PDA

View Full Version : What would you give up to trade up for Quinn?

trate121hb
04-02-2007, 12:56 PM
:bump: 2 draft please...MY MISTAKE !!!! :bump:

Seems like we are all wanting this kid more and more.....I'm becoming more of a fan as each day goes by and see a world of potential and a successor to Marino.....Although Im still a Cpep fan I would love for the Fins to draft him and I think it'll be near miraculous to have him there at 9....So my question is this: If you were GM what would you give up to snag him (say at the #2-6) spot.....if anything at all......Before I said the only guy Id trade up for is CJ but I now think Cj and Quinn are my 2 guys.

Without looking at the draft value chart I'd give up 9 and 60 and maybe even a 4 th next year

SpurzN703
04-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Our 1st, one of our 2nd rounders, and a 2nd rounder next year

ohiobryan
04-02-2007, 01:01 PM
our 1st this year and next year! go fins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we want brady quinn!!!!!

fishypete
04-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Nothing.

flip
04-02-2007, 01:06 PM
DC,CC and a late round pick

Bellson
04-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Maybe a 2nd rounder and a player... nothing more!!

dominizzo
04-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Screw Quinnn!! Like Cam Said He will build this team through the draft!!

So No trading

dolpns13
04-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Our first, and 3rd, or our 1st, 4th or 5th and DC, thats it

arsenal
04-02-2007, 01:10 PM
one of our seconds... our high second could get us up to the number 4 pick according to the draft value chart... our low 2nd can get us to withing 50 pts of the 5th pick

dolpns13
04-02-2007, 01:12 PM

So No trading

This senario is building through the draft

SQuinn17
04-02-2007, 01:13 PM

So No trading
isnt trading up for a franchise qb considered building through the draft?

Joneal7
04-02-2007, 01:14 PM
id much rather sit and wait or trade down...Stanton and Kolb could be had late in the first or early 2nd and would fit Camerons system

SabanHater
04-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Either Quinn or Joe Thomas. Our 1st & one of our 2nds.

Finfanforever
04-02-2007, 01:27 PM
:bump: 2 draft please...MY MISTAKE !!!! :bump:

Seems like we are all wanting this kid more and more.....I'm becoming more of a fan as each day goes by and see a world of potential and a successor to Marino.....Although Im still a Cpep fan I would love for the Fins to draft him and I think it'll be near miraculous to have him there at 9....So my question is this: If you were GM what would you give up to snag him (say at the #2-6) spot.....if anything at all......Before I said the only guy Id trade up for is CJ but I now think Cj and Quinn are my 2 guys.

Without looking at the draft value chart I'd give up 9 and 60 and maybe even a 4 th next year

I would give up our #1 and our late 2nd round this year and a 2008 4th round.

ASUFinFan
04-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I would do whatever it took. If Cam can get the qb he wants to run his system, this offense will be extremely successful in my opinion.

PhinfanUK
04-02-2007, 01:39 PM
As little as possible. Anything more is too much :tongue:

AllianceCollect
04-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Any move up in this draft will include Olind Mare, so a Swap of Firsts, One of our Seconds, Mare & whatever minor pick might be necessary (Late this year or Next)....

fairbanksb
04-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Nothing. Well okay, our first and our 2nd in 2010.

BlueFin
04-02-2007, 02:05 PM
The Welker draft picks give us the ability to move up without wrecking our draft, and we will.

FinfanInBuffalo
04-02-2007, 02:16 PM
The Welker draft picks give us the ability to move up without wrecking our draft, and we will.

I'm really conflicted over this. As much as I'd like to see Quinn wearing a Fins uniform, we can't ignore the OL any longer. So much of this depends on how comfortable the front office is with the current OL on the roster and the current QBs on the roster.

trate121hb
04-02-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm really conflicted over this. As much as I'd like to see Quinn wearing a Fins uniform, we can't ignore the OL any longer. So much of this depends on how comfortable the front office is with the current OL on the roster and the current QBs on the roster.

thats the one thing im worried about....i love rounds 2-3 in this draft and feel that we need to get some quality guys for our oline.....if we trade up for quinn lets say to 5 and give up #9 and 60 a scenario can play out like this:

#5 Quinn
#40 Kalil/Grubbs/Sidney Rice/Ugoh
#71 DB/LB/DT/Oline

We need to really hit on both players in Round 2-3

Perfect23
04-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Nothing

GRYPHONK
04-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Depends on who we trade with

Oakland- #9, Culpepper, our 3rd this year and 1st next year.
Detroit- #9, our late 2nd and Booker plus a 2nd next year
Cleveland- #9, Culpepper, Mare and our late 2nd
TB- #9, Chambers and our 4th this year and 5th next year

In those scenarios my ideal trading partners would be Cleveland and Tamp Bay

Remember, this is under the assumption that we would get Quinn as our Franchise QB who would replace Culpepper. We have Feeley to replace Mare and we could draft Gonzales, Rice etc to replace Chambers.

Players I have as potential trade bait to help move up

Chambers
Culpepper
Mare
Bell
Shelton
Booker

Not all of them, just depending on who we trade with up or down

daniel3
04-02-2007, 03:56 PM
isnt trading up for a franchise qb considered building through the draft?

Cam said building the "team", not "QB position" through the draft. In other words regardless of however good Quinn will be, can this team afford to mortgage a good deal of this and probably next years rebuilding efforts just to acquire one player? Or would you be happy with Quinn surrounded by even more aging veterans well past their prime?

We're not in the position the Giants were when they gave up so much to acquire Eli. We're much worse off.

Regan21286
04-02-2007, 04:22 PM
I'll trade the arms and legs of every Finheaven member for the Dolphins to get Brady Quinn. And I'll even provide the chainsaw and medical bodybags to store them in.

But seriously, I hope we can send off our 1st, one or both 2nds, and a future conditional pick if Quinn doesn't fall to the 9.

PhinsRDbest
04-02-2007, 05:06 PM
My left index finger and my pinky toe.

Phinzone
04-02-2007, 05:43 PM
I'd give a first, a 2nd, and a player (mare, DC prefferably) to slide up and snag Quinn. I really want him, and with that extra 2nd, you REALLY have to consider it. Nothing would make me feel better than taking that pat's 2nd and hurting them for years to come with Brady 2

trate121hb
04-02-2007, 08:53 PM
i wouldnt give up DC.....I think Id do this 9 60 and Mare and a conditional 6th round that can become a 4th depending on playing time....that is it

Dol-Fan99
04-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I would do whatever it took. If Cam can get the qb he wants to run his system, this offense will be extremely successful in my opinion.

I agree 100%. Whatever it take. Our 1st, one of our second, DC, CC, whatever!!!

Psychosikes
04-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Realistically, i would give up our 9/60 to move up to #6 to snag quinn. Any earlier and we are sacrificing too much of our draft for one player. We need an influx of youth, and that is best done through the draft (duh). As much as I would love quinn, if he is drafted in the top five, the cost is too much for us to get him :(

hestar
04-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Realistically, i would give up our 9/60 to move up to #6 to snag quinn. Any earlier and we are sacrificing too much of our draft for one player. We need an influx of youth, and that is best done through the draft (duh). As much as I would love quinn, if he is drafted in the top five, the cost is too much for us to get him :(

I agree with ya man...At first, I was against quinn.But,watching some of his games/highlights im all for him..We need to draft quinn no matter the cost!.I have a really good feeling hes gonna be a star in this leauge.

fishypete
04-02-2007, 11:53 PM
This senario is building through the draft

How far did trading for Ricky Williams set the Dolphins back....what could they have gotten for those three picks?

Let me remind everyone....the best QB that has come out in the in the last 10 years or so is Manning....and it took him how long to win the big one. Do we again trade three picks for one player that may or may not be successful in the NFL? How many bust's have there been at QB taken in the first round?

BlueFin
04-03-2007, 02:03 PM
How far did trading for Ricky Williams set the Dolphins back....what could they have gotten for those three picks?

Let me remind everyone....the best QB that has come out in the in the last 10 years or so is Manning....and it took him how long to win the big one. Do we again trade three picks for one player that may or may not be successful in the NFL? How many bust's have there been at QB taken in the first round?

And let me remind you Pete, we haven't won a Superbowl in 33 years.

There are busts at every position, every year, that is not a valid reason to avoid making a move you have a conviction on.

You don't like Brady Quinn, yeah we get that, but Mueller may see him as the guy we win Superbowls with.

If the major cost is only the picks we got for Wes Welker, and Mueller has a strong conviction, he should absolutely go for it.

Quarterback is simply the most important position in the game, and you have to keep rolling the dice on QB's until you find a playmaker, because until you do, you really have nothing.

Regan21286
04-03-2007, 04:06 PM

So you neglect Super Bowl winner Roesthlisberger, Super Bowl contender Donovan McNabb, Carson Palmer weren't worth the 1st rounder spent on him. Not to mention the prospect of Jay Cutler, Vince Young, Philip Rivers, and even JP Losman? There are busts everywhere especially at WR, DE, and LT. Only spot with some kind of consistency is RB and we're set there.

Dolfan32323
04-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Whatever it takes!