do. I just cant wait to hear it.

dominizzo
03-31-2007, 09:25 PM
We want Sapp We want Sapp!! SAd Brady sux

miami234ever
04-01-2007, 12:41 AM
New York Jets select fullback.......(Ooooooo Nooooooo!)

Aqua4Ever04
04-01-2007, 02:10 AM
I want Quinn so bad, it's ridiculous. If we trade up it will be a huge deal becasue it doesn't seem to happen that much any more. If Quinn slips past the first 3 picks, we absolutely have to make sure he's ours.

ASUFinFan
04-01-2007, 02:21 AM
I want Quinn so bad, it's ridiculous. If we trade up it will be a huge deal becasue it doesn't seem to happen that much any more. If Quinn slips past the first 3 picks, we absolutely have to make sure he's ours.

I agree. There is an extent to this, but when we see something that we like, we need to make sure we get it. If Cam really is sold on Quinn being the perfect qb to run his system, then lets go get him. Dont let things fall into our lap, lets take the initiative. step up to the plate and swing miami!

Aqua4Ever04
04-01-2007, 02:38 AM
I agree. There is an extent to this, but when we see something that we like, we need to make sure we get it. If Cam really is sold on Quinn being the perfect qb to run his system, then lets go get him. Dont let things fall into our lap, lets take the initiative. step up to the plate and swing miami!

Exactly. If we don't move into the top 3 (which we won't) I will be very nervous on draft day. I will breathe a sigh of relief if he does fall and will fully expect us to move up to 6th or 7th in the draft to get our guy.

ASUFinFan
04-01-2007, 02:46 AM
Exactly. If we don't move into the top 3 (which we won't) I will be very nervous on draft day. I will breathe a sigh of relief if he does fall and will fully expect us to move up to 6th or 7th in the draft to get our guy.

Yah I am not sure whats going to happen. I would love for the raiders to nab carr so that they could then take CJ. Detroit I just cant see taking a qb. I have a feeling that Millen will want to go with the safest of safest picks and that is Thomas. Cleveland is tough, but I dont think that the lewis signing means anything. I believe they brought him in for one year just so that they dont have to make peterson take the full load his rookie year. year two say goodbye to lewis. Tampa is where I would like to trade up to. I dont want the dolphins to take any chances. I dont think that Tampa would take a qb, but if we are as sold on quinn as some think we are, then I would trade with them to make sure we are 100 percent getting quinn.

ASUFinFan
04-01-2007, 02:51 AM
With that said, it wouldnt take all that much to trade up to four. switch firsts, and throw in our late second and there you have it. thats just off the top of my head, I havnt looked at a draft chart, but I think that would get it done. at 9 tampa could still get Okoye who they really like.

Vertical Limit
04-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Here is the best Jets vid :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

WOW. DID THEY REALLY PICKED UP AN EFFING FULLBACK IN ROUND 1?

PhinsRDbest
04-01-2007, 11:25 AM
With that said, it wouldnt take all that much to trade up to four. switch firsts, and throw in our late second and there you have it. thats just off the top of my head, I havnt looked at a draft chart, but I think that would get it done. at 9 tampa could still get Okoye who they really like.
Draft chart I believe says 9 and 40 to trade to 4. But I agree as soon as Clevlends done picking and none of the top 3 are Quinn Randy should be on the phone with the Bucs.

Rhody Phins Fan
04-01-2007, 12:34 PM
First trade up with whom? Next....lets all remember that before Weiss....Quinn was at best an average QB...the stats tell us that;

2003....47.3 comp %

2004...54.1 comp %

We have no idea how Quinn will react without Weiss being over his shoulder...so buyer beware.

This argument is pretty weak. In his first two years he improved and then when Weiss came he improved even more. I can't see how improving every year is a bad thing. It's a really good thing that he did so well in a pro style offense.

HybridPHIN 23
04-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Do you think if Miami makes the trade up to get Quinn. Will they be the story of the draft. Will they be the one story that ESPN rehashes every 20 minutes of draft high lights. Pictures of Quinn holding a Dolphins jersey on the stage. You hear the Jets fans booing. I think they will.
the team that you think will trade down : they won't pass on quinn either.

Elliott 1
04-01-2007, 04:12 PM

no he isn't who you think he is

fishypete
04-01-2007, 06:24 PM
This argument is pretty weak. In his first two years he improved and then when Weiss came he improved even more. I can't see how improving every year is a bad thing. It's a really good thing that he did so well in a pro style offense.

Weak....what was weak was N.D. schedule....every decent team they played against they lost.

Michigan....USC and LSU....and they lost big.

PhinSoldia
04-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Yah I am not sure whats going to happen. I would love for the raiders to nab carr so that they could then take CJ. Detroit I just cant see taking a qb. I have a feeling that Millen will want to go with the safest of safest picks and that is Thomas. Cleveland is tough, but I dont think that the lewis signing means anything. I believe they brought him in for one year just so that they dont have to make peterson take the full load his rookie year. year two say goodbye to lewis. Tampa is where I would like to trade up to. I dont want the dolphins to take any chances. I dont think that Tampa would take a qb, but if we are as sold on quinn as some think we are, then I would trade with them to make sure we are 100 percent getting quinn.

the raiders are going to take who is willing to sign the cheapest contract-they cant go wrong with CJ but if they dont give Russel a line and weapons(who want to play) things will be dreadful

Aqua4Ever04
04-01-2007, 08:38 PM

Yeah dude I agree with everything your saying. Over the course of the next 4 weeks, things could change big time. Like you said, if Oakland gets Carr I don't think they go with a QB. This then brings it on Cleveland like you said. I like your analysis of Peterson and I too think he could go there. The question is do these 2 teams prefer Russell or Quinn?

As for your 2nd post I agree about swaping first and losing a 2nd. It would be so worth it to get Quinn.

VT Dolphan
04-01-2007, 08:42 PM

2003....47.3 comp %

2004...54.1 comp %

It's called learning on the job. How many QB's step in and have immediate success right off the bat? I could have been his coach for his junior and senior years and his stats would have improved. Having Weiss couldn't have hurt, but you can't attribute all Quinn's success to Weiss' presence.

Vegas dolfan
04-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I want to see the fins trade down to like 12 then Draft Ted Ginn Jr.!!!!!! We will get the playmaker we need and a extra pic.

Nappy Roots
04-01-2007, 09:12 PM

2003....47.3 comp %

2004...54.1 comp %

its amazing how you use this argument. but the fact remains, he had a bad team with a bad coach, and did exactly what most college QBs do, dont play great their first 2 years.

and how he will react without weiss? weiss runs a pro style offense. weiss isnt his daddy. hes a grown *** man, weiss is a good coach, but this is the NFL, he'll never have to deal with a horrible coach again.

VT Dolphan
04-01-2007, 10:25 PM
its amazing how you use this argument. but the fact remains, he had a bad team with a bad coach, and did exactly what most college QBs do, dont play great their first 2 years.

and how he will react without weiss? weiss runs a pro style offense. weiss isnt his daddy. hes a grown *** man, weiss is a good coach, but this is the NFL, he'll never have to deal with a horrible coach again.

I think Art Shell single-handedly destroyed your "every coach in the NFL is competent" argument. :lol:

TexanPhinatic
04-02-2007, 12:19 AM
but this is the NFL, he'll never have to deal with a horrible coach again.

Haha, yeah there are no bad NFL coaches, oh wait ....

Anyway I hear what your saying. So what if Quinn wasnt a heisman frontrunner his freshman year? And people seriously are going to say his improvement is a bad thing? What the hell?

I dont understand some people really. Im waiting for the first "Id rather have Stanton" post in here.:rolleyes2

Agent51
04-02-2007, 12:29 AM

I would KILL to have him up there holding up the #1 Dolphins jersey.

And I think the jets will be saving all of their booing energy for their pick.

2003....47.3 comp %

2004...54.1 comp %

He also played in a West Coast offense those 2 years under Ty, and we aren't a West Coast offense. He THRIVED in Weis pro-style offense.

Dolfan2788
04-02-2007, 06:02 AM
I'd give the Lions this years 60, next years 2nd and 3rd rounders to move up to the 2nd spot and nab Quinn if the Raiders pass on him. I don't know if that's enough and if it wasn't then I would chuck in something else from next years draft as well seeming as Cam wants to build the O-line this year and through the draft.

CANDolphan
04-02-2007, 04:43 PM
I'd give the Lions this years 60, next years 2nd and 3rd rounders to move up to the 2nd spot and nab Quinn if the Raiders pass on him. I don't know if that's enough and if it wasn't then I would chuck in something else from next years draft as well seeming as Cam wants to build the O-line this year and through the draft.

And the lions would say screw off.

The Lions are going to get a 2nd and a 3rd in this years draft if CJ falls to #2

fishypete
04-03-2007, 12:06 AM
I would KILL to have him up there holding up the #1 Dolphins jersey.

And I think the jets will be saving all of their booing energy for their pick.

He also played in a West Coast offense those 2 years under Ty, and we aren't a West Coast offense. He THRIVED in Weis pro-style offense.

A west coast offense IS a pro-style offense ask G.B. and S.F....he should have had great numbers...since they use shorter routes...yet his completion ratings were lousy. You claim he thrived with Weiss....yet he couldn't beat a good team he faced....have you seen his record from last season...he beat teams like Army...Navy...Air Force and barely beat Georgia Tech. You want to talk about hype...Geez. N.D. lost to every top team they played last season....and lost big. I see Quinn as no better than Smith and Rodgers.

PublixSubsRule
04-03-2007, 07:28 AM

2003....47.3 comp %

2004...54.1 comp %

OK WHATS TO BE AWARE OF? Those two seasons he was a Freshman and Sophomore. And also he showed progression. I think those two signes are good not bad.

PublixSubsRule
04-03-2007, 07:35 AM
A west coast offense IS a pro-style offense ask G.B. and S.F....he should have had great numbers...since they use shorter routes...yet his completion ratings were lousy. You claim he thrived with Weiss....yet he couldn't beat a good team he faced....have you seen his record from last season...he beat teams like Army...Navy...Air Force and barely beat Georgia Tech. You want to talk about hype...Geez. N.D. lost to every top team they played last season....and lost big. I see Quinn as no better than Smith and Rodgers.

WHY DO PEOPLE GET THIER PANTIES IN A BUNCH BECAUSE HE DIDN'T BEAT ANY GOOD TEAMS?

Does he play all 11 positions on offence and defense? Did he call the plays and make the game plans?

I don't think he did, also who cares if he hasn't won the big game in college...people said Peyton Manning would never win a Super Bowl and look what happened.

ONE QUESTION: YOU PEOPLE THAT CONPLAIN ABOUT HIS RECORD VS. TOP TEAMS, DO YOU WANT TO DRAFT CHRIS LEAK IN THE 1ST ROUND BECAUSE HE HAD A GREAT RECORD AGAINST TOP RANKED PEOPLE!!!

fishypete
04-03-2007, 09:13 AM
WHY DO PEOPLE GET THIER PANTIES IN A BUNCH BECAUSE HE DIDN'T BEAT ANY GOOD TEAMS?

Does he play all 11 positions on offence and defense? Did he call the plays and make the game plans?

I don't think he did, also who cares if he hasn't won the big game in college...people said Peyton Manning would never win a Super Bowl and look what happened.

ONE QUESTION: YOU PEOPLE THAT CONPLAIN ABOUT HIS RECORD VS. TOP TEAMS, DO YOU WANT TO DRAFT CHRIS LEAK IN THE 1ST ROUND BECAUSE HE HAD A GREAT RECORD AGAINST TOP RANKED PEOPLE!!!

This from you people....I wouldn't draft Leak either.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-03-2007, 10:50 AM

2003....47.3 comp %

2004...54.1 comp %

um, what we DO know is that quinn got better each year after starting as a true freshman playing against top competition with little talent around him, then learning a pro-style offense and running it to perfection.

you don't know how ANY quarterback will do in the NFL without someone "being over his shoulder." that's the most ridiculous argument ever.