PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts on p.willis @ #9

nolefin
04-07-2007, 04:26 PM
If we dont trade up to get quinn how would you feel about willis @ 9? who else would we take? landry will probably be gone and i dont think ginn or brown are worth the #9 pick i am really starting to think the fins will try to trade up to get quinn and if that dont work they will try to trade down and if they cant, willis might have the best value at #9, heck the guy runs a freaking 4.3!!! i would be happy if we got him, zach is getting old and we could run more 3-4 with willis! i think he will be a pro bowl LB he is a beast!

eomdtbtr
04-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Not that I don't like Willis, but we have one of the best linebacker corps in the NFL, and we have more pressing needs.

colmax
04-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Check my sig. I'd love him to get drafted by Miami!

JFoxx
04-07-2007, 04:47 PM
While I like him as well and think he'll be a pretty good LB in the next few years, I really don't see us staying in the #9 spot and drafting him. If he's there and the best prospect we're looking at, I guarantee will be fielding a few calls from other teams interested in him. While I understand the issue of having a really good LB prospect for the future, it just doesn't help the overall team if our Off still stinks or we don't have the DB's to stop the pass. Getting Porter pretty much eliminated the possibility of Willis for us (unless no other options are there, which is unlikely).

feelthepain
04-07-2007, 04:54 PM
I'd be thrilled.

Pocoloco
04-07-2007, 05:00 PM
I be thrilled, absolutely. But I think that would probably mean that this year would be Zach's last in a Dolphins uniform, since we would probably trade him away for whatever we could get, probably a late third from a contender.

retarmyfinfan
04-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Not that I don't like Willis, but we have one of the best linebacker corps in the NFL, and we have more pressing needs.

I'm all for getting Willis if that what it boils down to. Right now we do have an awesome LB corp, but Zach is not the youngest guy around, Porter is 30, JT, LB/DE, is gettting up there so basically we have Crowder as the only young player and our depth isn't the greatest. If Willis is the best value at 9, I say take him.

retarmyfinfan
04-07-2007, 05:04 PM
If we dont trade up to get quinn how would you feel about willis @ 9? who else would we take? landry will probably be gone and i dont think ginn or brown are worth the #9 pick i am really starting to think the fins will try to trade up to get quinn and if that dont work they will try to trade down and if they cant, willis might have the best value at #9, heck the guy runs a freaking 4.3!!! i would be happy if we got him, zach is getting old and we could run more 3-4 with willis! i think he will be a pro bowl LB he is a beast!

Agreed.

HybridPHIN 23
04-07-2007, 05:10 PM
if we have to stand pat at #9. he could be the best option we have

23EmilioVasquez
04-07-2007, 05:14 PM
True but i think our front seven is set we should think about Secondary in the draft Landry or leon hall would make our D complete that would be a masive upgrade over Bell or travis but if we cant maybe we should trade down and get reggie nelson or DARRELLE REVIS our offence needs some help like Greg olsen wiould be owsome

Scout72
04-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Pocoloco I love your first three picks man. Hell yah! But Houston just doesn't seem possible, instead take Zach Miller ASU Tightend, now that's what I'm talkin about. I can't figure out why Doug Free from Northern Ill. isn't more highly rated. To me all he needs to do is bulk up and get stronger and he will be a bonified left tackle in the NFL. Thoughts anyone?

SR 7
04-07-2007, 05:45 PM
I be thrilled, absolutely. But I think that would probably mean that this year would be Zach's last in a Dolphins uniform, since we would probably trade him away for whatever we could get, probably a late third from a contender.

so does he end up palyign WOLB or MLB cuz of CC? thats the thing im pondering. I think MLB is great for him but CC i think would be better at MLB as oppose to being a WOLB.

23_Phins_84
04-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Im all for Willis

zonk4ever
04-07-2007, 08:38 PM
It's a tough call but i cannot remember any middle linebacker candidate running sub 4.4's ... that's simply unheard of! And to top it off, he's a great football player with great character not just a workout warrior.

DolphinForLife
04-07-2007, 09:29 PM
LB is the last position I would ever think of us going at number 9, but I have to admit Patrick Willis is a freak and he may very well be the BPA and that's what you have to draft imo..so I wouldn't mind taking him. Although, this would push JT back to DE permanently, our LB will be SET. Crowder/Porter on the edges with Willis/Thomas inside.

Retnuhrace
04-07-2007, 09:33 PM
if we have to stand pat at #9. he could be the best option we have

:lol:

maverick50
04-07-2007, 10:47 PM
big cohuna here and i hereby give the okiedokie to drafting patrick willis . i am also pondering the need in drafting two wrs and two olinemen and a qb and that qb should be kevin kolb in the 3rd rd .:ninja:

TexanPhinatic
04-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Willis looks to be pretty solid, but LB is really the last spot we need to be looking at in round 1. And honestly I think the Vikings and maybe even the Skins could grab him before us.
We just have to many holes to take Willis. Quinn, Ginn, landry/nelson/Revis, Okoye, Brown would all be better picks for us.

jyockel99
04-07-2007, 11:30 PM
yea about patrick willis, that would be a terrible pic for us. He will be a great player, dont get me wrong. But you have to draft by need first. There are too many other great players available there that would fit a need and be just as higha caliber. (Levi Brown, Leon hall, Greg Olsen, etc.) (not LaRon Landry, i dont want us taking a safety again) I think if we go defense (which we shouldn't, since it was our offense that sucked, well our defense was great), we would have to go corner, like Leon Hall, who IS the best corner in the draft, nto Darelle Revis.

Roman529
04-07-2007, 11:41 PM

If we had not gotten Joey Porter I could see us drafting Willis, but we have little need now for another LB.

SgtPhin
04-08-2007, 10:11 AM
"We have little need for now for another LB". What do we have after the 1st 4? We also need quality back-ups in case of injury. What happens if,God forbid, Zach goes down with a knee injury, or Joey or CC? What do we have behind them??

randy9
04-08-2007, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't hate it! Zack's getting long in the tooth and Porter's no spring chicken so OK!

musphinzfan
04-08-2007, 11:27 AM
I see Pat as a trade down guy if he stay on the board to 9....Theres 3 teams that want him after us.

1)Bills-this team has lost both Fletcher and Spikes...Rb is a need but Adrian shouldnt be there at 12 and Marshawn is to much of a reach wright now.

2)Niners-They need Ilb badly and might move up if they need too...This team here makes both the Bills (who i dont want him to go)and the Steelers come to our spot to get him

3)Steelers-Needs are DE,olb/ilb,o-line and cb....Ya they could just see who flops to him but to get a for sure thing for a pick isn t such a bad idea.

MastR_EvaluatoR
04-08-2007, 12:02 PM
I hope Miami does nab Willis if Miami stays at #9 with Atlanta and Minnesota not taking him .

When all is said and done in 12 years, I think we will all look back at this draft and agree Willis was the best defensive player in this draft ..

Kdawg954
04-08-2007, 12:12 PM
definitely want a LB in this draft . . . but not on day 1. With all the experience on this defense . . . its perfect to roll the dice on an athletic smaller school LB and let him learn the ropes. Willis will be good, but its like AP, we really have other needs.

miamiron
04-08-2007, 12:43 PM
As much as I would love to have a player like Pat on this team I still think the right thing to do would be trade down and aquire more picks and pick up a quality player in the first round that fits our needs .There are other LBs available that we could groom as Zach's future replacement such as Justin Durant,Buster Davis,Earl Everett,David Harris,HB Blades,Brandon Siler and my favorite Zac DeOssie or we could go Crowder to the middle and draft an outside LB to replace Crowder when he goes to the middle(of course with a later round pick)
Maybe next year would be better to shore up our LBs but if someone of quality fell to us in the 6th then I would jump but our needs are more important to fill with this next draft and LBs is not a need compared to other positions.
I'm sure we could get a quality player in the later rounds