PDA

View Full Version : dwayne bowe or dwayne jarrett?

MofoPhin
04-02-2007, 04:34 PM
who is the better reciever?

DonShula84
04-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I'd rather have Bowe

SgtPhin
04-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Personally, I like Bowe more. He is faster, timed speed, and caught just about everything that Russell threw at him. Don't have that same feel about Jarrett. I believe he is over-hyped just because he comes from USC.

Boomer
04-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Jarrett has the better hands, Bowe had the eye surgery, but still drops a few. Bowe is the better route runner, gets cleaner seperation, runs better routes and is a far superior blocker.

I think Bowe is the better player.

VT Dolphan
04-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Jarrett was absolutely dominant when he was on the field at USC, Bowe was good, but far from dominating. The trendy comparisons seem to be Jarrett=Mike Williams and Bowe=Anquan Boldin, obviously if thats the case I'd rather have Bowe...but I believe too much stock is being put into the whole Mike Williams comparison. Keyshawn Johnson was a big possession receiver from USC and I'd say he's carved out a pretty good career for himself, maybe not deserving of that number one pick status, but solid nonetheless. I like Jarrett better and hoping he slides to us at forty.

Sean
04-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Jarrett, because of his hands.

PJack
04-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Bowe - speed, strong, and excellent blocker downfield. Reminds me of a faster version of Hines Ward. I think Jarrett will be a better player than Mike Williams, but will always be limited by lack of speed. A good possession receiver and red zone option.

Advantage - Bowe.

WelcomeBack
04-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Bowe. He's almost complete. I think if the eye surgery can truly improve his drop problem, than he will be a great wide receiver.

Dolfan11
04-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Either or. We need to trade down though.

J-REMEDY
04-02-2007, 08:49 PM
i rather take bowe

Kdawg954
04-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Gimme Bowe, kid is a beast.

finfan54
04-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Jarrett has the better hands, Bowe had the eye surgery, but still drops a few. Bowe is the better route runner, gets cleaner seperation, runs better routes and is a far superior blocker.

I think Bowe is the better player.

I think Bowe is the better West coast offense WR. Dont you agree Boomer?:wink:

Boomer
04-03-2007, 07:46 AM
I think Bowe is the better West coast offense WR. Dont you agree Boomer?:wink:

FLMAO.

Read the thread properly, you clueless sheep. And actually, Bowe WOULD be a better West Coast WR than Jarrett anyway at the next level, so yet AGAIN destroying your rather pathetic attempts to stalk me round the forums, flashing your incredible knowledge for all to see and embarrassing yourself into the bargain.

finfan54
04-03-2007, 07:53 AM
FLMAO.

Read the thread properly, you clueless sheep. And actually, Bowe WOULD be a better West Coast WR than Jarrett anyway at the next level, so yet AGAIN destroying your rather pathetic attempts to stalk me round the forums, flashing your incredible knowledge for all to see and embarrassing yourself into the bargain.

Its funny you call me a sheep when everyone else kisses your royal british backside and I do not. It must be the irish in me.:D

Boomer
04-03-2007, 07:55 AM
Its funny you call me a sheep when everyone else kisses your royal british backside and I do not. It must be the irish in me.:D

I think it's just the stupid inside you.

No-one kisses my backside. People might appreciate what I do, but that's about it. Don't worry though, I'm sure your mum loves you.

Finfanforever
04-03-2007, 09:30 AM

Look....Boomer works and researches his a$$ off, gives us Finfans more USEFUL info on the draft than we could possibly imagine. More importantly, he gives us a RESEARCHED opinion. Boom always has stats, data and mounds of film study to back up his opinion. What do you give us???? ...besides a good laugh at your pitiful attempt to degrade Boom? :fire: :sidelol: :err:
PS: More often than not he's on the money with that opinion!

Motion
04-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Bowe hands down.

arsenal
04-03-2007, 09:39 AM
i love bowes strength... id take him over jarrett...

PyroDOLFAN
04-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Ummm....I like people to catch the ball so maybe Jarrett as a 4th receiver slot like a Wes welker. Bowe has the whole package except for the most important part of being a widereceiver-----Catch the Ball. Who cares about speed and strentgh in a wide receiver who cant receive.

Agent51
04-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Ummm....I like people to catch the ball so maybe Jarrett as a 4th receiver slot like a Wes welker. Bowe has the whole package except for the most important part of being a widereceiver-----Catch the Ball. Who cares about speed and strentgh in a wide receiver who cant receive.

Terrell Owens is a Pro Bowl WR and he has issues catching the ball too. You make it seem like Bowe NEVER catches the ball, the guy is good for a drop or two a game, but so is Owens, and, despite his mouth and antics, he is still one of the most sought-after WRs in the game, so moot point.

I choose Dwayne Bowe.

finfan54
04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
I think it's just the stupid inside you.

No-one kisses my backside. People might appreciate what I do, but that's about it. Don't worry though, I'm sure your mum loves you.

And I thought getting personal was not allowed on this board. Ah well, rules are meant to be broken.

I'll just send my clueless *** back to my Tele. Sorry I got you all worked up over nothing Boomer.

Your a swell laddy. Seriously. Whats your problem? I never called you a racist. You incited yourself. Thats a pretty strong word IMO.

finfan54
04-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Look....Boomer works and researches his a$$ off, gives us Finfans more USEFUL info on the draft than we could possibly imagine. More importantly, he gives us a RESEARCHED opinion. Boom always has stats, data and mounds of film study to back up his opinion. What do you give us???? ...besides a good laugh at your pitiful attempt to degrade Boom? :fire: :sidelol: :err:
PS: More often than not he's on the money with that opinion!

I never degraded Boomer. I only degraded the insanity of a lazy Russell. So I guess no one can disagree with Boomer or you get insulted. I simply commented on what he commented on. I dont care how much research anyone does, if something doesnt make sense to me, why can I not disagree and tell it like I see it? This crap has turned to more crap. Only the crap I started with was the very crap that is being spread about a very good QB.

Agent51
04-03-2007, 08:29 PM
I never degraded Boomer. I only degraded the insanity of a lazy Russell. So I guess no one can disagree with Boomer or you get insulted. I simply commented on what he commented on. I dont care how much research anyone does, if something doesnt make sense to me, why can I not disagree and tell it like I see it? This crap has turned to more crap. Only the crap I started with was the very crap that is being spread about a very good QB.

What have you SPECIFICALLY seen from Jamarcuss Russell over a three year span, NOT in the Sugar Bowl, that makes you call him a "very good QB"?

And why is his lazyness so hard to grasp for you? If he really were that good of a player everyone here would be salivating over him, but you don't see threads popping up about moving up for Russell, because he isn;t as good as "Mel Kiper" rates him, and the majority of the people notice it. IDK how his lazyness has just passed you by, but I'd say showing up the the combine overweight, and refusing to do ANY drills, in what is basically his JOB INTERVIEW, it's ridiculous. He just sat around with his headphones on laughing and joking and twirling a ball, in a job interview. If you were a boss and some guy came in and didn't want to participate in anything you asked him to and acted like he didn't really care one ay or the other, would he be an employee you'd trust hiring?

You may choose to ignore it, but the reports were there BEFORE the combine, there have been reports that his own coaches batlled with his weight all the time and he DIDN'T work as hard as he could have in practices. Can I cite who said it off the top of my head? No, butcan you cite anyone who said he ISN'T lazy and has a GOOD work ethic off the top of your head? No.

Bottom line, if Russell was the QB that was best for this team, and really as good as he's hyped to be, people would be going just as nuts over him as they are Quinn, but they AREN'T. Nobody is going to slander the guy if he is truely the better player for us, that would be stupid.