PDA

View Full Version : New Line Cinema Acquires Rights to Gears Of War

Firesole
04-06-2007, 11:38 AM
New Line Cinema Acquires Rights to Gears Of War
Los Angeles—New Line Cinema has acquired the feature film rights to Epic Games' award-winning video game, Gears of War®, with writer Stuart Beattie attached to adapt the project and Temple Hill Entertainment set to produce. The announcement was made jointly today by New Line Production President Toby Emmerich and Epic Games' VP and co-founder Mark Rein.

//http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0321-gowmovie.htm

This should be an awesome movie!

Dubfire
04-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Good game.

Horrible movie.

Pretty much the way it always is.

Who plays Marcus Fenix? Baird? Cole and Dom?

I say:
Marcus - Dolph Lundgren (is he still alve)
Baird - Val Kilmer
Cole - Tom Lister Jr
Dom - ??

Any movie with Deebo and Dolph cant be good.:lol:

Majpain
04-06-2007, 05:21 PM
It would be perfect it had the style like 300.

Dubfire
04-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Good one Maj..

That may make it work...

Majpain
04-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Good one Maj..

That may make it work...

Well if you remember the blood in 300 it was so cool looking just like in Gears. I think it would work better with some CGI. USe real actors but use CGI for scenery, buildings maybe the Locusts and other stuff.

Dubfire
04-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Now who would the players be..

Mine are awful I admit..:lol:

Majpain
04-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Now who would the players be..

Mine are awful I admit..:lol:

:lol: im not too good with that either. I just hope they fit the part.

Scatman
04-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Good game.

Horrible movie.

Pretty much the way it always is.

Who plays Marcus Fenix? Baird? Cole and Dom?

I say:
Marcus - Dolph Lundgren (is he still alve)
Baird - Val Kilmer
Cole - Tom Lister Jr
Dom - ??

Any movie with Deebo and Dolph cant be good.:lol:

im thinking Batista from wwe for marcus... and jason taylor for cole (i know he dont fit perfect but i like jt's swagger for him)

Majpain
04-07-2007, 08:22 PM
im thinking Batista from wwe for marcus... and jason taylor for cole (i know he dont fit perfect but i like jt's swagger for him)

Scatman you killed it already :lol:

Besides JT would play a better Kim.

Mike13
04-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Lets see how they **** this one up.

dolphan117
04-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Lets see how they **** this one up.
:lol: Pretty much.

DisturbedShifty
04-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Well first off, this movie would have to be done in CGI. The men and monsters in that game are WAY to big to be played by normal people and it look right. The other good thing about that would be that you could keep the voices. I mean come on you want someone else other than John DiMaggio (sp) playing Fenix?

The second thing, is that Gears was more game play drivin. Not story drivin. When you start that game you get thrown in, which was cool, right into the middle of something that is going on and have no background story. And what they do call a story in that game is reall hard to follow. Ok sure, your fighting the Lotcus. But how exactly did Fenix's father know how to map their caves? Or why are they called Gears? Or why Fenix was locked up? (and if there is an answer to these question I guess I just missed them) They just threw it out there and hoped you didn't question it. If and when this is made into a movie they really need to sit down with the people at Epic and really get them involved, very much like Bungie is doing with the Halo movie (hence the reason it has stalled, Bungie and Microsoft didn't like what the movie studio was trying to pull). Or it will wind up being another Doom. They will cast The Rock as Fenix.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure over the course of a couple of more games that the Gears storyline will get flushed out, but right now with what little they have to work with, it's a bad time to make a movie based on the game.

Perfect23
04-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Man I really loved the video game Doom and saw the Movie I then never wanted to play the game again because it was such a bad movie

Bruzer
04-08-2007, 08:29 AM
worst thing is its not that games can't make a good movie its that horrible directors most of the time pick up the game and make the movie horrible. If a good director, script writer and producer got signed on it then yes it could be a awesome movie.

Phinz420
04-08-2007, 10:55 AM
worst thing is its not that games can't make a good movie its that horrible directors most of the time pick up the game and make the movie horrible. If a good director, script writer and producer got signed on it then yes it could be a awesome movie.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifhttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifhttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Boll is also making Dungeon Seige, Postal, FarCry, and Alone in the Dark 2.....someone shoot me please...

mor911
04-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Vin Diesel as Fenix, and Ving Rhames as Cole.

Majpain
04-08-2007, 02:01 PM
I actually think Vin Diesel would make a good part. Same with Rhames. Though I kinda like Terry Tate :D