PDA

View Full Version : Which WR has the best chance of falling to Miami at #40?

miami234ever
04-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Who do you guys think has the best chance to fall to us in the 2nd round. There's six WRs that could go in the first round IMO, but only Calvin Johnson is gauranteed to go in the first round. Who do you pick and why?

Boomer
04-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Of those you listed, Rice and Jarrett.

Buster Davis is a good pick at 40.

zach8111
04-05-2007, 05:02 PM
i really want ginn or meachem but i think they will go late first round but if they are available take them. i think bowe (LSU) will get the best available. i still like jarrett (USC), even though he ran slow. he really performs gameday and rice would work for me too. there are many good WR in the 1-2 rounds. dont forget there is even gonzalos (OSU) and steve smith (USC).

dominizzo
04-05-2007, 05:05 PM
I like Sidney Rice

footballer
04-05-2007, 05:06 PM

i would love to have a dude on the squad named Buster..

miami234ever
04-05-2007, 05:07 PM
i really want ginn or meachem but i think they will go late first round but if they are available take them. i think bowe (LSU) will get the best available. i still like jarrett (USC), even though he ran slow. he really performs gameday and rice would work for me too. there are many good WR in the 1-2 rounds. dont forget there is even gonzalos (OSU) and steve smith (USC).

Yea those two will likely be there and the same with Buster Davis, like Boomer mentioned above. I too want Meachem or Ginn to fall to #40 the most.

Hey Boom, do you think Rice is faster than Meachem on tape?

PhinFan0202
04-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Sidney Rice or Dewaynne Bowe could be available when we pick. Out of those two i like Bowe, guy reminds me of Anquan Boldin.

icephinfan
04-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Think Jason Hill will drop to 40?????

miami234ever
04-05-2007, 05:11 PM

Hey Ice what's up? I think Hill will definately be there at #40. He'll probably be there for #60 too.

icephinfan
04-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey Ice what's up? I think Hill will definately be there at #40. He'll probably be there for #60 too.

How ya been Lil Bro???

If we don't take Ginn at 9, and Hill is there at 40, we should take him.Your probably right though, he could be there at 60 too.

miami234ever
04-05-2007, 05:20 PM
How ya been Lil Bro???

If we don't take Ginn at 9, and Hill is there at 40, we should take him.Your probably right though, he could be there at 60 too.

Pretty good man, how about u? Yea Hill has looked pretty good lately. His stock rose pretty quickly.

icephinfan
04-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Pretty good man, how about u? Yea Hill has looked pretty good lately. His stock rose pretty quickly.

I'm good man.:cooldude:

Well for me either Hill or Rice if no Ginn.

Think Jarrett will be gone.

DRNEWBEE
04-05-2007, 05:26 PM

I could really see Buster developing into Zach Junior!

DRNEWBEE
04-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I say we pick up a steve smith type guy later in the draft.

dan the fin
04-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Who do you guys think has the best chance to fall to us in the 2nd round. There's six WRs that could go in the first round IMO, but only Calvin Johnson is gauranteed to go in the first round. Who do you pick and why?

I don't think Ginn should be on that list at all. The only reason he is falling is cause the media hypes people up and they can't hype up Ginn right now cause he has not worked out. Watch what will happen after he runs and he will probably run in the 4.2 range the every mock draft will have him going up on there boards. While most NFL scouts probably had him that high aready because they knew he was fast by watching him play. Don't let the media fool u they are all about the what have u done for me lately.

phinphanforever
04-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Of those listed I would say Meachem.
If you want a real deep sleeper though, keep an eye on Brad Ekwerekwu.

Boomer
04-05-2007, 05:45 PM
I could really see Buster developing into Zach Junior!

Craig 'Buster' Davis, the LSU WR rather than the FSU LB.

Boomer
04-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey Boom, do you think Rice is faster than Meachem on tape?

No. Rice has one speed, no top gear, but is a long strider. Meacham is much faster.

miami234ever
04-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Boomer, do you think Rice is faster than Meachem? (Besides to 40 yard dash.) Thanks Boom.

miami234ever
04-05-2007, 05:50 PM
No. Rice has one speed, no top gear, but is a long strider. Meacham is much faster.

Thanks. We posted at the same time.:lol: I'm really hoping for Meachem @ #40. If the draft goes down like last year, only 1 WR would be taken in the first round. But I doubt that will happen again. This class is much better. But I do think that maybe only 3 WRs will go in round 1, which could maybe let two WRs drop to us in the 2nd.

DRNEWBEE
04-05-2007, 05:52 PM
To be honest, with our 60th pick we should get a guy like Lorenzo Booker who can be a 3rd Down back who can catch the ball out of the backfield, is physically fit and is most importantly a Seminole!

DRNEWBEE
04-05-2007, 05:54 PM

Hes gotta change his nickname...Craig 'Bubba' Davis?

Boomer
04-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I say we pick up a steve smith type guy later in the draft.

Smith is another strong option at 40. A really, really good player.

miami234ever
04-05-2007, 05:55 PM
To be honest, with our 60th pick we should get a guy like Lorenzo Booker who can be a 3rd Down back who can catch the ball out of the backfield, is physically fit and is most importantly a Seminole!

Way too much of a reach for him and way off topic anyways. That would be a real waste especially with Ricky coming back.

Boomer
04-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm really hoping for Meachem @ #40. If

Won't happen, dude.

Finsfan79
04-05-2007, 05:57 PM
gonzalez, smith, hill rice and ginn all have a shot to be there around that time. Depending on ginn's workout numbers.

Take a good OG or Center there if possible though. Hopefully we already got Staley in the 1st anyways with a trade back.

Boomer
04-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Way too much of a reach for him and way off topic anyways. That would be a real waste especially with Ricky coming back.

Book is a mid to late 2nd, early 3rd as we stand.

Boomer
04-05-2007, 05:58 PM
gonzalez, smith, hill rice and ginn all have a shot to be there around that time. Depending on ginn's workout numbers.

Take a good OG or Center there if possible though. Hopefully we already got Staley in the 1st anyways with a trade back.

I have more chance of getting to 40 than Ginn does.

miami234ever
04-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Smith is another strong option at 40. A really, really good player.

Is he as fast as Meachem? I'm kinda really hoping we get a fast WR because of how average our WRs are. He played really well in the 2-3 games I watched him in, but not sure if he can bring the speed to our team. He seems like the "blah" WRs that we have on our team. But I wouldn't mind him @ 40.

Winbaby#23
04-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Boomer?? When do you think Jason Hill the WR. from Washington State will be taken and does Miami have any interest in him??

miami234ever
04-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Book is a mid to late 2nd, early 3rd as we stand.

I was thinking Book would be there for our 4th. You really think Meachem has no chance of falling to #40?

Boomer
04-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Is he as fast as Meachem? I'm kinda really hoping we get a fast WR because of how average our WRs are. He played really well in the 2-3 games I watched him in, but not sure if he can bring the speed to our team. He seems like the "blah" WRs that we have on our team. But I wouldn't mind him @ 40.

He's a 4.45 guy, quick, quick in and out of breaks, great hands.

Boomer
04-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I was thinking Book would be there for our 4th. You really think Meachem has no chance of falling to #40?

None at all unless he fails a drugs test

Aqua4Ever04
04-05-2007, 06:04 PM

I think Hill will be there in the 3rd round when we pick to be honest with you. I would love to draft this guy but I have one problem with him.

Obviously I live in Washington and the Apple Cup up here is as big of a game as there is in this state. Hill was hurt but could've played through pain in this year's Apple Cup but said that he's not from Washington so the game doesn't mean much to him. I was happy he didn't play because I'm a Husky fan, but you just don't say something like that.

miami234ever
04-05-2007, 06:05 PM
None at all unless he fails a drugs test

Dang it.:lol: Do you like Smith more than Davis by any chance? More than Rice?

DRNEWBEE
04-05-2007, 06:06 PM

Not too far off topic. We were talking about the 2nd round and guys who catch the ball...but if I have to pick a wide receiver with that pick and Jarrett Ginn and Johnson are gone, I'd pick Steve Smith. Solid possesion guy to complement Booker & Chambers.

MexDolfan
04-05-2007, 06:28 PM
This is a very unfair question, because these WRs have different value on each team's draft board, so the way a team calls the pick may impact too much about it.
Even us, because as today there are holes to fill: QB, OT(2), DT, DB, CB and WR.
That means that if there's a big number of WR in pick 40 and a lack of OT, our pick will go for the O-line. Else, if we pick a guy like DT Alan Branch in round one and there's a QB whose value is adequate for the #40 slot (Drew Stanton?), WR will have a lot of opportunities during the rest of draft.

LarryFinFan
04-05-2007, 06:29 PM
I think we'll be picking a QB with that pick...as it is, Stanton or Edwards may not be there at 40, particularly if Oakland and/or Cleveland don't pick the top two...

icephinfan
04-05-2007, 06:59 PM
I think Hill will be there in the 3rd round when we pick to be honest with you. I would love to draft this guy but I have one problem with him.

Obviously I live in Washington and the Apple Cup up here is as big of a game as there is in this state. Hill was hurt but could've played through pain in this year's Apple Cup but said that he's not from Washington so the game doesn't mean much to him. I was happy he didn't play because I'm a Husky fan, but you just don't say something like that.

They had him on ESPNEWS and while they were interviewing him they were showing highlights. He makes some circus catches and has good hands from what I saw. They threw alot to him in the corner of the endzone, he went up and came down with it.

They did talk about his injuries, he said he is feeling better than ever and no pain. Works out 2 times a day and is on a healthy diet.

If we get this guy, I believe it would be a steal for us. JMO though.

alen1
04-05-2007, 07:22 PM
should we try and get the UCF reciver .... i heard he had something like 98 grabs for 1200+ yards.......shouldnt he be there in the third round ?

Fin-omenal
04-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I don't think Ginn should be on that list at all. The only reason he is falling is cause the media hypes people up and they can't hype up Ginn right now cause he has not worked out. Watch what will happen after he runs and he will probably run in the 4.2 range the every mock draft will have him going up on there boards. While most NFL scouts probably had him that high aready because they knew he was fast by watching him play. Don't let the media fool u they are all about the what have u done for me lately.

yup

ojmcduffy
04-05-2007, 07:42 PM
i want rovert meachum what he lacks in speed he makes up witrh in strength and ability. hes a big bopdy who can fight for the ball break tackles and pick up the yac. unless our oline improves dramatically speed guiys are a waiste because we cant protect the qb long enough for our wrs to get down field rather have a big man who can move bodies arouind

Dolfan32323
04-05-2007, 08:26 PM
I honestly do not believe that Ginn even deserves to be on this list. He will be gone in the 1st round for sure. That said, I think Rice will def. be available at 40.

Aqua4Ever04
04-05-2007, 08:30 PM
They had him on ESPNEWS and while they were interviewing him they were showing highlights. He makes some circus catches and has good hands from what I saw. They threw alot to him in the corner of the endzone, he went up and came down with it.

They did talk about his injuries, he said he is feeling better than ever and no pain. Works out 2 times a day and is on a healthy diet.

If we get this guy, I believe it would be a steal for us. JMO though.

Ice I see more of Hill than any one on this board and you pretty much nailed it. He plays a lot like Chambers. Great leaping ability, pretty good speed and amazing atheltisim to make circus catches (body control.)

He has been hurt on and off throughout his college career but I think he'll be good by the start of the season. I too think he would be a great pick in the 3rd round.

Dolfan32323
04-05-2007, 08:32 PM
should we try and get the UCF reciver .... i heard he had something like 98 grabs for 1200+ yards.......shouldnt he be there in the third round ?You mean Mike Walker. I keep forgetting his name too lol, made a thread on it yesterday. http://finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=190326

icephinfan
04-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Ice I see more of Hill than any one on this board and you pretty much nailed it. He plays a lot like Chambers. Great leaping ability, pretty good speed and amazing atheltisim to make circus catches (body control.)

He has been hurt on and off throughout his college career but I think he'll be good by the start of the season. I too think he would be a great pick in the 3rd round.

Unless we take Ginn at 9.:wink:

Thanks Aquaman :hi5:

Aqua4Ever04
04-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Unless we take Ginn at 9.:wink:

Thanks Aquaman :hi5:

If we don't trade up to nab Quinn, I would be very comfortable with Ginn.

:hug: That hug is entirely hetero by the way. :lol:

The Confessor
04-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I am probably the biggest Ginn Antagonist on this site, but even I know he shouldnt make it past about 16 or 17 latest.

Finole
04-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Ted Ginn and Robert Meachem are virtual locks for the 1st round. Dwayne Bowe, too. Although, if I had to pick one of the three to slip, it would be Bowe.

Jarrett is also likely to go in the 1st round.

Rice is the only realistic choice on this poll as far as prospect rankings go. But you never know...

If Bowe is there at 40, I hope the Fins pass on him, though. Not crazy about his hands. We already got Hagan on the roster. Don't need another WR with questionable hands, thanks.

And if Jarrett is there, I would bet money the Fins pass. He's too slow. Mueller is looking for speed.

Sidney Rice would be a great pick. But he probably wouldn't contribute right away. A little bit of a project. And he's young. But he would be stellar (and maybe even better than Chambers) by his 2nd or 3rd year.

I don't see the Fins taking a WR at #40 unless Rice is on the board. And even then, only if Stanton is gone.

I don't see the Fins taking a WR at #60 either. You've got 7-8 WRs going in the 2nd round: Craig Davis, Anthony Gonzalez, Steve Smith, Jason Hill, Johnnie Lee Higgins, Aundrae Allison, and Mike Walker.

One of them will fall to the 3rd round. Hopefully it's Allison or Hill. That's when the Fins will draft a WR. There's just too much talent this year not to.

If Allison and Hill are gone, then you've still got Laurent Robinson, Brandon Myles, and David Clowney available in the 4th.

If Mueller decides to take a possession WR who isn't a burner but has tremendous hands and strength a la Oronde Gadsden, then James Jones from San Jose St would be a steal in the 6th or 7th round.

And get this, Jones did 22 reps of 225 lbs. at the combine. That's more than Arron Sears, Adam Koets, and Jarvis Moss. Jones also ran a 4.54 40-yard dash at the combine. Marques Colston ran a 4.50 40-yard dash.

You want production? In 12 games, Jones had 70 receptions for 893 yards for an average of 74.4 Yds/G and 12.8 YPC. And 10 TDs. Compare that to the #1 overall WR coming out this year, Calvin Johnson. In 14 games, 76 receptions for 1202 yards for an average of 85.9 Yds/G and 15.8 YPC. And 15 TDs.

That's insane! We're comparing a 6th or 7th round pick to the #1 overall pick here, folks. And their stats are comparable.

As far as speed goes, there should be quite a few undrafted free agents who are fast:

WR Jemalle Cornelius, Florida 5-11 184 4.42
WR Chandler Williams, Florida International 5-11 184 4.42
WR Maurice Price, Charleston Southern 6-1 194 4.45
WR Brad Ekwerekwu, Missouri 6-4 209 4.47

And these potential UFAs also have kick return potential:

WR John Broussard, San Jose St 6-1 200 4.38
WR Mike Mason, Tennessee St 6-0 190 4.40
WR Jahkeen Gilmore, Indiana 6-0 205 4.43
WR Johnathan Holland, Louisiana Tech 6-0 195 4.45