PDA

View Full Version : Things That Irritate Me --- NBA 2K7

Majpain
04-02-2007, 02:04 AM
NBA 2K7 has great gameplay but has the worst franchise mode I have ever seen in my life.

1. Extending contracts. I love the fact you cant extend a contract in this game, if there is a feature I haven't seen it. I have like 4 people with 1 yr left and I can't restructure it at all! I don't wanna wait till the end of the season to extend my players contract.

2. Teams must have 12 people on a roster. Omg this pisses me off so EFFING MUCH. if there is 1 thing that I hate most its this. I cant releasing player I dont want because I have to maintain 12 people on a roster. What kind of BS is that! I understand you have to have 12 people on a roster but it would make more sense to have this "feature" enabled when you want to proceed with your season but it says team must have 12 people on a roster. I don't want to sign someone just to release some I don't want. Its the worst when your trying to trade.

3. Salary Cap. I absolutley hate it. At the end of my first season everyone is over the cap cant trade for anyone. Sure there has to be a cap but make it easier to manage. Make it increase do something!

4. No since of urgency in game. I'm sorry but if your down by 20 points with under 2 mins are you really going to take your time? I dont get it the comp will take about 20 secs to waste time while they are getting killed. Its even worst when their down by 2-3 and they have their best player on the bench wasting time.

For example playing the Lakers up by 3 with 18 secs left. They take a timeout and I'm expecting Kobe to be in the game. He is not their best player is sitting on the bench while luke walton tries to drive in the lane :shakeno:

SpurzN703
04-02-2007, 12:58 PM
I bought NBA 2K7 yesterday, so I'll have to get back to you regarding these situations. So far I'm 1-1 with the Spurs, and as far as gameplay goes, this game is money-er then hell! :cooldude:

AirMarino83
04-02-2007, 05:06 PM
your gripes do make sense... i also found the same in franchise. i also think the 12 man on the roster thing is the most annoying thing. should be a way to leave a team without the 12 men so you could do the transactions, then you can fix the roster by adding a 12th man. its been like this forever.

#1 Fan
04-02-2007, 05:06 PM
also, your players ratings drop 10 points each after the first season.

Majpain
04-02-2007, 06:07 PM
also, your players ratings drop 10 points each after the first season.

Omg I hate that too! I forgot that one. Even though I win the finals KG drop 7 points overall! WTF!

burger13
04-02-2007, 08:55 PM
...but the online leagues are AWESOME!!!

TheAnswer385
04-02-2007, 09:53 PM
...but the online leagues are AWESOME!!!
not really...its a pain in the *** just to keep people playing..heck i was in a league of 15 teams and my game was the only one to play at the start.

Piker
04-04-2007, 12:37 AM
online cheesers are the worst part

Majpain
04-04-2007, 01:41 AM
online cheesers are the worst part

Its like that with every game :shakeno:

Wombat
04-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Omg I hate that too! I forgot that one. Even though I win the finals KG drop 7 points overall! WTF!

Exactly, when the Rockets won the NBA championship Yao dropped down into the 80's and T-mac dropped into the 80's. Everybody else went into the 60's. :confused:

I think there is also a glitch when I draft players from College hoops 2k7 it always puts down a different college instead of the one they went to.

Majpain
04-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Exactly, when the Rockets won the NBA championship Yao dropped down into the 80's and T-mac dropped into the 80's. Everybody else went into the 60's. :confused:

I think there is also a glitch when I draft players from College hoops 2k7 it always puts down a different college instead of the one they went to.

Its freaking horrible.

Fresh
04-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I only play this game with my friends or brother/cousins now because of #4.

The playoffs suck because of #4.

But it's a known Sega Sports problem, that will be fixed.

NBA 2k8 will impliment the "clutch" situations, where the clutch players will be the ones initiating the offense in clutch situations. Too often do we see superstars not touching the ball in that game.

phinmania
04-10-2007, 05:11 PM
No matter the problems it's still better the nba live 07

Majpain
04-10-2007, 05:16 PM
No matter the problems it's still better the nba live 07

Gameplay Wise hell yes. Though I would like to know how Live does thier offseason.

Agent51
04-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Gameplay Wise hell yes. Though I would like to know how Live does thier offseason.

If it's anything like Madden (on the 360) then 90% of the draft will be players at the same position (DE in Madden), making filling needs and adding depth completely impossible, and the free agent list will be flooded with Hall of Fame players that are all rated 99 so the computer teams sign them and then you can't play against, or follow the careers of, the rookies that just came in (Vince Young, Matt Leinert, etc) because the HoF players always take their roster spot, and they come in as 24 year olds, so it's not like they retire anytime soon :rolleyes2 :shakeno:

Dolfan11
04-12-2007, 10:25 AM
:sidelol: It's nothing like Madden. I love the game. I'm 16-2 with the Heat right now on Superstar. The gameplay is great, but I consider myself to be better at Madden than in NBA 2k7, the AI in Madden would occasionaly beat me or give me good games in franchise mode on all-madden. Maybe it's the Heat or the AI?

Majpain
04-12-2007, 10:46 AM
:sidelol: It's nothing like Madden. I love the game. I'm 16-2 with the Heat right now on Superstar. The gameplay is great, but I consider myself to be better at Madden than in NBA 2k7, the AI in Madden would occasionaly beat me or give me good games in franchise mode on all-madden. Maybe it's the Heat or the AI?

Try it on Hall of Fame.