PDA

View Full Version : Imagine this draft if....

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Looking at r position in this draft and that we could really use a QB or LT. Just imagine how much better off we would have been if both LT Long and QB Brohm had came out early. Wow we would have easly got a LT or QB I think. Both of those guys may have been the best at there positions in this draft.

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-05-2007, 11:16 AM
And too bad Miami went on a 6 game winning streak to finish 9-7 two seasons ago .. We would have gotten much better players in last years draft (and avoided Jason Allen) had the dolphins not overachieved ..

As enjoyable as that Buffalo comeback was, I wish we would have lost that game handily to acquire better players .

I wish Miami lost 4 or 5 of those last six games because in the end, it never amounted to much considering last season we were 6-10 anyway .

zach8111
04-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Looking at r position in this draft and that we could really use a QB or LT. Just imagine how much better off we would have been if both LT Long and QB Brohm had came out early. Wow we would have easly got a LT or QB I think. Both of those guys may have been the best at there positions in this draft.
i dont think brohm is as good as quinn or russell.

Lester
04-05-2007, 11:44 AM
And too bad Miami went on a 6 game winning streak to finish 9-7 two seasons ago .. We would have gotten much better players in last years draft (and avoided Jason Allen) had the dolphins not overachieved ..

As enjoyable as that Buffalo comeback was, I wish we would have lost that game handily to acquire better players .

I wish Miami lost 4 or 5 of those last six games because in the end, it never amounted to much considering last season we were 6-10 anyway .

I don't know, ask Detroit or Arizona or Cleavland how all those early pics are working out. They aren't exactly burning up the NFL now.

To me it seems the teams with early pics can get stuck in positions to always be there, but its hard to dig out. At least our team knows we can win games and compete. That is more important sometimes than one good player.

Also, that Buffalo game was the best game I have ever been to. I would never want to erase that memory.

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 11:52 AM
i dont think brohm is as good as quinn or russell.

Its close I personally like Brohm better.

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't know, ask Detroit or Arizona or Cleavland how all those early pics are working out. They aren't exactly burning up the NFL now.

To me it seems the teams with early pics can get stuck in positions to always be there, but its hard to dig out. At least our team knows we can win games and compete. That is more important sometimes than one good player.

Bull ! For every Detroit , I can name a team or two that turned it around greatly through the draft ..

You can't give me Cleveland or Matt Millen's drafting of WR year after year as a barometer for anything .. Many More teams have benefitted .

Again, you need astute management and luckily Miami has it now (not the Matt Millen types and the puppets and idiots running a couple franchises in this league) ..

And when you say Miami may compete now, lets not forget that it was Jimmy's drafts and holdovers that led us to our best current players - Zach and Taylor.. Without those two, and without other teams having to account for those guyson defense, we wouldn't have been able to compete with anybody over the past 2 or 3 years ..

And the Miami offense hasn't been able to compete with anyone in quite awhile .. It has sucked the bag for quite awhile .

And FYI, we were 6-10 last season .. That's hardly competing .

Agent51
04-05-2007, 12:00 PM

No real fan should EVER think like that. I never wanna see my team lose, I don't care if it gets us better picks. When we went on that win streak I was so happy, I THOUGHT the next season looked bright. We all know how that turned out, but I still wouldn't trade it in. You don't NEED higher picks to make a successful team. How often have the Patriots picked near the top, and look what they've done the past 5/6 years. You just need to draft smart and make good personnel decisions, which we didn't do in the Wanny or Saban era's, and we have paid for it. I higher pick WOULD have been nice in certain situation, but I'd never want my team to lose to get it.

Its close I personally like Brohm better.

Quinn > Brohm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Russell

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 12:13 PM
No real fan should EVER think like that. I never wanna see my team lose, I don't care if it gets us better picks. When we went on that win streak I was so happy, I THOUGHT the next season looked bright. We all know how that turned out, but I still wouldn't trade it in. You don't NEED higher picks to make a successful team. How often have the Patriots picked near the top, and look what they've done the past 5/6 years. You just need to draft smart and make good personnel decisions, which we didn't do in the Wanny or Saban era's, and we have paid for it. I higher pick WOULD have been nice in certain situation, but I'd never want my team to lose to get it.

I would take both Quinn and Brom before Russell that is for sure. Then its close though Quinn is more NFL ready but Brohm is better phsically and has a higher upside and a stronger arm.

Agent51
04-05-2007, 12:18 PM
I would take both Quinn and Brom before Russell that is for sure. Then its close though Quinn is more NFL ready but Brohm is better phsically and has a higher upside and a stronger arm.

Dude, have you SEEN Brady Quinn? That guys is friggin CHISELED! :lol:

He is said to be a workout freak.

VT Dolphan
04-05-2007, 12:18 PM
This draft sure would look a whole lot better if Brohm and Long left early. However, I'm pretty sure we'll be in the running for their services come next April. I don't see a particularly pretty season coming up.

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 12:26 PM
This draft sure would look a whole lot better if Brohm and Long left early. However, I'm pretty sure we'll be in the running for their services come next April. I don't see a particularly pretty season coming up.

I c u don't have much faith. While I don't see us being that great but I think r defence will be to good to get a top five pick and as of right now both those guys are going top five but things can change I geuss.

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 12:31 PM

Well he may be in good shape but arm strenght is deffintely going to Brohm who throws a much better deep ball, not that Quinns is bad. Basically Quiin has a Brady type arm and Brohm a Palmer like arm. Brohms arm is unreal he was also a top pitching prospect.

TotoreMexico
04-05-2007, 12:36 PM

:chuckle:

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Dude, have you SEEN Brady Quinn? That guys is friggin CHISELED! :lol: .

AHH !! Now I know why you are creaming over this guy ..

Agent51
04-05-2007, 12:48 PM
AHH !! Now I know why you are creaming over this guy ..

:shakeno: Ya got me, figured out my huge secret. I want Brady Quinn to be a Dolphin because then I can fantasize about his washboard abs glistening with sweat and picture him in the shower with all the other guys :rolleyes2.

Grow up, he commented on Brohm being physically better than Quinn, to which I replied I don't really get how anybody could physically look better, if you were an actual football fan instead of someone who wants our team to lose so they get higher picks and then take overrated O-linemen then you MIGHT have watched the combine coverage and seen what I am talking about. Unless you can be MATURE, don't quote me anymore. Go spread your "football knowledge" in the Main forum with all of the other people who have outrageous ideas on this team's players and needs and are extremely immature, leave the draft forum to the people who actually want to talk football and what's good for this franchise.

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Heh .. Can't take a joke ? Why such a long drawn out explanation ? You are pent up today aren't ya ?

Tupac Shakur
04-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Dolphins: Trade their first (#9) and sixth (#181) round choices for the Broncos first (#21), second (#56), and third (#70) round choices.
Dolphins draft:
#21) Joe Staley, T - Central Michigan
#40) Sidney Rice, WR - South Carolina
#56) Drew Stanton, QB - Michigan State
#60) Arron Sears, G - Tennessee
#70) Samson Satele, C - Hawaii
#71) David Irons, CB - Auburn
#108) Antonio Johnson, DT - Mississippi State
#199) Daniel Coats, TE - BYU
#219) Jacob Ford, DE/OLB - Central Arkansas
#238) Alonzo Coleman, RB - Hampton

Agent51
04-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Heh .. Can't take a joke ? Why such a long drawn out explanation ? You are pent up today aren't ya ?

I can take a joke fine, except when it is an immature joke coming from someone who never really contributes anything to a convo outside of his opinion that he passes as fact, and shoots down and attacks any other posters who disagree. I am all for a good joke here and there, that was just a 5th grade joke, like most of your posts.

RonnieB23
04-05-2007, 01:35 PM

He was really impressive at the combine, he look more like a LB than a QB. Is that gonna make him a better QB, i don't know, but can probably take a hit better than the average QB, on a side note Russel looked quite a bit out of shape.

VT Dolphan
04-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Dolphins: Trade their first (#9) and sixth (#181) round choices for the Broncos first (#21), second (#56), and third (#70) round choices.
Dolphins draft:

That will probably not happen...but damn that is pretty.

trate121hb
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
i dont like to imagine things that arent plausible

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-05-2007, 03:20 PM
That will probably not happen...but damn that is pretty.

It looks pretty because the dolphins traded down , and that result is the beauty of trading down .. Which I have been advocating on this board ..

If the dolphins trade down from their first pick, what is displayed won't happen, but it can be close IMO with the right management decisions calling the shots ..

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Dolphins draft:

While I like it and all what was the relivance of this on this thread.

SpurzN703
04-05-2007, 03:56 PM

Give me wins any day. Draft picks arent guaranteed to do a damn thing

miamiron
04-05-2007, 04:01 PM

MORE WHAT IF'S:boohoo:

The draft can't get here fast enough

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 05:15 PM
MORE WHAT IF'S:boohoo:

The draft can't get here fast enough

Thank u for ur great info on the topic.

finfan54
04-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Dolphins draft:

If we trade down to 21 and Greg Olsen is there, he is a dolphin.