PDA

View Full Version : my mock draft (check it out!!!)

WatCanBrownDo4U
04-06-2007, 09:48 PM
this is how i think it will sort out all in the end

1.Oakland- Jamarcus Russell QB

2.Tampa Bay(trade with det.)- Calvin johnson WR

3.Clevland- Gaines Adams DE

4.Detroit(trade with TB)- Joe Thomas OT

5.Arizona- Adrian Peterson RB

6.Miami(Trade with Wash.)- Brady quinn QB

7.Minny- Laron Landry S

8.Atlanta(trade with Hou.)- Jamal Anderson DE

9.Washington- Alan Branch DT

10.Houston- Levi Brown OT

11.San Francisco- Patrick Willis ILB

12.Buffalo- Marshawn Lynch RB

13.St. Louis- Leon Hall CB

14.Carolina- Greg Olsen TE

15.Pittsburgh- Amobi Okoye DT

16.Green Bay- Ted GInn JR. WR

17.Jacksonville- Adam Carriker DE

18.Cincy- Jon Beason OLB

19.Tennesse- Robert Meachem WR

20.New York Giants- Lawrence Timmons OLB

21.Denver- Jarvis Moss DE

22.Dallas- Darrelle Revis CB

23.Kansas City- Dwayne Bowe WR

24.New England- Reggie Nelson

25.New York Jets- Aaron Ross CB

26.Philly- Michael Griffin S

27.New Orleans- Chris Houston CB

28 NE (from seattle)- Brian Leonard FB

29.Baltimore- Joe Staley OT

30. San Diego- Dwayne Jarrett WR

31.Chicago- Ben Grubbs OG

32. Indianapolis- Paul Posluszny OLB

what do u guys think???
comments??

Caliphinfan23
04-06-2007, 10:00 PM
I think that it is VERY unlikely that the Browns take Adams over Peterson and I do not think that Quinn will be there at #6.

As we learned from last year (Young & Bush), you can rationalize picking Quinn and having him wind up being a bust. You cannot explain away picking someone over him and having him (Quinn) succeed.

Caliphinfan23
04-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh and let's not even mention that Arizona has Edge. The back is not their problem...its the line. Who knows, though, clubs make some rediculous moves sometimes. He would be BPA and everyone does have two backs but if I were them I would rather have Anderson or Landry

Caldolfan
04-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Say no to Quinn.

Jaj
04-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Why because you've heard a load of garbage on how he's not a good QB?

I say yes on Quinn and I think he'll be a top 7-8 QB in the NFL.

Perfect23
04-06-2007, 10:42 PM
no to Quinn

Regan21286
04-06-2007, 10:46 PM
That's very unlikely, but I would like to see it happen.

Jaj
04-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I really do love the no to Quinn posts. I'd love for some to elaborate on them.

What is it the big game thing? He's played tough defenses and has beat them. Michigan he got obliterated behind that offensive line.

Static387
04-06-2007, 11:05 PM
I am pro Quinn from a football stand point. However, there is one thing that I worry about with Quinn.

He wants to be in Cleveland

Elliott 1
04-07-2007, 03:22 AM
If we trade up it better be after we have traded DC,Chambers and Booker and Williams.

Because as it is we need every pick we have to improve the secondary and build an OL.

You guys who want to trade up aren't seeing the real picture. Your blinded by years of frustration and your desire for an elite QB.

Next year we may very well have the stability and wherewithal to trade up for one of the top QB's, but not this year.

This year we need to trade down, in fact we are desperate to trade down.

It would be so much better to trade down and garner a couple more picks than trade up and try to build an OL with all 6th and 7th round picks.

And if we are going to have any shot at all of picking a CB who can make an impact right away, it's going to have be in the first round or with the #40.

spydertl79
04-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Three trades? Yeah right

Jaj
04-07-2007, 03:47 AM
If we trade up it better be after we have traded DC,Chambers and Booker and Williams.

Because as it is we need every pick we have to improve the secondary and build an OL.

You guys who want to trade up aren't seeing the real picture. Your blinded by years of frustration and your desire for an elite QB.

Next year we may very well have the stability and wherewithal to trade up for one of the top QB's, but not this year.

This year we need to trade down, in fact we are desperate to trade down.

It would be so much better to trade down and garner a couple more picks than trade up and try to build an OL with all 6th and 7th round picks.

And if we are going to have any shot at all of picking a CB who can make an impact right away, it's going to have be in the first round or with the #40.

The offensive line is not really as bad of a need as some make it. It's actually a complicated animal mainly held back by the lack of a left tackle. The right side of the line should be fine this season. We have three solid players, it's just that left side has a lack of clarity and needs probably one solid player either at LT or LG.

I disagree that you fill in the cracks before gaining the franchise piece. I think it's the other way around. For that reason if there is any chance to get Quinn and atleast know you have your quarterback and your running back, you do it.

DonShula84
04-07-2007, 04:27 AM
I am pro Quinn from a football stand point. However, there is one thing that I worry about with Quinn.

He wants to be in Cleveland

He wants to be in Cleveland because if he's in Cleveland he makes more money. He'd actually like to be in Oakland, because he's said over and over he wants to be the first pick. Him saying that to try and coax a team into drafting him is meaningless.

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-07-2007, 05:18 AM
a Big PHAT "NO" to Quinn !

Stefins
04-07-2007, 09:38 AM
i do NOT want to trade up.
I want to Trade down

Caliphinfan23
04-07-2007, 09:41 AM
The " No to Quinn ! " baffles me as well. QB's (all players for that matter ) are rated high or low for a reason. If a player is rated high it is because the probability of them being a bust is low and/or the ability to find a quality player in that position is placed at a premium. Quinn is both a high probability of success, in comparison to the typical rook, and plays a position that is tough to find quality at.

Everyone wants to find the gem in Rds 3-7 but the odds are against you. Whether you like Russell, Quinn, Kolb or Stanton; you are just as likely to end up with Ryan Leaf as you are Peyton Manning. You could end up with Matt Hasselbeck (6th Round of the same draft) but the odds are very much against it. Your odds are better if you just sack up pull the trigger on the better bet.

WatCanBrownDo4U
04-07-2007, 12:50 PM
washingtons GM already stated all they want to swap picks is a 3rd rounder. and i think thats what well have to give up to find our franchise QB

Fin-omenal
04-07-2007, 12:56 PM
He wants to be in Cleveland because if he's in Cleveland he makes more money. He'd actually like to be in Oakland, because he's said over and over he wants to be the first pick. Him saying that to try and coax a team into drafting him is meaningless.

To a degree I agree with you but I do believe he would like to be back in Ohio, he probobly grew uo a Clowns fan...

Im sure he wants to go #1 but I dont see him lobbying to be a lion..

Thing is IF he does go to Cleveland....he's doomed!

Sofla328
04-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Im sure he wants to go #1 but I dont see him lobbying to be a lion..
no one said he would be lobbying to go to detroit

i do NOT want to trade up.
I want to Trade down!
luckily, You won't be doing any trading

musphinzfan
04-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Why trade up?...No 1 would take him from them to us...Ya its possible but not likely.

MustangFinFan
04-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Quinn wants to be in Cleveland???

who on earth wants to play for the Browns???

fins317
04-07-2007, 04:17 PM
We cannot afford to trade up. We need players through the draft which is something this team has been lacking for the past ten years. Quinn does no good if you put him behind a poor offensive line. Look for 2 out of the first three picks to go OL. Hopefully they pick up Levi Brown at #9 or maybe trade down to grab some other OL linemen that are moving up the board. We have way too many needs to focus on Quinn. I would like them to pick up a Drew Stanton in the second round. Just say no to up and say "TRADE DOWN!"

PATSSUCK
04-07-2007, 04:34 PM
a Big PHAT "NO" to Quinn !

Hey look its our unofficial GM. Who should we pick to fill in the void at QB? I bet you want BUST in the MAKING Tedd Ginn or you want a DT like the rest of these geniuses. I bet you dont have a reason, like the rest of these folks, who say "no to Quinn", but have no reason.

Pocoloco
04-07-2007, 04:53 PM
I like the mock. Pozlusky is flirting with the second round as I understand, I'd love for him to drop to #40.

I agree about the trade up to 6 for Brady Quinn. But I see the first five spots working out a little differently..
1) Oakland- Calvin Johnson
2) Detroit- Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas (Stanton in 2nd)
3) Cleveland- Jamarcus Russell
4) Tampa Bay- Okoye (surprise)
5) Arizona- Joe Thomas, Gaines Adams, or Adrian Peterson (Edge only for 1 more year 1 think)
6) Miami trades up here

The Oakland pick is based on a couple of things. I really think, right before the draft, we trade them Daunte for a 5th or 6th. That plus McNown and Walter should keep them satisfied for a year and, after all, Calvin Johnson is too much to pass up.

I don't see Detroit risking another fiasco with a high WR or QB. They seem perfectly fine with waiting for Drew Stanton or Trent Edwards in round 2. I really think Cleveland will pick a QB, and they do see more enamored with Russell. But if Oakland takes him at #1, you can kiss Quinn goodbye, he'll be a Brown.

I really think what Oakland does will determine whether we get Quinn or not.

PATSSUCK
04-07-2007, 05:13 PM
washingtons GM already stated all they want to swap picks is a 3rd rounder. and i think thats what well have to give up to find our franchise QB

LINK?? I think you are confused with the Cleveland/KC negogiations for Green. That would be a steal

Regan21286
04-07-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't see Detroit risking another fiasco with a high WR or QB. They seem perfectly fine with waiting for Drew Stanton or Trent Edwards in round 2. I really think Cleveland will pick a QB, and they do see more enamored with Russell. But if Oakland takes him at #1, you can kiss Quinn goodbye, he'll be a Brown.

I really think what Oakland does will determine whether we get Quinn or not.

I agree on the Oakland thing. Them picking CJ would really shake things up.

If Russell's on the board, Savage will take him. He's scouted Russell for 7 years. Only way they draft Quinn is if Russell goes to Oakland or Crennel whines to the management which forces Savage to go against his preference.

FinFrenzy
04-07-2007, 05:37 PM
We need Quinn...it's time for us to have and groom a franchise QB, period!