PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland not so interested Quinn

FinAtic8480
04-02-2007, 10:31 AM
The New York Daily News reports the Browns "don't appear interested in (Notre Dame quarterback Brady) Quinn."

No reason why is given, but this is a surprise if true. It seems likely that Quinn will be available for Cleveland when the No. 3 pick rolls around.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

The Dolphins also could trade up in the draft to take Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.

http://http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/04/01/nfl/index.html

If none of the big three take Quinn we have to trade with
Tampa and snag him... I dont care what it cost.

JT99Dfense
04-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Just let things unfold. We have not really given C-Pep a chance. If he falls to us then so be it. If not, I think we still have to go offense. Ted Ginn is our guy. Linemen with later rounds.

:survivor:

showstopper
04-02-2007, 10:45 AM
You don't have to trade up to #4, if cleveland doesn't pick him. Trading to #6 is an option, because tampa and arizona won't take him at their respective spots, but Vikings might.

PhinsRDbest
04-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Probably a smoke screen but I hope its true.

jdang307
04-02-2007, 12:51 PM
You don't have to trade up to #4, if cleveland doesn't pick him. Trading to #6 is an option, because tampa and arizona won't take him at their respective spots, but Vikings might.
Which is all fine and dandy ... until someone else trades with Tampa or Arizona :lol:

trate121hb
04-02-2007, 12:53 PM
i wouldnt give up a whole lot to move up to snag him.....our 9 and #60

dominizzo
04-02-2007, 01:11 PM
I hope Miami trades down

Crunkcore
04-02-2007, 01:19 PM

:yeahthat:

Finfanforever
04-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Be careful of all the smoke screening this time of year. Couple things that make me think this may be true though...Crennell needs to show vast improvement this year or he could be TOAST. I don't think Quinn is going to provide immediate help like maybe Peterson will. Tampa Bay REALLY wants Johnson...I mean REALLY REALLY wants him...I wonder how this will affect the draft????

Mike13
04-02-2007, 02:07 PM
I hope its true.

Noodle Arm
04-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't believe anything that's said before the draft. Every team has their poker face on at the moment.

Regan21286
04-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Teams are bluffing like they're playing in a high stakes poker tourney. That said, the Browns GM is a huge fan of JaMarcus Russell and has followed him since he was in high school. If Russell and Quinn are still available at the 3, he'll go Russell for sure. I just hope they pass on Quinn.

uncmiamiphan
04-02-2007, 08:11 PM
why would the browns want brady. they needed a young back to back-up jamal lewis and adrian peterson is their guy. also jamal is old and can be a mentor to peterson. they also would provide a dynamic 1-2 punch

Blitz
04-02-2007, 08:35 PM
I think they'll take Johnson or Peterson.

Elliott 1
04-02-2007, 09:36 PM
why would the browns want brady. they needed a young back to back-up jamal lewis and adrian peterson is their guy. also jamal is old and can be a mentor to peterson. they also would provide a dynamic 1-2 punch

They want him for the same reason the people on this board want him. They haven't had a decent QB in years and this guy might be it; AND, he actually WANTS, to play for them.

Vertical Limit
04-02-2007, 09:43 PM
I think they'll take Johnson or Peterson.
Calvin Johnson? Didn't they take Braylon Edwards in the 1st round already? Who are they, the new Lions?

Agent51
04-03-2007, 02:06 AM

Why would it be a smoke screen by saying they DON'T want him? Saying you aren't interested in a player will just make teams behind you think he will fall to them and they don't have to trade up, so you won't get any offers. A team saying they AREN'T interested in a guy has zero benifit for them, it only hurts them (if they wanted to trade down).

HEDAZHELAS24
04-03-2007, 02:21 AM
I think its Peterson or Jamarcus

Aqua4Ever04
04-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Calvin Johnson? Didn't they take Braylon Edwards in the 1st round already? Who are they, the new Lions?

I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

I find all of this interesting when I think about Charlie Frye. Heading into last season the Browns staff and organization was in love with Frye and now, all of a sudden, he seems to be forgotten. I think Cleveland goes Peterson no matter what. We just have to hope and pray he Quinn lasts past Oakland and Detroit. It makes so much sense for the Lions to draft him, I wouldn't understand at all if they didn't.