PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or Xbox 360

Skeet84
04-02-2007, 02:11 AM
I am either going to get a PS3 or Xbox 360 elite and I wanted to know which one you guys thought was better. Thanks and I appreciate all comments about both systems.

Deus Ex Dolphin
04-02-2007, 02:52 AM
No man, this can only lead to bad things. Just read a few of the older threads and go from there. This console war has been pretty quiet around here, which allows more actual talk about... you know... games.

Bruzer
04-02-2007, 07:12 AM
I would just look at games that are out and coming out in near future for each system and decide thats the best way of doing it in my opinion.

Dolfan5000
04-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Personally I would say PS3 because it's a system with the most potential of all in the market. It's bluetooth compatibility and ability to run different operating systems like Linux's Yellow Dog make it extremely user friendly. They're a lot of great games coming out for it in the near future as well as the current great games out for it like Resistance, Motorstorm, and Armored Core 4 (I know it's multiplatform and many people don't like it but, I really do). Those three games are guaranteed to keep you busy for a while.

That's just my opinion :).

Stitches
04-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Right now it would be 360 hands down, simply because of games. If you are looking down the road, it's really a matter of preference, and if you think blu-ray will win the format war.

PhinzN703
04-02-2007, 09:47 AM
I got an XBox 360 this past weekend b/c it's more affordable. I don't use all the fancy stuff you guys talk about, like bluetooh, ethernet, etc...

So far so good, I've had this system before and I loved it. I want the PS3 too but at 500 it's just too much of an investment, for now.

WoodStrock81
04-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Elite - More memory

Less expensive

Better online play

More people have it

Better online games

Motion
04-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Comes down to games IMO.

I gotta have God of War, Socom, Gran Turismo, and MGS. So PS3 it is for me.

Although Forza is sweet as well. Eventually I'll have both.

Dolfan5000
04-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Better online play
What makes you say that?

Phin-o-rama
04-02-2007, 11:01 AM
every 360 game is required to have xbox live functionality...while ps3's resistance has dedicated servers which give it great online play, not every game has that type of luxury.

if online gameplay is important to you (you have broadband, etc.) then 360 is still the standard because xbox live is yet to be touched by either nintendo or sony....when home comes out it is possible that it will then be able to compete with xbox live (it is scheduled to come out like november).

For example, Virtua tennis 3....now, alot of you may not be interested in this title, but it was a multiplatform release...and on 360 it has online multiplayer up to 4 people playing doubles at once, with mics....and ps3? zero online capability....that is unacceptable imo....if i had a ps3 i wouldn't even buy VT3 because while the single player campaign is fun? the real fun is had online.

now...have fun with your debate, either are good systems...

ready?? FIGHT!

:jt0323:

mor911
04-02-2007, 11:40 AM
oh jesus. Let's please attempt to keep this civilized fellas. :wink:

just get a Wii dude. :lol:

Phin-o-rama
04-02-2007, 11:52 AM
I feel that I have turned a corner in my video game debates....I used to feel compelled to defend Microsoft because I had bought a 360, and felt that I needed to.....but now, I don't even need to say anything.

the domination has been so complete and total, from head to toe, that it isn't even fun anymore to point out the many levels of domination that M$ has delivered. Thus, I now choose to sit back and listen/watch, and only interject here and there to finger out the domination, being careful not to come off as gloating or taunting.

rob19
04-02-2007, 12:09 PM
both? :lol:... if i were you id go X-Box... but thats just me.

I do sometime in the future plan on getting a PS3... but only for some certain games... ratchet & clank, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed.. etc...

but imo, the 360 rules the market right now in terms of games. So if i had to take on or the other, id say 360. Im not into all that blue tooth or high def stuff, so i go 360 route.

Motion
04-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I feel that I have turned a corner in my video game debates....I used to feel compelled to defend Microsoft because I had bought a 360, and felt that I needed to.....but now, I don't even need to say anything.

the domination has been so complete and total, from head to toe, that it isn't even fun anymore to point out the many levels of domination that M$ has delivered. Thus, I now choose to sit back and listen/watch, and only interject here and there to finger out the domination, being careful not to come off as gloating or taunting.

:sidelol:

Oh....your serious.....

Phin-o-rama
04-02-2007, 12:56 PM
why yes...yes i am :)

TheMageGandalf
04-02-2007, 04:51 PM
just get a Wii dude. :lol:

:sidelol:

I agree!

Although I have yet to get my own :(

Anyway, as far as what system to get?

I'd say get a 360 Elite now and get a PS3 in a year.

If you get a PS3 now you'll problably get bored because there arent that many games out for it yet.

The 360 library is stacked.

HOWEVER, in about a year you'll have enough PS3 games to warrant a purchase AND maybe even a nice price drop!

So 360 now and PS3 later...but BOTH in the long run.

Miami 13
04-02-2007, 04:58 PM
PS3

EDIT: lmao at the ad between posts on this page...
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/04/lolen4-1.gif

Dolfan5000
04-02-2007, 11:10 PM

:rolleyes2

Medieval954
04-03-2007, 12:15 AM
I am either going to get a PS3 or Xbox 360 elite and I wanted to know which one you guys thought was better. Thanks and I appreciate all comments about both systems.

Right now? Get a 360. Cheaper with a bigger and better library of games.

:lol: Good one.

Phin-o-rama
04-03-2007, 09:07 AM
:cooldude:

Agent51
04-03-2007, 09:38 AM

Even though historically I have prefered the Playstation systems (not a "fanboy" by any means, I have just found that I liked PS1 and PS2 better than it's competitors, both for the controller and game lineup), I would have to honestly say that, at THIS point in time, I'd go with the 360. I was eagerly awaiting the PS3, but right now there just isn't any game that makes me think "I NEED to drop $600 on another system". Resistance looks pretty cool, but it will still be there when I get around to buying a PS3.

I've had my 360 for a year now, and I couldn't be happier. It has an established colletion of games, and more and more seem to come out every month, compared to the PS3 which seems to NEVER have new games out. I look everytime I go to the store to see if anything is out yet, because all I want is 3, maybe 4 good titles and I would buy one, but nope. Seems like there's been nothing new since launch.

The 360 also has achievements, which on paper seem worthless, but let me tell you, the first time you are playing a game and the little "achievement unlocked" bubble pops up, you'll be hooked. Trust me, I thought it was a dumb concept since they aren't redeemable for anything, until I actual got a 360 and unlocked my 1st achievement. Now I even find myself playing crappy games that I would never touch (Kameo, Viva Pinata, the Burger King games) just for the achievements,:lol:.

The 360 also has a much more established marketplace and online community. To be fair, I have never tried, or even SEEN, Sony's online offering with the PS3, so I have no idea what they offer and how much content there is, but given it's realitive newness, I can't imagine it's much.

My only compaint with it is that it has no HDMI (I've got more HDMI slots available than component) and the 20GB HD fills up FAST when you keep demos and put your music on it (and I can only imagine it's worse for the users who download the TV shows and movie content), however, since you are looking into the 360 Elite, neither of those will be an issue for you.

In the end you won't end up going wrong with either choice, as both will be great systems for years to come, but as far as this exact moment in time (and in the very near future) the 360 would be your best bet if for nothing more than it's bigger catalog of games.

StormSurge
04-03-2007, 09:50 AM
The 360 also has achievements, which on paper seem worthless, but let me tell you, the first time you are playing a game and the little "achievement unlocked" bubble pops up, you'll be hooked. Trust me, I thought it was a dumb concept since they aren't redeemable for anything, until I actual got a 360 and unlocked my 1st achievement. Now I even find myself playing crappy games that I would never touch (Kameo, Viva Pinata, the Burger King games) just for the achievements,:lol:.

Ditto that. It's unbelievable how addicting those damn achievements are.

mor911
04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Even though historically I have prefered the Playstation systems (not a "fanboy" by any means, I have just found that I liked PS1 and PS2 better than it's competitors, both for the controller and game lineup), I would have to honestly say that, at THIS point in time, I'd go with the 360. I was eagerly awaiting the PS3, but right now there just isn't any game that makes me think "I NEED to drop $600 on another system". Resistance looks pretty cool, but it will still be there when I get around to buying a PS3.

I've had my 360 for a year now, and I couldn't be happier. It has an established colletion of games, and more and more seem to come out every month, compared to the PS3 which seems to NEVER have new games out. I look everytime I go to the store to see if anything is out yet, because all I want is 3, maybe 4 good titles and I would buy one, but nope. Seems like there's been nothing new since launch.

The 360 also has a much more established marketplace and online community. To be fair, I have never tried, or even SEEN, Sony's online offering with the PS3, so I have no idea what they offer and how much content there is, but given it's realitive newness, I can't imagine it's much.

My only compaint with it is that it has no HDMI (I've got more HDMI slots available than component) and the 20GB HD fills up FAST when you keep demos and put your music on it (and I can only imagine it's worse for the users who download the TV shows and movie content), however, since you are looking into the 360 Elite, neither of those will be an issue for you.

In the end you won't end up going wrong with either choice, as both will be great systems for years to come, but as far as this exact moment in time (and in the very near future) the 360 would be your best bet if for nothing more than it's bigger catalog of games.hey hey hey! :tantrum: Viva Pinata is a great game!

StormSurge
04-03-2007, 01:52 PM
hey hey hey! :tantrum: Viva Pinata is a great game!

Yeah, I forgot to mention that too. I love that game. I just wish I had time to play it more!

Agent51
04-03-2007, 02:00 PM
hey hey hey! :tantrum: Viva Pinata is a great game!

Yeah, for the first 10 minutes :lol:.

No seriously though, I can't knock it, because if I liked those types of games it would be a really good game. Well designed, original idea, great feel graphic-wise. I just don't like "Sim-type" games so I lost interest real quick.

Kameo though, now THAT game was crap.

mor911
04-03-2007, 02:01 PM
:hi5: i'm with you there, Kameo was absolute crap.

FinsNCanes
04-04-2007, 11:39 AM
ps2

I've been playing it more then my 360. Me and my roommate just started Dark Alliance. We tried playing Champions (good game) we just keep restarting to make new characters.