PDA

View Full Version : Phins may move up 6th to nab Quin?

Fingers
04-05-2007, 09:46 AM
The rumored trade and swap of picks for Bears OLB Lance Briggs is believed to be dead. The Redskins (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/wwhi040407.htm#), according to a source in Washington, are hoping Brady Quinn will fall to No. 6 so that they can find a potential suitor — with Miami being the most likely — that would be willing to trade up and acquire the pick. Ideally, the Redskins would like to trade down, and the prospect of adding a fourth starting-caliber linebacker to the roster to pair with current veteran Marcus Washington, free-agent addition London Fletcher and unproven second-year LB Rocky McIntosh, had very much interested the Redskins. ProFootballweekly.com

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-05-2007, 09:48 AM
If that's the case, then the redskins have their eye on Willis . Do you have a link to the whole story ?

Fingers
04-05-2007, 09:51 AM
If that's the case, then the redskins have their eye on Willis . Do you have a link to the whole story ?
Sorry. Here's the link ww.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/wwhi040407.htm

Finsfan1984
04-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Link?

Finsfan1984
04-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Too late, my bad!!!

PhinfanUK
04-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Anyone know how much it would cost us to move up to #6?

SR 7
04-05-2007, 10:09 AM
i believe our 3rd only. that woudl be awesome. keep the 3rd throw a playe risntead!

amir7
04-05-2007, 10:09 AM
all it should cost us is our 3rd round pick, according to the pick value chart

phinfan13/34
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
do it! Oh this draft is going to be so much more exciting then the last few have been!

Fingers
04-05-2007, 10:17 AM
i believe our 3rd only. that woudl be awesome. keep the 3rd throw a playe risntead!
If Miami only had to give up its 1st and 3rd to obtain a potential franchise QB, Mueller will do it in a heartbeat. I am not sure if the player swap would work. Miami does not have an excess of starting caliber players to deal.

trate121hb
04-05-2007, 10:30 AM
for our 1st and 3rd i would definitely do it

Mcganiel
04-05-2007, 10:36 AM
for our 1st and 3rd i would definitely do it

Im with yah

CitizenSnips
04-05-2007, 10:36 AM
I think when its all said and done both QB's are gonna go in the top three. I dont see Cleveland passing on Quinn. It would just be a dumb move all around for them. He'd be a great Franchise Qb for them for years, he's already got substantial name recognition at Notre Dame so he'd sell tickets playing for an Ohio franchise, and if anyone has a strong friendship with Charlie Weis, it's Romeo Crennel. However, if one of the two QB's were to fall, i think it would actually be Russell. Word is scouts around the league are a little suspicious about his work ethic because of the way his weight has been fluctuating.

nyital571
04-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Well If we have the oppurtunity we gotta go for it.

Elle Clouds
04-05-2007, 10:51 AM
no sir on losing more pics

PhinfanUK
04-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I think when its all said and done both QB's are gonna go in the top three. I dont see Cleveland passing on Quinn. It would just be a dumb move all around for them. He'd be a great Franchise Qb for them for years, he's already got substantial name recognition at Notre Dame so he'd sell tickets playing for an Ohio franchise, and if anyone has a strong friendship with Charlie Weis, it's Romeo Crennel. However, if one of the two QB's were to fall, i think it would actually be Russell. Word is scouts around the league are a little suspicious about his work ethic because of the way his weight has been fluctuating.

It depends if they get Trent Green. Charlie Frye has shown flashes of ability over the past two seasons and Adrian Peterson will have a bigger immediate impact on the team's ability to win games than Quinn. It would seem that if Crennel wants to save his job, he'll draft Peterson.

For a third round pick we have to trade up if Quinn is there.

showstopper
04-05-2007, 11:05 AM
maybe they'll be desperate and take a 4th instead of a 3rd.

FINSFAN2781
04-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Im all for trading up to get Quinn, but if we trade to #6, whose to say that Quinn will even still be there at #6. CLE or DET can pick him and completely screw the whole thing up. I think if we are to trade for Quinn, we have to move up into CLE or DET spot, not WAS.

zach8111
04-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Anyone know how much it would cost us to move up to #6?
our first and our third

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Since we have two 2nd's, don't be surprised Washington will demand one of our 2nd's since they only have 3 picks in their entire draft ..

That very well may be the deal breaker .. Miami offers 3rd, Washington wants the 2nd .

zach8111
04-05-2007, 11:15 AM
I think when its all said and done both QB's are gonna go in the top three. I dont see Cleveland passing on Quinn. It would just be a dumb move all around for them. He'd be a great Franchise Qb for them for years, he's already got substantial name recognition at Notre Dame so he'd sell tickets playing for an Ohio franchise, and if anyone has a strong friendship with Charlie Weis, it's Romeo Crennel. However, if one of the two QB's were to fall, i think it would actually be Russell. Word is scouts around the league are a little suspicious about his work ethic because of the way his weight has been fluctuating.i can definately see them passing on him because romeo crennel needs to win NOW and drafting AP is there best chance to do it. they could go after Carr or Green and take AP. if they dont win NOW, crennel is gone. so i see them passing on him for AP. i read something that said they arent very interested in quinn. i can see him falling to us.

FINSFAN2781
04-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Trading up to #6 seems pointless if you ask me. Like i mentioned earlier, whose to say CLE or DET wont take Quinn. Therefore we will have traded up to #6 for Quinn and he wont be there. If we are going to trade up for Quinn, it will have to be to CLE or DET spot, not WAS. That to me is a pointless trade.

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Trading up to #6 seems pointless if you ask me. Like i mentioned earlier, whose to say CLE or DET wont take Quinn. Therefore we will have traded up to #6 for Quinn and he wont be there. If we are going to trade up for Quinn, it will have to be to CLE or DET spot, not WAS. That to me is a pointless trade.

What are you talking about ? The projected trade would happen at the draft when (or if) Quinn falls to 6 .. The article also states that ..

A ton of trades happen during the draft every year ..

Billk78
04-05-2007, 11:28 AM

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think the article is saying that trade would only happen IF Quinn falls to pick #6. Thats why its saying the redskins hope he drops,...so they can trade down with a potential quinn suitor like the dolphins.

It would be a draft day trade IMO, so we wouldnt trade up if Quinn did indeed go before that 6th pick.

FINSFAN2781
04-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Your right, i mis-read it.

Mike13
04-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Sure, If the price is right.

zach8111
04-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Im all for trading up to get Quinn, but if we trade to #6, whose to say that Quinn will even still be there at #6. CLE or DET can pick him and completely screw the whole thing up. I think if we are to trade for Quinn, we have to move up into CLE or DET spot, not WAS.
that is why you wait until the draft and do the trade if he is available when it is time for wash. to pick. you dont do it before the draft.

FINSFAN2781
04-05-2007, 11:36 AM
that is why you wait until the draft and do the trade if he is available when it is time for wash. to pick. you dont do it before the draft.

Your right, i misread it.

NYinBostonFin
04-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Honestly, if he falls to 6th he most likely will fall to us. Minnesota is the only other team I could see taking Quinn and I dont think they will after they drafted Tavares in the 2nd last year.

Agent51
04-05-2007, 11:53 AM
The rumored trade and swap of picks for Bears OLB Lance Briggs is believed to be dead. The Redskins (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/wwhi040407.htm#), according to a source in Washington, are hoping Brady Quinn will fall to No. 6 so that they can find a potential suitor — with Miami being the most likely — that would be willing to trade up and acquire the pick. Ideally, the Redskins would like to trade down, and the prospect of adding a fourth starting-caliber linebacker to the roster to pair with current veteran Marcus Washington, free-agent addition London Fletcher and unproven second-year LB Rocky McIntosh, had very much interested the Redskins. ProFootballweekly.com

This has been a trade I have been advocating since day one, and have talked about in prety much every thread about Brady Quinn I have ever posted in :lol:. We could do it for our #9 and our #71 (3rd rounder), or our #9 and #60 (pats' second rounder) plus another later round pick from Washington (since our #9 and #60 is worth 50 more point than the #6).

However, as time has gone on, I have feared the Browns more and more, I just don't see him falling past them, the situation is TOO perfect for them to take him in every aspect. So I am now advocating a trade up to Detroit's spot at #2. We need a QB and it's time to show balls and finally make that big move. This is as close as we are ever going to come to our next franchise guy, don't blow it.

phinfanfrommd
04-05-2007, 12:05 PM
no sir on losing more pics

we will only lose one pick, Miami needs to take a gamble with a QB in the first round sometime. Quinn was bred for the NFL by a pretty good coach...Weiss (one of the few Patsy coaches i didnt hate)

FanMarino
04-05-2007, 12:25 PM
we will only lose one pick, Miami needs to take a gamble with a QB in the first round sometime. Quinn was bred for the NFL by a pretty good coach...Weiss (one of the few Patsy coaches i didnt hate)

Agreed. We are stockiing up on picks so the cupboard isnt bare this coming Draft regarding picks. If we do get the chance to get Quinn and for a 1st and 3rd then i say we should pull the trigger. Im not sure we will but this Draft is going to be very interesting which will make a nice change. :wink:

Dolphreak
04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
We should only do that at the last minute after seeing if Cleveland takes him at 3

jason8er
04-05-2007, 01:22 PM
This doesn't make any sense, because it makes sense. Did Daniel Snyder finally hand over the reins or what?

malzj
04-05-2007, 01:29 PM

either him or Beason in a later round. not sure where he's projected, possibly 2nd or third i assume.

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-05-2007, 01:37 PM

Well by that logic, any QB who is coached by a former NFL coach is a sure fire can't miss great QB in the NFL ..

Do you know how many QB's in college history have had NFL coaches ?? And how many of those QB's were downright awful ?

And don't forget, the patriots offense was better after Weis left.. The Patriots were great because of their defenses putting their offense in great positions .. Plus Weis stunk in Notre Dame ..

Agent51
04-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Well by that logic, any QB who is coached by a former NFL coach is a sure fire can't miss great QB in the NFL ..

Do you know how many QB's in college history have had NFL coaches ?? And how many of those QB's were downright awful ?

And don't forget, the patriots offense was better after Weis left.. The Patriots were great because of their defenses putting their offense in great positions .. Plus Weis stunk in Notre Dame ..

:lol:, how many Super Bowl's have they won AFTER Weis left? How many did they win while he was there? I rest my case.

ASUFinFan
04-05-2007, 02:57 PM

Haha well we wouldnt make that trade until those teams have already passed on him. If we would make that trade before the draft we would then be showing our hand as well. This would be a draft day trade if it were to happen.