PDA

View Full Version : Brown plays "very soft" - Penn State fans

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Ok, I was perusing a Penn State fan board and many MANY fans are not keen on Levi Brown at all.. His own fans don't even really like him (which is unusual until you hear the reasoning) .. Most say that this guy plays soft and he isn't much of a difference maker in college, let alone the Pro's ..

I admit I haven't watched the guy play a ton in college, and I also have to admit that hearing this from Penn State fans is somewhat alarming to hear ..

I have changed my tune on Levi Brown as a result.. The last thing this O-line in Miami needs is more "softies" ..

miamiron
04-05-2007, 06:52 AM
He dominated in the senior bowl
Awhile back nfl.com had all the practice videos during the week
and he dominated during the practices as well...
the only problem he had was with Anthony Spencer on 2 plays otherwise he handled the best of the best with ease ALL WEEK LONG!!

So whomever said he was soft or played soft is out of there mind
and I dont care what board they came from as I saw with my own two eyes
his ability and desire and I would be happy if he were our #1 pick but at 14-18 and grab another 3rd round pick by trading down

finfan54
04-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Brown is ranked where he is for good reason. I have not read anything anywhere anyhow, other than fans who are vying for particular player and dis another in order to get what they want, that says Brown is soft.

Stuff like this gets made up every year around this time. Brown would not be ranked where he is if he were soft. Everybody knows Brown is not soft. In fact, Brown is very strong and can smack you pretty good when he puts his mind to it with the best of them. Browns problem is that he can dominate for a good while, and then fall asleep. That is what I saw in the Senior bowl. And I do not believe it was Anthony Spencer causing the problems for Brown, it was Tim Crowder DE Texas, who put two back to back moves on Brown that threw him for a loop, then he recovered.

Browns faults can be corrected with good coaching IMO, but make not mistake, the pluses far outweigh the minuses or he would be a third rounder.

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-05-2007, 07:13 AM
the only problem he had was with Anthony Spencer on 2 plays otherwise he handled the best of the best with ease ALL WEEK LONG!!

his ability and desire and I would be happy if he were our #1 pick but at 14-18 and grab another 3rd round pick by trading down

Thanks, I wish I could see that video.. I admit I haven't watched Brown much, I am just relaying what Penn St fans are sayin' .

BlueFin
04-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Ok, I was perusing a Penn State fan board and many MANY fans are not keen on Levi Brown at all.. His own fans don't even really like him (which is unusual until you hear the reasoning) .. Most say that this guy plays soft and he isn't much of a difference maker in college, let alone the Pro's ..

I admit I haven't watched the guy play a ton in college, and I also have to admit that hearing this from Penn State fans is somewhat alarming to hear ..

I have changed my tune on Levi Brown as a result.. The last thing this O-line in Miami needs is more "softies" ..

Link?

Agent51
04-05-2007, 07:41 AM

The thing I don't like about so much emphasis on the Senior Bowl is that it is STILL COLLEGE. If he had faced pros and "dominated" then it would be different, but everyone always says "just because a guy was great in college doesn't mean he will be in the NFL", but if that's the case, why is the Senior Bowl such a big deal, when it is still college kids.

That being said I've been against Brown since the first mocks started having us take him at #9.

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 09:30 AM

See this is what people don't get did he handle the best week end and week out no. He showed up for one week to impress scouts to get his money. Then all season long he was soft know to take plays off. Oh and the best player he played this year was Woodley in the Mich game. Being a Mich fan I loved Brown that day cause Woodley was shakeing hands all day with there QB's as he had to help them up of the ground so much. So whats going to happen to him after he signs that big contract he will go right back to his old habits. Plus talent wise he is not a top ten LT prospect. The only reason he is rated this high is because two guys that were much better decided to return to college (Long and Baker). In the end I think Staley has more ubside then he does. I want a great LT as much as the next guy, but I also relize that this year outside of Thomas there just is not one really there or more to the fact one that is worth picking top ten. Now I know some guys picked later may turn out to be good bu as of right now there is no one that is safe enough to be a top ten pick at LT. (other then thomas)

arsenal
04-05-2007, 09:35 AM
penn state fans have no reason to lie about him...

its just how most hurricanes fans will say olsen is a lazy player... people who watch these guys year in and year out know more than we do from watching only a few games here and there, thats for sure...

but scouts see that and they always disregard things like laziness and softness, they think they can change those things, they just look for the tools and measurables to transition into the pros...

problem is you cant always change those things, a lazy player might always be a lazy player, a soft player might always be a soft player... coaching cant change everybody...

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Brown is ranked where he is for good reason. I have not read anything anywhere anyhow, other than fans who are vying for particular player and dis another in order to get what they want, that says Brown is soft.

Stuff like this gets made up every year around this time. Brown would not be ranked where he is if he were soft. Everybody knows Brown is not soft. In fact, Brown is very strong and can smack you pretty good when he puts his mind to it with the best of them. Browns problem is that he can dominate for a good while, and then fall asleep. That is what I saw in the Senior bowl. And I do not believe it was Anthony Spencer causing the problems for Brown, it was Tim Crowder DE Texas, who put two back to back moves on Brown that threw him for a loop, then he recovered.

Browns faults can be corrected with good coaching IMO, but make not mistake, the pluses far outweigh the minuses or he would be a third rounder.

What is being soft then to cause, I think Brown plays soft. Which means at times he lacks fire and aggression and takes way to many playes off. Soft don't mean he is no physicaly strong. And Like I have been saying he has been ranked higher because of hype fron SR bowl, and a lack of talent at the LT position. Look back at the end of the year before the SR. Bowl and u will see that when Long and Baker were still being ranked on all these draft sites that Brown was ranked like 4/5 some even lower and was projected as a second to third rounder. And please people watch a guy for more then just the SR bowl.

Noodle Arm
04-05-2007, 10:39 AM
He'll make an excellent RT in the NFL....just my opinion of course.

Spray Mucus
04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
I have a feeling Levi Brown is gonna slide much like Winston Justice did last year.

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 10:48 AM
He'll make an excellent RT in the NFL....just my opinion of course.

This is also my veiw on Brown as well as he has had problems with speed type DE's which u will see much more at LT. When I watch Brown play I see a lot of people beat he to the point of attack. Now is this cause he lacks the speed Quikness of a top LT or is he just lazy and taking plays off when he gets beat. Whatever it is it still means your QB getting killed.

Elliott 1
04-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Scout had him ranked 56th back in January before the senior bowl. Now he is what, 7th.

I don't want anything to do with this guy.

I'd rather take Satele and Free in the second round and Alleman in the third and our offensive line will be good for years and years.

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Scout had him ranked 56th back in January before the senior bowl. Now he is what, 7th.

I don't want anything to do with this guy.

I'd rather take Satele and Free in the second round and Alleman in the third and our offensive line will be good for years and years.

Thank you someone else has noticed that as well. Like I also said the other main reason he has rison from then is during those ranking guys like Long and Baker. When a position lacks talent u see less talanted people start going before there talent level should. I want a LT real bad but I think next year may be better cause there are 2 guys that would go higher this year over Brown. Plus Barton fron OSU may be on to watch.