PDA

View Full Version : For all the Quinn doubters

Dolfansal
04-01-2007, 08:18 AM
How can some of you compare him to Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith. All this guy did was start 4 seasons for one of the most prestegious football teams in the country.

Can anyone name a 4 year starter at a top D1 college that was a bust in the NFL. Leaf, Akili were 1 year wonders.

4 year starters that I can think of: Peyton, Rivers

Kdawg954
04-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Cade Mcnown?

But besides that, u are right . . . he should transition very well to the NFL, and be a very good QB for someone. I hope that someone is us . . . . but not at the cost of giving up our whole first day draft and part of the 08 first day draft.

Vertical Limit
04-01-2007, 09:20 AM
I don't want to pull a New York Giants-type of trade and trade everything we got for this guy.

Though IMO Brady Quinn is much more worthy of that type of trade then Eli Manning.

Fineas
04-01-2007, 10:04 AM
How can some of you compare him to Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith. All this guy did was start 4 seasons for one of the most prestegious football teams in the country.

Can anyone name a 4 year starter at a top D1 college that was a bust in the NFL. Leaf, Akili were 1 year wonders.

How about Notre Dame's last 4-yr starter -- Ron Powlus. I think Rick Mirer was a 3-yr. starter -- I'm not sure there's a material difference between a 3 yr. starter and a 4 yr. starter.

We can limit it to the state of Florida and still come up with a bunch of others: Ken Dorsey (although he only started a few games as a freshman), Kerwin Bell and Chris Rix. I suspect we'll be able to add Chris Leak to that list in a few years.

Being a 4-yr starter in D1 is far from a guarantee of NFL success. That doesn't mean Quinn won't succeed, but college success doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL. As with most QBs, I think his success or failure will likely hinge on the situation he finds himself in. If he's on a bad team with a poor OL and mediocre receivers, he's unlikely to overcome that.

phinsfan1221
04-01-2007, 11:06 AM
How about Notre Dame's last 4-yr starter -- Ron Powlus. I think Rick Mirer was a 3-yr. starter -- I'm not sure there's a material difference between a 3 yr. starter and a 4 yr. starter.

We can limit it to the state of Florida and still come up with a bunch of others: Ken Dorsey (although he only started a few games as a freshman), Kerwin Bell and Chris Rix. I suspect we'll be able to add Chris Leak to that list in a few years.

Being a 4-yr starter in D1 is far from a guarantee of NFL success. That doesn't mean Quinn won't succeed, but college success doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL. As with most QBs, I think his success or failure will likely hinge on the situation he finds himself in. If he's on a bad team with a poor OL and mediocre receivers, he's unlikely to overcome that.
not sure how many years joe montana started for the irish but you never know, i strongly feel the dolphins should at least give it there best shot moving up in the draft and make quinn a miami dolphin

fishypete
04-01-2007, 12:25 PM
First, he may have been a 4 year starter....but his first two years stunk...not until Weiss came into the picture did his stat's improve....the question is....now without Weiss...what will happen....will he continue to improve or go back to his old ways.

Boomer
04-01-2007, 01:50 PM
First, he may have been a 4 year starter....but his first two years stunk...not until Weiss came into the picture did his stat's improve....the question is....now without Weiss...what will happen....will he continue to improve or go back to his old ways.

What old ways are those? Playing for a bad coach on a terrible team and being thrown into the fire?

Come off it.

Boomer
04-01-2007, 01:51 PM

I know you're not saying this but there is no comparison between Quinn and Powlus as NFL prospects.

ASUFinFan
04-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I think that Quinn has too good of a work ethic to fail in the nfl, but that is my opinion. Work ethic is everything. I love how Quinn is serious about what he does, reminds me of peyton manning. And thats not a bad person to be compared to. As I say all of this, I also firmly believe that where a rookie qb goes (teamwise) can really influence their career. I believe that Quinn can really succeed here in Miami with the tutelage of Cam. I have a different feeling about how his career might turn out if he gets drafted by the lions per se.

Regan21286
04-01-2007, 02:54 PM

I don't think it's the 4 years that distinguishes him. The fact that he's a workout warrior, game film nut, and he makes good decisions on the field are what make him worthy of a trade up or the 9th in my opinion.

Calling him Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith shows tremendous ignorance. Leaf was a cannon arm with no mind to go with it and Smith was a Tedford project (see AJ Feeley, etc). Quinn is a cerebral QB along the lines of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Agent51
04-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't think it's the 4 years that distinguishes him. The fact that he's a workout warrior, game film nut, and he makes good decisions on the field are what make him worthy of a trade up or the 9th in my opinion.

Calling him Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith shows tremendous ignorance. Leaf was a cannon arm with no mind to go with it and Smith was a Tedford project (see AJ Feeley, etc). Quinn is a cerebral QB along the lines of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Which is exactly why Jamarcus Russell is Ryan Leaf v2.

Man, I want Brady Quinn SO bad. I keep goingback and forth on what to give up for him though. On one hand, I don't want to give up a bunch of picks because NOBODY, no matter how good they look, is a sure thing. On the other hand, we NEED a franchise QB. Face it, it's been our most consistant problem area since Marino left, all the other positional problems (DB for example) have been on and off problems (DBs have just recently become a problem in the past few seasons, we had an EXCELLENT defensive backfield before that) but QB has been the constant problem for EIGHT YEARS and I cannot BELIEVE it would even take HALF that long to address the problem, nevermind 7 years and then CULEPPER is supposed to be the fix?

When are we going to be in position to ge another guy of Quinn's calibur? People can say Brohm next year and yadda yadda, but whos to say something doesn't click this season and we have a late run and go 8-8 or 9-7, or even 7-9, putting us in the middle of round 1 next year. Then what? Do we "trade the farm" to move up for Brohm? I think we need to act NOW and jump on Quinn, because he is RIGHT THERE. There is NO prediciting the future, therefore no way of saying "oh pass on Quinn, Brohm in '08".

Like people already said, this team will not be fixed with one draft, so we might as well go for Quinn this time and fill other needs with the remeaining picks, then we have our franchise QB which is BY FAR the most glaring need, so next draft we can focus on whatever else we need that we didn't fill in this year. I'm not saying give up the entire first day and half the second day, but round 1 and both 2nds or round one and a 2nd and 3rd or something I would gladly do at this point because I am sick of our "QBs" costing us games.

Ideally he slips past the top 3 and then we don't have to worry about giving up crazy amounts of picks, because we could move up to 4 with just a swap of 1st rounder and our #40, but we prolly don't need to because TB and Arizona don't need QBs, so we really need to look at #6, so we can jump ahead of Minny, and all that would take is a 1st round swap and our 3rd rounder. If anyone wouldn't do that for Quinn they are CRAZY. With the scenerio we could potentially take Quinn in 1, and Ryan Kalil (USC center) and Anthony Gonzalez (OSU WR) in round 2. BOOM, 3 big needs filled in our first three picks.

ASUFinFan
04-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Which is exactly why Jamarcus Russell is Ryan Leaf v2.

Man, I want Brady Quinn SO bad. I keep goingback and forth on what to give up for him though. On one hand, I don't want to give up a bunch of picks because NOBODY, no matter how good they look, is a sure thing. On the other hand, we NEED a franchise QB. Face it, it's been our most consistant problem area since Marino left, all the other positional problems (DB for example) have been on and off problems (DBs have just recently become a problem in the past few seasons, we had an EXCELLENT defensive backfield before that) but QB has been the constant problem for EIGHT YEARS and I cannot BELIEVE it would even take HALF that long to address the problem, nevermind 7 years and then CULEPPER is supposed to be the fix?

When are we going to be in position to ge another guy of Quinn's calibur? People can say Brohm next year and yadda yadda, but whos to say something doesn't click this season and we have a late run and go 8-8 or 9-7, or even 7-9, putting us in the middle of round 1 next year. Then what? Do we "trade the farm" to move up for Brohm? I think we need to act NOW and jump on Quinn, because he is RIGHT THERE. There is NO prediciting the future, therefore no way of saying "oh pass on Quinn, Brohm in '08".

Like people already said, this team will not be fixed with one draft, so we might as well go for Quinn this time and fill other needs with the remeaining picks, then we have our franchise QB which is BY FAR the most glaring need, so next draft we can focus on whatever else we need that we didn't fill in this year. I'm not saying give up the entire first day and half the second day, but round 1 and both 2nds or round one and a 2nd and 3rd or something I would gladly do at this point because I am sick of our "QBs" costing us games.

Ideally he slips past the top 3 and then we don't have to worry about giving up crazy amounts of picks, because we could move up to 4 with just a swap of 1st rounder and our #40, but we prolly don't need to because TB and Arizona don't need QBs, so we really need to look at #6, so we can jump ahead of Minny, and all that would take is a 1st round swap and our 3rd rounder. If anyone wouldn't do that for Quinn they are CRAZY. With the scenerio we could potentially take Quinn in 1, and Ryan Kalil (USC center) and Anthony Gonzalez (OSU WR) in round 2. BOOM, 3 big needs filled in our first three picks.

I agree with all of that. We need to make sure that we select Quinn. And you are right on about waiting for Brohm next year. This year we are at 9 and might still not get the qb we want. If we are say middle of the pack next year, no way Brohm falls to us and then we would have to trade up then as well. Might as well do it now while we are close.

Alex44
04-01-2007, 03:41 PM

I like Quinn but this logic doesn't hold water.

Quinn didn't even play well his first two years, in fact he pretty much sucked. The last two years he has been great, but there have been a lot of guys that played well for two years and didn't make it.

Giving up picks for anyone is a bad idea because you may end up getting a player(s) with that/those picks that equal greater value. Wasn't Eli Manning supposed to be as good as Peyton :lol: some people even thought he would be better. Man they look dumb now. Sure if Quinn plays great you have a franchise QB, but nothing is a given. So if he busts you are stuck with another wasted draft.

ASUFinFan
04-01-2007, 03:47 PM
I like Quinn but this logic doesn't hold water.

Quinn didn't even play well his first two years, in fact he pretty much sucked. The last two years he has been great, but there have been a lot of guys that played well for two years and didn't make it.

Giving up picks for anyone is a bad idea because you may end up getting a player(s) with that/those picks that equal greater value. Wasn't Eli Manning supposed to be as good as Peyton :lol: some people even thought he would be better. Man they look dumb now. Sure if Quinn plays great you have a franchise QB, but nothing is a given. So if he busts you are stuck with another wasted draft.

I agree with not trading the farm for a guy, but our picks 9 and 40 are well worth it for a chance at Quinn. That is to say we would trade up with Tampa. If we were to trade up to 6 we would have to give even less.

Elliott 1
04-01-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm still doubting.

Boomer
04-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Why?

miami234ever
04-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Brady Quinn will be the best QB in 5 years. He's got too much talent, work ethic, dedication, brains, and heart to not do good in the NFL. With Cam as our coach, he could become one of the best in history. I hope he falls past 3. But who would Detroit take besides Quinn?

Agent51
04-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Brady Quinn will be the best QB in 5 years. He's got too much talent, work ethic, dedication, brains, and heart to not do good in the NFL. With Cam as our coach, he could become one of the best in history. I hope he falls past 3. But who would Detroit take besides Quinn?

Well, Draft Tek has him taking Gaines Adams :lol:.

Plus, they could always take Calvin Johnson and continue their streak, or Jamarcus Russell if Oakland take Johnson, or they could still go with Joe Thomas (I know they signed FA O-linemen, but still), or they could trade down with someone who wans Johnson if he slips past Oakland.

miami234ever
04-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Well, Draft Tek has him taking Gaines Adams :lol:.

Plus, they could always take Calvin Johnson and continue their streak, or Jamarcus Russell if Oakland take Johnson, or they could still go with Joe Thomas (I know they signed FA O-linemen, but still), or they could trade down with someone who wans Johnson if he slips past Oakland.

Does Detroit like JeMarcus Russell? I hope something like that happens. I want us to trade up to maybe #4 or #6 with TB or Washington. TB really likes Okoye I heard right? I think Cleveland will pass on Quinn if Thomas and Peterson are there. Trade #9 and #60 for #6 or #9 and #40 for #4. Man I want Quinn.

Agent51
04-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Does Detroit like JeMarcus Russell? I hope something like that happens. I want us to trade up to maybe #4 or #6 with TB or Washington. TB really likes Okoye I heard right? I think Cleveland will pass on Quinn if Thomas and Peterson are there. Trade #9 and #60 for #6 or #9 and #40 for #4. Man I want Quinn.

Better off, trade #9 and #71 (3rd rounder) for #6 for Quinn. There's no reason to go to #4 for Quinn when #4, 5, and 6 are set at QB and aren't threats. We really only need to jump the Vikings.

As far as Detroit likeing Russell, I have no clue. You can never tell anymore if a team REALLY likes a guy or if they just pretend to in order to get trade offers (Gruden saying they will draft Quinn or Russell in round 1 for example)

Ideally Oakland would pick Johnson, Detroit would pick Thomas, or Russell, Cleveland would sign Carr and pick Peterson (keep him away from Buffalo please, we don't need him twice a year), the Bucs would take someone (I honestly haven't looked into their team needs enough to project anyone outside of Calvin Johnson for them), the Cards would take Thomas, or someone else (1 MILLION percent garuntee they don't take Quinn :lol:), and we'd make the trade with Washington for Quinn.

I've been saying it for a LONG time, Cleveland is our biggest threat for Quinn. Crennell has the connection to Weis, Cleveland could use a QB, Quinn is an excellent prospect, and he would be the "hometown hero" as he is from Ohio and grew up a Browns fan. Them signing Carr would squash that plan though, so hopefully the do.

Kdawg954
04-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Better off, trade #9 and #71 (3rd rounder) for #6 for Quinn. There's no reason to go to #4 for Quinn when #4, 5, and 6 are set at QB and aren't threats. We really only need to jump the Vikings.

As far as Detroit likeing Russell, I have no clue. You can never tell anymore if a team REALLY likes a guy or if they just pretend to in order to get trade offers (Gruden saying they will draft Quinn or Russell in round 1 for example)

Ideally Oakland would pick Johnson, Detroit would pick Thomas, or Russell, Cleveland would sign Carr and pick Peterson (keep him away from Buffalo please, we don't need him twice a year), the Bucs would take someone (I honestly haven't looked into their team needs enough to project anyone outside of Calvin Johnson for them), the Cards would take Thomas, or someone else (1 MILLION percent garuntee they don't take Quinn :lol:), and we'd make the trade with Washington for Quinn.

I've been saying it for a LONG time, Cleveland is our biggest threat for Quinn. Crennell has the connection to Weis, Cleveland could use a QB, Quinn is an excellent prospect, and he would be the "hometown hero" as he is from Ohio and grew up a Browns fan. Them signing Carr would squash that plan though, so hopefully the do.

U just made it clear why I think Brady doesn't make it past 3. People are on koolaid thinking he will slip to 7, let alone 9. I think Cleveland LOVES Brady Quinn, and will grab him if he slips past Detroit . . . hell Oakland may even take him, u never know. I was drinking some of the koolaid for a minute, thinking "hey maybe its possible", but when u put in the fact that the kid is a workout warrior and a 4 year starter for an elite program and ran a pro style offense under Charlie Weiss and Weiss gives him RAVING reviews . . . he I think is a top 3 lock . . . and unfortunately we don't have a good enough team to make that kind of move and not improve other areas. Yea he is a FRANCHISE QB, future pro bowler . . . likely . . . but u still don't give up your whole draft for anybody, it never works out. San Diego has proven that twice, they hoodwinked Atlanta and the Giants . . . and still ended up w/ better players (LT over Vick . . . Rivers over Eli) . . . hell New Orleans gave up everything for Ricky . . . that didn't work either. Hey STanton has talent, and he could be gotten for FArrrr less, and I think he is going to be a quality starter for years in this league also.

OneHondo
04-01-2007, 05:57 PM
There is never going to be a quarterback that is drafted in the first round that comes with a Guarantee for success or becoming a franchise quarterback. The risk is there for any quarterback drafted.
Look at the year Marino was drafted and how many quarterbacks were taken in the first round. Probably half to two thirds of those quarterbacks never developed into impact players, we were lucky. However it is a given that the best chance for success with a quarterback would be the premier quarterbacks drafted in the first round.
It is true that there are a lot of success stories with quarterbacks selected in the later rounds but there are also a lot of quarterbacks taken in the later rounds that never make it, so it seems the later you wait the greater the risk of a wasted pick.
Seems to me the Dolphins have had pretty good luck with quarterbacks picked in the 1st round considering two of them are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

NMUCats
04-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Here's a very interesting article I found that is by Football Outsiders that is along the same lines of this thread:

How do you separate The Peyton Mannings From The Ryan Leafs?

Short Answer: Start counting.
Long Answer: In 1998, the Colts faced one of the most important decisions in franchise history. With the No. 1 overall pick, would they take Manning or Leaf? Peyton proponents argued he was more mature and accomplished. Leaf backers argued he had the stronger arm and more growth potential. But all the Colts really needed to know was four numbers: Manning started 45 college games, completing 63% of his passes; Leaf started 24 games, completing 54% of his passes. The future couldn't be more clear.

It's true: College statistics really can predict NFL performance. For our 2006 Pro Football Prospectus, we studied 10 years' worth of drafts and discovered that the single greatest indicator of NFL success for QBs taken in the first two rounds is the number of college games they started. Philip Rivers, for one, started 51 games at NC State. Donovan McNabb started 49 college games and Carson Palmer started 45. On the flip side, busts-to-be Joey Harrington (28), Jim Druckenmiller (24) and Akili Smith (19) had relatively little starting experience.

The other important predictor is completion percentage. Ben Roethlisberger completed more than 65% of his college passes. Rivers completed 64%. Both Manning brothers had compltion percentages above 60%, as did Drew Brees, Matt Leinart and Vince Young. Leaf and Druckenmiller, on the other hand, couldn't complete 55% of their passes. Harrington, Smith and Cade McNown barely did. Kyle Boller didn't complete even half of his college passes.

What about the QBs who willgo early in the 2007 draft? Brady Quinn started 46 games and completed 58% of his passes, almost identical to Mcnabb and halfway between Palmer and jay Cutler. JaMarcus Russell completed 62% of his passes but had just 29 starts. Those are nujmbers similar to Kellen Clemens' and Rex Grossman's. Russell certainly has first-round talent, but if the past ias any guide, a team that drafts him could be turning over a new Leaf.

Agent51
04-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Here's a very interesting article I found that is along by Football Outsiders that is along the same lines of this thread:

How do you separate The Peyton Mannings From The Ryan Leafs?

Short Answer: Start counting.
Long Answer: In 1998, the Colts faced one of the most important decisions in franchise history. With the No. 1 overall pick, would they take Manning or Leaf? Peyton proponents argued he was more mature and accomplished. Leaf backers argued he had the stronger arm and more growth potential. But all the Colts really needed to know was four numbers: Manning started 45 college games, completing 63% of his passes; Leaf started 24 games, completing 54% of his passes. The future couldn't be more clear.

It's true: College statistics really can predict NFL performance. For our 2006 Pro Football Prospectus, we studied 10 years' worth of drafts and discovered that the single greatest indicator of NFL success for QBs taken in the first two rounds is the number of college games they started. Philip Rivers, for one, started 51 games at NC State. Donovan McNabb started 49 college games and Carson Palmer started 45. On the flip side, busts-to-be Joey Harrington (28), Jim Druckenmiller (24) and Akili Smith (19) had relatively little starting experience.

The other important predictor is completion percentage. Ben Roethlisberger completed more than 65% of his college passes. Rivers completed 64%. Both Manning brothers had compltion percentages above 60%, as did Drew Brees, Matt Leinart and Vince Young. Leaf and Druckenmiller, on the other hand, couldn't complete 55% of their passes. Harrington, Smith and Cade McNown barely did. Kyle Boller didn't complete even half of his college passes.

What about the QBs who willgo early in the 2007 draft? Brady Quinn started 46 games and completed 58% of his passes, almost identical to Mcnabb and halfway between Palmer and jay Cutler. JaMarcus Russell completed 62% of his passes but had just 29 starts. Those are nujmbers similar to Kellen Clemens' and Rex Grossman's. Russell certainly has first-round talent, but if the past ias any guide, a team that drafts him could be turning over a new Leaf.

Excellent read :up:

Nappy Roots
04-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Excellent read :up:

agreed.

but on the russell, clemens, and grossman tip.

first, clemens and grossman both were in college systems built to make the QB thrive, LSU runs a pro style offense. if you look at grossman, the only year he didnt play in the spurrier offense, he completed less then 58% of his passes. Russell completed 68% of his passes last year and 60% as a sophmore. thats ridiculous. so while both those guys may have started around the same amount of games, i wouldnt pair them with russell in any other way.

craig
04-01-2007, 10:13 PM
I agree on the Quinn debate but no way we take him,unless he slides. Quantity over Quality .. We are not going to give up the farm for him and prob take one in the later rounds or maybe reach for one ,if there is a chance someone else will grab him.. just think its to far of a reach and would rather reach for one of the other qbs ,not so bad to do something like that compared to trading alot away for Quinn .. blast me if you want but it makes more since..

Agent51
04-01-2007, 10:58 PM
I agree on the Quinn debate but no way we take him,unless he slides. Quantity over Quality .. We are not going to give up the farm for him and prob take one in the later rounds or maybe reach for one ,if there is a chance someone else will grab him.. just think its to far of a reach and would rather reach for one of the other qbs ,not so bad to do something like that compared to trading alot away for Quinn .. blast me if you want but it makes more since..

Don't you mean Quality over Quantity? Quantity over quality is a poor decision IMO. A mediocre WR, LB, and CB does NOT hold more value than a franchise QB with Pro Bowl potential.

Obviously a stud WR, LB, and CB (just for examples) would be better than ONE stud QB (or any position), but I don't think with what we'd have to give up for Quinn (IF he slides past Cleveland) we would be getting stud anyway. Of course there is always potential, but if we can get Quinn for a 1st and 3rd, we would get a stud QB plus be in position to take Kalil and Gonzalez (C and WR respectively) who could both be studs also.

Fineas
04-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Am I the only one who Quinn's personality rubs the wrong way? I just don't like the guy. He's a good player and objectively I don't have any major problems with him, although I don't really see him as being special. But there's something about him that bothers me.

Agent51
04-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Am I the only one who Quinn's personality rubs the wrong way? I just don't like the guy. He's a good player and objectively I don't have any major problems with him, although I don't really see him as being special. But there's something about him that bothers me.

No, you're not the only one. The first time I ever saw an interview with him I thought he came off as cocky and arrogant, and I think his look, just his face in general, adds to that "cocky jock" thing. However, all things I've read about his personal life are that he is actually really cool down to earth guy, not stuck up or cocky at all. Watching recent interviews he comes across as confident, but it is RIGHT on the line sometimes.

DonShula84
04-02-2007, 12:27 AM

The guy is a boy scout, what's not to like? Though when you read articles about him he does across as almost too perfect, which I guess could bother people. If he went to USC I'd hate him :lol:

fishypete
04-02-2007, 09:23 AM

I want my QB to be cocky....but he has to earn that on the field.

Captain Lou
04-02-2007, 09:36 AM
The guy is a boy scout, what's not to like? Though when you read articles about him he does across as almost too perfect, which I guess could bother people. If he went to USC I'd hate him :lol:

Why would anyone at USC hate him? It's hard to hate someone who never beat you.

fishypete
04-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Why would anyone at USC hate him? It's hard to hate someone who never beat you.

How true.:wink:

NMUCats
04-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Try reading that one more time Lou...he said if BRADY went to USC...not him.

Finsfan1984
04-02-2007, 03:46 PM

I agree, I think Quinn will be a really good QB in the NFL for years to come. I also think that in a few years, when we look back at the draft, he will be far more productive than J Russell.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-03-2007, 12:27 PM
:lol: i love how ignorant people are in thinking quinn wasn't good his first two years. he broke all kinds of notre dame passing freshmen and sophomore records and played even BETTER than most true freshman QB's would've in that situation; bad coach, bad team, and good opponents.

it's a BAD thing that he improved under a good coach?? one of the most LAUGHABLE arguments i've ever heard.

and from someone like fishypete it's even more hysterical, who is in love with vince young, but whose college career isn't much different in terms of passing. terrible first two years, final year significant improvement. the difference: brady quinn's stastical improvement came under a much more difficult pro-style offense, whereas vince young had to have the offense dumbed down for him to do anything at all.

emocomputerjock
04-03-2007, 12:34 PM
I want my QB to be cocky....but he has to earn that on the field.

All you have to do is watch Brady on the field, and you'll see that he's got it. He flat out has it.

fishypete
04-03-2007, 03:25 PM
:lol: i love how ignorant people are in thinking quinn wasn't good his first two years. he broke all kinds of notre dame passing freshmen and sophomore records and played even BETTER than most true freshman QB's would've in that situation; bad coach, bad team, and good opponents.

it's a BAD thing that he improved under a good coach?? one of the most LAUGHABLE arguments i've ever heard.

and from someone like fishypete it's even more hysterical, who is in love with vince young, but whose college career isn't much different in terms of passing. terrible first two years, final year significant improvement. the difference: brady quinn's stastical improvement came under a much more difficult pro-style offense, whereas vince young had to have the offense dumbed down for him to do anything at all.

Yes....he dummied it down so much he won the National championship....imagine that. Something Quinn could NEVER do....he couldn't beat a top team. And how did Quinn get those passing records....beating teams like Army...Navy and the Air Force....Whoppie.:lol:

P.S. I'd be careful how you use the word Ignorant.

fishypete
04-03-2007, 03:41 PM
All you have to do is watch Brady on the field, and you'll see that he's got it. He flat out has it.

My Friend....did he have it in this game?

Brady Quinn, 15/35 148 yds, 2TD, 2INT

That was against a good team...LSU.

Agent51
04-03-2007, 03:50 PM
My Friend....did he have it in this game?

Brady Quinn, 15/35 148 yds, 2TD, 2INT

That was against a good team...LSU.

Conversely, Russell "lit it up" that game, against a piss-poor defense, so what was so special about that?

fishypete
04-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Conversely, Russell "lit it up" that game, against a piss-poor defense, so what was so special about that?

Your right....thats why both are being hyped up, IMHO.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Yes....he dummied it down so much he won the National championship....imagine that. Something Quinn could NEVER do....he couldn't beat a top team. And how did Quinn get those passing records....beating teams like Army...Navy and the Air Force....Whoppie.:lol:

P.S. I'd be careful how you use the word Ignorant.
compare the talent on texas' roster to notre dame's roster. not. even. close.

here's the notable teams quinn played his freshman and sophomore seasons:

FRESH:
michigan
michigan state
purdue
pittsburgh
USC
boston college
FSU
BYU
stanford
syracuse

SOPHOMORE:
washington
purdue
BYU
michigan state
pittsburgh
tennessee
stanford
boston college
USC
oregon state

yeah, bunch of lightweights.

when you're IGNORING facts to form an opinion, IGNORANT comes to mind.

Agent51
04-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Your right....thats why both are being hyped up, IMHO.

IDK, I think there is always hype surrounding the top players, But I think Quinn was consistantly better overall compared to Russell. Quinn performed well all 4 years, and in two comlpetely different systems too, and that fact that he broke out and EXCELLED in Weis' Pro-Style offense should tell you something about this kids mental capacity and work ethic and knowledge of the game. We didn't see it the first 2 because of the situation there, but it's not like he suddenly "got it" when Weis got there, he always had "it", and IDK why it has only come to light in the past 2 years.

I've said it a bunch already, NOBODY was paying attention to Russel before that game (outside of the SEC fans). Nobody had him anywhere NEAR the top of their mocks before that game, and LSU fans where calling for Perrilloux and Flynn at different points in the season. You didn't hear ND fans calling for Quinn to be replaced. I just think Russell has bust written all over him, and I hardly ever use that word. Yea, so he has great "potential" like everyone says, but if you wanna talk like that, so does every single player entering the draft. Everyone is looking at Russell like his physique (well, his SIZE anyway, he doesn't exactly have a "physique") and his rocket arm will hold him over until he gets it, where people look at Quinn and think he ALREADY gets it. I'm sorry, but to me, if you are a potential 1st overall choice, you should already get it.

I LOVE Vince Young, being the Longhorn fan I am, but I don't think he should have went that high. I know he almost led them to the playoffs, and won RYO and all that, but his didn't do it with his arm, he did it with his feet. I'm not complaining at all, if that's his game that's his game, but if you draft a position that high he better be a complete player at said position, Vince Young, regardless of how record and stats, is still not a complete QB, and neither is Russell. Quinn appears to be.

fishypete
04-03-2007, 04:10 PM
compare the talent on texas' roster to notre dame's roster. not. even. close.

here's the notable teams quinn played his freshman and sophomore seasons:

FRESH:
michigan
michigan state
purdue
pittsburgh
USC
boston college
FSU
BYU
stanford
syracuse

SOPHOMORE:
washington
purdue
BYU
michigan state
pittsburgh
tennessee
stanford
boston college
USC
oregon state

yeah, bunch of lightweights.

when you're IGNORING facts to form an opinion, IGNORANT comes to mind.

Gee if he only had won one bowl game in three chances....but he didn't...and thats a fact. When the big games came....he didn't show up...and thats a fact. It's good he improved with a coach like Weiss...but how about guys like Kolb that had just as good stats's...and didn't have Weiss? Sorry...the more I look at him...the more I see Smith and Rodgers...alot of hype...and nothing more.

trate121hb
04-03-2007, 04:14 PM
i think the fins are definitely looking to trade up but we're not gonna go nuts to do it......we have the personnel now to find a QB in round 2 if need be

Nappy Roots
04-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Gee if he only had won one bowl game in three chances....but he didn't...and thats a fact. When the big games came....he didn't show up...and thats a fact. It's good he improved with a coach like Weiss...but how about guys like Kolb that had just as good stats's...and didn't have Weiss? Sorry...the more I look at him...the more I see Smith and Rodgers...alot of hype...and nothing more.

kolb also played in a college offense that inflated his "good stats" while Quinn played in a pro offense. once again, what does Weis have to do with Quinn that much?

fishypete
04-03-2007, 04:44 PM
kolb also played in a college offense that inflated his "good stats" while Quinn played in a pro offense. once again, what does Weis have to do with Quinn that much?

What does Weiss have to do with Quinn? Come on Nappy...Geez. I don't care what kind of offense you play in...you still have to throw and they still have to cacth the football. When you throw for 3800 plus yds and 30 tds...to 4 ints....thats good enough for me....regardless of the system. And Nappy...can you tell me what players also played with Kolb...I'll bet you can with Quinn.

Nappy Roots
04-03-2007, 04:46 PM
What does Weiss have to do with Quinn? Come on Nappy...Geez. I don't care what kind of offense you play in...you still have to throw and they still have to cacth the football. When you throw for 3800 plus yds and 30 tds...to 4 ints....thats good enough for me.

lmao..

so i guess new mexicos Chase Holbrook (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=162199) is just as good to. along with texas techs Graham Harrell (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160425), BYUs John Beck (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=148066), UTEPs Jordan Palmer (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=136814), Missouris Chase Daniel (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=177296), and Kentucky Andre' Woodson (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=146711)

are you dont with that ridiculous statement?

Agent51
04-03-2007, 04:48 PM
What does Weiss have to do with Quinn? Come on Nappy...Geez. I don't care what kind of offense you play in...you still have to throw and they still have to cacth the football. When you throw for 3800 plus yds and 30 tds...to 4 ints....thats good enough for me....regardless of the system. And Nappy...can you tell me what players also played with Kolb...I'll bet you can with Quinn.

Not really. Smardizja and...................

fishypete
04-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Not really. Smardizja and...................

Well thats one more than Kolbs...:sidelol:

Nappy Roots
04-03-2007, 04:52 PM
And Nappy...can you tell me what players also played with Kolb...I'll bet you can with Quinn.

a couple, but can you tell me more then 1 team Kolb played that was ranked in the top 100? Ill bet you can with Quinn

NMUCats
04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Do me a favor pete. Would you compare Houston's schedule to ND's, along with some strength of schedule numbers? Thanks

fishypete
04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
QB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Brady Quinn (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15913), </STRONG>OT (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OT&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Ryan Harris (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15884), </STRONG>RB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=RB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - *Darius Walker (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=33460), </STRONG>DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Victor Abiamiri (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15849), </STRONG>OG (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OG&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Dan Santucci (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15921), </STRONG>DT (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DT&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Derek Landri (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15892), </STRONG>FS (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=FS&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chinedum Ndukwe (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15906), </STRONG>WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Rhema McKnight (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15901), </STRONG>OG (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OG&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Bob Morton (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15905), </STRONG>TE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=TE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Marcus Freeman (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15876), </STRONG>WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Jeff Samardzija (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=56338), </STRONG>CB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=CB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Mike Richardson (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15917), </STRONG>DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chris Frome (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15877), </STRONG>DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Travis Leitko (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15895), </STRONG>WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chase Anastasio (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15850), </STRONG>

Agent51
04-03-2007, 04:57 PM
QB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Brady Quinn (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15913), </STRONG>OT (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OT&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Ryan Harris (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15884), </STRONG>RB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=RB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - *Darius Walker (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=33460), </STRONG>DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Victor Abiamiri (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15849), </STRONG>OG (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OG&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Dan Santucci (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15921), </STRONG>DT (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DT&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Derek Landri (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15892), </STRONG>FS (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=FS&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chinedum Ndukwe (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15906), </STRONG>WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Rhema McKnight (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15901), </STRONG>OG (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OG&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Bob Morton (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15905), </STRONG>TE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=TE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Marcus Freeman (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15876), </STRONG>WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Jeff Samardzija (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=56338), </STRONG>CB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=CB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Mike Richardson (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15917), </STRONG>DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chris Frome (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15877), </STRONG>DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Travis Leitko (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15895), </STRONG>WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chase Anastasio (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15850), </STRONG>

I could have named a lot of those players, I thought you were asking about WRs he played with, not players in general, I guess I misinterpreted the post.

Regardless, I'm not sure what the point here is. Are you saying Kolb is as good as, or better than, Quinn because they had similar stats and he had less players?

If that is the case then what about Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers? They had inflated stats and you couldn't name anyone that played with them, and it's didn't make them good in the NFL.

fishypete
04-03-2007, 04:57 PM
QB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Brady Quinn (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15913), OT (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OT&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Ryan Harris (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15884), RB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=RB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - *Darius Walker (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=33460), DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Victor Abiamiri (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15849), OG (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OG&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Dan Santucci (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15921), DT (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DT&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Derek Landri (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15892), FS (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=FS&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chinedum Ndukwe (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15906), WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Rhema McKnight (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15901), OG (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OG&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Bob Morton (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15905), TE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=TE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Marcus Freeman (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15876), WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Jeff Samardzija (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=56338), CB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=CB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Mike Richardson (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15917), DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chris Frome (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15877), DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Travis Leitko (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15895), WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chase Anastasio (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15850), [/quote]

fishypete
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
a couple, but can you tell me more then 1 team Kolb played that was ranked in the top 100? Ill bet you can with Quinn

Can you tell me a ranked top 15 team that Quinn beat last season?

fishypete
04-03-2007, 05:01 PM
I could have named a lot of those players, I thought you were asking about WRs he played with, not players in general, I guess I misinterpreted the post.

Regardless, I'm not sure what the point here is. Are you saying Kolb is as good as, or better than, Quinn because they had similar stats and he had less players?

If that is the case then what about Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers? They had inflated stats and you couldn't name anyone that played with them, and it's didn't make them good in the NFL.

Well I guess we agree on something...both Quinn and Russell are hyped up....why....just like Smith and Rodgers were....because it's a weak QB class...there's better value between the 2nd and 4th rounds....than the first round.

Nappy Roots
04-03-2007, 05:05 PM
QB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Brady Quinn (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15913), OT (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OT&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Ryan Harris (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15884), RB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=RB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - *Darius Walker (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=33460), DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Victor Abiamiri (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15849), OG (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OG&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Dan Santucci (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15921), DT (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DT&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Derek Landri (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15892), FS (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=FS&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chinedum Ndukwe (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15906), WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Rhema McKnight (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15901), OG (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=OG&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Bob Morton (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15905), TE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=TE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Marcus Freeman (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15876), WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Jeff Samardzija (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=56338), CB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=CB&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Mike Richardson (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15917), DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chris Frome (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15877), DE (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=DE&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Travis Leitko (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15895), WR (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2007&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC) - Chase Anastasio (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15850),

and whats your point? i can post random players on Houston to. face is, you couldnt name more then 4 players on the Irish's offense.

Can you tell me a ranked top 15 team that Quinn beat last season?

see, this is what i dont get about you. 1 minute you throw an argument out there that Kolb has a worse team around him, but then again, 2 seconds before you argue agaisnt or completely ignore Quinn having a much worse team around him then most top teams.

Nappy Roots
04-03-2007, 05:08 PM
...there's better value between the 2nd and 4th rounds....than the first round.

thats false and has been for many years. usually the 2-4th rounders are huge reaches because of their positions. while some 1st rounders maybe reaches, it is no where near as hard to find a good QB in. theres been 1 good QB drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round in the past 10 years!

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=189429

NMUCats
04-03-2007, 05:10 PM
I'll beat ya to the punch pete, here's Houston's whopper of a schedule for 2006.

Rice
Tulane
Oklahoma St,
Miami
Louisiana Lafayette
Southern Mississippi
UTEP
Central Florida
Tulsa
SMU
Memphis
South Carolina

I see 2-3 decent teams on that schedule, and not one of em was ranked. Now don't get me wrong, Kolb may in fact be a decent qb, and I'm not going to rip him. All I'm saying is, he was playing very poor competition all year. Quinn played much better teams with a slightly better team.

Agent51
04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
I'll beat ya to the punch pete, here's Houston's whopper of a schedule for 2006.

Sat, Sep 2nd, 2006at Rice9:00Sat, Sep 9th, 2006Tulane7:00Sat, Sep 23rd, 2006Oklahoma State9:00Sat, Sep 30th, 2006at Miami3:30Sat, Oct 7th, 2006Louisiana (Lafayette)7:00Sat, Oct 14th, 2006at Southern Mississippi7:00Sat, Oct 21st, 2006UTEP7:00Sat, Oct 28th, 2006Central Florida7:00Sat, Nov 4th, 2006Tulsa5:00Sat, Nov 11th, 2006at SMU8:00Sat, Nov 18th, 2006at Memphis

I see 2-3 decent teams on that schedule, and not one of em was ranked. Now don't get me wrong, Kolb may in fact be a decent qb, and I'm not going to rip him. All I'm saying is, he was playing very poor competition all year. Quinn played much better teams with a slightly better team.

A slightly better OFFENSE, his defense was probably WORSE than Kolb's, and no matter how good a QB is, if the defense doesn't stop the other guy from putting up points then winning probably won't happen. Quinn didn't single-handedly loose those games. Poor play MAY have contributed (like thre Sugar bowl, although he still had 2 TD passes) but it was never the SOLE reason they lost.