PDA

View Full Version : look for sure, miami getting a QB now.

zach8111
04-06-2007, 11:31 AM
now david carr has signed with the panthers, and green now looks to be going to the browns. the browns are wolling to offer more than the fins are. if this is the case and the browns get green, i could see us trading up for quinn IMO.

CitizenSnips
04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Or the Browns will take Quinn so Green can share his experience with the same way most of us on here wanted it to go.

RonnieBrownTown
04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
That would be great good then let Green go to the browns so we can get a young and healthy kid in the draft

elandre
04-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Browns will go RB.. You have my word

If they want a qb thell draft Troy Smith or somthing in the 3rd-4th

Finsfan1984
04-06-2007, 11:41 AM
My favorite scenario = getting Quinn in round 1, getting Sears/Ugogh @ 2a and Rice @ 2b

2nd favorite scenario = trading down in round 1, getting Ginn/Olsen/Bowe in round 1, and Stanton @ 2a, Sears/Ugogh @ 2b, and BPA @ 2c

Or some combo of that. Main thing is, either Quinn or Stanton.

Finsfan1984
04-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Browns will go RB.. You have my word

If they want a qb thell draft Troy Smith or somthing in the 3rd-4th
Theyre crazy if they pass on Peterson!!! He would be the best pick for them unless CJ is there.

Caliphinfan23
04-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Good move by the Browns...IMO. They get Green Peterson, and even Stanton in the second if they want. For the past week or so I have been thinking that we would do something similar and was even warming up to the idea of getting Stanton. Regardless of what happens, I think we definitely need one or the other...Quinn or Stanton.

elandre
04-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Theyre crazy if they pass on Peterson!!! He would be the best pick for them unless CJ is there.

Yup!
They need to win games in a hurry and Peterson is the guy who can bring that the feild as a rookie :D

PhinfanUK
04-06-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't see the Browns taking Quinn. They would be quite well set up for a playoff push with Adrian Peterson running the ball, I can see their defense being impressive this year, and Crennel will want to keep his job.

The more I think about it, the Lions will take Quinn. Their O-line is decent with two first rounders now playing tackle and there is no pressure on Marinelli going into his second year on the job. Quinn can sit behind Kitna and learn just like Carson Palmer did, and the Lions can look to compete the year after. If they pass on Quinn I think they take Gaines Adams over Joe Thomas.

Finsfan1984
04-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Good move by the Browns...IMO. They get Green Peterson, and even Stanton in the second if they want. For the past week or so I have been thinking that we would do something similar and was even warming up to the idea of getting Stanton. Regardless of what happens, I think we definitely need one or the other...Quinn or Stanton.

I have been saying this for months. I like Quinn, if not him, I like Stanton as 2nd best option. To me, there are no other options close to these 2. I see every other QB, for our team anyways, way behind these two guys.

Finfan53
04-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Yup!
They need to win games in a hurry and Peterson is the guy who can bring that the feild as a rookie :D
...and help Romeo Crennel keep his job!

colmax
04-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I have been saying this for months. I like Quinn, if not him, I like Stanton as 2nd best option. To me, there are no other options close to these 2. I see every other QB, for our team anyways, way behind these two guys.

I like Stanton, but for some reason, I like Edwards, too. Either way, I want Miami to get a QB this year. I really do not care who gets drafted.....

OneHondo
04-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Or the Browns will take Quinn so Green can share his experience with the same way most of us on here wanted it to go.

The same plan would work with Frye unless the Browns have completely written him off.

fishypete
04-06-2007, 12:24 PM

Every QB? I don't think so.

SgtPhin
04-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Mueller has a history of picking QB's and I believe he will continue this year. It just may not be the ones everyone are so hot over right now. He could possibly pick Rowe or Beck in the 4th or 6th rounds. We'll just have to wait and see.

eomdtbtr
04-06-2007, 12:48 PM
For some reason I'm not a Stanton fan.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/drewstanton.html

zonk4ever
04-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Man I'm disappointed with the Carr/Panthers signing. What did we have to lose on that one? And we made absolutely zero effort! Cam was in Italy eating pizza! Now all you maniacs are fantasizing about Quinn as if there's a strong chance of him dropping to 9 because no one wants him? In addition taking him at 9 versus signing Carr to a 2 year deal is gonna cost us millions while Quinn carries a clipboard for 2-3 years. Oh so the Quinn lovers are shouting; let's trade up, give away more draft picks to get him. Earth to all of you space cadets, we can't control/manipulate this "Quinn drafting" any more than any other team! And unlike a lot of teams, we have a lot of holes to fill. Carr, on the other hand, was a REALISTIC option and Cam/Mueller completely whiffed. I hope CPEP's healthy because this offseason thing is starting to sour.

BleeK3499
04-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Man i dont know about you guys, but i would love for the phins to trade down get stanton and olsen, i think olsen would be a great fit for our team. Talk about a versatile player, can play TE and could even be moved into the slot with his speed. Would give us great options.

zonk4ever
04-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Although he put up great combine numbers, Olsen accomplished very little as a "go to guy" with the Canes last season. To me he's just a workout warrior. Ist round measurables, 4th round production.

Fineas
04-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Mueller has a history of picking QB's and I believe he will continue this year. It just may not be the ones everyone are so hot over right now. He could possibly pick Rowe or Beck in the 4th or 6th rounds. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm not sure how this idea that Mueller has a history of drafting QBs got started. It simply isn't true. In the 7 drafts that he has run, he has taken 2 QBs, both in the 6th round (Bulger and JT O'Sullivan). Bulger got cut in training camp. Sullivan has yet to throw his first NFL pass.

Yes, in 2000 the Saints did briefly have 4 QBs of note in camp -- Aaron Brooks, Jeff Blake, Jake Delhomme, and Bulger. As mentioned above, Bulger got cut in camp. It is not unusual at all for a team to have 4 QBs in camp. While Mueller did trade for Brooks, Blake and Delhomme were there before Mueller got to New Orleans.

Geforce
04-06-2007, 02:02 PM
now david carr has signed with the panthers, and green now looks to be going to the browns. the browns are wolling to offer more than the fins are. if this is the case and the browns get green, i could see us trading up for quinn IMO.

Green has agreed to redo his contract if traded to Cleveland?

YetanotherFan
04-06-2007, 02:05 PM
I don't see the Browns taking Quinn. They would be quite well set up for a playoff push with Adrian Peterson running the ball, I can see their defense being impressive this year, and Crennel will want to keep his job.

The more I think about it, the Lions will take Quinn. Their O-line is decent with two first rounders now playing tackle and there is no pressure on Marinelli going into his second year on the job. Quinn can sit behind Kitna and learn just like Carson Palmer did, and the Lions can look to compete the year after. If they pass on Quinn I think they take Gaines Adams over Joe Thomas.

I agree here Phin. The browns are blowing smoke hoping we someone makes them a good offer. AP is there guy or this is what i keep telling myself so there is more of a chance for us to get Quinn :D .

SgtPhin
04-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Mueller had a propensity for drafting QBs? I apologize for any misinformation that I inadvertantly issued. I just hope the QB that we get is good enough to start and play well for us for an extended length of time.

Geforce
04-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Mueller had a propensity for drafting QBs? I apologize for any misinformation that I inadvertantly issued. I just hope the QB that we get is good enough to start and play well for us for an extended length of time.

You probably read it in one of the many threads/post by FinHeaveners that wants us to draft a QB. I think it has something to do with what Mueller did in New Orleans. What those same posters overlooked or didn't realize is that only Marc Bulger was drafted of the 4 QBs in camp that year.

23EmilioVasquez
04-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Maybe we will go QB in the Second round
What we should do is take landry or leon hall if one of them is there and if they are not there trade down and get either Levi Brown, Greg Olsen, Ted Ginn, Reggie Nelson (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft/prospect?contentId=8790981&year=2007), Brandon Meriweather (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft/prospect?contentId=8791175&year=2007)

Finsfan1984
04-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Maybe we will go QB in the Second round
What we should do is take landry or leon hall if one of them is there and if they are not there trade down and get either Levi Brown, Greg Olsen, Ted Ginn, Reggie Nelson (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft/prospect?contentId=8790981&year=2007), Brandon Meriweather (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft/prospect?contentId=8791175&year=2007)

I guess the good thing is, we have many needs, and not just one. Therefore, it should be easy for us to pick up a good player, or even 3 good players in the 1st 2 rounds, no matter where we pick. :D

miamirw
04-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Green will go where he WANTS to go. It's not up to the Browns or the Chiefs because Green will not renegotiate his contract to facilitate a trade. Green has all the Green. If he wants to play for Miami, that's what will happen. The compensation to the Chiefs is irrelevant becasue Green will not redo his contract unless he goes where he desires. End of story.

LarryFinFan
04-06-2007, 03:29 PM

More opinion ?? Yes, Carr definitely did sign with Carolina, however your assumption that Green is going to Cleveland is premature...think back 2 weeks ago....It was assumed that Miami would trade for him and that hasn't happened either...

Dfan06
04-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Man I'm disappointed with the Carr/Panthers signing. What did we have to lose on that one? And we made absolutely zero effort! Cam was in Italy eating pizza! Now all you maniacs are fantasizing about Quinn as if there's a strong chance of him dropping to 9 because no one wants him? In addition taking him at 9 versus signing Carr to a 2 year deal is gonna cost us millions while Quinn carries a clipboard for 2-3 years. Oh so the Quinn lovers are shouting; let's trade up, give away more draft picks to get him. Earth to all of you space cadets, we can't control/manipulate this "Quinn drafting" any more than any other team! And unlike a lot of teams, we have a lot of holes to fill. Carr, on the other hand, was a REALISTIC option and Cam/Mueller completely whiffed. I hope CPEP's healthy because this offseason thing is starting to sour.

Brady Quinn wouldn't carry the clipboard for long because he is used to the pro style offense. if we draft him i hope he starts from day 1. All we have to do is pound the football with R&R

jlfin
04-06-2007, 04:19 PM

I keep hearing people talk about all those holes we have. From what I see the "holes" are 2 positions in the O-line and QB. There are no other immediate needs. Safety is ok and CB is serviceable. There are very few teams that have a true "shutdown corner".
We could use some depth at LB, WR and defensive backfield, but that can be said about any team.
QB is a need pick at this point and this team better start devloping one. If Quinn gets past the 3rd pick I don't think it will take a lot to get into the 5th or 6th position to leapfrog the Vikings.

jlfin
04-06-2007, 04:22 PM
I guess the good thing is, we have many needs, and not just one. Therefore, it should be easy for us to pick up a good player, or even 3 good players in the 1st 2 rounds, no matter where we pick. :D

We don't have "many" needs. Fact is, every team that didn't win the SB can make similar claims.
Some of you act as if this is an expansion team. This team has some talent, but they have been poorly coached the last 3 yrs.

miamiron
04-06-2007, 04:35 PM

Makes sense to me!

zonk4ever
04-06-2007, 04:51 PM
for those that think the Dolphins only need to fix the OL and QB, I agree that those are the most critical needs, but when Jason Taylor had more interceptions than any of our secondary, you have to say we don't have any playmakers there and that's a... problem. If you're content with our wide receivers and feel that David Martin & Azz Hakim, will cause gameplanning nightmares for other teams, than share the excitement. We have one of the most unstable quarterback situations in the NFL and signing Carr would've been a huge plus. Why can't Cam and or Randy give us more optimism about CPEP? Enough of this; "he's working hard every day crap" and talking up Trent Green? Even if they hate CPEP, why can't they talk him up: "he's looking fantastic, he's all the way back ..." and maybe another team we'll be interested. So far, so bizarre.

maverick50
04-06-2007, 04:59 PM
most web sites have quinn gone before wqe get to pick. so i think stanton will be gone too. i sure as hell hope we dont draft a cb or ted ginn because he has yatil green all over him.
if we can we should go for kolb and get a lt in rd 1 and kalili in rd2 kolb in 2b would be a great pick for us and then we could get ryan mcbean in rd 3 and a wr in rd4 and then get two linebackers in rd 7 and rd 6 we coulds get a te.

Geforce
04-06-2007, 05:50 PM
for those that think the Dolphins only need to fix the OL and QB, I agree that those are the most critical needs, but when Jason Taylor had more interceptions than any of our secondary, you have to say we don't have any playmakers there and that's a... problem. If you're content with our wide receivers and feel that David Martin & Azz Hakim, will cause gameplanning nightmares for other teams, than share the excitement. We have one of the most unstable quarterback situations in the NFL and signing Carr would've been a huge plus. Why can't Cam and or Randy give us more optimism about CPEP? Enough of this; "he's working hard every day crap" and talking up Trent Green? Even if they hate CPEP, why can't they talk him up: "he's looking fantastic, he's all the way back ..." and maybe another team we'll be interested. So far, so bizarre.

Why can't they talk him up? It would make no sense for them to at this time when they have yet to see him in mini camp. General managers are not going to fall for it, especially after what they saw of him last year. Cpep will have to show it during QB school and mini camp before any team will believe "he's looking fantastic, he's all the way back."

Geforce
04-06-2007, 05:51 PM
most web sites have quinn gone before wqe get to pick. so i think stanton will be gone too. i sure as hell hope we dont draft a cb or ted ginn because he has yatil green all over him.
if we can we should go for kolb and get a lt in rd 1 and kalili in rd2 kolb in 2b would be a great pick for us and then we could get ryan mcbean in rd 3 and a wr in rd4 and then get two linebackers in rd 7 and rd 6 we coulds get a te.

What you basing this on?

zonk4ever
04-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Culpepper is supposedly participating in the Dolphins offseason conditioning program and is working out every day. The front office certainly can express "optimism" based on how his workouts are going. It's not a question of having other GM'S "fall for it", it's about giving the Dolfans some degree of hope. Instead you got Dolfans freaking out over "trading up" possibilities for Brady Quinn which truly is a waste of time. Isn't it possible the guy could be healthy by now. Praise in public. Criticize in private.

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-06-2007, 06:21 PM
We don't have "many" needs. Fact is, every team that didn't win the SB can make similar claims.
Some of you act as if this is an expansion team. This team has some talent, but they have been poorly coached the last 3 yrs.

What ?? The dolphins don't have many needs ? Have you watched the same team as everyone else ? And have you taken a look at our roster ?

we need an overhaul on offensive line.. We have no center (our center is below average and he's really a guard) , we have no LT and no LG.

We don't have a TE , just guys who are fillers and below average

We need an upgrade at receiver

We don't have a QB.. We have one but he plays on one leg and he is dumber than a pole .

If Ricky doesn't come back, we don't have a capable backup to Ronnie.. And if he gets hurt, then what ?

We only won the games we did last season because we had a few guys on defense, and lost some of them like Kevin Carter , and the other difference makers are old (Zach and Taylor) - this could be their last year before they retire .. So then what ?

We need some youngsters on defense, especially linebacker and the defensive line . To count on guys like Manny Wright (who is skitso) and the other Wright is foolish , they haven't proven anything in this league whatsoever .

We need some playmakers in the secondary ..

Is that enough needs for you ??

bert
04-06-2007, 06:22 PM
browns get a pro bowl qb that has a couple of more years left.the best rb coming out in years.they pick the best o-linemen in the second round.then there choice of qb's next year,alot of good one's coming out.maybe we do have a shot at quinn?

jlfin
04-06-2007, 07:10 PM
What ?? The dolphins don't have many needs ? Have you watched the same team as everyone else ? And have you taken a look at our roster ?

we need an overhaul on offensive line.. We have no center (our center is below average and he's really a guard) , we have no LT and no LG.

We don't have a TE , just guys who are fillers and below average

We need an upgrade at receiver

We don't have a QB.. We have one but he plays on one leg and he is dumber than a pole .

If Ricky doesn't come back, we don't have a capable backup to Ronnie.. And if he gets hurt, then what ?

We only won the games we did last season because we had a few guys on defense, and lost some of them like Kevin Carter , and the other difference makers are old (Zach and Taylor) - this could be their last year before they retire .. So then what ?

We need some youngsters on defense, especially linebacker and the defensive line . To count on guys like Manny Wright (who is skitso) and the other Wright is foolish , they haven't proven anything in this league whatsoever .

We need some playmakers in the secondary ..

Is that enough needs for you ??

I disagree with your assessment. It's not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. The O-line DOES NOT need an overhaul, 1-2 positions need to be upgraded. The WR's on this team are better than what the Pats and Chargers put on the field last season. I do agree we need a QB, though.
Many teams actually draft and develop players which allows them the flexibility to release the higher priced vets. Every team counts on young players who "haven't proven anything". Much of it has to do with what the coaches see in practice. You seem to want 22 starters who are pro bowl caliber when the fact is no team in this league can boast that.
This team, in retrospect, was poorly coached. They have more talent than 6-10 would indicate.

Y