PDA

View Full Version : Screw You Xbox 360.

Majpain
04-03-2007, 03:06 AM
Well I rented 2K7 at Blockbuster and checked the disc and its in perfect condition. So I switched out the disc and its about day 2 of having it and I'm getting disc read error. Xbox 360 is pissing me the hell off. I'm going to call Microsoft tomorrow and I better hear that they will send out a new one

:fire:

Stitches
04-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Sorry about your luck, did you get a warranty from the store? If so, just go trade it in for a new one.

Bruzer
04-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Is it just me or am I seeing this problem quite a bit I mean I want a 360 but i keep hearing these disc read errors and 3 rings of death and I had enough problems with ps2 and don't want to experience it again.

Agent51
04-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Is it just me or am I seeing this problem quite a bit I mean I want a 360 but i keep hearing these disc read errors and 3 rings of death and I had enough problems with ps2 and don't want to experience it again.

I thought the disc thing was just the 2K games? It seems like everytime someone describes the problem it was while playing one of their games.

As far as the "red ring of death", that is quite the issue. I bought my 360 during last years E3, so March (or Mary? I forgot when E3 is, lol) of 06, and it gave me the "red ring of death" right out of the box. I just went right back to the store and exchanced it since I had just bought it a few hours earlier. I wasn't going to wait the 6-8 weeks MS told me it would take for them to fix when I called them.

So far though I haven't had any issues with my 360, and I'm going on a year *knock on wood*. I have noticed that it OCCASIONALLY freezes up, but it only seems to be during Madden, and it's very few and far between, so I'm thinking t might be Madden and not so much the system.

Stitches
04-03-2007, 09:01 AM

My 360 freezes on NFS:MW, but that's because it is scratched a lot. And occassionaly I get disc read error on NCAA football '07, but it's not liek it happens all the time or anything. I would say I generally hav no problem with my 360. No more than my ps2 really at least.

Bruzer
04-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Ok thats a little more comfort because I want to get a 360 when mass effect comes out and I just want to make sure its not needing to be fixed all the time Thanks.

Dolfan32323
04-03-2007, 10:12 AM
UGH MS SUPPORT IS CRAP! It took them over a month to get me a working 360. LAST TIME I BUY A PRODUCT ONLINE!!! From now on it is only Best Buy instore so I can get a warranty!

VT Dolphan
04-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I was really disspointed, but not surprised, that Microsoft would release such a bugged system at such a high price. I experienced the three red lights about three months ago, luckily I was still within that extended warranty period and they fixed it for free. It took them less than two weeks to fix and ship it halfway across the country back to me. It has been working fine ever since, so their tech support has really made up for all the problems it has given me.

Slappy8800
04-03-2007, 01:32 PM
i really dont get why people dont spend the extra 40 bucks for the year warranty

arsenal
04-03-2007, 01:37 PM
yeah ive had a disc read error with my NHL 2k7 after a few months... but its rare, it was annoying cause it started as i was playing online and i would catch Ls for it eventhough i dominate that game :evil:

Majpain
04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
i really dont get why people dont spend the extra 40 bucks for the year warranty

I did. Hopefully they dont give some BS excuse saying its my fault its getting disc read errors :shakeno:

Motion
04-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Sounds like you got THE Ohio State University edition of the 360.

It'll never work. :wink:

banzaitrey
04-03-2007, 02:52 PM
I was doing a dynast last night in a 3 day old ncaa 07 football and got a disc read error in the middle of a game...Hopefully it doesn't happen too often

DrewAlmighty
04-03-2007, 03:50 PM
My 360 crapped out too. I'm playing PS2.

It's depressing.

Majpain
04-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Sounds like you got THE Ohio State University edition of the 360.

It'll never work. :wink:
:boohoo: damn motion im already depressed enough :(

Alright a called and they are going to repair it. Does that mean I'm getting a new console?

Dolfan5000
04-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Ahhh how I love the taste of 360 owners tears.

THEY MAKE ME STRONGER!!!

Dolfan984
04-03-2007, 05:43 PM
My bro already had to take in his 360 once (thank god for warranties) and the new one (just like the old one) scratches the crap out of games.

screamer
04-03-2007, 05:49 PM
No problem with mine at all. Got it or should I say the kids got it from Santa 06. Lovin it!

Phin-o-rama
04-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Ahhh how I love the taste of 360 owners tears.

THEY MAKE ME STRONGER!!!

:bob:

brandon27
04-03-2007, 08:28 PM

Ive had mine since launch. No red rings, lights nothing at all. Only one disc read error, I bought a used copy of mlb 2k6 that was scratched to h*ll when i brought it home. Exchanged it, never a problem again. I wouldnt worry about it. Especially with the new models coming out.

TheMageGandalf
04-03-2007, 08:31 PM
This sounds like the CD-Rom is trash.

If you have the warranty with the place you bought it at like Best Buy or Circuit City... whatever...

I'd take it back there and get a new one.

Just say its broken, through no fault of yours, and you have the warranty and you want a new one.

They shouldn't hassle you because thats why you paid them the extra money for. Just stand your ground. Its NOT your fault, the machines broken and you want to cash in your replacement warranty. If they give you crap at one store, try another one.

If you get it 'repaired' from MS, you'll problably get back a refurbished one dude.

Better to get a new one, especially if you paid the store the extra money for it.

Knock on wood, mine has been steady since I got it April 06. The only problems I have ever had are with the stupid cooler I have attached to it in that it sometimes get a little loose if I am messing with the wires behind the TV (due to Comcast and their craptastic cable box) and I have to push it in right again or else Ill get the red lights.

Bruzer
04-03-2007, 08:36 PM
I heard the intercooler gives the system a slow death is that true? Something to do with interfering with the fans in the 360.

TheMageGandalf
04-03-2007, 08:52 PM
I heard the intercooler gives the system a slow death is that true? Something to do with interfering with the fans in the 360.

I haven't had any problems whatsoever like that. I know some people say that they have had problems, but knock on wood, I have not.

In fact, what made me keep the thing is that I felt the difference in the heat blowing out of the machine with it than without it.

It's a little louder, but I can't really tell the difference once I'm playing a game especially when I have the Dolby on.

I've had a few times I've gamed with it for 6-7 hours straight and the system was stable and working fine.

Can't really say what happens under the same conditions without it since I bought the cooler with the system.

My first cooler though was broken out of the box but with this new one, everythings been a-ok. Just need to make sure its pushed in all the way or else it wont work with the 360 right. I played the system a couple of times without the cooler, at first, to see if it needed it and thought that it was hotter without the cooler so I went ahead and exchanged it for a new one instead of getting a refund.

Majpain
04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
So what does Msoft do when I send them my old 360? do they replace the drive inside or do they give me a new one?

TheMageGandalf
04-03-2007, 09:34 PM
So what does Msoft do when I send them my old 360? do they replace the drive inside or do they give me a new one?

Thats the thing bro, I personally dont know since I haven't had the experience with them.

I can only tell you what I have seen people say which is they get a refurbished one back, not a brand new one.

If your going that route you can always like take a marker and mark a small edge of your 360 and when you get it back see if the mark is still there or not to see if its yours or a new system.

As far as knowing if the system your getting is new or refurbished if you get a different one, I guess just inspect it and see if you see any scuff marks or anything that would indicate it being used before.

Majpain
04-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Thats the thing bro, I personally dont know since I haven't had the experience with them.

I can only tell you what I have seen people say which is they get a refurbished one back, not a brand new one.

If your going that route you can always like take a marker and mark a small edge of your 360 and when you get it back see if the mark is still there or not to see if its yours or a new system.

As far as knowing if the system your getting is new or refurbished if you get a different one, I guess just inspect it and see if you see any scuff marks or anything that would indicate it being used before.

All it really needs is a new disk drive. All I know is my games better effing work.

Scatman
04-04-2007, 11:27 AM

cause you shouldnt have too.

look at nintendo.. i had a ds for almost a year got torn up by my daughter.... after about 11 months the bottom screen broke altogether plus a while bunch of little stuff (mostly cause of my girl dropping it), but they repaired everything for free no questions asked...

warranties should be included at least for a year with these systems.

Deus Ex Dolphin
04-04-2007, 12:14 PM
If they know what the issue is, they can replace the part, not just give you another system. The only issue I've seen for myself is a friend who had the DVD tray sticking, and they fixed it for him. Out of five friends who have a 360, that has been the only one with problems.

The nice thing now is that you get another year long warranty if they send you another system as a replacement.

It's funny, I had to buy two PS1s, and a friend of mind just bought his THIRD PS2 last year. I've felt Sony had hardware issues for years. The PS3 seems better built, but then I don't know anyone who has one yet, and for $600 I'd expect only the best hardware.

A little perspective though. IF the failure rate of the 360 is 5%? That means that out of the 10 million and counting sold... you'd expect to see 500,000 sytems with issues. A pretty good number. No surprise to see threads like this then, as people don't start threads talking about how the launch system they have is still working great. :D

Frankly, a 1 in 20 chance of a bad system is too high, and MS needs to work on it. The one year warranty helps a lot though, as 90% of problems will happen in the first couple months anyway.

BTW, my Dec 06 system is alive and well.

Motion
04-04-2007, 12:33 PM
I still think its an OSU thing :wink:

Cuban Dave 9
04-04-2007, 01:54 PM
How much is a 360 going for nowadays?

Majpain
04-04-2007, 02:01 PM
I still think its an OSU thing :wink:

:shakeno: Damn you MOTION!!! You win everything! :lol::wink:

Congrats on FH MM. Damn Gators.

Motion
04-04-2007, 02:04 PM
:shakeno: Damn you MOTION!!! You win everything! :lol::wink:

Congrats on FH MM. Damn Gators.

:chuckle: Thanks man

Dors156
04-04-2007, 07:35 PM
i had the same problem with the same game but luckily i fixed the game because it was severely scratched. i got lucky.

Clark Kent
04-04-2007, 08:13 PM
I always get the disc read issue on my xbox with Madden and NCAA... I see nothing has changed. This really makes me want to avoid the 360.

Megatron
04-06-2007, 11:16 AM
My PS3 is workin just fine, no freezing, crashes, or hang ups.......oops wrong thread.:foundout:

StormSurge
04-06-2007, 11:51 AM
:shakeno:

Dolfan11
04-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Damn man. That's why xbox 360 = crap. I had one, and decided to get rid of it after it started giving me problems with certain games, and I even bought multiple versions of some games, from different stores, to determine that it's the system not the games.

PS3 > XBOX 360

I had both, and I regret ever buying a 360. If you can somehow sell it, save some cash and get a PS3, it's the best option. Sure, 360 has an advantage of being out an extra year, and more games, but PS3 will get it's share of games in time. Again, not trying to offend, just giving some advice.